What do your units do while they're on the bench?

They are questioning their worthless existences, as they're utterly useless.

Except for the units that are usually on my team, but that I have to bench. Those are happy and get free candy !
And those that I love.

... It's a very specific group actually.

Probably having unprotected sex. Unless there's some magic-based contraceptive or they make a condom out of pig intestines like we did in the old days.

My bench in Shadow Dragon was very *ahem* metropolitan, since it was all dudes.

25 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Probably having unprotected sex. Unless there's some magic-based contraceptive or they make a condom out of pig intestines like we did in the old days.

My bench in Shadow Dragon was very *ahem* metropolitan, since it was all dudes.

Is this where the bond units come from?

Cleaning out the army supplies, doing odd job stuff in camp, maybe some combat off focus (Hell, make that a gameplay thing maybe in a future game?)

Not everyone has servants, squires or whatnot in this series. Camp followers and other hired individuals also definitely wouldn't follow some of these armies.

Or it's like an Olympic village and everyone fucks in their down time. I don't know.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Or it's like an Olympic village and everyone fucks in their down time. I don't know.

23 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Orgies and booze and bonfires. Just like college.

I agree. This is war, and even though you are on the bench, you never know when you need to head to the frontlines and die. Might as well clap cheeks with fellow soldiers because YOLO.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I agree. This is war, and even though you are on the bench, you never know when you need to head to the frontlines and die. Might as well clap cheeks with fellow soldiers because YOLO.

I have to admit if I was at risk of dying soon, I'd grab the nearest willing handsome hunk and go to town with him as well.

Isn't this what Arya Stark did with Gendry?

6 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

I have to admit if I was at risk of dying soon, I'd grab the nearest willing handsome hunk and go to town with him as well.

Isn't this what Arya Stark did with Gendry?

Yeah.

I am still totally disappointed with how tactically incompetent those people are though. Daenerys threw away her Dothraki cavalry and most of her Unsullied heavy infantry for no reason. And why the hell did they place the artillery in front of the infantry? Like, what the hell was Tyrion doing all that time? How could he not see how stupid the plan is during the strategy meeting?

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Yeah.

I am still totally disappointed with how tactically incompetent those people are though. Daenerys threw away her Dothraki cavalry and most of her Unsullied heavy infantry for no reason. And why the hell did they place the artillery in front of the infantry? Like, what the hell was Tyrion doing all that time? How could he not see how stupid the plan is during the strategy meeting?

I didn't watch it, but I know people are disappointed that the writers half assed it towards the end.

Twiddling their thumbs and questioning their own lives, I guess. Not that I care what they do, because if I bench a unit, I tend to forget they even existed in the first place.

I am not a good commander. I never claimed to be one, though.

6 hours ago, Flere210 said:

Dany wanted to pick normal/casual and did not realized untill now that she was on Lunatic/Classic because she went this far abusing overpowered manaketes and Jorah was one hell of a Jeigan.

Accidentally press Auto Battle on Abyssal Mythic Hero Battle map, abusing Manaketes with trainee bonuses, playing Seth and horse Emblem, pay to win with +10+5 Bold Fighter army (but forgot to equip Aether), Summoner Supported her family member... Dany is Kiran confirmed.

I imagine Dany benching Arya until the last minute and she realised Arya got Spy's Dagger Refine, so she was able to debuff the Night King using Theon with Clarisse's Bow and Arya Spy's Dagger and then finish him off with Arya's Close Counter.

6 hours ago, Flere210 said:

Jorah was one hell of a Jeigan.

This is one of the best GoT analogies I've ever seen because it's so true but only the rare long-time FE fans would understand it. He carried Dany through the earlygame so hard

3 hours ago, Cron said:

Cyril continues to clean Rhea's room and finding her hidden artwork where she poses nude (I'm not using him much in my current BL run).

This makes me think of a meme I saw on Discord where Cyril has lustful fantasies about her, mentioning that he's seen every Rule 34 image of her in the library.

Which just makes me wonder why the monastery's library would have such things.

17 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

This makes me think of a meme I saw on Discord where Cyril has lustful fantasies about her, mentioning that he's seen every Rule 34 image of her in the library.

Which just makes me wonder why the monastery's library would have such things.

It doesn't. Claude and Flayn's support says Seteth screens everything and throws out the smut.