GameInformer confirms no Multiplayer

FE doesn't really need multiplayer anyway. What I'd like to hear is Amiibo functionality. Let me use my Ike to bring him into the game like in Fates! I loved having him on my team and he was a huge help too.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What I'd like to hear is Amiibo functionality. Let me use my Ike to bring him into the game like in Fates! I loved having him on my team and he was a huge help too.

We know there's some form of amiibo functionality, since the Monastery has an "amiibo gazebo". We don't know the specifics, but I'd wager it's going to allow summoning the amiibo characters like Fates and SoV did.

4 minutes ago, Skarthe said:

We know there's some form of amiibo functionality, since the Monastery has an "amiibo gazebo". We don't know the specifics, but I'd wager it's going to allow summoning the amiibo characters like Fates and SoV did.

Ooh, boy.  That probably means we're getting Kurahana-style Marth and Ike at the very least.

Good. Fire Emblem was never meant for multiplayer in the traditional sense (live battles). Heroes does it well because the enemy teams are AI controlled. 

fire emblem multiplayer is only bad because of a lack of fog of war and secondary objectives, shadow dragon was actually pretty good because there was an excuse to move other than to kill the other team.

1 hour ago, Skarthe said:

Really? I had to miss the Treehouse stream because of work, was it confirmed there? Either way, awesome!

Amiibo Gazebo is a clever name too. XD I like the rhyme! lol

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Really? I had to miss the Treehouse stream because of work, was it confirmed there? Either way, awesome!

Amiibo Gazebo is a clever name too. XD I like the rhyme! lol

Treehouse didn't do anything with Amiibo or the Gazebo. Nor did they've mentioned it. 

It was confirmed with a picture of the Gazebo by a site I forgot the name of, note: the site only showed a pic of the Gazebo, not how Amiibo work in the Gazebo 

Just now, Owain Dark said:

Treehouse didn't do anything with Amiibo or the Gazebo. Nor did they've mentioned it. 

It was confirmed with a picture of the Gazebo by a site I forgot the name of, note: the site only showed a pic of the Gazebo, not how Amiibo work in the Gazebo 

Then how do you know it's specifically for Amiibo if it was just a picture of a gazebo?

Just now, Owain Dark said:

Because it literally said Amiibo Gazebo 

Okay then, that's all I needed to know. Still great to know too!

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay then, that's all I needed to know. Still great to know too!

Here, the Screenshot from that article 

Again everyone, I'm sorry that I have to link my twitter, imgur won't let me upload pics for some reason today

Yeah we dont know how much it works yet, Im hoping we get something good out of it. Even if we dont get to recruit them again, as great as that would be. Still hoping that will be the case though.

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Yeah we dont know how much it works yet, Im hoping we get something good out of it. Even if we dont get to recruit them again, as great as that would be. Still hoping that will be the case though.

Imo they should enable buying their personal weapons, if the characters won't pop up for a fight. 

5 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Imo they should enable buying their personal weapons, if the characters won't pop up for a fight. 

That would be great. Id love to see that. Maybe let us buy somekind of other items themed after them too, since we know shields are back.

Edited by Tolvir

11 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Here, the Screenshot from that article 

Again everyone, I'm sorry that I have to link my twitter, imgur won't let me upload pics for some reason today

Oh, neato! And Imgur is weird, sometimes I have that problem with it too.

Not too surprising there isn't multiplayer, if the kinds of teams I've encountered in both Heroes and Fates are anything to go by.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

fire emblem multiplayer is only bad because of a lack of fog of war and secondary objectives

This + hacking.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

This + hacking.

There also needs to be certain skills banned, like Lethality. Not much, but just removing the insta death skills and things of that nature.

I'm not surprised. Multiplayer in FE has always been lacking. And I'm happy - I'd rather FE get the single-player experience right anyhow.

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

There also needs to be certain skills banned, like Lethality. Not much, but just removing the insta death skills and things of that nature.

honestly I think that skills in general have really muddied fire emblem's mechanics, like, in radiant dawn they were fine because they could be easily ignored and were relatively unintrusive (mastery skills were broken though, bk does set 255 damage when eclipse activates that is 4 times what you need to kill most enemies), but the lack of skills like parity or nihil in recent games have broken most of them beyond belief and much as I enjoy them for screwing about replicate and warp were mistakes.