Celebratory Q&A w/Jedi - Closed, free copy winner Breezy

Jedi

1 hour ago, Jedi said:
8 hours ago, functionally_insane said:

Are you able to play on just the one joy-con? I'm hoping not to have to spend a load of money just to play multiplayer. 

Any stages you found particularly annoying?

Edit: What do the generic class enemy captains play like? Any especially cool looking or annoying to fight against?

No you need both for all the various controls.

This is incorrect. You can play co-op with just a single pair of Joy Cons.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

This is incorrect. You can play co-op with just a single pair of Joy Cons.

Oops, I thought I had tried it earlier x.x my mistake.

About time I joined the fray! Let's go for some obscure things!

1. What do you think of the Extra units in FE Shadow Dragon? No, not Frey/Norne/Athena/Horace/etc, the legit Extras, like Unil, Duodexa, Rejek, etc. Favorite named extra?
  2. Why did you cave for a PS4 exactly?!
  3. Ignoring the controversial Roster, what bugs you about FE:Warriors?
  4. What is your eyesight?
  5. Have you ever broken a bone?

5 hours ago, functionally_insane said:

Sweet! Thanks, and thanks for the whole topic, it's been really informative. 

Thanks, sorry that it can't be even more informative, I haven't had the MOST time to play the game after my streams and some things I haven't been able to fully test. 

4 hours ago, Elieson said:

About time I joined the fray! Let's go for some obscure things!

1. What do you think of the Extra units in FE Shadow Dragon? No, not Frey/Norne/Athena/Horace/etc, the legit Extras, like Unil, Duodexa, Rejek, etc. Favorite named extra?
  2. Why did you cave for a PS4 exactly?!
  3. Ignoring the controversial Roster, what bugs you about FE:Warriors?
  4. What is your eyesight?
  5. Have you ever broken a bone?

1. I think they're hilarious if a bit meanly named, who named their kid Lucer? 

2. 218$ Deal and I wanna play that sweet Cold Steel/Sen No Kiseki 3 dood, even if I'll barely understand it (i've been told I can figure it out from the interactions). 

3. The clone movesets (but i've mostly gotten over that). 

4. 20/20 

5. Yes I broke my collarbone about 10 years ago and it was the worst time, taking Showers was the worst. Kinda messed up my pitching arm too.

2 hours ago, Galaco said:

Who's your favorite hyrul e warriors character to use? 

Also who is your least favorite?

Sheik was my favorite to use in HW, while Agatha was my least, (she just felt really clunky and awkward).

2 hours ago, functionally_insane said:

Some more questions: 

1) Are there any unique weapon designs among non-prf weapons, or do they all just look like iron/steel/silver?

2) What weapon effects are there other than Effective Against and boosting combo finishers?

1. I believe theres braves, but i'm unsure of their applications. 

2. I need the english version to fully answer this because i'm pretty sure theres tons and tons of skills like HW.

2 hours ago, Galaco said:

Who's your favorite hyrul e warriors character to use? 

Also who is your least favorite?

Sheik was my favorite to use in HW, while Agatha was my least, (she just felt really clunky and awkward).

2 hours ago, functionally_insane said:

Some more questions: 

1) Are there any unique weapon designs among non-prf weapons, or do they all just look like iron/steel/silver?

2) What weapon effects are there other than Effective Against and boosting combo finishers?

1. I believe theres braves, but i'm unsure of their applications. 

2. I need the english version to fully answer this because i'm pretty sure theres tons and tons of skills like HW.

Congratulations Jed! I haven't watched streams because I don't like spoiling stuff visually, I prefer to experience it :P:

1. What do you think about the chances of FEW getting a sequel considering how it was received in Japan and how the rest of the world is reacting to the game?

2. How flexible/forgiving is the game about letting the player Pair Up units considering its difficulty, specially on Lunatic and such? For example, at higher difficulties should I stick to pairs like Chrom/Fred to cover great part of the Weapon Triangle?

3. How is the balance among each FE title's cast? Is there a unit that trivializes the game?

4. I don't know if the game has numerous save files, or only one, but does the game offer a high replay value?

5. Is it important to train anyone (or both) of the lemonhead twins?

6. Did you play TMS#FE? :P:

1. Do Dragonstones come in Iron/Steel/Silver variations?

2. Do you think we are more likely to see other shapeshifting characters like Wolfskins/Kitsune/etc. or will they do something similar to Hyrule Warriors and just put in Adult Tiki from Awakening?

3. Is 4 the maximum amount of characters you can bring into a map?

2. Do you think we are more likely to see other shapeshifting characters like Wolfskins/Kitsune/etc. or will they do something similar to Hyrule Warriors and just put in Adult Tiki from Awakening?

1. What characters have gimmicks to them? I know Tiki has the whole, use C1 to convert Special attack to Awakening gauge, and (if I remember correctly) Marth/Celica have something like the orbs from Zelda's rapier moveset in HW.
  2. Do Lyn, Celica, and/or Anna start at level one, or do they start higher?
  3. What was your average level at the end of the story?
  4. There's apparently a skill that makes a weapon use the Magic stat and target Res. Is there a version of that skill for Tomes to make them physical?
    4.II. Do proper magical weapons like Levin Sword and Bolt Axe exist?

Also I have a copy preordered, so I don't need to be put in the drawing.

1. Do you know what graphical settings can be used in handheld mode? because I don't think 1080p is possible and I have no idea about framerate but I don't really know.

2. Do you know whether it has stability with whatever graphical settings it uses in handheld mode?

3. Do you know whether weapon effectiveness skills can be traded around on weapons so that one weapon can have multiple horseslayer, armorslayer, etc. effects at once? and if so and some unit qualifies in 2 categories (i.e. dragon and flying) does the bonus stack?

4. Are there a limited amount of master seals in the game, and if there are do they match the number of characters you get or do you have to make choices about who to never promote?

5. What was your first FE game that you ever played?

Edited by Arcanus

18 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Congratulations Jed! I haven't watched streams because I don't like spoiling stuff visually, I prefer to experience it :P:

1. What do you think about the chances of FEW getting a sequel considering how it was received in Japan and how the rest of the world is reacting to the game?

2. How flexible/forgiving is the game about letting the player Pair Up units considering its difficulty, specially on Lunatic and such? For example, at higher difficulties should I stick to pairs like Chrom/Fred to cover great part of the Weapon Triangle?

3. How is the balance among each FE title's cast? Is there a unit that trivializes the game?

4. I don't know if the game has numerous save files, or only one, but does the game offer a high replay value?

5. Is it important to train anyone (or both) of the lemonhead twins?

6. Did you play TMS#FE? :P:

1. It depends on Western sales I think although the Japanese ones are starting off decently enough. 

2. You should always try to keep stuff in consideration but sometimes you can benefit from over focusing a certain type, depending on the map. 

3. I honestly don't think any of these characters are spectacularly better than one another it all depends on the situations , which is a massive contrast to Hyrule Warriors and usual Warriors games. 

4. 3 Save files, theres a bit to do for 100% 

5. Considering in your first run you're locked to which twin you pick for your team of 4 yes. 

6. Yes and I thought it was enjoyable. 

18 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

1. Yes 

2. It depends on popularity I think, and the only other shifter I see getting in via popularity is Nowi. 

3. You can use 4 characters, the slots the NPCS vary on map and you put your other units in those slots, so they still gain levels and stuff, along with being able to use pair up. 

Theres also maps where you can only use 2 or 1 character too though. 

18 hours ago, Konnor97 said:
  1. What characters have gimmicks to them? I know Tiki has the whole, use C1 to convert Special attack to Awakening gauge, and (if I remember correctly) Marth/Celica have something like the orbs from Zelda's rapier moveset in HW.
  2. Do Lyn, Celica, and/or Anna start at level one, or do they start higher?
  3. What was your average level at the end of the story?
  4. There's apparently a skill that makes a weapon use the Magic stat and target Res. Is there a version of that skill for Tomes to make them physical?
    4.II. Do proper magical weapons like Levin Sword and Bolt Axe exist?

Also I have a copy preordered, so I don't need to be put in the drawing.

1. Lissa has a self buff, Leo & Elise get a gauge that boosts the power of their C1 attack, Xander can move while doing his C1, the Pegasus Knights can juggle people in midair for a select amount of time, Takumi and Sakura can charge their arrows, (a number of characters can use Staves). These are the ones that come to mind behind what you said. 

2. Lyn and Celica start at 1, I have no idea about Anna yet. 

3. My main squad was in the 40's everyone else was in the 20's and 30's 

4. I'm not sure but I think so, and II. I don't believe so. 

14 hours ago, Thany said:

2. What do you prefer more when playing? 1080P with 30FPS? or 720P with 60FPS? which seems better in your opinion?

2. for streams I prefer 1080p  with 30FPS, playing it by myself i do 720/60fps. 

12 hours ago, Arcanus said:

1. Do you know what graphical settings can be used in handheld mode? because I don't think 1080p is possible and I have no idea about framerate but I don't really know.

2. Do you know whether it has stability with whatever graphical settings it uses in handheld mode?

3. Do you know whether weapon effectiveness skills can be traded around on weapons so that one weapon can have multiple horseslayer, armorslayer, etc. effects at once? and if so and some unit qualifies in 2 categories (i.e. dragon and flying) does the bonus stack?

4. Are there a limited amount of master seals in the game, and if there are do they match the number of characters you get or do you have to make choices about who to never promote?

5. What was your first FE game that you ever played?

1. The settings are the same, honestly the 720p 60fps is probably the best for handheld. 

2. Theres stability although like almost any warriors game if too many important characters are in the same spot it'll start slowing a little. 

3. I believe in forging you can simply upgrade how it is, no stacking, but I didn't mess with the forging too much since I can't read Japanese. 

4. There are enough for the entire cast, 6 in Story, the rest are in History Mode. 

5. I first played Blazing Sword after being introduced to Marth and Roy in Smash Bros Melee. 

5 hours ago, MrBawa said:

Adding another question related to FEW, if possible:

How good is the game for quick bursts of play? Like play sessions of 10 to 15 min max.

Thanks

10/15 minutes is the average length of a map I'd say, so you should be fine.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

1. Lissa has a self buff, Leo & Elise get a gauge that boosts the power of their C1 attack, Xander can move while doing his C1, the Pegasus Knights can juggle people in midair for a select amount of time, Takumi and Sakura can charge their arrows, (a number of characters can use Staves). These are the ones that come to mind behind what you said. 

2. Lyn and Celica start at 1, I have no idea about Anna yet. 

3. My main squad was in the 40's everyone else was in the 20's and 30's 

4. I'm not sure but I think so, and II. I don't believe so. 

Cool. Thanks dude.

3. for history mode (since im still going in very blind on any info on it) are there maps that require specific character or characters to use like in hyrule warriors to get their better weapons or skins?

1. Favorite voice of Sonic?

2. Favorite Sonic cartoon?

3. If he were alive at the time, would you have liked it if Deem Bristow voiced classic Eggman in Generations?

4. If you had to pick one specific Fire Emblem character to be given an English voice, who would you pick and who would be there voice actor(ess)?

5. Do you have a game series that is either up your alley or that looks like something you would try, but you've never were able to get into that series?

How diverse are the mission types in History Mode? Hyrule Warriors had a lot of regular "take the keeps and defeat the enemy commander" missions, but it also had missions such as the quizzes, defending nearly-defeated keeps from advancing enemies, KO competitions, ect.

1. How exactly do skills like Luna and Astra work in Warriors?
  2. What is your favorite costume for each character in Warriors?
  3. What do you consider the hardest chapter you've ever played in the series?
  4. Who is your favorite Lord in the series?

On 10/8/2017 at 12:42 AM, Jedi said:

4. The elegant machine of destruction never stops

I'm tempted to put it in my signature, so can I?  Also:

1. I notice that there are both staves and rods for healers to use.  Do you know the difference between them?

2. How well do you think the non-controlled playable characters handle themselves on a map, particularly after you given them an order?

3. What do you think of giving orders to these characters on the pause menu?  I'm looking forward to trying it myself!

4. Have you completed any of Anna's Memories?  (The pictures with pieces you receive from Anna.)

5. Since you brought it up, who do you consider to be the overpowered and underpowered characters in Hyrule Warriors?

6. Oh, and have you ever lost anyone while playing on a map in Fire Emblem Warriors?

Edited by Fastesthe1

22 hours ago, Thany said:

3. for history mode (since im still going in very blind on any info on it) are there maps that require specific character or characters to use like in hyrule warriors to get their better weapons or skins?

You are forced to use sets of characters at a time, and usually its relating to the event on the history map or something random, I need to check in terms of weapons because well I haven't gotten any of them yet like the Sol Katti lol. 

21 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

1. Favorite voice of Sonic?

2. Favorite Sonic cartoon?

3. If he were alive at the time, would you have liked it if Deem Bristow voiced classic Eggman in Generations?

4. If you had to pick one specific Fire Emblem character to be given an English voice, who would you pick and who would be there voice actor(ess)?

5. Do you have a game series that is either up your alley or that looks like something you would try, but you've never were able to get into that series?

1. Ryan Drummand, but Smith has grown on me

2. SatAM, bar none. Although Boom is really funny

3. Yes I would have approved fully of that, rip Bristow. 

4. Bridget Hoffman as Louise 

5. Crash Bandicoot, for whatever reason I've never really had the motivation to play them. 

20 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

How diverse are the mission types in History Mode? Hyrule Warriors had a lot of regular "take the keeps and defeat the enemy commander" missions, but it also had missions such as the quizzes, defending nearly-defeated keeps from advancing enemies, KO competitions, ect.

KO lots of things, usual battles, and various others. I'm glad to inform you that defending nearly defeated keeps isn't here because if they combined that with Dark clone enemies rushing you down from every angle I'd throw the controller. 

Theres vareity but its also partly how its structured this time and not just oddball little requirements. 

18 hours ago, Luankachu said:
  1. How exactly do skills like Luna and Astra work in Warriors?
  2. What is your favorite costume for each character in Warriors?
  3. What do you consider the hardest chapter you've ever played in the series?
  4. Who is your favorite Lord in the series?

1. Sorry to disappoint but i'm not entirely sure yet, it's probably tied into the weakness gauges of enemies. 

2. I honestly really love all the promotion looks in this game so I'll actually say that for pretty much every character. 

3. Hmm hardest chapter? Conquest End Game on Lunatic. 

4. Eliwood, so i'm in that constant rut of "he never gets anything" :P: although Ike is my second favorite so theres that.

14 hours ago, Fastesthe1 said:

I'm tempted to put it in my signature, so can I?  Also:

1. I notice that there are both staves and rods for healers to use.  Do you know the difference between them?

2. How well do you think the non-controlled playable characters handle themselves on a map, particularly after you given them an order?

3. What do you think of giving orders to these characters on the pause menu?  I'm looking forward to trying it myself!

4. Have you completed any of Anna's Memories?  (The pictures with pieces you receive from Anna.)

5. Since you brought it up, who do you consider to be the overpowered and underpowered characters in Hyrule Warriors?

6. Oh, and have you ever lost anyone while playing on a map in Fire Emblem Warriors?

You may! 

1. I believe rods have longer radius and less usages. 

2. They do their job for the most part unless they get into a fight with someone that has an advantage on them (read: Tiki vs a Falchion user). 

3. I like it and it heavily reminds me how you give orders in the various Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors Empires subgames. 

4. Not yet haha, theres ALOT OF THEM, plus I haven't had the most time to play. 

5.I think Master Sword Link is the most ridiculous character in HW, along with Sheik if you abuse her Serenade of Water stuff and Twili Midna, I also think Tingle, Agatha, Wizrobe and a few others were really underpowered and not nearly that fun to play (for me). 

6. Yes, you gotta keep an eye on their hp gauges. Even when they're NPCs and not under your direct control.

1) What is the meaning of life?

1) How is your day going?

2) (If you've played both versions) Is there any way in which you think that the 3DS version is better than the Switch?

3) If Support Conversations in FEH were like GBA supports (or any game that actually has details to the supports and not just RD style), which pair's supports would you want to see the most?

4) Did/Do you enjoy Fire Emblem Warriors?