Tempest Torture

Arthur97

Just now, Dual Dragons said:

I know Fury 3 is more costly than Attack +3 but since I'm in the same boat of "No Kleins pulled" and only having Fury 2, I switched him to Attack +3. It works pretty well, all things considered! And getting a Gordin or Cherche is lot more reasonable than getting a Klein.

I've been thinking about that, but I'm not sure yet honestly. I like the Def and Res boosts on him, and Fury damage actually doesn't matter at all in the Arena.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I believe I've sometimes gotten all 3 colors, but yeah it does seem to mostly be triple blue (or two blue, two green) in my experience. 

That map only has the pool of fliers to pull from due to the units' starting locations, and blue and green have more representation in that movement type.

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I actually never pulled a Klein either until spending $100 on the Bride banner (and no Bride Cordelia after all of that). Before that though, I happened to pull a 5* Hawkeye on the Golden Week banner while trying for Hector, so I just sacrificed him. 

I'm actually considering replacing my Ryoma's Fury because sometimes I feel like the chip damage hurts him more in the long run than the extra stats help him. The chip damage isn't such a big deal in a single Arena match, but it's a lot more noticeable in the Tempest. 

The only units with Fury on my A team are Lucina and Julia for that exact reason. Without healing, Fury is much more of nuisance than a boon, but since Lucina has built-in renewal and I gave it to Julia, it mitigates the damage pretty well and they often start the 7th map with full HP. Breath of Life on Julia also makes it so that Lukas and Sanaki are often near max HP on the final map as well.

1 minute ago, Dual Dragons said:

Unless there's a unit that Tharja likes to hit, that one Awakening map with the forest slows me down badly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all of the Tempest maps Awakening maps? This particular portal seems to be connected to the world of Awakening, which also leaves me to believe we could possibly get Tempest Trials in the future that feature another world. 

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Catria and Shanna are the worst.

I've personally never had trouble with the flier map because Nino just kills all the blues, but I imagine it must be frustrating for people who can't easily handle blues :/

My team personally has trouble with multiple red mages since Robin doesn't have the res to tank a bunch, even with T-Adept. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all of the Tempest maps Awakening maps? This particular portal seems to be connected to the world of Awakening, which also leaves me to believe we could possibly get Tempest Trials in the future that feature another world. 

I've personally never had trouble with the flier map because Nino just kills all the blues, but I imagine it must be frustrating for people who can't easily handle blues :/

My team personally has trouble with multiple red mages since Robin doesn't have the res to tank a bunch, even with T-Adept. 

I can kill blues, but there's only one Nino/Cherche to go around.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I've been thinking about that, but I'm not sure yet honestly. I like the Def and Res boosts on him, and Fury damage actually doesn't matter at all in the Arena.

In my case, it's also because Attack +3 is more SP costly than Fury 2 (20 SP more).

Why not switch to Attack +3 when you're doing Tempest Trials and then switch to Fury 3 when doing Arena?

That's just me being very specific (and temporarily forgetting that they're all Awakening maps).

1 minute ago, Dual Dragons said:

In my case, it's also because Attack +3 is more SP costly than Fury 2 (20 SP more).

Why not switch to Attack +3 when you're doing Tempest Trials and then switch to Fury 3 when doing Arena?

I currently have no 4* Gordins or Cherches, and I don't really feel like blowing feathers for a 3* Gordin at the moment. I'll think about it more later on.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Except when you die a horrible death because of no healer.

How decked out is your Nino? You shouldn't need (or even want) a healer if she has Desperation. 

Breath in...breath out.... I met Kagero. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't my THIRD run in a row. She ruined two of those runs. The only reason why she didn't ruin all three runs was because she was on the Veronica map, which meant I could suicide against her.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I HATE

MY SHITTY ASS FINGERS

I should just stop playing with drag.

What happened? :p

I disabled drag after finding out you can do that in the options menu and double tap to have units stay in place the moment they were available. No more accidental moves.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I currently have no 4* Gordins or Cherches, and I don't really feel like blowing feathers for a 3* Gordin at the moment. I'll think about it more later on.

It's all cool! Perhaps I am the more willing to spend Feathers on SI (currently 51K+) since I wait and see if I really want to make the jump on 5* promotion. That's why my Nino (+HP/-Res) is where she is, haha. Camus and Xander and Zephiel...

Well, I made the decision to throw my 4* Shanna to Tharja. Sorry, Shanna. You just weren't being used much except for Flier quest. So that's Desperation 3 and Breath of Life 2 (no SP for 3 yet) to Tharja. Let's see how this goes now!

Just now, Kaden said:

What happened? :p

I disabled drag after finding out you can do that in the options menu and double tap to have units stay in place the moment they were available. No more accidental moves.

tfw you Drag Back in the wrong direction...

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I HATE

MY SHITTY ASS FINGERS

I should just stop playing with drag.

Bruh I changed from Drag to Tap on release day wyd

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My condolences, friend. 

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But Drag is so much more convenient...

Your recent experience says otherwise :P

Also drag just always felt really weird and unnatural to me, personally

The last map is the worst. Especially. WITH DRAUG. Each time he shows up, I sigh bitterly. And there he happens to be 9/10 times I go into that map (the other odd time is Effie, but at least I have SOME ability to counter her...some.)! His HP is ridiculously inflated. I can't dent him with magic or physical. The only time I DID beat him was I had Takumi and Sakura run around a pillar in a circle after managing to clear everyone else off...and that was one of the three times I ever successfully beat that map.

9 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Breath in...breath out.... I met Kagero. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't my THIRD run in a row. She ruined two of those runs. The only reason why she didn't ruin all three runs was because she was on the Veronica map, which meant I could suicide against her.

Kagero's a nightmare. I'm so sorry you encountered her that many times...oof. There or the ridge map are the two WORST places to find her. Just...ugh. No.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But Drag is so much more convenient...

This.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Out of habit, I stiil treat this game like I'm playing with a D-pad and drag my units along the grid in the exact path I want them to move (teleporting is exempted). I almost never make mistakes because of it.

And my phone screen has this beautiful grid of fingerprint smears because of it...

Edited by Ice Dragon

24 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm in the same boat. Between Lancebreaker Ephraim and Nino I have no trouble with the flier map. But everytime I see a Celica or Tharja come round 6 or 7 I'm practically stepping on eggshells. 

What are common solutions to red mages that aren't Reinhardt or Triangle Adept? The former is a catch-all solution to everything and I've never pulled Roy. Thus far, I've just had to make sure they don't initiate on me or that my red unit is willing to take a hit.

1 minute ago, Apples said:

I'm in the same boat. Between Lancebreaker Ephraim and Nino I have no trouble with the flier map. But everytime I see a Celica or Tharja come round 6 or 7 I'm practically stepping on eggshells. 

What are common solutions to red mages that aren't Reinhardt or Triangle Adept? The former is a catch-all solution to everything and I've never pulled Roy. Thus far, I've just had to make sure they don't initiate on me or that my red unit is willing to take a hit.

I mean...the most common solutions to red mages are gonna be blue mages. Though obviously that isn't a perfect solution since it relies largely on luck of the draw. 

A less efficient approach is to have a melee blue with high res (most pegasus knights) tank the hit then kill the turn after. 

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Out of habit, I stiil treat this game like I'm playing with a D-pad and drag my units along the grid in the exact path I want them to move (teleporting is exempted). I almost never make mistakes because of it.

And my phone screen has this beautiful grid of fingerprint smears because of it...

But I gotta go f a s t