Ever had a unit turn out so RNG blessed to the degree you feel insanely happy?

Was playing Path of Radiance. Decided to use Mia. Suddenly she starts getting defense growths. At this point she looks like this. The only stat-booster she's needed is an energy drop because she's a bit below average in strength. Despite all odds, she's easily one of my best units for tanking between vantage, the frequent crits (meaning one shotting enemies before they hit her), inability to be doubled the decent resistance, and the beautiful defense. This is the first time I ever used her, and it's easily been an experience I loved. Anyone else got similar stories of character you had turn out amazing in a stat they really should not have? Or multiple stats. Or in general. Hell even a bad unit turning out decent.

https://imgur.com/a/i6aXEWZ

Edited by Mad-manakete

LwAO7ib.png

I know, doesn't look like that much, but this man right here was my Durandal user in my last HM FE6 run. The run was going... let's leave it at "horrendously", so I was left with him and Perceval as my only choices for Durandal. Perceval might've been better, but this was so hilarious I just couldn't control myself. He killed Murdock. It was amazing. Who said Marcus can't break the whole game in two anymore in FE6? He's been breaking the game for fifty years, and he'll break the game for fifty years more, in the name of Pherae!

...why am I even participating in this thread you know exactly what I'm talking about you were there...

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

LwAO7ib.png

I know, doesn't look like that much, but this man right here was my Durandal user in my last HM FE6 run. The run was going... let's leave it at "horrendously", so I was left with him and Perceval as my only choices for Durandal. Perceval might've been better, but this was so hilarious I just couldn't control myself. He killed Murdock. It was amazing. Who said Marcus can't break the whole game in two anymore in FE6? He's been breaking the game for fifty years, and he'll break the game for fifty years more, in the name of Pherae!

...why am I even participating in this thread you know exactly what I'm talking about you were there...

Because it was one of the examples I had in mind when I started the thread, and it wouldn't be complete without it?

26 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

My Sain got very Def-blessed when I played Blazing Blade and he ended up being one of my best tanks.

My last Sain got really blessed strength-wise. I mean even for Sain. As in he capped strength at level 15, and then capped it again around level 6 promoted. Just to show it wasn't a fluke. Though my one had pretty poor defense. Maybe your one got his. Or something.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

LwAO7ib.png

I wasn't there :(

Why is this in Far from the Forest? Seems like it could go in general.

Edited by Jotari

40 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I wasn't there :(

Why is this in Far from the Forest? Seems like it could go in general.

Because I'm way too paranoid about putting threads somewhere they don't belong and make dumb decisions in trying to avoid it thus doing what I was trying to avoid.

10 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

Anyone else got similar stories of character you had turn out amazing in a stat they really should not have? Or multiple stats. Or in general. Hell even a bad unit turning out decent.

Ogma with a Devil sword and maxed out Luck has always been quite odd back in the days. he was destroying Earth dragons even better than Marth with the Falchion.

however, i'm not entirely sure if Luck really made a difference with the backfire effect of the Devil swords dealing damage to the wielder instead of the enemy.

thing is, it never backfired when he was at maxed Luck, not even once. at least, it never did to me.

7 hours ago, Fenreir said:

Ogma with a Devil sword and maxed out Luck has always been quite odd back in the days. he was destroying Earth dragons even better than Marth with the Falchion.

however, i'm not entirely sure if Luck really made a difference with the backfire effect of the Devil swords dealing damage to the wielder instead of the enemy.

thing is, it never backfired when he was at maxed Luck, not even once. at least, it never did to me.

Chance of Devil Sword/Axe backfire is [21 - Luck] = %. In later games where the Luck cap became 30, the base rate sans Luck became 31%.

I haven't ever had a unit super blessed but as of my recent FE6 playthrough I have given Roy a few levels and he got blessed and started killing many things, and he is only Level 7. Oh he grows up so fast!

Here we have the other unit that has been blessed in my current run of PoR. Seen here after chugging a pure water so he could bait Hedwynn into wasting Bolting on him with Provoke, we have the unit I have nicknamed The Great Gatrie. Besides the typical Gatrie maxed strength and defense, he has a notable blessing in speed. So much so that he hit his level 20 average before promoting. I guess that speed potion Shinon was razzing him about in their C-support wasn't a con in this file. I would have been happy with that, but he didn't stop. Then there's the resistance. This made him from just a tank into a magic tank. I've made a habit of chucking a pure water and the knight ward on him and letting him bait everything in with Provoke so the rest of my team can kill them all in my phase. The only problem being he's taken an odd kill that I didn't intend because he crits more than one expects of a General. When he's in range of Illyana, their A-support gives him the extra plus three defense that when coupled with the Knight Ward makes him as durable as the Black Knight is with Alondite. It's almost a taste of what it must be like to control Zelgius, and it feels great.
VXDYVBo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mordecai once got 2 speed BEXP levels in the beginning of part 2 of Radiant Dawn. With 22 speed he was doubling for a fair bit into the game. It aso meant he reached higher claw ranks faster so that was an even bigger boost to damage. Couple that with strength at almost every level up, and it wouldn't matter he couldn't double speedy enemies.

Edited by SlayerX