Jump to content
Miatt

Japanese voices will be available and footage from Japan Expo

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Luankachu said:

On the other hand... wasn't one of the reasons for the lack of Dual Audio in Fates issues with Copyright for one of Azura's voice actresses? Does that mean that she is disconfirmed for the game? Or are they going to have her not sing Lost in Thoughts All Alone if she is included? 

No, it's just a fan theory.

Nobody knows why it was removed in fates and echoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, saisymbolic said:

But, the terri-bad voices have always been a staple of Warriors franchise!

Quota era demonstrata.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, saisymbolic said:

But, the terri-bad voices have always been a staple of Warriors franchise! I personally always found them endearing as they have a sort of nostalgic factor to them. I mean, how can one forget "Lord Cow Cow" and his son "Lord Cow Pee?" I know the series has tried to remedy this over the years, but there are some skeletons that cannot be pushed into the closet.

On a serious note, I'm sticking with English VA. Unless Takehito Koyasu is voicing someone. Even then he alone is not enough to beat Matt Mercer and Kyle Hebert.

Also, thanks for uploading this.

Funnily enough, DW8 english dub is one of the best dubs for a japanese game I've ever heard :3c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Miatt said:

Here is the video :

 

Really wish I could have seen more of Robin's moves, but thanks for the video anyway. His Musou attack and Pair Up Musou attack did look pretty neat. I particularly liked how he used the Levin sword to fire projectiles before throwing it to the ground to use it as a conduit for his lightning magic and how he essentially combined four elements for a magical nova finish if he's the one finishing off the enemies in a Pair-Up Musou.

Lucina appears to be truly balanced of our known heroes, having equally good stats across the board. But it appears she is lightning-elemental like her father.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still wish we could've seen someone use Frederick here, but OMG HIS ENTRANCE. Way cooler than anybody else's so far! That badass horse rearing, oh yeah. <3 Also, I didn't see anything wrong with the horse's hooves... But maybe the video quality didn't make any pixelation clear.

Also, did I see Freddy and his horse freakin' backflip?! AWESOME. I'm falling in love all over again. x3 Kinda tough seeing him get beat up, but yeah...

Also, Robin looks the most fun here out of the characters who were used. Lissa looks too awkward with an axe, and Lucina is...well, Lucina. And I never cared about her much anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

What is it with everyone wanting Lucina to always be a skin? But, no, she is not just Chrom, and this is very limited footage to be jumping to conclusions. 

It isn't that I want her to be a skin it is just that her basic string and her C1-C3/4 are nearly identical to Chrom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fireball260 said:

It isn't that I want her to be a skin it is just that her basic string and her C1-C3/4 are nearly identical to Chrom

I don't think it was that similar, but I'd need a comparison first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they are alike since they use the same kind of sword fighting style, but I don't know if it's the same combos too.

I noticed they both have the combo where they jump and roll down with their sword (like in the awakening cutscenes)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FuranSuwa said:

I think they are alike since they use the same kind of sword fighting style, but I don't know if it's the same combos too.

I noticed they both have the combo where they jump and roll down with their sword (like in the awakening cutscenes)

Yes, they definitely share some moves, but I'm saying that I don't think they were virtually identical save for the bow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why shouldn't Lucina be similar to Chrom? She DID learn to fight from him. It'd be like saying Greil should be totally different from Ike if they were to both be in a game like this when Greil was the one who taught Ike. So I'm hardly surprised Lucina has some similar moves to her own dad.

Now let's all be excited for Frederick's horse doing backflips like Xander's does! OH YES! ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Alrighty. Still bummed that nobody could actually play as him in this, but at least Freddy's there at all!

Will Freddy be in the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

On a serious note, I'm sticking with English VA. Unless Takehito Koyasu is voicing someone. Even then he alone is not enough to beat Matt Mercer and Kyle Hebert.

What if he's voicing-

TWO characters?

The man is more than capable of the range for it.

All I need is a single super-exaggerated voice in Japanese that's meh in English and the dub's gettin' switched to Japanese forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DaloDask said:

What if he's voicing-

TWO characters?

The man is more than capable of the range for it.

All I need is a single super-exaggerated voice in Japanese that's meh in English and the dub's gettin' switched to Japanese forever.

Koyasu could potentially be in the game four times, assuming he wouldn't also be an original character.

For your last point, I find that Cain in FEH is the exact opposite of that. His Eng voice is so energetic and friendly, then in Jp he's monotone and boring. The Bull truly is the 1%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so thats what a gameover text looks like in the game.... i wonder what corrin failed to do to get that game over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The timer was out.

(I find funny you can loose in the demo)

Edited by Miatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Miatt said:

No, it's just a fan theory.

Nobody knows why it was removed in fates and echoes.

It was never confirmed.

But it was a pretty grounded considering even the Korean version of the game, which is even named "Fire Emblem If" and usually uses Japanese voice tracks used English voices for FE14.

Regardless I'm glad people can choose.

I mean I'm gonna play in JP anyway via switch language settings... But this is a nice option if I want to stream/record. As well as for those people who like VAs such as Nakamura or Sugita.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I mean I'm gonna play in JP anyway via switch language settings... But this is a nice option if I want to stream/record. As well as for those people who like VAs such as Nakamura or Sugita.

tfw Zakki won't be in the game because of F!Corrin's popularity. Feels bad man (but he's also Guan Xing in DW proper, so it hurts less).

That aside, I like how many prolific seiyū are getting roles in FE, and even a lot of newcomers, and now we're getting dual audio again! I love my English dubs, but still, what a time to be alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So does this mean that the Japanese version of the game won't have dual audio, or at least English text options because it's coming out earlier (or at least is the only one with a confirmed release date)?  Most other Switch games automatically default to whatever your system settings are, but they've all had the same release date internationally.  The only real exception so far has been Splatoon 2 which is locked into region-specific languages (likely due to the region-specific Splatfests).  I mean LoZ: BotW even had dual languages and audio at release, but again, it was an international release...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2017 at 7:12 PM, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Koyasu could potentially be in the game four times, assuming he wouldn't also be an original character.

For your last point, I find that Cain in FEH is the exact opposite of that. His Eng voice is so energetic and friendly, then in Jp he's monotone and boring. The Bull truly is the 1%.

Changing his energetic original voice actor in the OVA (Noboyuki Hiyama) for the Mirage Voice Actor (Toshiki Masuda) would have some effect in him

Edited by Troykv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...