Famitsu Online Article Drops

Azz

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Druplesnubb said:

It looks like Armor and Riding are mutually exclusive, so no Great Knight I'm afraid.

I'm still going through the article, but where did you get that idea from?

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I like the look of the Paladin on the fourth page! I thought it was Great Knight at first, in fact, until I put some text through Google translate. XD

Is Great Knight even in the game though? I would hope so considering we've had it present in the last two new FE games (not counting Echoes).

Though what's with female Byleth wearing lighter gray robes than the male in some shots? That some kind of class promotion?

We don't know yet though personally I'm doubtful, unless they decide to call the master class riding class Great Knight (even then, Cav and Paladins can still use all three weapon types (including bows) regardless so you pretty much have a Great Knight in all but name (and armour weakness lol))

Also I'm pretty sure f!Byleth's clothes have always been more grey cause even in the OA, her jacket is more grey than black compared to m!Byleth (also outside of battles, all characters seem to wear their base class outfits so it's definitely not a promo thing).

I'm almost done with the analysis, but I have dinner in a moment.

Not sure if it was pointed out, but the Sword of the Creator has Ruptured Heaven as its exclusive Combat Art. I know somebody was wondering if there were any weapon exclusive arts.

21 minutes ago, Cysx said:

It's not on the stat screens we've seen either, though:

Hide contents

eVEW2SL.jpg

... maybe movement type mixed with something... But Linhardt having just 1 makes that really unlikely too...

I haven't seen that screen before. I can think of 2 possibilities from what we've seen.

1) You can't see the Con stat. It would be a bit weird, but being able to see AS easily would make it redundant, so maybe.

2) Maybe it uses Str/5 rounded down? I think that works for every character I'm certain on the "Con," so I could just be wrong with assuming that the Steel Gauntlets had 8 weight.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I like the look of the Paladin on the fourth page! I thought it was Great Knight at first, in fact, until I put some text through Google translate. XD

Is Great Knight even in the game though? I would hope so considering we've had it present in the last two new FE games (not counting Echoes).

Though what's with female Byleth wearing lighter gray robes than the male in some shots? That some kind of class promotion?

Male Byleth has a darker coat than Female Byleth. In my opinion, it's yet another way in which his design is better, since the dark fabric makes the silver emblem stand out more.

14 minutes ago, Azz said:

We don't know yet though personally I'm doubtful, unless they decide to call the master class riding class Great Knight (even then, Cav and Paladins can still use all three weapon types (including bows) regardless so you pretty much have a Great Knight in all but name (and armour weakness lol))

Also I'm pretty sure f!Byleth's clothes have always been more grey cause even in the OA, her jacket is more grey than black compared to m!Byleth (also outside of battles, all characters seem to wear their base class outfits so it's definitely not a promo thing).

Oh, I see... That's disappointing. But I guess as long as I can make a tanky Paladin or two, it's not that much different from being a GK. 😛

Really? I could swear her robe was just as dark until now...

EDIT: Looking at some of the screenshots again, I think the differing lighting in some of them is what caused me to think they were darker than they really are, because in some shots they do look darker and some they look lighter, but in most of them they look lighter.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

I haven't seen that screen before. I can think of 2 possibilities from what we've seen.

1) You can't see the Con stat. It would be a bit weird, but being able to see AS easily would make it redundant, so maybe.

2) Maybe it uses Str/5 rounded down? I think that works for every character I'm certain on the "Con," so I could just be wrong with assuming that the Steel Gauntlets had 8 weight.

2) Would work... but not for Dedue, indeed, he's pretty far off. Steel gauntlets would have to weigh 5, vs 3 for Iron... not impossible I suppose, but I'm like you, I see the patterns in damage, weight and accuracy from iron to steel...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I see... That's disappointing. But I guess as long as I can make a tanky Paladin or two, it's not that much different from being a GK. 😛

Really? I could swear her robe was just as dark until now...

I mean that's reasonable. In the artwork it's only a tad lighter (obviously it's much more drastic in game) and we haven't seen much f!Byleth in comparison to m!Byleth

Spoiler

characters_main1.png

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

I mean that's reasonable. In the artwork it's only a tad lighter (obviously it's much more drastic in game) and we haven't seen much f!Byleth in comparison to m!Byleth

Hide contents

characters_main1.png

Oh yeah, you're right. The artwork doesn't make the colors as drastically different as the game. That could be why I thought the female had the same dark gray robe, as well as the thing I mentioned about lighting in some of the screenshots.

I just noticed they also have daggers. Their base class is a sword/dagger wielder then? Interesting. We never did have a dagger-wielding lord.

5 minutes ago, Azz said:

Hide contents

characters_main1.png

It looks like the colors are reversed, f!Byleth has a dark grey cloack and black clothes and m!Byleth has a black cloack and dark grey clothes (if we look at the skirts of both we can see the difference)

Edited by FuranSuwa
spelling mistake

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, you're right. The artwork doesn't make the colors as drastically different as the game. That could be why I thought the female had the same dark gray robe, as well as the thing I mentioned about lighting in some of the screenshots.

I just noticed they also have daggers. Their base class is a sword/dagger wielder then? Interesting. We never did have a dagger-wielding lord.

no they aren't dagger wielders (there are no daggers in the game actually). It's just for aesthetic.

22 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I assumed that to be the case as soon as I saw the Skill Levels box in Dedue's status screen only had enough room for all the weapons, authority, magic and one movement type. In his screen it shows Armor as active, but there wouldn't be room in the box to show Riding and/or Flying as well. 

Just now, Azz said:

no they aren't dagger wielders (there are no daggers in the game actually). It's just for aesthetic.

...Seriously? "Let's give the main character daggers but not actually include them in the game at all!"

Makes so much sense, IS. They HAD sorta done this with the laguz in Tellius, but at least there was an explanation (that being that the laguz use natural weapons to fight and only use daggers for cutting meat/food).

Just now, NeoAmon said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I assumed that to be the case as soon as I saw the Skill Levels box in Dedue's status screen only had enough room for all the weapons, authority, magic and one movement type. In his screen it shows Armor as active, but there wouldn't be room in the box to show Riding and/or Flying as well. 

I was in the same mindset tbh. Heavy armour, riding and flying seem to correlate to movement types in this game like in Heroes so I would imagine they are mutually exclusive.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Seriously? "Let's give the main character daggers but not actually include them in the game at all!"

Makes so much sense, IS. They HAD sorta done this with the laguz in Tellius, but at least there was an explanation (that being that the laguz use natural weapons to fight and only use daggers for cutting meat/food).

Daggers might fall under swords, though I doubt it. But the fact that both versions of Byleth have the dagger fairly prominently displayed suggests that it might have some plot relevance? Perhaps a keepsake of some description?

Just now, Onestep said:

Daggers might fall under swords, though I doubt it. But the fact that both versions of Byleth have the dagger fairly prominently displayed suggests that it might have some plot relevance? Perhaps a keepsake of some description?

Yeah, I hope it's something like that at least. Otherwise, it's just really weird to give them daggers but not bother to give any apparent reason for it. Even if that reason is similar to the case with the laguz that I'd mentioned.

37 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

It isn't from this article specifically, it's something that has been shown repeatedly from all the pieces of gameplay footage we've been shown so far. But it basically comes down to the stat screen:

Spoiler

dedue-stats.jpg

Notice how there's no room for a second or third movement type in the list of skills. The only movement type shown is Armor, which will presumably be switched for Flying or Riding if you change into one of those classes (sadly I haven't found an image of a flier or rider to compare with). "But Druplesnubb", I can hear you say. "Surely that thing in the bottom right could be a placeholder for a second movement type." Well no. First of all, if it was a "placeholder" or an "empty" slot, it wouldn't make sense for it to have an exp bar that is partly filled. And it would also mean that regular infantry units should have two of them, but they don't.

Spoiler

022-Item-Drop.jpg

My guess is that this represents "class mastery", which is something that we've been shown you can build exp towards, but still haven't gotten any explanation for what it actually does. That would at least explain why it shows an icon of the unit in its current class.

The same thing can also been seen when checking the shop:

Spoiler

012-Guild.jpgfamitsu-shop2.jpg014-Guild.jpg

Edited by Druplesnubb

2 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

This isn't from this article specifically, it's something that has been shown repeatedly from all the pieces of gameplay footage we've been shown so far. But it basically comes down to the stat screen:

Reveal hidden contents

dedue-stats.jpg

Notice how there's no room for a second or third movement type in the list of skills. The only movement type shown is Armor, which will presumably be switched for Flying or Riding if you change into one of those classes (sadly I haven't found an image of a flier or rider to compare with). "But Druplesnubb", I can hear you say. "Surely that thing in the bottom right could be a placeholder for a second movement type." Well no. First of all, if it was a "placeholder" or an "empty" slot, it wouldn't make sense for it to have an exp bar that is partly filled. And it would also mean that regular infantry units should have two of them, but they don't.

Reveal hidden contents

022-Item-Drop.jpg

My guess is that this represents "class mastery", which is something that we've been shown you can build exp towards, but still haven't gotten any explanation for what it actually does. that would at least explain why it shows an icon of the unit in its current class.

The same thing can also been seen whe nchecking the shop:

Reveal hidden contents

012-Guild.jpgfamitsu-shop2.jpg014-Guild.jpg

This could just mean that TH is going the Heroes route and deleting the Great Knight's weakness to armorslaying weapons for balance. But I'm more inclined to think that the class just isn't in the game at all, even if it's still a bummer to me.

Edited by Anacybele

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Clearly the daggers are for lecture purposes. If you fall asleep during class, you get a dagger thrown at your head. Sure, you risk being stabbed. But that's what you get.

47 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

Clearly the daggers are for lecture purposes. If you fall asleep during class, you get a dagger thrown at your head. Sure, you risk being stabbed. But that's what you get.

lol that'd actually be funny. XD

6 hours ago, Cysx said:

z_5d07a1268c95e.jpg

Because of the "スカウト", aka "Scout" option, at the top.

You can do scout command not really mean they can be scouted.

I mean they can still reject you after you ask, and don't need to cancel scout command directly.

User Wala_Emi_Waka over on reddit has translated many of the text boxes:

Leonie, in the small dialogue box: "What's this about a fishing tournament?"

RECRUITMENT

Leonie: I have something to ask of you...I want you to transfer me to your class, Teacher.

Leonie: I want to learn about the tidbits of Master's training. Please? It's alright, isn't it? (basically implying she wants to learn about what you the avatar have learnt from Jeralt).

Leonie: Really?! I knew I could count on you, teach. You're so understanding!

Leonie: I want to be a first-grade mercenary. I'll be in your care, Teacher!

//

Petra, small dialogue box: I am look forward to fishing.

RECRUITMENT:

Petra: I learn from you. I have feeling we are compatible.

Petra: Do I--can I change classes? I ask this of you, please.

Petra: I very am grateful. I'm not used to speaking.

Petra: But, no problem listening. Please teach me a lot of things.

//

Marianne, in small dialogue box: Because of the crests... (implying blame. Interesting for Marianne to say that.)

I won't translate all the gifts, but Byleth gives her a teddy bear. It is described as a good gift for those who like cute things/animals.

Marianne: That makes me happy...

//

Annette, in small dialogue box: Please do be careful.

Byleth gives her delicious baked sweets, which is described as a good gift for those who like (you guessed it) sweet food.

Annette: Thank you, Teacher.

-

The next thing described is a gift found by Byleth.

This is the 'Carrier Owl's Feathers', which is described as:

"Owl feathers which appear out of nowhere. Everyone likes this."

//

A lost item description, found by Byleth:

"The Eight Articles on Art. Books which detail the evolution of Fodlan art. Would the owner be interested in art?"

-

Ignatz, small dialogue box: I wonder what's wrong...

Byleth gives the art book to Ignatz.

Ignatz: Oh! This is mine! Thank you very much, I was quite troubled.

-

Next lost item:

"A Wooden Button. It appears to have sprung off clothing. Would the owner perhaps have a large frame?"

-

Byleth gives the wooden button to Raphael.

Raphael: Oh, it's the thing that fell off! Thanks for delivering it to me!

//

The different types of tea are:

Apple tea, Eastern flavoured tea, Berry tea, Mint tea, Herb tea.

Byleth chooses mint tea for Ingrid.

Ingrid: Mm...what a nice smell. I quite like this tea, actually.

The three questions are:

Your ideal relationship/or Your preferred way of being accompanied. (I think? This one's difficult and vague.)

I want to become closer with you (emotionally, not physically, ya freaks)

The monastery's defenses.

The conversation's livened up!

Ingrid: The surroundings of the monastery is quite warm, and the soil is also fertile. To be frank, I'm jealous.

FREE TIME:

Stare.

Give a gift.

Finish.

Y Button: Tease her.

Ingrid: Thank you for the tea, Teacher. Thanks to you, I had quite the pleasant time.

//

Caspar: What, so we're not training? Well, that's alright, I guess.

Topics:

Talk about his ideal teacher.

Talk about the monastery's rules.

Talk about what army branch would suit him.

His interest is piqued!

Caspar: Hey, aren't you hungry? This ain't bad, but the cafeteria's nice too.

Three reactions:

Laugh

Drink tea

Scold him

Your conversation with Caspar has livened up greatly!

Y Button: Make him laugh.

Caspar: Thanks for the food! Hey, teach, don't you feel like working out? Let's train together!

//

Choir practice:

Linhardt: You might've not been able to have heard, but well, that's to be expected since everyone's singing.

Marianne: I don't know how to vocalize loudly...

Consulting:

Mercedes: Since I'm a little older than everyone, I want to become more of a reliable big sister to them...But this is actually quite difficult.

There's no need to force yourself.

Be careful of your daily conduct.

You should start off with how you word yourself...

Ferdinand's already been translated so I'm skipping that.

Dimitri: I've always been bad with the heat since I was a child...But I have no idea what sort of environment we'll be fighting in this time. I wonder if there's a good method to make the heat bearable.

Revise your equipment's material.

Enjoy the summer heat.

Endure it through chilling magic.