How likely would it be for the TMS#FE characters to get in?

Corrobin

I don't see how sales has anything to do with this. Koei was pleased with the sales of Warriors, yet Rowan and Lianna are nowhere to be found. Cipher must be selling like crazy in Japan, yet I don't see hide nor hair of the Cipher OCs.

If anything, you'd expect IS to include the TMS cast to maybe boost sales, or at least garner an interest, which could potentially translate into a Switch port.

I could write an essay on how fantastic TMS was, but it has its own little sub-forum. Honestly, if you look at it as its own thing, it's such a great game. A Switch port could really help it as, let's face it, Switch games mostly sell like hot pancakes roll on tomorrow Pancake Day~

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

TMS is still also a spin-off with very little to do with FE. Thracia is mainstream FE.

Heroes itself is a spin-off. Warriors was promoted in Heroes (it was just maps but it was still promotion). TMS is very different, yes, but it's still a part of Fire Emblem. For all intents and purposes, the TMS characters are Fire Emblem characters.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

TMS is still also a spin-off with very little to do with FE. Thracia is mainstream FE.

I don't see how that makes a difference in terms of how popular Heroes can make characters.  If Reinhardt was a TMS character with nothing else changed besides lines, I can easily see said character gaining a lot of following.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Just now, Armagon said:

Heroes itself is a spin-off. Warriors was promoted in Heroes (it was just maps but it was still promotion). TMS is very different, yes, but it's still a part of Fire Emblem. For all intents and purposes, the TMS characters are Fire Emblem characters.

Heroes is not a spin-off. It has lords, a story, and FE style gameplay like any mainstream FE. Just because it isn't on a Nintendo console doesn't make it a spin-off.

TMS is hardly part of Fire Emblem when it has like 5% FE stuff. TMS characters are TMS characters, not FE ones. They're too modern and too different to be FE. If IS makes an FE that was actually more modern and stuff like that, then we'll talk.

Sorry, but I just don't consider TMS a true part of the franchise since it hardly has anything FE related in it. It's more like another SMT/Persona game with FE references here and there. I'd say it's more a part of the SMT series than FE.

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I don't see how that makes a difference in terms of how popular Heroes can make characters.  If Reinhardt was a TMS character with nothing else changed, I can easily see said character gaining a lot of following.

But he's not, he's from a mainstream FE game, not a spin-off with very little FE in it.

Why can't you guys just leave my opinion alone here instead of arguing with it? You disagree, okay. I get that. I respect it. But do we need to keep going back and forth here?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But he's not, he's from a mainstream FE game, not a spin-off with very little FE in it.

I'm just asking why that makes a difference.  If sibling bonds was replaced by a TMS banner, and Touma or something had the same accidental brokenness as Reinhardt, plus a easily meme'd special quote, why would this hypothetical Touma gain less popularity than Reinhardt did in reality just because he's a spinoff character?

I'm not trying to demean your opinions, I'm asking you to clarify why you think spinoff characters would gain less from Reinhardting.

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I'm just asking why that makes a difference.  If sibling bonds was replaced by a TMS banner, and Touma or something had the same accidental brokenness as Reinhardt, plus a easily meme'd special quote, why would this hypothetical Touma gain less popularity than Reinhardt did in reality just because he's a spinoff character?

I'm not trying to demean your opinions, I'm asking you to clarify why you think spinoff characters would gain less from Reinhardting.

Because mainstream FE is full FE while TMS isn't? And like IS said themselves, their modern style is clashy and it would be hard to implement them.

They could end up as popular as Reinhardt did, but that's not definite.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

.Sorry, but I just don't consider TMS a true part of the franchise since it hardly has anything FE related in it. It's more like another SMT/Persona game with FE references here and there. I'd say it's more a part of the SMT series than FE.

It has FE in its title, numerous FE characters, a rendition of the FE theme...while it's gameplay is definitely not FE, neither is Warriors, is Warriors not a FE game?

That being said, I see TMS as a standalone title, but part of FE as a whole. Basically a modern FE without the typical FE gameplay.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Because mainstream FE is full FE while TMS isn't? And like IS said themselves, their modern style is clashy and it would be hard to implement them.

But why does being a "full FE" matter to the characters themselves?  That's what I don't understand about this reasoning.

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm not sure if it would happen or not. But if I'd have yo give a yes or no answer then I'd say no. OCs of that game are probably Atlus property since that's the same reasoning people give the lemon twins for not being in the game due to them probably being Koei property.

Not necessarily. Look at DK, Nintendo can still use Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, etc. despite them being made by Rare.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They could end up as popular as Reinhardt did, but that's not definite.

But a lot of the seasonal outfits are clashy - bunny suits, swim suits, the Halloween outfits. They're also relatively modern.

TMS characters would be relatively easy. Make Touma and Tsubasa a Cavalier and PK respectively, or even have Touma be infantry. They'd look out of place, but so do the Seasonals.

Honestly I think TMS has no business being in Heroes. It’s largely it’s own thing and the characters wouldn’t translate well into an actual FE game. It’s like if people wanted the Rabbids to be in the next Mario Party because of the one crossover (thank god nobody does though).

Edited by SilvertheShadow

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Not necessarily. Look at DK, Nintendo can still use Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, etc. despite them being made by Rare.

True, but we don't know what contract both parties for TMS and Warriors signed regarding the OCs. Cipher cards yeah, but does it extent to Heroes?

I wish TMS character got into Heroes. I wold love to hear them with English voices and the possibility of a Switch port would be nice since I never got to a Wii U so I never experienced TMS. From what I heard from TMS fans, the characters were all pretty great.

Also, I don't see how they would be too modern and out of place when the summoner pretty much has a gun and most of the seasonals look out of place already.

24 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

According to a quick Wikipedia search, intellectual property rights for the Donkey Kong and Star Fox series were retained by Nintendo after Rare was acquired by Microsoft.

54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Heroes is not a spin-off. It has lords, a story, and FE style gameplay like any mainstream FE

You do realize that spin-offs can have stories, right? Yes, it has FE-style gameplay but it's still a spin-off. Heroes released before SoV, yet you don't see anyone calling Heroes "FE15". Why? Because it's a spin-off.

59 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

TMS is hardly part of Fire Emblem when it has like 5% FE stuff. TMS characters are TMS characters, not FE ones. They're too modern and too different to be FE. If IS makes an FE that was actually more modern and stuff like that, then we'll talk.

Sorry, but I just don't consider TMS a true part of the franchise since it hardly has anything FE related in it. It's more like another SMT/Persona game with FE references here and there. I'd say it's more a part of the SMT series than FE.

I know what i'm about to say is probably gonna sound rude and i apologize in advance but TMS is a part of Fire Emblem, regardless of what you think. Yes, it takes a lot of elements from SMT/Persona but it's still part of the Fire Emblem series. The characters are even featured in Cipher. So while you may not see it as part of the Fire Emblem series, Intelligent Systems does and they are ultimately the ones who decide what is and isn't part of the series.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

And like IS said themselves, their modern style is clashy and it would be hard to implement them.

That was before we got Seasonals. Honestly, the Seasonals prove that the TMS characters wouldn't be out of place.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I know what i'm about to say is probably gonna sound rude and i apologize in advance but TMS is a part of Fire Emblem, regardless of what you think. Yes, it takes a lot of elements from SMT/Persona but it's still part of the Fire Emblem series. The characters are even featured in Cipher. So while you may not see it as part of the Fire Emblem series, Intelligent Systems does and they are ultimately the ones who decide what is and isn't part of the series.

when was the last time they added any new TMS characters to cipher?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

When was the last time they added any new Warriors characters to Cipher?

answering a question with a question is not an argument, I never said we should add any warriors characters to FEH (nor did I say that I cared), and I don't like the OCs in heroes as well. My point is that a card game where you can easily add new cards with minimal regrets should the deck bomb, is a poor measure of whether something is considered a part of the series or not. If they are not still shoving it down our throats anymore that means IS does not care. 

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

If they are not still shoving it down our throats anymore that means IS does not care. 

Very, very flawed argument. Elibe got a full seasonal banner to itself, but other than that, Elibe content has been scarce. Guess that means IS doesn't care about Elibe. Jugdral content has also been scarce, guess that means IS doesn't care about Jugdral either. 

1 hour ago, Lau said:

It has FE in its title, numerous FE characters, a rendition of the FE theme...while it's gameplay is definitely not FE, neither is Warriors, is Warriors not a FE game?

That being said, I see TMS as a standalone title, but part of FE as a whole. Basically a modern FE without the typical FE gameplay.

Numerous? I don't think Chrom, Tharja, Tiki, Cain, and Caeda are numerous. If I missed a few, it still seems like FE Warriors has far more FE elements than TMS does.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

But why does being a "full FE" matter to the characters themselves?  That's what I don't understand about this reasoning.

I already explained all I could here. So you can stop asking the same question multiple times.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That was before we got Seasonals. Honestly, the Seasonals prove that the TMS characters wouldn't be out of place.

I'd say the TMS characters would look even more out of place than those seasonals do though.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Very, very flawed argument. Elibe got a full seasonal banner to itself, but other than that, Elibe content has been scarce. Guess that means IS doesn't care about Elibe. Jugdral content has also been scarce, guess that means IS doesn't care about Jugdral either. 

so now we are switching from a card game to heroes? Where it can take weeks to gather the resources to create even a single hero?

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I already explained all I could here. So you can stop asking the same question multiple times.

You haven't really explained at all.  You just said that because it's a spinoff and not a full game memes can't power a member of TMS crew as much as someone from a mainline FE, without really giving any evidence or explanation why you think that would be the case.  I'm asking for the evidence and explanation.

Give me actual reasoning as to how you came to the conclusion that the internet can't meme spinoff characters as much as Reinhardt, assuming all other factors are held constant.  So they're still "accidentally overpowered," still have a memeable special quote that describes the state of the game perfectly, etc.  

Actually, let's take another hypothetical.  Let's say FE5 was a FE spinoff that played exactly like Dragon Quest, the plot and characters are left completely intact as they are (so Reinhardt is still Olwen's bro, his primary motivation is still being into Ishtar, etc.).  Olwen and Reinhardt are added to Heroes in the exact same way they were in reality, a banner a month into the game about siblings, with Reinhardt gaining brokenness a few weeks later with the arrival of SI and later the change in arena scoring.  Why would the hypothetical change in the gameplay of a game most fans did not play would affect Reinhardt's brokenness/magic is everything memes that made him the rough FE equivalent of Captain Falcon?

Edited by Glaceon Mage

@Anacybele Have you looked at the TMS subforum on SF and read what people who played the game say about it?  For the most part people who have played it liked it a lot myself included, so saying that it is not liked by the people who played it is false.  As to the OCs not fitting as others have pointed out the summoner themselves is from the "modern" world as well.  I don't see how the characters would clash that much, plus they have more then one outfit in the game that Heroes designers could chose from for in game art to make them fit if needed.  Just because you have not played the game/ don't like the characters is no reason to say they can not be added to Heroes at some point.

4 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

@Anacybele Have you looked at the TMS subforum on SF and read what people who played the game say about it?  For the most part people who have played it liked it a lot myself included, so saying that it is not liked by the people who played it is false.  As to the OCs not fitting as others have pointed out the summoner themselves is from the "modern" world as well.  I don't see how the characters would clash that much, plus they have more then one outfit in the game that Heroes designers could chose from for in game art to make them fit if needed.  Just because you have not played the game/ don't like the characters is no reason to say they can not be added to Heroes at some point.

The summoner is from the modern world, but they're not wearing modern clothing, they're wearing a white carbon copy of Robin's robe. So his/her clothes were changed to look more the part.

6 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

You haven't really explained at all.  You just said that because it's a spinoff and not a full game memes can't power a member of TMS crew as much as someone from a mainline FE, without really giving any evidence or explanation why you think that would be the case.  I'm asking for the evidence and explanation.

Give me actual reasoning as to how you came to the conclusion that the internet can't meme spinoff characters as much as Reinhardt, assuming all other factors are held constant.  So they're still "accidentally overpowered," still have a memeable special quote that describes the state of the game perfectly, etc.  

Actually, let's take another hypothetical.  Let's say FE5 was a FE spinoff that played exactly like Dragon Quest, the plot and characters are left completely intact as they are (so Reinhardt is still Olwen's bro, his primary motivation is still being into Ishtar, etc.).  Olwen and Reinhardt are added to Heroes in the exact same way they were in reality, a banner a month into the game about siblings, with Reinhardt gaining brokenness a few weeks later with the arrival of SI and later the change in arena scoring.  Why would the hypothetical change in the gameplay of a game most fans did not play would affect Reinhardt's brokenness/magic is everything memes that made him the rough FE equivalent of Captain Falcon?

Then I don't know how else to explain it. I'm sorry. TMS just seems to be a fairly unrelated and unpopular spin-off game that sold badly.

I don't know, I don't know anything about Dragon Quest. But since it wouldn't be a mainline FE game, I can guess it wouldn't have much of a chance. The thing is though, Reinhardt and Olwen ARE from a mainline FE. And IS took a big gamble with them. I don't know if they want to do that with a badly selling, hardly FE-related spin-off.

Edited by Anacybele