Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

If Soren wins, we might get a few good memes about pretending to be driven back in order to lead your enemy into a trap, with how Ryoma's had the lead so long and Soren being a strategist and all.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Jbunzie said:

What does that have to do with popularity? Everyone knows Takumi is the most popular fates male character. 

Ryoma had more votes than Xander in Cyl. 

Only the nohrian sisters are more popular than the hoshidians.

I think Ryoma might have a larger team than Takumi in this gauntlet, he had the highest first hour votes. Could be because of his popularity as a strong unit in Heroes. It makes me super curious how Reinhardt would do if he was in a gauntlet. 

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to Takumi vs Ryoma. 

4 minutes ago, ruruo said:

I think Ryoma might have a larger team than Takumi in this gauntlet, he had the highest first hour votes. Could be because of his popularity as a strong unit in Heroes. It makes me super curious how Reinhardt would do if he was in a gauntlet. 

The only reason Ryoma is larger is due to him being an excellent unit in heroes.

His validity as a unit is the only reason actually, in Cyl he had less votes than even Soren.

Reinhardt will destroy everyone tbh.

Edited by Jbunzie

19 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I guess the "popularity" of Tellius only really extends to Ike, that and maybe cute chicks (which appeal regardless of what game they come from). A large chunk of SF has played them, but overall few people in the greater FE fanbase have. Hence Soren not doing so well. His opponent on the other hand is one of Fates's posterboys who I don't think when more critically analyzed has that much popularity, but being a major mascot of a game does a lot.

I shall take solace in knowing this really isn't what people think of the "True Soren" as experienced through the actual duology of PoR and RD, only the Heroes snippet of him.

Well, the Black Knight is the most popular villain in FE by far so that must count for something. Soren is more popular than Eliwood if we tally up his votes from both games so I'd say Soren is pretty popular for a non-main, non-cute chick character from a more obscure continent. Which is odd because Lyn, Hector and Roy are stupidly popular while Eliwood gets beat by the Dorcas meme and is the most unpopular western lord by far. 

19 hours ago, Rezzy said:

MIcaiah was #9 on the girls' side for CYL.  Tellius was pretty well represented in the poll.

He did say except for cute chicks so he did cover that base. 

11 minutes ago, Jbunzie said:

Ok I guess I was wrong, but the difference between them isn't that big.

Yeah, and neither was the difference between Takumi and Leo. Besides, the CYL results are becoming less relevant by the day as Heroes has and is changing people's perspectives on certain characters. If you want an example, Ninian only placed 100th in CYL yet easily had the largest team in the last gauntlet likely due to being an excellent character to have in Heroes, being a dancer and all.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Sorry for the late reply!  I went with Team Ryoma (because he showed up as +Spd/-Def, which is better than Soren's 4* spam).  My FC is somewhere in the FC topic.  I'll squeeze you in there.

Thank you :D I'll add you now. My lead is currently Innes - the name is Zenelle :) 

12 minutes ago, ruruo said:

It's certainly interesting to see how much unit viability affects the votes since Takumi is much more popular than Ryoma overall.

But yeah, I'm definitely excited for that as well. Regardless of what the outcome will be, I won't be too sad, since Ryoma would be very proud of his little bro for surpassing him :')

Edited by Tsuky

6 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

Ryoma freaking underperformed GOD DAMN IT!

I guess I won't be spending flags then.

really? it shows its 11.3 billion to sorens 9.5 billion....
unless i guess you're team soren and you wanted him to perform good enough to get you guys a boost so you can clutch it..
not today satan

Edited by Tsak

4 minutes ago, Tsak said:

really? it shows its 11.3 billion to sorens 9.5 billion....

She's talking about Ryoma's score not increasing as much as expected during the past hour. If Ryoma had scored more, Soren will probably keep getting multiplier till the end, but that no longer seems to be the case

Edited by Tsuky

Just now, Tsuky said:

She's talking about Ryoma's score not increasing as much as expected during the past hour. If Ryoma had scored more, Soren would probably be getting the 7.5 multiplier in the end, but that no longer seems to be the case

yeah i edited i guess before you replied

2 minutes ago, Tsak said:

yeah i edited i guess before you replied

Oh, haha, ninja'd

Anyway, I'm really proud of fellow Team Ryoma members right now for thinking of the greater good and not spam flags to get more individual points :D I now feel guilty about my selfish flag dump last hour

Edited by Tsuky

19 minutes ago, Tsuky said:

It's certainly interesting to see how much unit viability affects the votes since Takumi is much more popular than Ryoma overall.

But yeah, I'm definitely excited for that as well. Regardless of what the outcome will be, I won't be too sad, since Ryoma would be very proud of his little bro for surpassing him :')

Or we discover true reason behind poor Takumi's inferiority complex haha... :'D

53 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Then why do they only have one seasonal unit to Nohr's / Conquest's eight and Ylisse's / Awakening's eleven?

I see you're all about that Nohrian-scum life.

Oh fun, this is interesting.

Team Katarina over-performed her last multiplier, which actually puts her in a good position to take a win, depending on how hard Team Amelia rallies.

• If no rallying happens at all, Team Amelia likely takes the win.
  • If Team Amelia rallies a bit, Team Amelia gives Team Katarina a final-hour multiplier that gives Team Katarina the win.
  • If Team Amelia rallies a lot, Team Amelia gives Team Katarina a second-to-last-hour multiplier (or earlier) that clinches final-hour multiplier for Team Amelia instead for the win.

In other words, Team Amelia should rally hard like right now. I'll be throwing all of my final-hour flags in early this time around (saving only enough for a Team Amelia multiplier, assuming it happens).

3 minutes ago, ruruo said:

Or we discover true reason behind poor Takumi's inferiority complex haha... :'D

Oh no, I'm having FE Warriors Lyn/Takumi support flashbacks...

Poor guy. If Ryoma loses to Takumi, I will definitely be supporting him in the final round

5 minutes ago, Logos said:

I see you're all about that Nohrian-scum life.

Yeah, I make no attempts to hide it, as you've likely already gathered.

Well it's that and you kinda walked into that one. I can't help myself when I see an easy opportunity to playfully (because I had no malicious intent with that last post, I was just being stupid) troll someone.

4 minutes ago, Logos said:

I feel like Soren is going to get a multiplier, and then us, and then a final one for team Soren, and then we run out of time. This gauntlet is actually kinda intense lol

I never want to be overly optimistic, but it's going to be difficult for Team Soren to coordinate and pull a win. Even if they spam flags right now, it's just going to move our multiplier earlier by a couple of hours, and it's gonna be hard to come back from that even if they do grab the 7.5 multiplier. You can see the trend here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9DSCm0CM6rk11LFLqjX0u4CX30gg7mMUePQjD4VCS4/htmlview#