Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

Anyways, I had pulled a +hp/-Atk Dierdre, and I was wondering how to fix her. I had some ideas, like Mirror Strike/Death Blow/ TA/Fury for the A Slot, Lancebreaker/GTB/QR for the B Slot, and her native spd Ploy for the C slot. Are any of these ideas good ones?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

Anyways, I had pulled a +hp/-Atk Dierdre, and I was wondering how to fix her. I had some ideas, like Mirror Strike/Death Blow/ TA/Fury for the A Slot, Lancebreaker/GTB/QR for the B Slot, and her native spd Ploy for the C slot. Are any of these ideas good ones?

For Arena Assault, I go with [Reposition/Swap, Glimmer, Triangle Adept 2, and Quick Riposte 2] for green mages. You can get that set cheaply from Lon'qu/Beruka, Selena, and Subaki. C slots do not really matter for Arena Assault since you will often be mixing and matching counters unless you are using permanent teams.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

For Arena Assault, I go with [Reposition/Swap, Glimmer, Triangle Adept 2, and Quick Riposte 2] for green mages. You can get that set cheaply from Lon'qu/Beruka, Selena, and Subaki. C slots do not really matter for Arena Assault since you will often be mixing and matching counters unless you are using permanent teams.

Thanks for the help. I know I won’t need to fodder a Subaki considering she comes with QR3

Edited by Poimagic

6 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Thanks for the help. I know I won’t need to fodder a Subaki considering she comes with QR3

Oh right. Completely forgot about she got that already.

Okay I know how I'm going to build Halloween Henry, the usual owl tome/close counter stuff.  However with Halloween Jakob +def/-HP.  I was going to do guard bow +res refine, and then I'm not sure.  A skill I do have distant defense fodder to spare, with guard bow and seal that could be +18def/res which seems crazy.  However maybe svalin shield is better, and +12def/res is more than enough with armor buffs, this would take care of effective armor weapons.  

So mostly asking for guard bow Jakob, distant defense or svalin shield?  

Which staff would be preferred on Bride Lyn? Looking at Martyr+, Recover+, and her default Rehab+.

If it is relevant, she's +Spd/-Res with +1 merge. Currently have her set up with Wrathful Candlelight+ and can go either Atk +3 or Spd +3 for A-slot and also has double Savage Blow 3.

Edited by Roflolxp54

41 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Which staff would be preferred on Bride Lyn? Looking at Martyr+, Recover+, and her default Rehab+.

If it is relevant, she's +Spd/-Res with +1 merge. Currently have her set up with Wrathful Candlelight+ and can go either Atk +3 or Spd +3 for A-slot and also has double Savage Blow 3.

Which healing staff to use is up to your preference. I prefer Recover or Physic, but Rehabilitate and Martyr are not too bad that I find a need to replace them.

I would go for Speed +3 on her to help her survive. If you plan to use her offensively, then I would switch it to Attack +3 and maybe change her staff Weapon to Pain, although her default Candlelight is fine.

Is there a good Parthia build for Jeorge? I'm not sure in what niche to put his special refinement. 

I've been using a +ATK/-SPD Jeorge with Brave build since a long time, but now I may switch to a +ATK/-HP nature if there is any advantage to gain from. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Is there a good Parthia build for Jeorge? I'm not sure in what niche to put his special refinement. 

I've been using a +ATK/-SPD Jeorge with Brave build since a long time, but now I may switch to a +ATK/-HP nature if there is any advantage to gain from. 

You can check out his analysis page here. I personally prefer an Enemy Phase build for Parthia since Brave Bow and Firesweep Bow are just so much better in general for Player Phase.

On 5/1/2018 at 12:45 AM, Lewyn said:

Okay I know how I'm going to build Halloween Henry, the usual owl tome/close counter stuff.  However with Halloween Jakob +def/-HP.  I was going to do guard bow +res refine, and then I'm not sure.  A skill I do have distant defense fodder to spare, with guard bow and seal that could be +18def/res which seems crazy.  However maybe svalin shield is better, and +12def/res is more than enough with armor buffs, this would take care of effective armor weapons.  

So mostly asking for guard bow Jakob, distant defense or svalin shield?  

I do not recommend Svalinn Shield. Most anti armor units are melee units and intentionally putting TOD!Jakob on the front line if he cannot counter attack is not good play. If you want a front line ranged unit, you got TOD!Henry for that already.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

You can check out his analysis page here. I personally prefer an Enemy Phase build for Parthia since Brave Bow and Firesweep Bow are just so much better in general for Player Phase.

For whatever reason I didn't find Jeorges analysis when checking the section. Enemy phase sounds good, thanks for the link! 

I'll go with Fury, Vantage, DD3 and see how it works before to try expensive stuff. 

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not recommend Svalinn Shield. Most anti armor units are melee units and intentionally putting TOD!Jakob on the front line if he cannot counter attack is not good play. If you want a front line ranged unit, you got TOD!Henry for that already.

Yeah I already went with Distant Defense 3.  The only anti armor ranged units are Miciah and now WP Hinoka, but everything else DD3 will be much much better.   

et4GAvv_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Working on a Lilina right now, but not sure what passives I want on her. She feels like a glass cannon, so my first idea is to boost her speed in a way. What do you guys suggest?

Edited by Garlyle

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

et4GAvv_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Working on a Lilina right now, but not sure what passives I want on her. She feels like a glass cannon, so my first idea is to boost her speed in a way. What do you guys suggest?

I generally would not bother with her Spd. I would build her with something like this:

Lilina +Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res
Forblaze [special]
Death Blow
Attack +3

Lilina specializes in killing things in one shot, so the only stat that matters for her is Atk, and maybe Res if you plan to run Res Ploy on her.

You may want to consider giving Lilina a Spd stacked build since you do have a [+Spd, -Res] nature, but even with that nature, she still does better with an Atk stacked build. If you have the resources, you can build two different Lilinas, one that is Atk stacked and the other that is Spd stacked.

I was thinking about making Kana M a magic tank. Would the increases from his water breath, an inherited warding breath, and a distant defense seal combine together?

5 hours ago, Lemmy said:

I was thinking about making Kana M a magic tank. Would the increases from his water breath, an inherited warding breath, and a distant defense seal combine together?

Sounds fine.

However, in general, mage counters are practically always better than mage tanks. All mage tanks basically do is give enemy mages free Special charges with little to no down side to them, and that can end very badly for the tank and team if the enemy got Dancers/Singers. You can use mage tanks to finish off mages once it is back to Player Phase, but then mage counters can already accomplish that during Enemy Phase immediately without wasting a Player Phase turn.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Which is better for my +HP -Res Ares? Death Blow or Brazen Atk/Spd?

Death Blow is primarily for slow Brave units and armor units running Bold Fighter. Almost everyone else wants Life and Death, Swift Sparrow, and/or Fury. I recommend Life and Death so Ares's first round performance is not complete shit, but if you do not mind having crap performance temporarily, then Brazen Atk/Spd is fine.

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

Death Blow is primarily for slow Brave units and armor units running Bold Fighter. Almost everyone else wants Life and Death, Swift Sparrow, and/or Fury. I recommend Life and Death so Ares's first round performance is not complete shit, but if you do not mind having crap performance temporarily, then Brazen Atk/Spd is fine.

What about a combination of Fury+Aether+Quickened Pulse on Ares? They do seem to have good synergy.

Edited by Water Mage

13 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

What about a combination of Fury+Aether+Quickened Pulse? They do seem to have good synergy.

Sounds fine, but Aether gets in the way of Desperation and sort of ruins his Player Phase sustainability. If you do want to go the Aether route, I recommend running Chill Spd or Chill Def. I do not recommend Aether unless you need it for points, and if you are running Aether for points, you will want to use Heavy Blade instead of Quickened Pulse.

For performance, I would stick with a 3 cool down Special so Ares will always be able to activate it on the first hit in his second round of combat and beyond, and if that does not kill things, Desperation can kick in with an immediate follow up attack. You also want Speed +3 in his Sacred Seal for performance.

Edited by XRay

I have a Brave Roy Atk+ (not sure what is his bane 38, 52, 34, 26, 24), who's doing a lot of good work for me in chain challenges lately. Wonder what should I change on him to improve.

Wpn: Blazing Durandal
Asst: Reposition
Sp: Galeforce
A: Steady Blow 2
B: Desperation 3
C: Hone Cavalry

Galeforce and Desperation 3 feels like a must on him.

2 hours ago, Garlyle said:

I have a Brave Roy Atk+ (not sure what is his bane 38, 52, 34, 26, 24), who's doing a lot of good work for me in chain challenges lately. Wonder what should I change on him to improve.

I would go with Moonbow, Life and Death, Desperation, and Speed +3. If you are using him in Arena, I highly discourage Galeforce as that leaves him vulnerable to Vantage enemies, and damage Specials generally have better performance overall.

On 17.5.2018 at 1:44 PM, Garlyle said:

Are you sure about his boon? Sounds like a neutral BH!Roy with ATK+1 seal. 

As someone who plays Roy in arena since months, I can tell LnD3, Desperation, Reposition and Galeforce work very well. C-Slot depends on his teammates.

His seal should be SPD+3 to double more threats. QP is an alternative to instantly proc GF after attacking a ranged unit, but he'd need good speed buffs to double any fast mages. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Are you sure about his boon? Sounds like a neutral BH!Roy with ATK+1 seal. 

As someone who plays Roy in arena since months, I can tell LnD3, Desperation, Reposition and Galeforce work very well. C-Slot depends on his teammates.

His seal should be SPD+3 to double more threats. QP is an alternative to instantly proc GF after attacking a ranged unit, but he'd need good speed buffs to double any fast mages. 

You might be right, it can be a neutral, I was just not thinking about it. This build also looks cheap at this point, so I will give it a swing.

1 hour ago, Nicolu-Chan said:

I got an Ares recently, and I was thinking on killing my only Hector for him, what do you think? He is +Def-Spd.

Should be fine, but there are better candidates out there in my opinion, like Ayra and FH!Celica. Ares should also ideally be +Spd. -Spd hurts him quite a bit since he does not have the massive bulk that armor units got.

Ares
Dark Mystletainn, Bonfire
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Close Def
Enemies +5, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury
Enemy Phase [+Spd, -Res] 114:109:26
Enemy Phase [+Spd, -Res, 6/6/0/0] 166:56:27
Enemy Phase [+Spd, -Res, 0/0/6/6] 150:68:31
Enemy Phase [+Spd, -Res, 6/6/6/6] 185:37:27
Enemy Phase [+Def, -Spd] 114:115:20
Enemy Phase [+Def, -Spd, 6/6/0/0] 144:85:20
Enemy Phase [+Def, -Spd, 0/0/6/6] 144:77:28
Enemy Phase [+Def, -Spd, 6/6/6/6] 171:57:21
Enemy Phase [+Def, -Spd, 6/0/6/6] 159:71:19

You may also want to swap out Dark Mystletainn with Wo Dao for much better performance if you do not mind the slight drop in scoring.

Ares +Spd, -Res
Wo Dao [Spd], Bonfire
Speed +3
Enemies +5, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury
Enemy Phase 148:53:48
Enemy Phase [6/6/0/0] 188:30:31
Enemy Phase [0/0/6/6] 163:32:54
Enemy Phase [6/6/6/6] 198:16:35

Ares +Def, -Spd
Wo Dao [Def], Bonfire