Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

11 hours ago, Kiran said:

Assuming Cordelia is not -ATK. You should be able to pull it off with Gordin, Olivia, Cordelia and M!Corrin.

My Abel is −Atk and he worked fine. Is Cordelia's Atk much lower than Abel's? I did use Ninian instead of Olivia and Eirika instead of Corrin though.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Haha wouldnt you know - my cordelia is +hp and yes you guessed it -atk haha

I'l still give this a try, see how far I get - thanks ☺

It should still work. Just have Corrin clean up Navarre on turn 3  

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My Abel is −Atk and he worked fine. Is Cordelia's Atk much lower than Abel's? I did use Ninian instead of Olivia and Eirika instead of Corrin though.

They have the same base atk stat. However Cordelia has Triangle Adept while Abel has swordbreaker (this allows him to ORKO Navarre easily). Plus his Cordelia is 4*. 

Edited by Kiran

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

They have the same base atk stat. However Cordelia has Triangle Adept while Abel has swordbreaker (this allows him to ORKO Navarre easily). Plus his Cordelia is 4*. 

Ah fuck, I completely forgot Abel's Swordbreaker. Is Navarre too fast for Cordelia to handle even with Triangle Adept? (my Abel is 4⋆ too)

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ah fuck, I completely forgot Abel's Swordbreaker. Is Navarre too fast for Cordelia to handle even with Triangle Adept? (my Abel is 4⋆ too)

Cordelia just misses the cut off point. Navarre survives by 2 hp. Cordelia takes 18 damage (9x2 after the dagger's hone attack). So its fine. But with the axe chasing you down, waiting that extra turn might not be viable. It really depends on AI if you can wait that turn. Thankfully Corrin is on standby and knocks out Navarre.

Edited by Kiran

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Cordelia just misses the cut off point. Navarre survives by 2 hp. Cordelia takes 18 damage (9x2 after the dagger's hone attack). So its fine. But with the axe chasing you down, waiting that extra turn might not be viable. It really depends on AI if you can wait that turn. Thankfully Corrin is on standby and knocks out Navarre.

What if Olivia honed Cordelia's Atk? That should be enough for Navarre. The axe is a problem for a lancer indeed unless you can bait him away, preferably into a sword.
I somehow baited him into Eirika.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What if Olivia honed Cordelia's Atk? That should be enough for Navarre. The axe is a problem for a lancer indeed unless you can bait him away, preferably into a sword.
I somehow baited him into Eirika.

I took into account the hone attack too. She misses by 2 hp. But that's fine. Now if Olivia didn't have Hone attack we would have a problem as she wouldn't even be able to ORKO the dagger because of - ATK

Edited by Kiran

38 minutes ago, Kiran said:

It should still work. Just have Corrin clean up Navarre on turn 3  

So I move gordin to that square and the dagger attacks him, then the healer heals the dagger, on the next turn when I use gordin to try and kill the dagger he dies instead - check my gordins IV hand hes -def + res, is the -def the reason he dies?

1 minute ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

So I move gordin to that square and the dagger attacks him, then the healer heals the dagger, on the next turn when I use gordin to try and kill the dagger he dies instead - check my gordins IV hand hes -def + res, is the -def the reason he dies?

Mine is also −Def and he survived and killed the dagger on player phase. Huh.

18 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Does your Gordin have attack +3? If the dagger is fully healed he needs it to get the kill.

35 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Damn...I forgot to take into account the dagger's armored blow. So how about doing the same thing BUT, on turn one, move Gordin to the left, one square over from the tile I had you put him from before? So no dancing him over. Have him stand next to Olivia for that Hone atk. 

Edited by Kiran

55 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I took into account the hone attack too. She misses by 2 hp. But that's fine. Now if Olivia didn't have Hone attack we would have a problem as she wouldn't even be able to ORKO the dagger because of - ATK

Actually, I think she will kill with a hone attack. Cordelia will have 35 attack, 38/39 after a hone attack. Say 38. with triangle adept she will deal 38*1.4=53,2 damage (so 53). Navarre has 24 defence, so 53-24=29 damage per hit. With a brave lance that makes 29*2=58=dead Navarre.

Just now, Bartozio said:

Actually, I think she will kill with a hone attack. Cordelia will have 35 attack, 38/39 after a hone attack. Say 38. with triangle adept she will deal 38*1.4=53,2 damage (so 53). Navarre has 24 defence, so 53-24=29 damage per hit. With a brave lance that makes 29*2=58=dead Navarre.

Cordelia doesn't get triangle adept 3 till 5*. So its x 1.35 Which means she misses the margin

The axe guy and Silver Dagger thief are annoying me. Axe guy follows Navarre and the thief positions himself in such a way he does not get baited towards Eirika in the forest. He ends up right between Navarre and axe guy in a column on the following turn.

Maybe I should use someone else to bait and take care of the Rogue Dagger thief. And I should level up Olivia to 40 just in case.

15 minutes ago, Kaden said:

The axe guy and Silver Dagger thief are annoying me. Axe guy follows Navarre and the thief positions himself in such a way he does not get baited towards Eirika in the forest. He ends up right between Navarre and axe guy in a column on the following turn.

Maybe I should use someone else to bait and take care of the Rogue Dagger thief. And I should level up Olivia to 40 just in case.

You can lure out the rougue dagger in such a way that the axe user stays to heal him (he has ardent sacrifice). With that you only to deal with Nava rre and one dagger for a while. I myself cleared it without Olivia ever seeing combat, but it might save you out of a nasty position I guess.

33 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

You can lure out the rougue dagger in such a way that the axe user stays to heal him (he has ardent sacrifice). With that you only to deal with Nava rre and one dagger for a while. I myself cleared it without Olivia ever seeing combat, but it might save you out of a nasty position I guess.

Welp, I'll either have to give F!Robin Gronnraven or get my only M!Robin with attack bane/def boon to level 40. Would their damage even be worth it to the axe guy to use Ardent Sacrifice? The cleric could just heal the thief normally.

Leveling up a 4*, average Virion to 40 might not be helpful for this map, Jakob might die, and Niles was never meant for physical units.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Welp, I'll either have to give F!Robin Gronnraven or get my only M!Robin with attack bane/def boon to level 40. Would their damage even be worth it to the axe guy to use Ardent Sacrifice? The cleric could just heal the thief normally.

Leveling up a 4*, average Virion to 40 might not be helpful for this map, Jakob might die, and Niles was never meant for physical units.

Hmm, if they are at 4-star both Robins will indeed not deal enough damage. At 5-star they willl. A lvl 40 4-star Jacob with neatral DEF, ATK and HP survives the first round of combat and deals enough damage to keep the axer user there, same for Virion (Niles will die though). They won't kill the dagger on the next turn though.

29 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Hmm, if they are at 4-star both Robins will indeed not deal enough damage. At 5-star they willl. A lvl 40 4-star Jacob with neatral DEF, ATK and HP survives the first round of combat and deals enough damage to keep the axer user there, same for Virion (Niles will die though). They won't kill the dagger on the next turn though.

Both Robins are 4* and I'd rather not spend 20k feathers just to beat this map. I could give Triangle Adept 2 from a spare Selena to a Robin, but that still might not be enough with or without an attack buff.

Jakob is +Atk, -Def, so yeah...

So with the suggestion here I just couldnt manage to pass it, people kept dying :(

anyways I went about trying alot of different teams (I have enough units now that I knew I had to have some combo that I could pass it with), came really close a few times but always had 1 person just die, I finally completed it with :

M!Corrin - Gordin - Ephraim - Olivia

I worked off the strategy given here - I used M!Corrin on the forest on the bottom right to draw in the ninja, attacked with him the next turn because he could survive, then killed him off with gordin worked from there :)

13 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Man, Navarre's a struggle to train up -- he's so frail that he can die easily to even green units that are of a similar level to him.

I imagine Navarre wants to be trained up like Desperation Lucina. Grab a dancer and someone to nuke blues, and then just have him sweep teams off the back of high speed & atk (if you're using Navarre and DON'T have the L&D and Desperation combo going... get it going already---early promote and farm the low level stratums if you have to). You only need enough bulk to tank one hit, everyone else you 2HKO off the back of desperation.

Edited by DehNutCase

52 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I imagine Navarre wants to be trained up like Desperation Lucina. Grab a dancer and someone to nuke blues, and then just have him sweep teams off the back of high speed & atk (if you're using Navarre and DON'T have the L&D and Desperation combo going... get it going already---early promote and farm the low level stratums if you have to). You only need enough bulk to tank one hit, everyone else you 2HKO off the back of desperation.

F2P orb hoarder here so no skill inheritance (like LaD) right now. I'm training up a 4* vanilla Navarre and have gotten him to lv. 35. Team for training up a unit consists of Olivia, Sharena, a healer (training up Wrys currently), and unit in training.

Thief baiting woes in spoiler.

Spoiler

From a glance, my lv. 38 Jakob (+Atk, -Def) can survive against the Rogue Dagger thief. Both thieves will double him unless he's a 5* with speed boon and at least Fury 2; Jakob with speed boon caps at 34 and the thieves have 39 speed, 5 more and enough to double. So, yeah, that's not going to happen. Defense-wise, with defense bane, he's capping at 20 as a 4* and mine's already at 19 base defense with Defense +3. So, he's taking 13x2 leaving him at 8 HP while dealing 16 damage in return because of Armored Blow. Silver Dagger negates Rogue Dagger+'s effect on the thief, but not on Jakob. If I let Jakob stay or attack, then he's dead regardless of Renewal activating or not -- helps, though for future encounters. The problem is the Rogue Dagger thief is still there; he's not dead and I can't kill him.

The Silver Dagger thief will kill Jakob regardless who attacks first.

Saizo's the only thief I have that has high defense other than Matthew, but Matthew is going to do jack to the thieves. +Atk, -HP, but as 3*, he caps at 29 def and as a 4*, caps at 32 both are more than enough to survive. Saizo would deal 1 less damage to Rogue Dagger thief as a 4*, though. There's also the problem of needing to level up this angry ninja.

Man, I wished I had Kagero and there's no chance in hell I'm getting one in a summon which would my last summon until the Voting Gauntlet ends because I'd be down to 8 orbs + the remaining days Navarre's GHB is still live -- daily arena orb quest.

I don't even want 4* Navarre -- has decent skills --, but I just want to beat this map and continue being able to beat Lunatic GHB maps.

Watching nstyler's second video while typing this, Brave Lance, eh? Gee, I wonder who's got +Atk, is slow, and does not care about getting doubled so long as she's taking little to no damage? Oh, right, my +Atk, -Res Oboro. I would have to slap Quick Riposte 2 on her to ORKO Navarre, but I don't need to if the idea is to just bait Navarre. Probably not a safe, smart, or SP economical idea compared to getting Subaki to bait Navarre, but yeah.

Whatever, gonna finish watching it and other videos for ideas. Think about the map too. Meh.