Your worst cursed stats

Usana

Didn't see anything like this topic wise so I made a thread.

Basically I enjoy seeing just how screwed your stats can get and figured there is probably at least someone who wants to share/vent their saddest stats.

And obviously to start of here is one from me. My Byleth at level 20 had 8 defense.
ThYqE19.jpg
I just found it funny that becoming an Assassin increased her physical defensive capabilities by 50%. Because that is totally what you expect to happen when you become an Assassin.  And before someone says it, yes all that Def she was cursed out of went and blessed her Str instead. But yeah 8 defense at level 20 comes across as rather squishy on hard mode so I was rather glad to hit the advanced seal level so I could patch that up a bit. 

So what are some of your worst stat stories that would make grown men want to cry?

1 hour ago, Wolfen09 said:

My sylvain went noble-lancer-cavalier-paladin and at like level 25 wound up with like 15 spd.  He did however have like a 25 str.

At first I was thinking that doesn't sound to bad, figured it was only a bit lower due to negative speed growths on the cavalier/paladin, then I realized that Paladin has a minimum of 14 spd. So yeah that sounds like a pretty good speed screw there. Pull up that googledoc sheet seems to imply that you should have had about 19 spd and 21 str. So you traded 4 speed for 4 str. Was it worth it?

10 hours ago, Usana said:

At first I was thinking that doesn't sound to bad, figured it was only a bit lower due to negative speed growths on the cavalier/paladin, then I realized that Paladin has a minimum of 14 spd. So yeah that sounds like a pretty good speed screw there. Pull up that googledoc sheet seems to imply that you should have had about 19 spd and 21 str. So you traded 4 speed for 4 str. Was it worth it?

Not really, not being able to double without a brave Lance really sucks.  The only reason I kept him around was for the Lance of ruin.  Funny enough, my Ferdinand turned out beastly.

It's definitely good we have such a large number of people playing FE now so that we can get these weird individual samples. The stats RNG was just a great thing, because it can randomly give certain, traditionally not great units a fighting chance, and the snowballing effect is definitely for real. I don't notice my stats-deficient units as much, because they naturally fall by the wayside in terms of use. On my most recently completed run, a GD one, my recruited Petra did get somewhat speed screwed, ending up with 24 Spd by around Level 41 as a Wyvern Lord (previously, she had ended up with 37 Spd at Level 45 in a Crimson Flower run). My Raphael underperformed on Def. Hilda and Claude modestly underperformed on Spd. My Leonie and Ignatz became utter monsters. Ignatz became a real unexpected frontline unit, with a lucky combo Str, Def, Res, and Spd actually making him a great bait/chokepoint defender because of Close Counter. Had to settle for Hilda and Claude becoming hit-and-run units because of their lower speed and below average HP and Def growths.

Edited by pekingduck

-When I did my "meme" run, I made Caspar a Cavalier/Paladin; he had 15 Speed (so 1 extra point) after 10 levels as Paladin.

-I once went 8 level-ups in a row without Lysithea gaining a point in Magic.

-I've tried using Ignatz 3 times, and he got horrible level-ups on 2 of the 3 times I used him; the one time he did well was when I decided to make him a Grappler/War Master.

-My Byleth always seems to get Defense screwed; in my meme run, she had 10 Defense at Level 20, and on my current Maddening run, she has 11 Defense at Level 17.

On the flip side, I've had a Level 35 Dorothea with 35 Magic and my Ingrids have yet to get Strength screwed.  Count your blessings, I suppose.

20190922_205828.png.45409e7c0b8f4a1d8b8198116876f4a7.png

I know Assassin Petra isn't the best way to take her, but the RNG on this play through has been frustrating. I had 13 strength and 14 magic when I promoted to Assassin and got bumped up to base 17 of the class for strength. Now 10 levels later and my magic stat is once again higher than my strength. Too bad her spell list is pretty poor otherwise I would make her a spellcaster at this point.

10 minutes ago, ozmaj85 said:

I know Assassin Petra isn't the best way to take her, but the RNG on this play through has been frustrating. I had 13 strength and 14 magic when I promoted to Assassin and got bumped up to base 17 of the class for strength. Now 10 levels later and my magic stat is once again higher than my strength. Too bad her spell list is pretty poor otherwise I would make her a spellcaster at this point.

Just give her an upgraded Levin Sword and hope the enemy's shoddy resistance and her ridiculous speed make up for it, lmao

The one character I remember getting RNG screwed for me was Ferdinand and his speed.  By the time I was done with Crimson Flower, I think he only barely got 20 speed, and he was getting doubled by just about everything if he tried to use an even slightly heavy weapon.  It was enough that I just thought he had garbage speed growths, but no, his speed growth is 50%, smh.

18 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Raphael gained his first point of Defense growth at level 14.

Well. . . good news is that he is pretty easy to unlock Armored Knight and Fortress Knight to get some defense boosts thanks to minimum stats? If he was blessed elsewhere it might be worth it. But if yours is anything like mine then he is only 'blessed' in luck and nothing else(though in my case he is only a point or 2 behind everywhere else so not enough for me to call him truly screwed in those stats).

Actually none of my units other than Byleth have a heavily screwed stat. They might be a bit low here or there, but nothing significant. Kinda expected as I do abuse Divine Pulse to avoid bad level ups when I can do so. Though doing so has really soured me on Raphael. I like the guy and all, but he seems determined to be stat screwed. Even with me abusing Divine Pulse he is still rather lackluster. But he doesn't have any major screwage. He keeps trying to get 1 HP and 1 Luck every level. I keep divine pulsing and leveling him up in the next fight and he will try 1 defense or somesuch and 1 luck. Seriously I am shocked when I don't get his sad response to a level up. Still he has had a couple of insane level ups where he gets basically everything but mag, res, and charm. So in the end he is mostly on point give or take a point or two to any given stat(strength and dex are low, spd and def are high. Assuming I have the right expected stats for his level and leveling path). Except luck. His luck is blessed. No question there. His luck growth isn't supposed to be that high! Lucky guy he is. . . not.

@ozmaj85 Ouch. I have Petra running Thief/Assassin and at level 20 she has more strength than your poor Petra.
@Tombstone88 Wow. Lysithea is pretty tough to get magic screwed to that degree.

At one point, my Ingrid got more defenses than Sylvain and I couldn't tell if one was blessed, screwed or both.

Also, most of my knight of Seiros/ teachers got really screwed and I thought for a while that 0-1 stat level ups were exclusive to them.

My Edelgard is currently at level 35 and she has a grand total of 15 speed. It makes her get outspeed by fast runners like Alois and she even ties with Haneman in speed. It makes her a bit frailer then she looks.

50 minutes ago, Sasori said:

My Edelgard is currently at level 35 and she has a grand total of 15 speed. It makes her get outspeed by fast runners like Alois and she even ties with Haneman in speed. It makes her a bit frailer then she looks.

To be fair, Edelgard actually has the same Speed growth as Alois at 40 apiece. Instinctively you might think he's like a Dedue or Raphael but not so.

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

She finally decided to embrace the Micaiah comparisons, and gave up on her speed stat.

Also if you've been making her use swords, you can get Swordmaster certification for a free boost to class bases (18, I think?).

15 hours ago, ozmaj85 said:

What was I trying to say again...? Oh wait, he can say it for me.

On topic, I don't know if I have any screwage stories.

Petra and Ingrid. It’s amazing that you two almost never get doubled and rarely miss, really, but I think you two can afford to spare just a few points into strength. They both had around 20 str while in their advanced classes. Doing four danage twice is still only eight damage total...

I did my time with Ignatz. I think he had less total stats than Lysithea’s HP. I just wanted to use him for the giggles but never again

I'm playing my second run (Church route NG+) and everyone seems to hate Strength (and a few hate Speed). I'm now at chapter 6, so hopefully my Eagles and recruits get their acts straight. And Lysithea has not leveled Magic for 2-3 levels. Annette now has more magic. Sigh. At least she'll probably KO the Death Knight with Dark Spikes.

Edited by PrincessAlyson

Say hello to my current Sylvain.  He's currently level 28 as a Fortress Knight, and is biding his time until he can become a full-fledged Great Knight.  His class path has been Noble -> Fighter -> Brigand -> Armor Knight -> Fortress Knight.  He has 11 speed. . .on a 40-50% growth, and starts with 8 speed.  Yeah.  Glad he can take a hit, at least.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Say hello to my current Sylvain.  He's currently level 28 as a Fortress Knight, and is biding his time until he can become a full-fledged Great Knight.  His class path has been Noble -> Fighter -> Brigand -> Armor Knight -> Fortress Knight.  He has 11 speed. . .on a 40-50% growth, and starts with 8 speed.  Yeah.  Glad he can take a hit, at least.

He just wants to fit in with all the enemy Armor/Fortress Knights! Even if that means making a tortoise look fast.

But yeah that is a pretty bad speed screw there. It has to be at least 10 points below expected doesn't it?

1 hour ago, Usana said:

He just wants to fit in with all the enemy Armor/Fortress Knights! Even if that means making a tortoise look fast.

But yeah that is a pretty bad speed screw there. It has to be at least 10 points below expected doesn't it?

Let's pretend that his speed growth is a flat 40%.  On average, he should have 18-19 speed, assuming that Fortress Knight doesn't lower base speed.  Fortunately, he saw this post or something, because he got two straight speed levels.

Honorable mention goes to Marianne, who gained 8 defense when she promoted to Dark Knight.

9 hours ago, eclipse said:

Was that speed stat including the -6 speed for being a Fortress Knight? Or does he have 5 speed as a Fortress Knight?

Granted, even the former is still screwed by a couple points. If it's the latter though... ouch. That hurts.

My Sylvain had like 19 speed as a Dark Knight at level 35, which is slightly below average (I think), but all his other stats were pretty bad too. Don't have any specific numbers, unfortunately, otherwise this'd be a great post for this thread.

My Ingrid on the same playthrough had 11 strength at like level 23 or something crazy like that. That's probably my worst stat-screwage story.