Serenes Emblem Discussion Thread (CHARACTER ROSTER IS FINALIZED)

Sub Zero

I don't really have any suggestions about other users to add or what the story should be like, but I would like to recommend there be a compiled list somewhere visible to everyone of what we have (relatively) confirmed, like a roster, any planned features, story ideas that should be voted on, etc. I assume that Von Ithipathachai and Joshii have their own lists/plans somewhere, but I think a public one would be good so that people can stay up to date.

Speaking of the roster, I'll try to compile my info and add some more at some point.

Gen 2 is imo a foolish idea for a game such as this. Its not necessary for the plot, not going to be super usable in a relatively short fangame, and will just lead to awkwardness of having users be considered children of other users. I mean, if a pair/trio/etc wants that, then they can have their own family relationship like a Fir and Bartre or something, but it shouldn't be for everyone.

Manakete Triangle Attack, yes please.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Joshii I was looking through some old posts on the thread and I think that you would want to start with a list of what everyone is doing, probably starting with programing and other dev stuff, art, and writing, then branching out from there, establishing where everyone goes could be one of the better ways to really get started.

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

@Joshii I was looking through some old posts on the thread and I think that you would want to start with a list of what everyone is doing, probably starting with programing and other dev stuff, art, and writing, then branching out from there, establishing where everyone goes could be one of the better ways to really get started.

I would once again recommend making a Discord server for the project so all this discussion can be neatly organized.

More importantly, it can serve as an alternate means of communication in case the forums go down again.

It's certainly a good idea.

2 minutes ago, fiver said:

uh.. how private?

Send the invitations through PM's.

I don't think any FE YouTubers should get any special priority except Ghast, since he posts here. This is Serenes Emblem, not FETuber Emblem. Mekkah is fine if he wishes, since he's been a prominent user in the past.

2 hours ago, GreatKnightEcho said:

We could have the ones who don't post often known as some sort of "forgotten deities", whose crests have been long-sealed, and those who carry their bloodline are few and far-between. 

If this idea is used, it should be for well-known members who are no longer around, like Tangerine. Then again, it's probably not a good idea to use these people without their permission, and many of them can't realistically be contacted anymore.

3 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Making Fire Emblem YouTubers elder deities would really only work well if said YouTubers also played important roles in running the forums or were otherwise prominent members.  So of these only ghast would even remotely qualify.

33 minutes ago, Florete said:

I don't think any FE YouTubers should get any special priority except Ghast, since he posts here. This is Serenes Emblem, not FETuber Emblem. Mekkah is fine if he wishes, since he's been a prominent user in the past.

Understood. That's actually why I made that specific suggestion, it wouldn't require them to be playable or even to show up. It could just be something people mention.

12 hours ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

here's an idea for a story

Long ago when the land of Serenia was sent crashing into darkness by a god filled with hatred for humanity. A goddess bestowed upon 10 heroes tokens of her power(similar to three houses these tokens are crests but can be implemented in as skills) the 10 heroes used their gifts to repair Serenia and seal the god away, peace sustained for centuries to come until now.

Centuries later 

A war is on the horizon Hjúki  Kingdom at war with the Vanr Kingdom who believe that they shall guide the land into a new era one without crests 

Princess Eclipse of the Hjúki Kingdom is now 18 years old(or however old @eclipse is) and is next in line of the Hjúki Throne but her father believes that she is not worthy and that a girl with no experience in war should be Ruler. Eclipse alongside her band of royal knights sets out on a pilgrimage to prove to her father and to herself that she is worthy to be queen but along the way she will face hardships, her friendships will be tested, will she survive or will she crumble...

. . .uh, I really appreciate it, but I'm super-old.  Like. . .old enough to be that theoretical eclipse's mom.

i mean, leading a band of mercenaries is a good starting point since that doesnt really matter what age you are. decent idea to fall back on, i dont think princess would work

i mean

yeah charles exists

but mercenaries are cooler and imo make much more sense, i think the story should be closer to PoR than anything. Except instead of the focus on Ike, it's the focus on Greil. I'm shit at explaining things lol

8 hours ago, fiver said:

i still havent been able to join the dc

Joshii is having trouble figuring out how to allow people to join the server without having to friend them first.  I'm not sure how this issue has arose, since I never had this restriction for my server.

Anyway, he's come up with the following idea for the plot:

Spoiler

Alright so here is my idea for the plot. 
If we are keeping the idea of a proof of concept demo and a full game (an idea which I fully approve), then here is my idea for the plot of both.

For the demo

The story follows eclipse and her knights embarking on a crusade to ban the bots who make threads to advertise products with the demonic axe banhammer, I'm thinking of a single geaneology styled map with multiple objectives for this one.

For the main game

Several years later, eclipse has been corrupted by banhammer and become a tyrannical ruler banning users for even minor infractions and worst of all, establishing premium accounts (nb4 that actually happens). Now it is up to the users to take back serenes.

I really like the idea of a boss who just keeps talking about products that no one wants.

Yeah, the Discord Link is expired on my end as well. I sent a PM with my Discord username.

Plot idea sounds good to me. // I'm just wondering how character recruitment (and character roles) will be handled.