The Last Promise 2: Broken Promises

Tazerface

20 years ago, Siegfried and his band of rebels fought to bring peace to all of Solum. Now, Queen Kammi, of the newly assembled Atheyan kingdom, threatens that peace. The now-retired Shon must follow in his father’s footsteps and save Solum once again, with the help of old and new allies. Despite everything, Shon must carry on as the last words he exchanged with his father still echo in his mind, always doing his best to keep their last promise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm0Rtw2uwCQ&feature=youtu.be

That’s right, this is really happening! 

Planned features:

• 30 main chapters (not including Gaiden chapters)
• Brand new classes and reworked promotions
• Class skills
• A completely new story, set 20 years after the events of The Last Promise
• 40+ playable characters, with supports
• Custom animations (most of which from other amazing users, works will be credited)
• Weather that doesn’t slow you down, just looks pretty!
• A serious story, but with a couple of joke units and references for some fun

Sorry, no download link yet, but please stay tuned, we’re all hard at work to bring this hack to life!

Dev Team Credits:

Spoiler

Director: Tazerface

Writers: Tazerface, Tobiki, Uniblast/YellowHello, Carlos, XC_Runner

Map Design: RegularHamboning, Borsthestylish, TatsuTheLation

Portraits: Tobiki, ColinWins, XC_Runner, Tazerface, Carlos, boyo44

Eventing/Hacking: boyo44, Borsthestylish

Animations: Tobiki

Community Credits:

Spoiler

Blazer and the entire TLP team, thank you for the original game, and we hope we can make everyone proud.

Team SALVAGED: SALVAGED Cavalier animations

The Blind Archer: Armor Knight animations (Bows, Axes, Swords)

(more will be credited as they get used)

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Blazer really ok with this and gave you permission? It'd be kind of inconsiderate to make a sequel to his game if he never said you could do this so I hope what you said about him being ok with this is true.

1 minute ago, Dinar87 said:

Is Blazer really ok with this and gave you permission? It'd be kind of inconsiderate to make a sequel to his game if he never said you could do this so I hope what you said about him being ok with this is true.

Yes, I've been in talks with him for a few days. He said he'd post here once we made the thread, as well

Is this where I pick up my preorder

Looking forward to see where this goes. The initial trailer shows some promise but I'm probably gonna need to get the game in my hands before I can judge it.

Also, if you need any help with plot or general copy editing, feel free to poke me. I do the same sort of stuff for Staff of Ages and could probably spare some time to help your writing team out if you ever find yourselves in a bind.

4 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

add lootboxes and microtransactions pls

Anyways, what are you using to make this fangame?

We're using FEBuilder for the most part, I have less experience with it than Nightmare, but our hackers really like FEBuilder, as it's a very good tool.

Edit: My hackers also want me to say we're using Event assembler, and hex editor, though not buildfiles.

Edited by Tazerface

woah, i played this nearly when it first came out and ive replayed the original atleast 5 times 

I am really excited for this

if you ever need help with anything writing wise or such poke me i'd love to help ;)

I know she's a joke character and all but Kelly's stat screen is actually painful to look at. 5 defense on an armor? What is she doing with that magic?

honestly pretty hyped for this though tbh, I kinda enjoyed the original TLP so it'll be interesting to see how this unfolds

1 hour ago, Regularhamboning said:

Why would people do this? The Last Promise is like a great comedy, the sequel sucks 99% of the time.

I always appreciate the support, fellow member of the dev team

Hopefully the hack title won't become true regarding the finishment of this project.

Anyways this came out of absolutely nowhere since I never found a sequel of TLP entirely necessary.
Idk what to think about yet until I have seen some serious gameplay and plot content.

Still interested in this.

43 minutes ago, Tazerface said:

I always appreciate the support, fellow member of the dev team

ahahaha

17 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

Hopefully the hack title won't become true regarding the finishment of this project.

Anyways this came out of absolutely nowhere since I never found a sequel of TLP entirely necessary.
Idk what to think about yet until I have seen some serious gameplay and plot content.

Still interested in this.

LOL @ title joke

while I had made some small plans for a sequel at some point, I definitely didn't leave enough things open-ended that it was necessary

but I don't think it needs to be necessary for someone to want to do it, so eh

anyway, I don't approve or disapprove of this hack, I happened to visit the forums at a convenient time and happened to be informed of it by one of the team members (I'm guessing the head, not sure if he or she mentioned as much), but I've long since left the scene and gone in hiding and am not in any position to really take any action of consequence regarding this hack, nor does it really need my approval in the first place, nor would I alone be able to give approval for it (since the original project had huge help with all the maps/sprites among some other things and wasn't just me)

in other words, I think the creators made it pretty clear what it is, a simple fansequel to a simple fangame, if you're concerned about that or permission or whatever, you may also want to consider whether or not the original fangame received permission for its creation, but I'm afraid that's about all I have to say on that matter~

btw, the cavalier animation was kinda cool

Edited by Crimson Red

Well, if nothing else, this will be interesting to watch develop!

Should you replay TLP before playing this, do you think, or is the story disconnected enough that you could jump in here/get by with what details one might remember?

21 minutes ago, Terper :) said:

Well, if nothing else, this will be interesting to watch develop!

Should you replay TLP before playing this, do you think, or is the story disconnected enough that you could jump in here/get by with what details one might remember?

There will be a very brief recap of the plot of TLP at the beginning of the game, but I'd honestly just say play TLP. It's honestly pretty decent, especially when you consider the limitations of the time.