New Heroes Arrive: Brave Echoes (August 16th)

Fire Emblem Fan

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

I chose Eliwood. While Camilla will likely be meta defining for the next year, I'd much rather have a great alt for a character I actually care about.

Little luck with the regular banner. Pulled a 5 star Reyson, which saves me some feathers, I guess.

I dont think Camilla will be meta defining at all. Skill Inheritance is a thing so Veronica will be still the larger threat just because of the sheer utility her stave adds.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So it looks like Eliwood, Micaiah, and Camilla got +1 base and +10% growths compared to Gen 3 units and Alm got +2 base and +5% growths compared to Gen 3 melee infantry.

Sigrun

Reveal hidden contents

got +3 base and +5% growths compared to Gen 3 melee fliers.

Not sure what's up with the inconsistent numbers, though. Also not sure if these are CYL-specific bonuses or if they're here to stay (would be strange if the full difference is here to stay since infantry just got a buff).

That's perfectly normal and nowhere near definitive evidence for power creep.

There is plenty of evidence of power creep from skills to BST to other factors.  That there has been power creep isn't even an argument it is a fact. Weather one finds it acceptable or not is a different question.  Gee I spent a thousand dollars to +10 Takumi back in the day, nice to see my investment was worthless.  

8 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

There is plenty of evidence of power creep from skills to BST to other factors.  That there has been power creep isn't even an argument it is a fact. Weather one finds it acceptable or not is a different question.  Gee I spent a thousand dollars to +10 Takumi back in the day, nice to see my investment was worthless.  

I'm not saying there hasn't been any form of power creep. I'm saying "things that were top tier at the beginning of the game are no longer top tier" is not sufficient evidence for it on its own.

Furthermore, Takumi no longer being at the top of the meta wasn't due to power creep. It was due to a complete rearrangement of the meta caused by the introduction of Skill Inheritance.

4 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I thought it was weird that Ice Dragon argued against power creep two years ago but it's even weirder now that he's still doing it. 

"This isn't sufficient evidence of power creep" is not the same as "there is no power creep".

There is a difference between pointing out faulty arguments compared to pointing out wrong conclusions. Power creep exists, but the argument given to support it was a trash argument.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Rate my weird luck on this banner I suppose:

Was exclusively aiming for Micaiah.

Free Pick - Micaiah
Start - 703 Orbs
Snipe Green, if no Green Blue, if no Blue Red

Dimitri - 641 Left
Kaden - 603 Left
Sue - 593 Left
Dream!Male!Corrin - 578 Left
Ophelia - 517 Left
Brave Eliwood - 512 Left
Brave Eliwood - 497 Left
Flying Nino - 483 Left
Berkut - 469 Left
Owain - 464 Left
Kana - 415 Left
Brave Eliwood - 347 Left
Yarne - 327 Left
Rhajat - 309 Left
Brave Eliwood - 182 Left
Brave Micaiah - 80 Left
Brave Micaiah - 6 Left

5* Orb Cost Average: 41.35 Orbs
Focus Unit/Pity Breaker Ratio: 6/11
Highest Amount of Green Orbs on a Banner: 3
Unique 5*s: 13
5*s From List I Had Before Pulling: 5

Clicked on the free pick summoning event too quick and thought it was the actual banner. Good thing I've already narrowed it down to 2 choices. Decided to go with Camilla because I already have a green mage flier and healers are always helpful.

Edited by Flying Shogi

I used my free summon for Eliwood, as planned, and then spent 20 orbs on a full summoning session. I wound up getting Camilla, so that's nice. I'd like to finish the set and get Alm and Micaiah, and maybe some merges, but I think I'm happy with what I got now so I'm gonna reserve the rest of my orbs for more Lyn reruns.