I got 16+ inches of hair cut off, AMA

Did you do anything with it?  I got sheared a few years ago, and they were excited to get my particular shade of hair as a donation.

cool, i just shaved my head as well

never thought a pea size drop of Pert would do the job

now, do you like it, or is it like me where you're wearing a hat until it grows back?

2 hours ago, Nym said:

I almost feel the same wai when I get a haircut.

Even my hair is just curly.

I mean, my hair could be used as an improvisional weapon when it was braided.

Even though it hit me in the face most of the time.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

But just LOOK at how much you'll save on shampoo!

Dude, I am terrible when it comes to judging how much shampoo and conditioner I need.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Did you do anything with it?  I got sheared a few years ago, and they were excited to get my particular shade of hair as a donation.

Yeah, I donated it.

The little girl my hair is going to is going to love my hair. The stylist commented that she could spend hours braiding and rebraiding my hair.

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

cool, i just shaved my head as well

never thought a pea size drop of Pert would do the job

now, do you like it, or is it like me where you're wearing a hat until it grows back?

I didn't shave my head, I still have some hair.

It goes to the nape of my neck and it's slightly longer in the front so I can put it in a ponytail for TKD.

39 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Why

Because it kept hitting me in the face when I was doing tae kwon do.

And the tub drain hated me.

And by neck was hurting.

And it's more cost effective.

And because I still have flashbacks to 4 years ago when I flicked my head slightly and got it in my cousin's food.

Edited by Espurrhoodie

25 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Why

Because having long hair is a mega pain in the ass sometimes.

If you do any kind of manual labor that involves leaning down or you work with tools, your hair will quite readily get in the way of that if it's long.

Also gets everywhere.  This is especially noticeable when it gets in your food after you forgot to tie it/set your hair back before you eat.

If you're the kind of person to tie it up into a ponytail, bun, or some kind of twist or braid, then these issues won't come up as often, but it may feel tight and uncomfortable after a while.  And if it's an elaborate tie-up job, it'll take time out of your day to undo and redo it each day.  And you will undo and redo it each day because you don't want to go to sleep with your hair tied up for a number of reasons.

Speaking of which...

@Espurrhoodie How does it feel to not have to deal with any of the issues I described?

2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

How does it feel to not have to deal with any of the issues I described?

Phenomenal even though it's only been 4 hours since I got it cut.

38 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Because it kept hitting me in the face when I was doing tae kwon do.

And the tub drain hated me.

And by neck was hurting.

And it's more cost effective.

And because I still have flashbacks to 4 years ago when I flicked my head slightly and got it in my cousin's food.

Nice

38 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Because having long hair is a mega pain in the ass sometimes.

If you do any kind of manual labor that involves leaning down or you work with tools, your hair will quite readily get in the way of that if it's long.

Also gets everywhere.  This is especially noticeable when it gets in your food after you forgot to tie it/set your hair back before you eat.

If you're the kind of person to tie it up into a ponytail, bun, or some kind of twist or braid, then these issues won't come up as often, but it may feel tight and uncomfortable after a while.  And if it's an elaborate tie-up job, it'll take time out of your day to undo and redo it each day.  And you will undo and redo it each day because you don't want to go to sleep with your hair tied up for a number of reasons.

I really wasn't serious

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I really wasn't serious

And I really just wanted an excuse to rant about having long hair, lmao, even if that excuse was an obviously not-serious one word reply to a thread.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

And I really just wanted an excuse to rant about having long hair, lmao, even if that excuse was an obviously not-serious one word reply to a thread.

I feel you, bro.

I feel you.

1 hour ago, Espurrhoodie said:

When I was like 3 my cousin chewed with his mouth open behind my dad until my dad noticed and swiped at him. And idk why you reminded me of it.

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

When I was like 3 my cousin chewed with his mouth open behind my dad until my dad noticed and swiped at him. And idk why you reminded me of it.

Because it involved cousins and food?

10 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

If I'm in a car going 60 mph and wind speed is a thing that exists and I throw a triangle out the window, how many cupcakes can Pedro buy with one human soul?

Like, 6.

On 10/2/2019 at 7:15 PM, Espurrhoodie said:

Pics or it didn't happen