Ike and Roy deconfirmed for FE Warriors

Yexin

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/10/01/dont-expect-ike-or-roy-for-fire-emblem-warriors-1-dlc/

i've nothing to say

share your opinions, but please, don't randomly throw shit on the game also, inb4 eclipse's gonna close this topic anyway

please, someone tell me this is wrong... sincerely cries, and this is not a joke, i can barely see what i'm typing

Edited by Yexin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Thane said:

I thought we knew this after a recent interview? Or at the very least had next to no reason to assume otherwise. 

really? i heard nothing about it

this news just came out of the blue, for me

This doesn't make any sense to me. Ike is one of if not the most popular and liked character of the FE franchise. Ike alone would have brought in consumers that were not already either Fire Emblem fans or Dynasty Warriors fans. Additionally those whose only exposure to Fire Emblem has been Smash would have had more of a reason to get this game as it would include all of those characters that they were familiar with. Ike, Roy, Marth, Chrom, Corrin and Lucina.

Considering half the roster is already sword-users, this isn't that upsetting. In comparison, I was more annoyed about Azura being deconfirmed, before she become DLC. She was a major character in one of the three games Warriors focus on, and she was also a lance infantry, which would have added variety to the game.

So for once, I don't like Ike, and Roy's not my boy.

Makes no sense and is a HORRIBLE decision. As said, Ike and Roy are extremely popular characters and Ike is also iconic for the series. They would've gotten more people to buy the game. They shouldn't have to wait for a fucking sequel or anything.

Too many swords? Balance out the roster with other DLC packs!

10 minutes ago, RedRob said:

Considering half the roster is already sword-users, this isn't that upsetting. In comparison, I was more annoyed about Azura being deconfirmed, before she become DLC. She was a major character in one of the three games Warriors focus on, and she was also a lance infantry, which would have added variety to the game.

same tbh

The only real complaint I have is that it makes Lyn's inclusion more baffling.

5 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Well it makes sense.

Why make Ike and Roy without giving them story importance, their friends, history mode maps, etc. 

Lyn doesn't appear in the story. Neither does Celica. And their "friends" aren't with them. It doesn't make any sense. Why can those two get in, but Ike and Roy can't? Ike was a winner of CYL just as much as Lyn was too.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, this just might push me to not get the game at all.  Unless something really convinces me otherwise, I'm going to vote with my wallet and not encourage them to ignore everything between Marthland and the 3DS era.

Elibe brought me to the FE series and Tellius is my favorite world/story.  They could have at least thrown us a bone.  Heck, make Ike wield an Axe again.  I like Ike, but have no issues about him not using Ragnell.

1. Too many sword lords

2. Lets make sword OC's

3. Lets not add Ike and Roy because we have too many sword characters

4. ???

5. Profit?

First FExSMT, now this. One disappointment after another. 

3 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

same tbh

The only real complaint I have is that it makes Lyn's inclusion more baffling.

Simple, she's fanservice in both sense of the word. She's a popular character and physically attractive. Course, Ike could fall under the same category, but I think the designs in the DS games,(not counting remakes) show what IS thinks it's audience is.

Edited by RedRob

10 minutes ago, RedRob said:

So for once, I don't like Ike, and Roy's not my boy.

If they hadn't placed themselves in a corner, too many sword-wielders wouldn't have become a problem in the first place. 

Even if you argue that the decision makes sense now - which I don't think it does - it reeks of incredible arrogance that they think they can hold back on some of the most popular characters in the series as if that would serve as a carrot for fans to buy this game in a vague hope of getting to play as their favorites in a sequel. If that is indeed the statement made in the interview, which I don't know if it is, then that is a really shitty attitude for a developer to have. 

It annoys me when they keep saying Ike and Roy might be in a sequel, dependent on sales.  Well, it's a bad business move to keep your most popular character out of the first game.  Many people won't buy it at all, if the initial roster doesn't interest them, then there will be no sequel, just like Fire Emblem 3DS Dance Party.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lyn doesn't appear in the story. Neither does Celica. And their "friends" aren't with them. It doesn't make any sense. Why can those two get in, but Ike and Roy can't? Ike was a winner of CYL just as much as Lyn was too.

Lyn and Celica should have been sequel too. 

Tellius 

binding/blazing blade

echoes

lyn and Celica aren’t even unique characters because Nintendo said they have to be in. 

In fact, they already had Navarre largely. Putting Lyn and Celica in likely caused the others not to have full playable status 

1 minute ago, IEatLasers said:

Tellius 

binding/blazing blade

echoes

lyn and Celica aren’t even unique characters because Nintendo said they have to be in. 

In fact, they already had Navarre largely. Putting Lyn and Celica in likely caused the others not to have full playable status 

That I can agree with, they should've also been saved for DLC or a sequel if Ike and Roy have to be.

2 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Tellius 

binding/blazing blade

echoes

There may not be a sequel if it doesn't sell well, and if you anger your fan base, that's a very good way to do so.

In games like these, no one plays for the plot, they play to kill waves of enemies as their favorites characters.  They could have grabbed characters from every game, and just had the baddies team up.  They don't need a distinct focus on each world individually.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

If they hadn't placed themselves in a corner, too many sword-wielders wouldn't have become a problem in the first place. 

Even if you argue that the decision makes sense now - which I don't think it does - it reeks of incredible arrogance that they think they can hold back on some of the most popular characters in the series as if that would serve as a carrot for fans to buy this game in a vague hope of getting to play as their favorites in a sequel. If that is indeed the statement made in the interview, which I don't know if it is, then that is a really shitty attitude for a developer to have. 

I was just saying why I wasn't too bothered by the news. Frankly, I think none of their decisions make sense.

Don't want to feature characters of every game in fear of too many swords? Makes the protags sword-users, and add in Lyn and Celica at the last minute.

And then make half of the cast sword users anyway, with 3 of the non-sword users being clones.

Says Azura isn't going to be in the game? Makes her DLC.

I can only conclude they were high or something, because if they were greedy, they would have just made the 2 DLC.

I'm not miffed to be honest. They've put Ike into just about everything they can reasonably justify, the only things he didn't show up in were Project X Zone, which FE had a very small presence in, and TMS, which explicitly was only ever going to be SD and Awakening. Code name steam, Smash, Awakening, Fates, and Echoes all had Ike in them. If they only had room for one non-SD classic character(let's be real, Celica is in because Echoes is new. Her not getting in wouldn't have let Ike or Roy have a slot, especially since she's a semi-clone) I'm glad they chose Lyn over Ike, since it's a chance for someone from pre-DS that isn't him to get a turn to exist. Roy is less popular than either, but Lyn matches Ike's popularity, so it wasn't a bad decision to pick her over him, despite what Ike fans will say to the contrary.

2 minutes ago, RedRob said:

I was just saying why I wasn't too bothered by the news. Frankly, I think none of their decisions make sense.

Don't want to feature characters of every game in fear of too many swords? Makes the protags sword-users, and add in Lyn and Celica at the last minute.

And then make half of the cast sword users anyway, with 3 of the non-sword users being clones.

Says Azura isn't going to be in the game? Makes her DLC.

I can only conclude they were high or something, because if they were greedy, they would have just made the 2 DLC.

To be fair to the Lyn & Celica part, those were both Nintendo/IS mandates (as was Lucina), but the rest can be questioned.

Edited by Jedi

Just now, RedRob said:

Well that's what it comes back to, isn't it? However, if they blatantly say sales might pave way for a sequel which can feature more fan favorites, then I'm baffled by the sheer arrogance of such a statement, not to mention how poor of a business decision it is considering that the Fire Emblem series is not exactly lacking in fan favorites they could use to entice people to buy a sequel without deliberately keeping some of them out.

This is the exact reason I was one of the people who said Lyn and Celica should have been excluded from the game. All we're gonna hear is 'Lyn got in so where is Ike and Roy?!' and there is gonna be a lot of unneeded discourse within the fandom. If only the PR wasn't so shit, this game wouldn't have nearly enough bad shit surrounding it. Alas c'est la vie.

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

This is the exact reason I was one of the people who said Lyn and Celica should have been excluded from the game. All we're gonna hear is 'Lyn got in so where is Ike and Roy?!' and there is gonna be a lot of unneeded discourse within the fandom. If only the PR wasn't so shit, this game wouldn't have nearly enough bad shit surrounding it. Alas c'est la vie.

TMS was super honest about its inclusions and people were still incredibly salty (thats not even counting people salty with the direction), quite frankly I don't think any spinoffs regardless of what they do will ever work fully for this fanbase. We're too divided.

Edited by Jedi

Looks like we got monkey-pawed again, just like with the FE X SMT crossover. Oh well, at least it saves me from buying this, I suppose.

Edited by NinjaMonkey