Volunteers to help with the FE Warriors section

VincentASM

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I forgot I made an account here at one point.

Anywho, hi, I'm the guy who made that Lissa guide on my blog/site. I've been bouncing back and forth between FEH unit analysis and FEW character guides but I think I'm at a decent point where I can focus on FEW guides right now. I recently posted a combo Chrom and Lucina guide and will probably hit up the pegasus knights next.  Anyways, I take suggestions seriously so if you guys have anything for my guides, hit me up and tell me what I could improve.

2 hours ago, ProfessorBamboo said:

Anywho, hi, I'm the guy who made that Lissa guide on my blog/site. I've been bouncing back and forth between FEH unit analysis and FEW character guides but I think I'm at a decent point where I can focus on FEW guides right now. I recently posted a combo Chrom and Lucina guide and will probably hit up the pegasus knights next.  Anyways, I take suggestions seriously so if you guys have anything for my guides, hit me up and tell me what I could improve.

Do you have a sample of your work that I can check?

Anyway, besides the obvious moveset descriptions, character guides should probably include:

• Suggested weapon attributes, especially in the context of Topsy-Turvy and Antitriangle
  • The differing stats between clone characters and how that differentiates their roles
  • A small analysis of the character's personal skill, in a general context
  • The recommended skills for the character.

31 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Do you have a sample of your work that I can check?

Anyway, besides the obvious moveset descriptions, character guides should probably include:

• Suggested weapon attributes, especially in the context of Topsy-Turvy and Antitriangle
  • The differing stats between clone characters and how that differentiates their roles
  • A small analysis of the character's personal skill, in a general context
  • The recommended skills for the character.

Sample-wise, I have written 2 primary guides so far, one for Lissa that was linked in the previous page, as well as a Chrom & Lucina guide which I just finished today. Both are located on my blog which is here

For the most part, in my guides, all of the weapon attributes have a priority level assigned to them, ranging from low to must-have. Crest priority is also labeled the same way, and I give a description as to why they have been labeled as such. Regarding stats, I do give a top-level overview of their stats, how they compare to other units and clones, but never really go in-depth into role differentiation. As for personal skills, I do give them a mention, but never go in-depth about it. I can probably devote a small section about it, though I'll have to see where it would best fit based on my guide's current structure.

20 minutes ago, ProfessorBamboo said:

Sample-wise, I have written 2 primary guides so far, one for Lissa that was linked in the previous page, as well as a Chrom & Lucina guide which I just finished today. Both are located on my blog which is here

For the most part, in my guides, all of the weapon attributes have a priority level assigned to them, ranging from low to must-have. Crest priority is also labeled the same way, and I give a description as to why they have been labeled as such. Regarding stats, I do give a top-level overview of their stats, how they compare to other units and clones, but never really go in-depth into role differentiation. As for personal skills, I do give them a mention, but never go in-depth about it. I can probably devote a small section about it, though I'll have to see where it would best fit based on my guide's current structure.

Interesting. They perhaps may need to be adapted if we were to use them for the pages here, but they seem pretty complete for the most part.

On 11/5/2017 at 4:46 PM, Connor Mezza said:

Hello, ive been browsing the forums since warriors came out and id really like to help out with the wiki to help make a complete database!

Hiya! Welcome to the forums!

I've sent a PM with instructions.

11 hours ago, ProfessorBamboo said:

Ahaha, welcome to the forums. Thanks again for giving permission earlier : )

1 hour ago, Fastesthe1 said:

I would like to help on the Warriors part of the wiki!  Even if it's a small part, but I do like making tables. :)

Thanks ^^

I've sent a PM with instructions.

Anyhow, I had a busy Monday, but I can hopefully do some more work today. I did manage to S Rank Together to the End. I don't know if it was because I had Beastslayer on Marth and Sakura's weapons or because of their Dual Specials (or both), but I chopped off nearly half of Velezark's HP with one Dual Special o__o

8 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Anyhow, I had a busy Monday, but I can hopefully do some more work today. I did manage to S Rank Together to the End. I don't know if it was because I had Beastslayer on Marth and Sakura's weapons or because of their Dual Specials (or both), but I chopped off nearly half of Velezark's HP with one Dual Special o__o

Does Beastslayer deal extra damage to Velezark? I've gotten conflicting reports on that.

It'd make sense for story reasons, giving the twin protagonists a weapon to kill the final boss, but I didn't really notice extra damage and there's no advantage icon.

Anyway, yesterday I did all of Noble Lady of Caelin's second Anna Mementos and wrote up guides as I did so, so now I guess I'll start on Together to the End's.

By the way, our guides for In the White Light and Embrace the Dark are incomplete; they're missing the Anna's Mementos. I added in what we have from the Anna's Mementos page, but that isn't complete either.

Edited by Anomalocaris

2 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Does Beastslayer deal extra damage to Velezark? I've gotten conflicting reports on that.

It'd make sense for story reasons, giving the twin protagonists a weapon to kill the final boss, but I didn't really notice extra damage and there's no advantage icon.

Anyway, yesterday I did all of Noble Lady of Caelin's second Anna Mementos and wrote up guides as I did so, so now I guess I'll start on Together to the End's.

By the way, our guides for In the White Light and Embrace the Dark are incomplete; they're missing the Anna's Mementos. I added in what we have from the Anna's Mementos page, but that isn't complete either.

Hmm, good question. I asked the same thing earlier XD

It might just be a placebo effect, so I edited out the text in the meantime.

Thanks, I was busy writing the text that I forgot Anna appears in those maps.

EDIT

I also made a start on the gameplay mechanics page. As a Warriors newbie, I only wrote about the basic gameplay. Hopefully somebody with technical knowledge can step in to fill the rest ^^

Edited by VincentASM

4 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Hmm, good question. I asked the same thing earlier XD

It might just be a placebo effect, so I edited out the text in the meantime.

Thanks, I was busy writing the text that I forgot Anna appears in those maps.

EDIT

I also made a start on the gameplay mechanics page. As a Warriors newbie, I only wrote about the basic gameplay. Hopefully somebody with technical knowledge can step in to fill the rest ^^

I think I'll take a break from Together to the End to work on that.

I forgot how painful the Gharnef mission was.

So I started a new game of Warriors to help out, and with me being like "I want my female Robin!", I decided to kill two birds with one stone by not only unlocking her before the Fates story chapters but intentionally get an A Rank on most of the missions to see what the Time-Space Distortion requirements are.  Turns out you get NONE of them unlocked if you go straight through Invisible Ties the moment you unlock the map!  So the requirements:

• First Challenge (Ally Rescue): Clear the boss battle and clear Chapter 14
  • Next Challenge (Targeted Elimination): Clear the boss battle on S Rank and clear Chapter 16
  • Tiki's Request (Fort Siege): Clear five battle at S Rank and clear Chapter 16
  • Final Challenge (Timed Onslaught): Clear all battles without space-time distortion at S Rank and clear Chapter 8
  • It's a Disaster (Arena): Clear all battles without space-time distortion and clear Chapter 14

With this in mind, I think I will go ahead and do the same thing on The Path Is Yours and The Dark Pontifex once I unlock those.

1 hour ago, Fastesthe1 said:

So I started a new game of Warriors to help out, and with me being like "I want my female Robin!", I decided to kill two birds with one stone by not only unlocking her before the Fates story chapters but intentionally get an A Rank on most of the missions to see what the Time-Space Distortion requirements are.  Turns out you get NONE of them unlocked if you go straight through Invisible Ties the moment you unlock the map!  So the requirements:

• First Challenge (Ally Rescue): Clear the boss battle and clear Chapter 14
  • Next Challenge (Targeted Elimination): Clear the boss battle on S Rank and clear Chapter 16
  • Tiki's Request (Fort Siege): Clear five battle at S Rank and clear Chapter 16
  • Final Challenge (Timed Onslaught): Clear all battles without space-time distortion at S Rank and clear Chapter 8
  • It's a Disaster (Arena): Clear all battles without space-time distortion and clear Chapter 14

With this in mind, I think I will go ahead and do the same thing on The Path Is Yours and The Dark Pontifex once I unlock those.

Thanks! That's greatly appreciated. While you're at it, do you think you could compare the Deploy Limits of uncompleted missions to our mission lists? The Deploy Limits disappear once you S-Rank it, so I can't verify them myself without starting a new game.

Oh, before I forget, @VincentASM, do you think you could list the EU price for the DLC? I only have the NA version to compare with.

Edited by Anomalocaris

6 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Thanks! That's greatly appreciated. While you're at it, do you think you could compare the Deploy Limits of uncompleted missions to our mission lists? The Deploy Limits disappear once you S-Rank it, so I can't verify them myself without starting a new game.

Sure!  I've also been adding the Anna's mementos as I find them, in both story and History mode.  :)

On 11/10/2017 at 6:37 PM, Fastesthe1 said:

Very interesting. Thanks for the investigation ^^

On 11/10/2017 at 8:01 PM, Anomalocaris said:

Oh, before I forget, @VincentASM, do you think you could list the EU price for the DLC? I only have the NA version to compare with.

Done!

14 minutes ago, Connor Mezza said:

may i suggest splitting the materials column on https://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Attack_Crests_(Warriors) into 2 columns (material and amount) for readability and ease when entering new values?

Oh yeah, the tables there are a bit unwieldy. I'm not sure if splitting the material and amount would improve things from a readability perspective though.

I think it's easier to read Archer's Shoulder Pad x1, Archer's Breastplate x2, Captain's Bow x3  versus Archer's Shoulder Pad, Archer's Breastplate, Captain's Bow | 1, 2, 3

Anyone have any suggestions?

7 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Oh yeah, the tables there are a bit unwieldy. I'm not sure if splitting the material and amount would improve things from a readability perspective though.

I think it's easier to read Archer's Shoulder Pad x1, Archer's Breastplate x2, Captain's Bow x3  versus Archer's Shoulder Pad, Archer's Breastplate, Captain's Bow | 1, 2, 3

perhaps something like this would be good?  

image.png

On 11/12/2017 at 8:15 PM, Anomalocaris said:

Ah, thank you, thank you.

Should we get around to adding Japanese release dates and prices?

Done!

I'm currently busy with a work project until early December, so I won't be too active around here. If you need me, feel free to tag me or PM me ^^

Alrighty, finally got around to doing The Path is Yours.  To be honest, intentionally getting an A Rank on these missions is not fun at times, and I was dreading the Xander and Ryoma battles because of how the bosses charge into the base...  Fortunately enough for me, the Ryoma one glitched, so Ryoma lost his red aura without using the Dragon Vein, ha!  So I took out the other captains to kill time. XD

Anyway, here's the requirements.  Funny how they have chapter requirements placed prior to unlocking the actual map itself:

• Freddy Bear (Timed Attack): Clear 5 battles at S Rank (and clear Chapter 5)
  • Caeda's Inquiry (Ally Rescue): Clear the boss battle (Both?) at S Rank and clear Chapter 16
  • Lesson in Love (Arena): Clear all battles without space-time distortions (and clear Chapter 11)
  • Pitiful Bandits (Ally Rescue): Clear all battles without space-time distortion at S Rank and clear Chapter 14

Haven't done it yet, but I think I will go ahead and update the pages.  Next up more story mode! :D

I'm going through the new map, and I'm curious as to what triggers the reinforcements.

The Fates cast appeared after I cleared two missions (the two western mooks), Marth appeared after I cleared my fifth mission (which was the Manakete), Chrom after my sixth (which was the Myrmidon), and Celica and Lyn appeared after I cleared my seventh mission (the Outrealm Fiend).

I'm wondering if they appear based on how many missions you clear total, or based on which missions you clear. If somebody hasn't started that map yet could they perchance try clearing the missions in a different order than I did? I did the four corner missions in clockwise order starting from the bottom-left, then did the three middle missions from left to right.