Jump to content
Re:Born

It's been 2 years since Warriors. Have you're opinions on the game changed since then?

Recommended Posts

Still the worst Warriors crossover game I have ever played.

On 5/23/2019 at 11:58 PM, Decerd said:

Side Note: I find it hilarious that everyone complained that Warriors only pulled from three FE games (the most successful and well known ones) and only had about 5% content from two other games, yet back in it's infancy, Hyrule Warriors did the exact same thing and no one seemingly batted an eye about that. No Johns, just something to think about for a bit.

Thats really not the case, plenty of things in a patchless Hyrule Warriors for Wii u were directly from other Zelda games. Bow Wow from Link's Awakening is a weapon, Gohma is the Zelda 1 version, ETC.

In sharp contrast, FE:W barely even featured Shadow Dragon.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 8:20 PM, Florete said:

I find it odd how people always go to Hyrule Warriors like this. HW had original content. Not even just Lana and Cia, Link, Zelda, and Impa are technically original since they are not the Link, Zelda, or Impa of any other game. These crossovers need a connecting point, but since Zelda and Fire Emblem work differently it was easier to make that connecting point still feel familiar in HW.

I'm not saying FEW is perfect. I definitely agree that they should have used actual locales from Fire Emblem games rather than the sort-of lookalikes we got. But if they'd chosen any existing lord to be the focal point, I think there would be a lot of complaints that it wasn't someone else. If it was Marth, you'd get people complaining that it should have been Lyn, or Ike, or Chrom, etc. This wasn't a problem with HW because "Link" is always the protagonist in Zelda. So while I'm certainly not a fan of Rowan or Lianna themselves, I don't disagree with the choice to use original characters as the focal point. It's basically the same case as Heroes, and IS develop that one themselves.

Like, I get it, people were disappointed with some of the choices made in FEW. I don't always agree, but I do understand. But when people say it "wasn't respected" I find that's going too far. They tried a different approach. Some ideas worked, some didn't.

Also, uh, bosses? Three of them are literally villains from their respective games and the final boss is a giant dragon, which is basically the final boss of every FE.

The thing is Hyrule Warriors original Link, Zelda, Impa and Ganondorf did not have separate character slots from Skyward Sword Link, Ocarina of Time Zelda, and Twilight Princess Ganondorf. The original characters of HW who did occupy an original character slot, Cia, Volga, and Wizzro all added something new to the roster, whilst intelligently homaging past Zelda games.

Rowan and Liana existed in a roster with Marth, Chrom, Lyn and Corrin all as separate character slots even though they all fought basically the same and were the exact same character archetype! They added nothing new and together only took away from a game that desperately needed diverse weapon and unit types.

20 hours ago, ThreeHeroesElitist said:

Game could used some serious world building, sure you saved the world at the end of the game but only 4 people live in it..

 

Darios should be playable in my opinion.

Fire Emblem warriors felt like it lacked any real villain presence.

It was just civil war with other FE characters, civil war with other FE heroes, one shot unexplained villain cameo, then Darios and Velezark

Contrast this with Hyrule warriors where Cia, Volga, Wizzro,  Ganondorf, Zant, and Ghirahim were all a major presence throughout the whole game.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Contrast this with Hyrule warriors where Cia, Volga, Wizzro,  Ganondorf, Zant, and Ghirahim were all a major presence throughout the whole game.

The villains were even allowed to have a little civil war among themselves which I found rather neat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

The thing is Hyrule Warriors original Link, Zelda, Impa and Ganondorf did not have separate character slots from Skyward Sword Link, Ocarina of Time Zelda, and Twilight Princess Ganondorf. The original characters of HW who did occupy an original character slot, Cia, Volga, and Wizzro all added something new to the roster, whilst intelligently homaging past Zelda games.

Rowan and Liana existed in a roster with Marth, Chrom, Lyn and Corrin all as separate character slots even though they all fought basically the same and were the exact same character archetype! They added nothing new and together only took away from a game that desperately needed diverse weapon and unit types.

Not sure what I'm supposed to think about this. I addressed some of it already in the post you quoted and the rest of it doesn't even really have anything to do with what I said. Did I say FEW had good diversity? I don't think so, because I agree it could have used more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Florete said:

Not sure what I'm supposed to think about this. I addressed some of it already in the post you quoted and the rest of it doesn't even really have anything to do with what I said. Did I say FEW had good diversity? I don't think so, because I agree it could have used more.

I wasn't saying your post did say FE:W had good diversity.

I was just mentioning my specific issues.

On a related note, it does feel to me like the developers of FE:W snubbed all but two games.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really need to get around to finishing the last DLC maps, I still love this game and whole heartedly hope we get a sequel some years from now, tho with news out that they are working on a persona 5 warriors game, I feel like another 2 years will have to be added onto that wait list.

I think the origonal characters were fine, zelda had them and some of them even became character favourites (mostly because they were waifu material I think) but I think Fire emblem warriors should of had more maps based on actual games tho. a vague noir castle and a vague Hoshido castle doesnt really cut it for those fans, and the world tree being the only real connection is to little. I hope they look at Geneology landmarks or other maps with many forts or a big castle as inspiration for future maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not at all.

Remains a massive letdown and a disgrace in the name of Fire Emblem.

That pop idol #FE had more merit in representing the franchise.

Warriors was completely shameless and forced in Lady Celica without the decency to at least copy paste things from Echoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 2:26 AM, Yexin said:

no, it hasn't changed

"an enjoyable game, but a huge missed opportunity, seasoned with loads of bullshit excuses from the devs"

Much agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shortly after [FEW's] launch I bought a Switch just for this game. I ignored the ridiculous PR and too-many-swords conundrum and played through the game, got the DLC, maxed out all of the personal weapons, S-ranked all of History Mode, the whole shebang. And I've said it before: I enjoyed it, absolutely. I had a blast. I set it as my favorite for a reason.

While I could and would on occasion boot up the game and mindlessly obliterate armies with Owain and Ryoma's C4 till the cows come home, the shortcomings in certain aspects--the roster in particular--left me feeling a bit......empty. Unsatisfied. Glass half full. As a classic-era Emblemier, I found myself wanting...more. Wanting to use characters from those older titles. Personally, I'm in the group that would really love a sequel that improves on the original's shortcomings, but also at the very least has more diversity in the roster. At least draw from Elibe and Tellius, maybe Jugdral; Fόdan would be fine if they must have something to represent the modern FE era. And this time we gotta have playable villains. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the Black Knight (/and Zelgius alt costume for the umpteenth time. ...Sorry) simply needs to be among them. He's one of the few characters in the series who is actually canonically strong enough to mow down thousands upon thousands of soldiers all on his own with ease; He's practically MADE for Warriors.

FEW did at least manage a respectable ~1 million copies in sales, and IS has started to acknowledge the older games more recently (if Heroes and, mechanically, Three Houses are any indication). So as long as KT's still considering it, as long as there's still a chance......well, as a certain laguz puts it, "All I will do is stand here, plant my feet, and wait."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think it's the best Musou crossover game ever.

It's got the catharsis of killing a whole bunch of people, a sliding scale on difficulty in stages, a lot of things to do, a constant effort to keep improving, and it took in the personality of the characters very well as well (though I miss not having the Elibe characters). 

Tecmo Koei has shown - particularly with TH - that they are a very good development house so long as they have a strong hand on their shoulders. With their own properties - ROTK, Nobunaga, I'll even put Dead or Alive here - they've really faltered, and DW9 was atrocious. But the FE and Zelda Warriors games were good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2019 at 4:45 AM, Baron the Shining Blade said:

And this time we gotta have playable villains. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the Black Knight (/and Zelgius alt costume for the umpteenth time. ...Sorry) simply needs to be among them. He's one of the few characters in the series who is actually canonically strong enough to mow down thousands upon thousands of soldiers all on his own with ease; He's practically MADE for Warriors.

The way I see this is that even if they DON'T have Playable villains, the Black Knight could be playable given how he seemed to be a Neutral party but was still very much playable in Radiant Dawn as protagonist in parts. Protecting Micaiah, helping the Dawn Brigade fend off the Greil Mercenaries in the woods, even showing up randomly as an ally in Part 4 just to help Micaiah's Army. He's a major antagonist in PoR but I don't see his RD presence as villainous at all. Especially since he even provides context to his apparent murder of Greil.

If you want playable "villains" go Ashnard. I bet he'd be a literal blast to play in Warriors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

The way I see this is that even if they DON'T have Playable villains, the Black Knight could be playable given how he seemed to be a Neutral party but was still very much playable in Radiant Dawn as protagonist in parts. Protecting Micaiah, helping the Dawn Brigade fend off the Greil Mercenaries in the woods, even showing up randomly as an ally in Part 4 just to help Micaiah's Army. He's a major antagonist in PoR but I don't see his RD presence as villainous at all. Especially since he even provides context to his apparent murder of Greil.

If you want playable "villains" go Ashnard. I bet he'd be a literal blast to play in Warriors.

Agreed.

And absolutely, so long as wyverns have their C1 dash attack nerfed. That slam was so broken, especially with Minerva having the highest Str stat in the game.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I love it, I almost completely beat it, my only two complaints are that the growths are fixed, and that the multiplayer mode on the Switch gives less opportunitys to KO enemies, but I'm still waiting for a sequel.

Edited by Fates-Blade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...