Eliwood and Hector's Less-than excellent adventure: Let's Ironman Hector Hard mode mostly blind! *Now completed, with a 6% survival rate!*

Benice

My dude saga, chapter 6: Gotta go fast!

The replies:

Spoiler
22 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

6 magic is her base, at level 20/- she has 12 magic, which is just enough for a mend to have anyone out of danger and when doubling with a thunder or even fire you will one round. Promotion gives +2, which is decent.

Serra doesn't surpass that until level 11, after 100 Heals or 99 Mends, she will surpass Priscilla at base. If you're using Priscilla alongside Serra then I'll assume they're the same level because early join time and whatnot.
Serra surpasses Priscilla just by existing!
At level 20/16, Serra ties Priscilla and at level 20/20 Serra has 22 Magic, while Priscilla has 22.4 which is like an extra chance for 23 I guess. Serra NEVER outgrows Priscilla and only ties her after you've reached the end of the game. Not to mention that Priscilla has a mount, uses EPIC ANIMA MAGIC over stinky light shit. If you want two healers, early promote Erk/Lucius or Canas and you'll be surprised by how useful they will be.

Canas was absolutely amazing in Eliwood normal  for me, but I fear that his levels of blessage were a one-time thing.

Serra wins out again'st Priscilla's speed but only because she joins at a lower level and actually gets a promotion bonus, their base speed is 8 and growth 40% (you're welcome btw, I gave you their growths)

Huh. I am prone to screwage of stats.

Don't worry, the mistake was healing with Serra anyways.

The mistake was not playing Eliwood normal...

What's up with the Merlinus hate btw?

It's a Reuben thing.

I love how you're giving character to my waifu ❤️ Using Serra is now forgiven, until I am reminded of it again of course :):
Well, I can't count on anyone else to stay alive, might as well make the one that I do know semi-endearing.
EDIT: Also I love how Rebecca needs "A proper healer" because Serra ain't (yes I know she warped away, I don't care)

I'll leave that up to interpretation.

Hey tis' my joke from Ruben's LP! Which in turn is a joke I took from Mekkah's commentary in Mangs' FE7 run, but honestly Eliwood god damn it!!!

To be honest, it could have been any lord any time.

You just out-did Oswin lol.

Flowery speech wins the day!

I'm always bothered with Erk being a moving green unit, he either charges towards the knight or to a soldier you maybe lured, but it's never a certainty... AGH!

I knew that Erk would die here; on Eliwood normal he usually got overconfident and charged Erik from the get-go. In HHM, with no units at all... Poor lad had no chance.

Every point of speed is like 2 more chapters he is an unstoppable beast for, normally he starts being less impressive after chapter 22 or so, still being able to kill unpromoted enemies but some will avoid being doubled, this point of speed, ranks him above like 25 more enemies in Elibe.

True enough. He's been pretty blessed so far, I think.

Most of FE7's map design is absolute garbage! Thanks for telling people this!

You are welcome!

Priscilla is an angel, what a beautiful unit that can heal unlike another healer.... AGH I've been reminded of Serra's healing.... okokokokok but think... ok Dorcas is cool! it sucks when he gets hit and Serra can't top him off... drat I can't distract myself from thinking about her!!.... well sorry bud but I remembered Serra, you will now not be forgiven for bringing her up next time I hear about her.

Cheatin' on Rebecca? I get it though, I need her to be good.

Now this reminds me of my Roy who has 10 strength at level 20, he's two points below on average, anyways point is, your Eliwood doubles which thank god because mine never did.

Eliwood was being doubled fairly consistently in 13x, actually. Nomads, mercs and Myrms all had a fair shot to double.

She's sixteen actually and she's so beautiful, your only healer for a long time too... right? ... yeah I think so.

Yeah, she is.

Yep, the bad thing is they are either found in the desert or in a secret shop and they're worth a lot!

The good thing is that I think I remember where the ocean seal is in the Desert map!

This is such spectacular writing... I feel bad for Dorcas, now Natalie will never see her husband again 😢

Spectacular...Just like Dorcas was.

Tactician My Dude is now angry.... wow!

Mangle the mutton and you get Mashed!

Oswin kills Mr. Elastic Myrmidon.

I love how over-the top the individual frames look. There's some interesting ones...

Oh here comes, time for everyone to say their one cheesy line, lol. It's a cliche but I like it.

Even though it's been done to the death, well, so have all tropes.

Also if this "Ellen" is FE6's reincarnation of Serra (Ah fuck I remembered her again!!!!!!!!) then her name is just "Elen" with one L

First Galle as Gale, now Elen as Ellen?! Cripes!

22 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like his dumb smile as he dies over and over.

Poor Merlinus...

Oh, absolutely. FE7 Merlinus is very one-note, but so is FE6's, and FE6's Merlinus is an insufferable one-note. So yeah. Hurray FE7. You did one thing better than your predecessor.

I like his supports with Nino.

By the way:

2vorna9r o
Oh no...

Is she going to drop dead right after she slaps him?

That is for me to know and you to find out!

That, and he's a good knight.

Well, yeah. The moment Oswin dies is the moment my heart does too. Unless he falls off.

This is a battle of intellectual titans. You cannot see or comprehend it, but within those great minds of their, an intense war is being fought. The subtle cues, the hidden pushes, the invisibles traps they place for one another... The inner machinations of their minds are an enigma.

Git dat milk outta here! This place is for Merlinus memes!

All I remember about FE7's rankings is that they're dumb. The funds thing apparently counts the combined value of all your items, or something like that. It's weird.

Ah, and I had a secret book. That makes vague sense now. I do kinda like it; my ego gets stroked but I can also see vaguely how well I'm doing.

He's still worse than he was in FE6. God, that was such a fun run.

Actually, your FE6 LP was what inspired me to make my own. Sitting in a rocking chair in the rocky mountains with a nice mug of hot chocolate with a Reubenio LP? Sublime.

I actually seem to remember that you don't ever get another wolf beil. Or maybe I'm confusing it with the reginleif.

I need a lot of Wolf Beils to Beil me out!

Oh, believe me, he looks good now, but when he takes almost as long as Roy to promote, Eliwood and his horse from 10 chapters ago will be looking a lot better.

Ehhhh.....If Eliwood's levels of suckage hadn't been this high, maybe. I still have hope for Lyn!

Speed is his lowest growth, so it's a fine level. Still, he's a long way from reaching his older self.

About 20 years, in fact.

You know, it's always baffled me how, of all people, they decided to give a backstory to the throwaway boss from chapter 4. If it was Orlo, I could understand, but Erik was so generic...

Orlo is too legendary to need a backstory. Now, Morgan...That would be funny.

I think the most disturbing part about this whole exchange is that the old man never reveals what became of his granddaughter.

It was probably Hannah, the fortune-teller. Or maybe this bloke's Nergal in disguise and it was Ninian. That's why she's the only non-promiscuous dancer in the series.

Most likely was abused to death.

Maybe Erik was influenced by his father's...Particular tastes and therefore allowed Narcian to take Clarine and ruin some people's lives when they made Clarisse.

Wait...Why didn't Darin just take Priscilla? He had no problems doing that to that dude's grandaughter!

Has even a single one of your units died for real at this point? You're making everyone either survive for some contrived reason, or turn out to be a literal goddess. Meanwhile, I made a plot point of utterly ruining Jerrot's life in every possible way.

Only Serra, Erk and Rebecca have been spared. But yeah, maybe too many.

...And also made a plot point of making Raigh depressed.

...Well, come to think about it, I did spare his wife's life. If I had let her die, I couldn't have justified him not commit suicide...

Why people bother deploying Juno is beyond me.

Much funnie.

I'm going to get a staff infection from all of these staff puns.

I must say, out of all the troubadours that are recruited in this map, my favorite is

The Last Promise's Emma. Yeah. 10 defense troubadour. That woman is absolutely incredible. I swear, that game had enough strange units to match TRS.

10 defense troubadour?! She might have survived a chapter if she were in this game!

How many children did you sacrifice for that!? I'm up to sixty and the RNGoddess still despises me...!

Eh. Always prefered Eliwood's critical animation. That is awesome.

Eliwood's crit animation is great! It's very dramatic.

Now he can't appear in Sword of Heaven and Earth. A shame, too. He's a great prepromote there.

If you're wondering, SoHaE is a japanese romhack. Bit of a fanfic of FE6, with Lyn's daughter as the protagonist. I can't read the story, but it features people like Lyn (obviously), Dayan, Renault, Kent and even Roy himself at one point. Dorcas (and his daughter) and Guy show up as playable characters, too. It's a fun hack. I'd call it the true spiritual successor to FE6.

The legacy of a Mutton has transcended FE canon.

Zlagxehg oMe, fail? Hah! Look who's talkin'! You clearly haven't looked in the mirror recently, have you?

Eyy, the provoker himself!

How's Christine?

Elbert! Who ordered you to provoke Benice? Get outta here!

Zlagxehg oBah... you're no fun, collarman.

Collarman, yes - and I'll have you know, I'd wear this collar with pride in real life if I could have it!

Zlagxehg oYeah, sure...

Oh right, Hector's random-ass defense map. That one was baffling, to say the least.

If I had a proper army right now, I'd like to not cheese it. I'm quite afraid, actually. I do generally like defense maps...Although the retreat maps in Berwick saga have vaguely soured it for me.

You know, I'm feeling tempted to go back and read the Lyn mode parts just to know what in the world is going on with all these characters.

Please don't...Spare yourself the agony of my LPing skills which were somehow even worse back then. Nino explained the plot fairly well, but I guess I'll give a slightly more in-depth explanation:

UwU.png?dl=0-This is Glass, who is essentially the lord unit. He is the throwaway boss from Ch. 2 of Lyn mode whom I elevated to become a protagonist. He initially swore revenge on My dude & co. for taking his gold and recruited Helen onto his side, deceiving her into believing that My dude was a bandit. Glass eventually leaves her behind because he is frustrated with her weakness. When he arrives in a town, he is mocked for his claims to be a legendary swordsman when Helen stands up for him. Determined to do the right thing, Glass recruited Captain Lawrence and Brunnya to aid him in a mission to stop bandits from destroying a town; Once that task was complete, Glass married Helen and settled down.

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0-This is Helen, an Elimine cleric. She initially believed Glass when he said that he was trying to stop bandits, but she caught on that not all was as it seemed; she then stood up for him, still believing him to be a good person.

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0-This is Captain Lawrence, a retired Ilian general. He has been married three times but lost all three of his wives to tragic accidents; he carries on through life with passion, determined to help people and die with his boots on. Has a dark, merciless side which seems to be provoked by thieves and bandits. Is Jerrot's combat trainer and uncle.

Smolya.png?dl=0-This is Brunnya. She wants to become a wyvern general of Bern to aid people and to get closer to prince Zephiel, whom she seems to view with great affection.

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0-This is Aegeas, a former wyvern knight of Bern and current captain of Etruria. Easygoing by nature, he is Ursula's husband and Galle's father. He helped in the attempt to save the village from bandits.

INHALES.png?dl=0-This is Lauris, Canas' wife and Hugh's mother. Much like her husband, she adores studying and knowledge; she suffered a grievous wound in the battle to save the village and was unable to accompany Canas to the dread isle. She is very polite and reserved unless she is in the presence of those who have earned her trust, to whom she is more outgoing.

OY%20VEY.png?dl=0Ursula of the four fangs, (but shh, none of the other guys bar Aegeas know!) Aegeas' wife and Galle's mother. Cold and unfeeling, her motives remain mysterious. Saved the life of Eagler, (the boss of chapter 9) after his battle with Lyn.

Yoink.png?dl=0-This is Swift, the daughter of Eagler. Lundgren hired a mercenary to capture her and punish her if Eagler did not listen to his orders; was saved in the nick of time by Captain Lawrence. She is bright, cheerful, chivalrous and forgiving and wants to be a knight above all else, although her ideals frequently clash with the reality of being a knight.

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0-Marlowe, an orphan and former beggar from Etruria. He was abandoned by his parents and was not taken in by any orphanages, surviving only by doing Mercenary work. He eventually got enough money to by food and shelter every night. He liked the security of being sheltered, so he began to take on more and more amoral jobs, eventually resulting in him being hired to punish the daughter of Eagler to exert a hold on him. He opted to take the Darin method but was stopped by Lawrence, who attempted to behead him until Swift saved him. He realized how he had lost his humanity and is seeking to reconcile with all of those he had wronged. Loathes himself and is terribly lonely, but wants a family above all else.

bJh57Jk.png?1This is Rick Astley. He's never gonna give you up, let you down, run around or desert you.

...Yeah, that's a big info dump. Most of it won't matter.

I sparked it. And I stand by my claims. FE6 Merlinus is the worst.

Maybe not the worst, but he's down there...

In the modern FE6 translation, Ellen already is called Elen. R.I.P.

I CAN NEVER GET THE LOCALIZATION NAMES RIGHT!!

21 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I was hoping for a little more, but oh well. Funny you mention the Myrmidon doubling, as that was always one of the big turning points of what strategy I would take on this map, as if he was doubled I would abandon the north entirely, carrying Merlinus with us to the south.

Ah, apologies. My brain fizzled out after the fifth attempt, resulting in an incoherent mess of screenshots. I actually beat it because Hector came up one point of damage short of taking out a stump with a handaxe; I remembered that Pallies are broken and can use axes in FE7 and 6, which allowed me to use Dorcas and Bartre more effectively.

That is some top tier Metal Gear writing you have going there

Hideo Kojima would be proud.

Pfft...Why do so many characters do this? Even Ward doesn't escape it!

...You do, but it comes around chapter 30, so much too late to be of much use.

I'm giving the devs a beilful look right now. Chapter 30?! Well, helpful for whatever you have left.

Good Luck, Talons Alight will be tricky with so few units. I hope Priscilla lives through that, as someone that once limped all the way to chapter 19 with my last healer dead on this chapter (and like you will, missing the first Guiding Ring) it is a real struggle, and with this being a soft ironman you would have to limp all the way to 20 before its even possible to use staves again (assuming you can recruit Legault). While I doubt this is a good idea, I will note that if you do manage to kill the boss you both stop reinforcement, and get a dracoshield.

If I didn't deploy Eliwood, I would send Oswin down to solo the map, but alas, LP rule.

Back to the bench with you!

You're not using Elbert? I wasn't either until I realized that I could stop Minas from killing the only three units she hadn't yet killed with Provoke. Now he's a staple on my team. It helps that he's been Def-blessed.

21 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Well I mean, her japanese name is romanized ad "Eren" and R's and L's are sort of the same in japanese, so "Elen" that does make me wonder how you get "Ellen" by romanizing though, maybe "Elruren" since Us are kinda silent? I dunno.

Ergh...Point is that I goofed. Imagine that Ellen is Elen, K?

I mean yeah, I get the hate... poor Merlinus, he has a nice mustache.

Aye...Poor man. Loathed by all. And he was nice to Nino too...

oh my... lols

21 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

It's Benice's side story, after Glass got mocked for being "So great" and having like 4 skill lol. So then Glass meets Helen and they travel together under the pretext of fighting bandits, Helen learns that Glass was a bandit but Glass seeks redemption and Helen helps him do that. They end up recruiting several characters like former General Lawrence of Etruria (I think this is an OC), Brunnya, Canas and her wife, etc. At the end of Lyn mode, Benice made a map involving these characters where they liberate a town from bandits. And afterwards Glass marries Helen, and I think you know the rest by this point.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

(Sorry for doublepost, I can't edit and quote someone)

Been there. Many times.

20 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Canonically survives but OK If Bartre was smartre, he wouldn't have joined you. 

Bigbrain Bartre would have worked more on speed before joining!

Shouldn't have shErked his age training. 

He really shouldn't have. Dude, you're not Sigurd or Ephraim, you aren't taking down an army with just yourself. Think of Priscilla, man!

Mutton. Laugh. 

Bah! Other than Lowen's, I think Dorcas' death hurt me the most.

5 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Well, Ruben got his wish. Six times over.

He'll probably get it every chapter.

And Sain hit on a toaster.

Dangit, someone read the Lyn mode part! Abort! Abort the mission! I beseech you!

No he's fine. Despite being blind and diabetic, he's pretty damn solid.

Good.

I'll take the compliment, but I know the moment I'm the centre of focus I'm going to screw things up massively. Call it nerves. Or the desire to push for units I haven't used before.

The Roger the Paladin tried his hand at being the Roger the Tactician-let's play X game!

Ah. Dart I can see. Also Jaffar can kind of easily get screwed if you're not careful. More so on higher difficulties.

He's got no chance. I haven't decided if I want to cheese the chapter yet.

What a twist.

Very convienient for Oswin too.

You know someone's bad when Hector can't stand them for being a brash buffoon when that's the exact way people see Hector. Probably helped him grow up a bit actually.

Perhaps; on Eliwood mode, this is where he stops talking in favor of Lyn, so I'm not too sure. I just know that I disliked him as a character.

You know, Eliwood's unnecessary questions literally make this moron spill the beans on his trap. Maybe Eliwood developed them as a method of drawing out hostility into the open? Who needs Merlinus to point out traps when the traps expose themselves? Actually when I think about it, that's possibly why Merlinus sees traps everywhere. He watched Eliwood do this so often he thought he could copy him, but had none of the finesse of provocation. So he just starts screaming about traps.

I guess Erik is so used to getting the gals easily that he thought he could do it with Eliwood.

Interesting that was one of the smartest things he could have done there. Forces them to both focus on them and the possibility of an incoming attack from Ostia, as opposed to focusing on one or the other.

I liked that moment; it did seem like he had paid a bit of attention in court.

It counts the value of items in the inventory.

Which means that I'll be down to one star because I sold it for axes...

There is, but from memory it was in the cave where you  get Armads..

"Yo, guys, when would it be helpful to put great Prf weapon replacements?"

"We should put it in the cave where the get the legendary weapon that is godlike."

"Brilliant! I'm doing it."

Man, my last Hector was molasses until he promoted. Then again, my last Eliwood kept levelling defense until he was tanky as Hector.

It's a good thing that this hector was blessed because I'm sure that everyone else is gonna die.

Honestly, what lord isn't better than Roy in some way, shape or form? I mean barring Smash Bros.

Roy is cuter with Lilina than Byleth is with just about anyone? Heck, Roy's better with most of his Harem than Byleth.

Another thing people like (ok I like) about Hector. He has some great animations.

The only one I dislike is the crit since it's almost exactly the same as the regular. Better than Promoted!Eirika's, but not by much.

Darin and Erik are literally the FE7 knock-off of Slaver. Kidnapping young girls. It's just, you know, they don't use milk and there's two of them.

Maybe they DO use milk! It is never confirmed that they don't! Priscilla is a pure maiden and will only drink water; everything else is too strong for her palette.

Yes. Not that you'll need many, what with Dart being the only one.

I WANT A DEDICATED AXE USER! I'VE TAKEN ONE FIGHTER TO ENDGAME, AND IT WAS LOT! I WANT TO BRING ONE! And I really like berserkers. I'd imagine that Dart could become terrifying barring screwage. Or me failing to recruit him.

And that's a 7th Merlinus death. Can we get a counter?

Shoot, I knew I forgot something!

No, but he will be giving it to Oswin. Weird.

It's weird how only certain enemies drop weapons. Maybe most of them say "psyche! Not gettin' your hands on this vendor trash! YEET!" and break their weapons.

Well, R.I.P. Natalie's husband, and medicine.

He will be missed. Non top-tier MVP for me in the first half of the game. Blast! I wanted to reward him for how great he was with survival, but I guess not.

Out of context snippet.

It hurts my eyes when there's too many screenshots in a row, K?

I just realized how poetic my joke about Eliwood deliberately baiting out hostility into the open by provoking people with inane questions was. Damn it Berwick. Now the joke is layered.

Eliwood definitely learned from the best.

In Binding Blade Merlinus is in a state where everything's a potential trap. Handy for surviving. Horrible for conversation. But alas due to perma-death, you have to put up with it all game. Hence running gag.

Imagine if Merlinus could tell you when ambush spawns would show up?

"LORD ROY, GET AWAY FROM THAT STAIR! IT'S A TRAP! TSK!"

...Never mind, he'd just say it randomly every turn anyways.

And then they all kissed and got super-trapped.

Oh my...

Not in Eliwood's story. Having checked, I'm right. It is in the chapter where you get Armads... catch being that's Chapter 30. But there's two of them. One in a chest and one dropped by a fighter.

Convenience 100. But at least they'll mostly last 'til endgame, and even then, the way Hector's going, it will be helpful for Uhai.

GenErik

Matthew, Dorcas, Lowen, sort of Guy if you count him. I mean, Bartre survives by the game so not his fault. Rebecca... well she should have been like Bartre. So Serra and Erk are the exceptions by the look of it. Unless Erk dies for real later like certain units in Binding Blade who survived for plot reasons.

Does Erk die? It appears that my attempts to create consistency between the two games have failed. I think I'll keep Erk's role as it is, though.

I keep forgetting you missed Ruben's Tear Ring Saga.

You sort of can. You quote, highlight the quote, copy it, start editting, and paste it into the other. No idea if it works normally in alerting them though. Watch. I'll do it with Pengauis.

The update:

Spoiler

e7qVU6L.png7zy4jar.png3fR912d.png0ryfkzD.png3ccGiQk.png

LzbcFMo.png

Helllo.png?dl=0It's been almost a month and My dude still hasn't arrived! If he doesn't arrive next week...I'll go find him myself.

Oh ho! Defense map! I usually love these! However, if The Peddler Merlinus was bad with two more people...I fear for this one.

...And I also see no reason why it's called Talons Alight. I think I once heard that it was because Eubans' nickname was mistanslated?

M8QxQTT.pngUsfGkmD.pngN1uheSa.pngdGxEQaA.pngIFPwP07.png1NTPZzk.pnge1P5Tl7.png

NO! NOT YOU TOO, HECTOR!

padtcy1.pngWuoRCdN.png

But that's not a problem at all, since nobody seems concerned in the slightest.

SDWaG39.pngdLr2T6I.png5xq6fKc.pngkOrGNG1.pngOHvaKYk.pngIBeogJa.pngF5DGTPu.pngMonLBqZ.png

THE MAP:

Rnk15H.webp?dl=0

Those two chests hurt to look at.

Erm, anyways, this chapter is going to be dang near impossible if I bring everyone. Well, Eliwood and Priscilla. Everyone else would probably be ok. I don't think I'm gonna go for the boss, but he does drop a dragonshield, which would be great on Eliwood or Priscilla.

But first, more text!

tdifAzV.png

Hello there, Heath. I guess I'll have to use you since I was asked. I apologize for killing you in advance. Unless your bonuses are godlike.

jh8M2At.pngBOH0vAF.pngt5hJj0M.png8AUgjcY.pngqRAqYJ9.pngYsADYNF.pngZxr9yqd.pngH6gACop.pnge8Gv6Jn.png

Wh-why didn't Eubans come himself? At least say "He has something else to do." It's not good, but it's something! And leaving after losing the element of surprise in a castle which you successfully breached also isn't too smart. If you bothered to break in, may as well TRY to finish the job! And how did Hector even manage to miss a massive army go into the castle?! I'll hope that there's a secret passage or something for times like this. Or because Hector's army is so small that we can't keep watch properly.

Anyways, some trading, etc. A hammer would have been nice for this chapter, actually, because Hector comes up a tad short on ORKO'ing knights.

qhK6m08.pngO9ssY2p.pngEaeXIpC.png

E1oEzAl.png8FHrn2G.pnge4gIWBz.pngxpBzkQX.png

Oswin has no troubles dealing with the soldiers. How did I even manage to get a half-flashbang?! AURGHH!

JSGQL07.pngBA8MD8B.png

Marcus...

q4csZKq.pngmreSXQh.png

Better!

MY85GFB.pngJEwKjUD.png

Why are soldiers so pathetic?! HE HAS FIVE AS! SHE SHOULD NOT DOUBLE!

XnIRmwz.pngBR7utoR.png

Hector starts to chip away at that armor knight so that Eliwood can cower in the corner while fighting the other one.

Lo46kjI.png

He can damage it! I may not have much time left to train him, so I'd best dump some exp into him!

jwnrQz6.png

Please just don't die on enemy phase.

01BB5LK.pngqGJDMas.pngcB4Oga3.png

Ergh. I mean, speed is good. But defense or strength, please! You're making me want to break the All lords must be deployed rule!

oICFYzr.png

Sigh...

All right, another Eliwood reset. That makes it four. He's catching up to Merlinus, a civilian who gets ORKO'd by literally everything on the map!

Anyways, I'll take another shot at getting Marcus to hit the nomad and send Eliwood to deal with the mage's side. Priscilla will be able to safely back him up.

4ByP29F.pngePZwwyH.png

Oswin is reliably doubling on this map. Good gravy...

0vh3kt8.pngiRrU9op.png

Finally, a soldier with 1 AS!

wAVM1Jg.png

You are a saucy boy, merc!

sMfA8Oy.png

I forgot to equip Marcus with the hand axe...

sOFGWa5.pngsii5RV7.pngtol542h.pngBE5pFRd.png

And this time Eliwood won't be dying on turn 2!

lAf8HvV.pngZ9psgIi.png

Man, you three are awesome! If only Eliwood could emulate you...

lu00FQJ.png

Eliwood! You can't kill a mage with your Prf weapon?! Dude! Sharpen up!

d76YW0M.pngQk5TPPY.png

Ergh...Maybe on enemy phase.

Jvf015P.png

Guess not!

tYGGDyf.pngPUQ5QMs.png

ttNdiZD.png

Gah! Eliwood got hit by a flashbang!

xXWyNLC.pngTlp0P5v.pngGopGqCm.pngRLhG89g.pngsk2Q22p.png

AAAHHH! OKAY ELIWOOD... CALM DOWN... PRISCILLA'S THERE FOR YOU...

VRDQIFP.png

Oswin, you don't know how beautiful that looks compared to Eliwood.

Heanjjq.png

Thank goodness for Priscilla!

wzVi6MO.pngF77qGnV.pngkPVKGSk.png1n8ZGqt.pngGY0ERp2.pnguq9vtWq.png

The boys at the bottom keep stomping these enemies while Eliwood tries not to die.

TwMzHWG.pngwewIk5Z.png

...He's not doing very well at it.

HbjzniM.png

Cripes, there goes the wall! I should be able to stop the enemies on the bottom with just Oswin and Hector, so Marcus is on fighter duty!

RrnssIj.pngHrXMIf1.pngaQFSjHD.pngcL5nENZ.png6vDe4nj.png

Here's a random picture of the boss.

Fu7N85k.png

I want that dragonshield so much...But he is rather tough to kill and Eliwood is needing all the help he can get just to stay alive.

RbgbIi4.png

Aha! Perfect! These guys have garbo hitrates!

Gyq2Cv7.pngU4wMyYc.pngq9GwbIL.png

Dangit, Marcus. But you didn't miss, at least.

uxZNNgY.pngnj0civp.png

Toast!

HfYSIde.png3GlGhBK.png

Toast!

1eOHBPe.png

Bah! Eliwood!

nSeyLC2.png8dSeOZo.png2KscPwW.pngWEW8Ymi.png

ELIWOOD!!!!

1tC88C0.png

You're lucky that Priscilla is nice.

4B7JGWc.pngztOLzvo.png6wcQo3V.png6LAZ51v.png

OKAY WOW THAT COULD HAVE BEEN BAD.

j5BxhUO.png

Marcus, really?

GAydyJL.png

MARCUS, REALLY?!

x9Wkxbq.png

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

xLwfhjX.png

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I GOT MARCUS KILLED AGAIN!! No bringing him back this time...

CHdYfpH.png

Thank god Oswin exists.

7PUhQMa.pngHLtV2mI.pngBH4bU8o.pngqbkep9h.png

That...Went about as badly as that enemy phase could have. Priscilla is going to GTFO, so Eliwood's gonna rely on his vulneraries.

yjwO7Vi.pngZyAiaAr.png

Hector will Protect her!

BV2Om2j.pngW3tnhQf.png3vcIkpa.png

I must stop that mage as it could very well kill Priscilla.

B7tUhgT.png

That works too.

qty26Zp.pngp9yCimi.pngQGLO4iE.pngvpH0DHQ.pngZyGe6hU.pngrdK2kHm.png

JhRVcLB.png

Oswin continues to prove himself worthy of a knight's crest.

4EZ8XVZ.png

...While Eliwood continues to prove himself worthy of the bench.

kNCpaN8.png

Okay, I am not doing this chapter without Marcus. Y'know what? SCREW THE ALL LORDS MUST BE DEPLOYED RULE! SHOW 'EM WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF, HECTOR!

vHdW5oX.png

I accidentally deployed Merlinus. Sorry. Nothing personal.

lf3EosX.pngrt65kUj.pngnbAmnsH.pngEywZt2V.png7JqPJ7G.png4ptswLz.png

OH NO TWO DAMAGE WHATEVER WILL I DO?!

YiFn5gr.pngMsPbNSX.pngNHkKW46.pngslFShNf.pngqZqBdz8.pngYvqR6On.png

ZOOM ZOOM!

jL8O0i5.pnggfzL8sx.pnggrSL34A.pngCEiPQlK.pngO6lIBlj.pngk5iBxHv.pngnP2p8R8.pngdc8iB45.png

*Sniff* It...It's beautiful. Hector going full Henning mode!

t5VzvZf.png6hPe0NJ.pngM3LSFjm.pngEYEaNyw.pnguRpwKW7.pngx8A6KtL.pngG21u6Ou.png

I think you guys get the idea.

5OM9kol.png

HECTOR FEARS NO MAN! HE CAN DOUBLE NOMADS NOW!!!!

yWhEmHv.png

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! ZOOOOOM ZOOOM! WHO NEEDS LYN?! I HAVE HECTOR!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x0fpHXg.pngSbY23kd.png

And no wonder, Hector is a madman!

BtQADdh.pngdRxiakK.pngNNJ59Lr.pngCFEv4tG.pngY3cydD8.pngnYMYkVS.pngt1ZHPIj.pngpnWfFqZ.pngNkPTsrZ.pngHd4a4v2.pnglyduVyI.pngtE7lDnp.png

Oh man...I think I've already broken every rule of the LP, but it was worth it. Marcus will be missed, but I have Hector!

Next time, we get five more units! Here's hoping that Kent, Sain, Wil, Florina and you guys have a great week!

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

???

Discharged/killed pre-reset.

Dishonorably spared

RESET COUNT:

RESET COUNT: Hector x 1

Lyn x 2

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 5

Merlinus x 6

Merlinus deaths as a merchant: 3

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

MY85GFB.pngJEwKjUD.png

She? Oswin are you hiding something?

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

lu00FQJ.png

Eliwood! You can't kill a mage with your Prf weapon?. Dude! Sharpen up!

Chill, its not like he has the Nothung or anything, its just a rapier.

Also you should make a rule where units that die before a reset must be killed that chapter/never be used again.

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

xLwfhjX.png

Marcus, more like Carcus. 

47 minutes ago, Benice said:

5OM9kol.png

LIKE I GIVE A SHIT

50 minutes ago, Benice said:

Canas was absolutely amazing in Eliwood normal  for me, but I fear that his levels of blessage were a one-time thing.

So Canas:
In short, his speed and con get him to be pretty meh, by doing a bit of damage and that's it. But his promotion (which is easy to do since he joins being level 7) gives him +3 Speed and +1 Con which means that with FLux he basically has +4 AS now and will double most things ever. His speed growth is 30% so it's a bit weird but it's enough with Canas' insane promotion anyways.
Watch this video, this guy is very good and explaining units: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ojWi2kph8

54 minutes ago, Benice said:

True enough. He's been pretty blessed so far, I think.

And you would be right! He starts out with 11 speed and you've only given him 2 levels. His growth is 25% for Speed, his highest growths are HP and Skill at 60%.

57 minutes ago, Benice said:

Cheatin' on Rebecca? I get it though, I need her to be good.

Nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono. You misunderstood me! That's all, I'm merely stating the facts, Rebecca will always be the cuter one for me, god her god damn eyes are so precious but you didn't hear me say that.

59 minutes ago, Benice said:

Eliwood was being doubled fairly consistently in 13x, actually. Nomads, mercs and Myrms all had a fair shot to double.

That's what happens to 7 base and 45% growth. Myrmidons in HHM have 11 base speed I think, so that's why. Nomads always had like 9 or 10 speed iirc so unless he was using a steel sword somehow..?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

The good thing is that I think I remember where the ocean seal is in the Desert map!

You're so stubborn to look up this crap, where Merlinus spawns on that map, the ocean seal is in the two spaces to his right, and the ones below those two.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

1NTPZzk.pnge1P5Tl7.png

NO! NOT YOU TOO, HECTOR!

In this case though, I'm fine with this type of writing, like he's probably wondering "Mercenaries, why them? Why not just their soldiers?" rather than Eliwoo-ing everything for clarification if he heard right.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Unless your bonuses are godlike.

"No Nino, stop cheating and telling me the stats! I'm playing how the devs wanted"

"Hehe, <20% speed, 40% resistance> hee hee"

His most notable bonus his that his base speed goes from 7 to 9, which sounds awful but with a few levels and an early-ish promotion it gets him doubling just fine, even if not he still has 13 Str (from 11) so he can do decent damage, more so in his joining chapter since most enemies have reaver weapons and he will have an advantage against axe users, which he can probably double... so he can kill very easily like that, hopefully get speed and weeeee Heath kils stuff!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

How did I even manage to get a half-flashbang?! AURGHH!

This screenshot is actually quite-fascinating...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

JEwKjUD.png

Oswin is Os-woman????????

1 hour ago, Benice said:

cB4Oga3.png

Ergh. I mean, speed is good. But defense or strength, please! You're making me want to break the All lords must be deployed rule!

Oooh 11 Speed!! I wish he had that much at this level, he is 2 points in speed blessed I think and doubling is alway so nice. But yeah, he doubles a bunch of things now, so give my man Strength. Eliwood! Do push-ups!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

1eOHBPe.png

Bah! Eliwood!

Classical Eliwood. Either doubles and is 1 Str short of killing, or is 1 speed of doubling, or he lacks both like in this image.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

j5BxhUO.png

Marcus, really?

GAydyJL.png

MARCUS, REALLY?!

x9Wkxbq.png

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

So the chance of all of those hitting you was like 12.5% or something... Wow! But combine that with the 33% hand axe from way back and I think it's like 4% or something.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Actually, your FE6 LP was what inspired me to make my own. Sitting in a rocking chair in the rocky mountains with a nice mug of hot chocolate with a Reubenio LP? Sublime.

Ahah, well, I'm glad you feel that way! Funnily enough, I too was inspired by another LPer here, almost three years ago. We've come full circle, folks.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

allowed Narcian to take Clarine and ruin some people's lives when they made Clarisse

That makes so much sense, wow.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

...And also made a plot point of making Raigh depressed.

Oh yeah, I literally murdered all of his few friends. That was fun.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

10 defense troubadour?! She might have survived a chapter if she were in this game!

TLP has a ton of unique units. Like the light mage dancer Lord who promotes 10 chapters after his recruitment to gain staves and innate Renewal. Or the knight who gets by far the best availability in the game and becomes a pseudo-jeigan for it. Or, again, the tanky trobadour. Or the general Gotoh.

I recommend you check out the hack if you never have. It's a wild ride, and the dumb things in the story only make it more entertaining, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

This is Captain Lawrence

So then he isn't General Lawrence. Damn... The search continues.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I guess I'll have to use you since I was asked. I apologize for killing you in advance. Unless your bonuses are godlike.

Even if he lives, that hair makes him aesthetically deceased from the get-go.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

SHE SHOULD NOT DOUBLE!

I'm in bed right now, otherwise you can bet I'd make an edit. Hmm. Perhaps tomorrow. Stay tuned.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

VRDQIFP.png

Oswin, you don't know how beautiful that looks compared to Eliwood.

Benice, I welcome you to the wonderful world of armor knights. They may be slow, but boy are they a relief to watch.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

xLwfhjX.png

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I GOT MARCUS KILLED AGAIN!! No bringing him back this time...

Wow. I'm honestly kinda impressed! This isn't easy to pull off.

Also, I'm disappointed you didn't comment on Eliwood's hilarious "Marcus? MARCUS!!" scream afterwards.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

JhRVcLB.png

Oswin continues to prove himself worthy of a knight's crest.

4EZ8XVZ.png

...While Eliwood continues to prove himself worthy of the bench.

Alas, so fleeting, a knight's speed...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

yWhEmHv.png

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! ZOOOOOM ZOOOM! WHO NEEDS LYN?! I HAVE HECTOR!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A shame about the Roy-tier promotion. Nearly as late, gains swords which are useless on him, and no movement. Formidable.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I think I've already broken every rule of the LP, but it was worth it.

Where have I seen this before.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Funnily enough, I too was inspired by another LPer here, almost three years ago.

Who was that LPer?

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

TLP has a ton of unique units. Like the light mage dancer Lord who promotes 10 chapters after his recruitment to gain staves and innate Renewal. Or the knight who gets by far the best availability in the game and becomes a pseudo-jeigan for it. Or, again, the tanky trobadour. Or the general Gotoh.

Don't forget the “Mage Killer" wyvern rider, and the “special" bowman, and the berserker with hidden lethality, not to mention the Seth Lord and his shounen protagonist son. 

I should probably replay TRS soon

Edited by Pengaius

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Not that you'll need many, what with Dart being the only one.

I WANT A DEDICATED AXE USER! I'VE TAKEN ONE FIGHTER TO ENDGAME, AND IT WAS LOT! I WANT TO BRING ONE! And I really like berserkers. I'd imagine that Dart could become terrifying barring screwage. Or me failing to recruit him.

I mean there is always Hector and Hawkeye...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Heanjjq.png

Thank goodness for Priscilla!

...That place is a bit precarious as she can be attacked at range

1 hour ago, Benice said:

1eOHBPe.png

Bah! Eliwood!

Another dangerous maneuver as he will now kill enemy phase and take an extra hit.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

xLwfhjX.png

I have had Marcus die here as well. Its a tricky chapter if you are low on units, or you have rotten luck.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

5OM9kol.png

HECTOR FEARS NO MAN! HE CAN DOUBLE NOMADS NOW!!!!

I guess that works.With one more combat unit alive I think you could have pulled it off without cheese, but you were stretched just a little too thin at this point. There might have been a way of doing it the more normal way with your team, with Eliwood being one of the three holding the main corridor, but you would have to be very careful that he can't kill anything on enemy phase, and when the axes break through the wall you would probably need Eliwood to hold the breach with WTA.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

Gotta go fast!

That realization we're in the middle of Ramadan, so people are legitimately having to go fast. What a timely title.

Git dat milk outta here! This place is for Merlinus memes!

Someone should use that as an explanation of Kaga's inner mind.

I need a lot of Wolf Beils to Beil me out!

If they were a food you'd be Wolfing them down.

Or maybe this bloke's Nergal in disguise and it was Ninian. That's why she's the only non-promiscuous dancer in the series.

Was Olivia though? I mean she was advised to flirt with people... then again she can marry Chrom by force after one map if Sumia's taken. Yep. Okay. That's a strike against her.

. In HHM, with no units at all... Poor lad had no chance.

Keeping Erk alive is tough at the best of times. It just Erks me how bad his A.I. is. Even training him in Lyn mode can't save him from A.I. stupidity.

Darin just take Priscilla? He had no problems doing that to that dude's grandaughter!

Darin and Erik probably alternate abductions to keep the castle from getting crowded.... man I like to hammer these two for being scumbags. Erik probably got hired to help Narcian in FE6 because he had decades of experience.

First Galle as Gale, now Elen as Ellen?! Cripes!

I sense L theft. Shades of Erga.

Juno why Ruben did. He loves bad units.

Pfft...Why do so many characters do this? Even Ward doesn't escape it!

By having the protagonist be clueless, they don't know anything that the player doesn't. That way the game can treat the character like they haven't paid attention to anything in case the player is legitimately not paying attention. So basically, the protagonist is a moron who knows nothing about their world so the player never has to feel like one. But in any case where the player does pay attention it becomes somewhere between irritating and hilarious.

"Yo, guys, when would it be helpful to put great Prf weapon replacements?"

"We should put it in the cave where the get the legendary weapon that is godlike."

"Brilliant! I'm doing it."

To be fair, you don't get to use Armads until a bit after, because Athos takes it from memory. Speaking of legendary weapons, why the hell did Durandal weigh so much in this game? It's not like Eliwood could use it efficiently.

Roy is cuter with Lilina than Byleth is with just about anyone? Heck, Roy's better with most of his Harem than Byleth.

Byleth does however have the ability to turn into a dedicated healer if totally screwed, and does kind of function as a jeigan early game... in that they take forever to advance in weapon ranks because they don't have weekly bonuses like everyone else, so you get to the good abilities far slower.

Dart does have hit-rate issues from memory of the time I used him. I have taken a lot of axe infantry to endgame. Barst, Cord and Darros in Shadow Dragon (but never Bord because 10% speed growth), Lot, Wade and Gonzales in Binding Blade,  every axe infantry not named Geitz (or if counting heroes and Generals, Wallace, Raven and Harken) in FE7 (got to get to him one day), I've used anyone not named Marisa, Myrrh or Syrene between runs of Sacred Stones and they aren't axe users anyway, Path of Radiance the only "axe users" I've not used are cavalry who can gain it as a second weapon after promotion, specifically Astrid and Malakov. Radiant Dawn I've only really taken mounted axes to endgame with the exception of Nolan. Awakening, I have never seriously used Basillio, Flavia, Libra or any of the DLC characters as yet. Notably for axes  that means Basillio, Walhart and Libra. Arguably Priam too. Then there's Fates. Barring Izana, Fuga and Peri I've used all the first gen characters. Barely touch the second genners though. Three Houses... I can't say I ever used Cyril properly, as I could never get him to the point he wasn't a liability. Only one in the whole cast I can say that about. Haven't touched the DLC so I haven't used the Ashen Wolves, and was done with the game by the point Jeritza came out so he's seen absolutely zero use. Notably, I've barely used existing axe infantry in New Mystery, preferring to put My Unit through a mix of fighter/knight/beserker to turn them into an unstoppable force, or reclassing in general. So one day I really need to for my claim.

It hurts my eyes when there's too many screenshots in a row, K?

I just wanted to put that into an out of context because I found it funnier that way.

Imagine if Merlinus could tell you when ambush spawns would show up?

"LORD ROY, GET AWAY FROM THAT STAIR! IT'S A TRAP! TSK!"

...Never mind, he'd just say it randomly every turn anyways.

It'd almost justify him being like that. Until he started doing it on when there were no ambush spawns incoming, and it went back from "helpful" to "irritating". Come to think of it, he probably is saying it every turn, and it's just being drowned out by the sound of battle. Or it's distracting everyone and that's why FE6 has lower hitrates than every other GBA Fire Emblem.

Does Erk die? It appears that my attempts to create consistency between the two games have failed. I think I'll keep Erk's role as it is, though.

Erk definitely dies normally.
https://youtu.be/mqH1biySLB4
Actually, here's a video guide as to who lives, who dies, and who inexplicably dies when they shouldn't (Rebecca). That apparently youtube doesn't allow to be embedded.

MY85GFB.pngJEwKjUD.png

Soldiers are FE's goombas. That's why you don't really get playable ones barring Nephenee and Aran.

4ByP29F.pngePZwwyH.png

Oswin is reliably doubling on this map. Good gravy...

That's why he's OsWIN. He's a knight that can actually double between decent speed base, decent speed growth, and laughable enemy speeds.

xLwfhjX.png

Damn. Well at least we know he cannot die canonically.

vHdW5oX.png

I accidentally deployed Merlinus. Sorry. Nothing personal.

There's never a reason not to. At worst he retreats, at best he levels.

t5VzvZf.png6hPe0NJ.pngM3LSFjm.pngEYEaNyw.pnguRpwKW7.pngx8A6KtL.pngG21u6Ou.png

I think you guys get the idea.

Another reason people like Hector. How many lords can pull this off? Mind thrones are like that.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd prefer if it didn't. Can't endorse that even with Clarine.

Also sort of had his brother survive and die later. So it wasn't quite sparing him.

Let's not forget, you showed Tear Ring as being post FE 6. This is FE 7, years earlier than either by that account.

Kind of like a skunk's tail isn't it? Definitely stinks.

I'm in bed right now, otherwise you can bet I'd make an edit. Hmm. Perhaps tomorrow. Stay tuned.

This better not be Serra's face on Oswin. I always used to imagine that Oswin was Wendy and Bors father and Serra the mother. Which was why the pair of them were inferior. Watered down genes. Also Wendy's hair.

Not as much effort as my usual songs, but it's not like I wrote it.

Edited by The Roger The Paladin

9 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Who was that LPer?

@epilepsyduck's Sword of Heaven and Earth LP was the one that inspired me to start my own thing here, though I'd liked screenshot LPs for a long time by then. A shame the guy's been inactive for a while now. If you're reading this, stay strong!

9 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Don't forget the “Mage Killer" wyvern rider, and the “special" bowman, and the berserker with hidden lethality, not to mention the Seth Lord and his shounen protagonist son. 

Yeah, as I said, plenty of pretty awesome units.

Wait-- TRS? Okay, yeah, you probably should, but... I don't think that's the acronym you intended to use here, Butterman.

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

This better not be Serra's face on Oswin. I always used to imagine that Oswin was Wendy and Bors father and Serra the mother. Which was why the pair of them were inferior. Watered down genes. Also Wendy's hair.

Hmmm... That's a good idea, but no.

Opq6oird o

There we go. That's good enough, I think. Sheena's TGC artwork is better than Heroes's, how did that happen...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait-- TRS? Okay, yeah, you probably should, but... I don't think that's the acronym you intended to use here, Butterman.

Ah, whoopsie daisy. Though I should definitely play TRS when I get something that can emulate it stably, TLP still needs its replay at some point. 

2 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Notably, I've barely used existing axe infantry in New Mystery, preferring to put My Unit through a mix of fighter/knight/beserker to turn them into an unstoppable force, or reclassing in general. So one day I really need to for my claim.

You should: Barst, Bord, and Cord have an axey boy triangle attack that you get access to on chapter 5. I legitimately used all of them axey boys and their triangle attack all the way into the late-game on H2.

12 hours ago, Benice said:

She is part of a triangle attack...

I like triangle attacks...

23 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Ah, whoopsie daisy. Though I should definitely play TRS when I get something that can emulate it stably, TLP still needs its replay at some point. 

PS1 doesn't seem to me like it should be so difficult. Mednafen is a pretty awesome emulator. It's only flaw is that it doesn't have a UI, but there are addons for that, like Medlaunch.

Whenever you do play TRS, be sure to send some screenshots of Arkis's journey to greatness. Pfah.

Anyway, I've played TLP twice, and I probably will play it again. That game is so much fun, bad story or no. I mean, how can you not love a game where one of the lords is the dancer?

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

PS1 doesn't seem to me like it should be so difficult. Mednafen is a pretty awesome emulator. It's only flaw is that it doesn't have a UI, but there are addons for that, like Medlaunch.

I only emulate on phone Ruben. 

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Whenever you do play TRS, be sure to send some screenshots of Arkis's journey to greatness. Pfah.

Oh absolutely, imma turn him into a GOD. 

32 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

When it's Fates:Revelation? (I mean, Azura may as well be a lord)

Hah! Blazer did it first! You've no idea how satisfying that feels to say. Kaga would be proud!

11 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

...why, tho? I mean, I get the appeal of playing old games in your phone rather than the garbo that's made specifically for phones, but why only on phone? What's the need for the restriction, Butterman?

12 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

You wish! Eugen's going to behead him, and he'll be worse than Kreiss again!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...why, tho? I mean, I get the appeal of playing old games in your phone rather than the garbo that's made specifically for phones, but why only on phone? What's the need for the restriction, Butterman?

Don't own a computer, cant run anything big. 

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

he'll be worse than Kreiss again!

Oh probably, but where's the fun in using good units amirite

1 minute ago, Pengaius said:

Oh, I never knew. Sorry.

1 minute ago, Pengaius said:

Oh probably, but where's the fun in using good units amirite

Kreiss isn't even good, ya dingus. He's just less pitiful than Arkis. I demand that you make him good and then send me screenshots so I can continue to laugh at him anyway.

My dude saga, chapter 7: The slow death of a kind, reliable armor knight.

The replies:

Spoiler
21 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

She? Oswin are you hiding something?

Oh no...

Chill, its not like he has the Nothung or anything, its just a rapier.

The mani katti: Makes Lyn useful-good might and crit rate, lasts a great deal of time. The Wolf Beil: Amazing all-around, deletes armor knights and cavs without a second thought. The Rapier: It's basically a glorified iron sword. I wouldn't mind so much if he could actually reliably kill things.

Also you should make a rule where units that die before a reset must be killed that chapter/never be used again.

Ah...Well...You see, there is...But the chapter where people died before the reset, (13x) was everyone but Oswin, and I didn't have the guts to do a Hector-Eliwood-Oswin solo of the next three chapters. And Lords are exempt from the bench and paying taxes to benefit the "lords must be deployed" rule. Which I also broke. But fear not, Marcus is done.

20 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Marcus, more like Carcus. 

D'oh! That's a good one...

LIKE I GIVE A SHIT

I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SHOW EVERY USELESS SCREENSHOT THAT I ACCIDENTALLY TAKE!

19 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

So Canas:
In short, his speed and con get him to be pretty meh, by doing a bit of damage and that's it. But his promotion (which is easy to do since he joins being level 7) gives him +3 Speed and +1 Con which means that with FLux he basically has +4 AS now and will double most things ever. His speed growth is 30% so it's a bit weird but it's enough with Canas' insane promotion anyways.
Watch this video, this guy is very good and explaining units: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ojWi2kph8

That was an interesting video! I guess Canas wasn't supposed to cap magic, speed, defense and resistance, then. Too bad I killed Matthew and my best hope for early promotion for Canas.

And you would be right! He starts out with 11 speed and you've only given him 2 levels. His growth is 25% for Speed, his highest growths are HP and Skill at 60%.

Alas...All for naught.

Nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono. You misunderstood me! That's all, I'm merely stating the facts, Rebecca will always be the cuter one for me, god her god damn eyes are so precious but you didn't hear me say that.

Suuuuuuuuurrreeeeeee...

That's what happens to 7 base and 45% growth. Myrmidons in HHM have 11 base speed I think, so that's why. Nomads always had like 9 or 10 speed iirc so unless he was using a steel sword somehow..?

*Shrug* All I can tell you is that Eliwood could very well be doubled by generics in 13x.

You're so stubborn to look up this crap, where Merlinus spawns on that map, the ocean seal is in the two spaces to his right, and the ones below those two.

Hey, my culture of heritage's national animal is a mule. I fit that to a T. (Although I'm more of a donkey than a mule)

In this case though, I'm fine with this type of writing, like he's probably wondering "Mercenaries, why them? Why not just their soldiers?" rather than Eliwoo-ing everything for clarification if he heard right.

I know, but it's still scarily like Eliwood.

"No Nino, stop cheating and telling me the stats! I'm playing how the devs wanted"

"Hehe, <20% speed, 40% resistance> hee hee"
YOU ABSOLUTE SNAKE!!!ONE!111!1!

Although, tbf, I for some reason listened when people said that HHM was incredibly easy and a ROFLstomp fest for everybody with a defense stat so I was flying blind to make it harder for myself. We all know how that's going... I don't think I'm gonna ditch the blind part yet, but if everything goes really poorly and I lose most of the Caelin squad, I'll stop being a mule.
His most notable bonus his that his base speed goes from 7 to 9, which sounds awful but with a few levels and an early-ish promotion it gets him doubling just fine, even if not he still has 13 Str (from 11) so he can do decent damage, more so in his joining chapter since most enemies have reaver weapons and he will have an advantage against axe users, which he can probably double... so he can kill very easily like that, hopefully get speed and weeeee Heath kils stuff!

Yaay! I hope he does well for me. I have Florina, but having multiple flyers would be nice; I also am very fond of Fiora and am eager to use Farina since I've never seen her before!

This screenshot is actually quite-fascinating...

Never underestimate the fail-power of the Benice!

Oswin is Os-woman????????

OH NO...

Oooh 11 Speed!! I wish he had that much at this level, he is 2 points in speed blessed I think and doubling is alway so nice. But yeah, he doubles a bunch of things now, so give my man Strength. Eliwood! Do push-ups!

Listen to the man, Eliwood! He knows all the things!

Classical Eliwood. Either doubles and is 1 Str short of killing, or is 1 speed of doubling, or he lacks both like in this image.

That reminds me, there's a scene later on that raises many questions for me. I hope I remember if/when I make it that far.

So the chance of all of those hitting you was like 12.5% or something... Wow! But combine that with the 33% hand axe from way back and I think it's like 4% or something.

I still feel like it was my fault; I could have given him a sword, making it almost 0%.

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahah, well, I'm glad you feel that way! Funnily enough, I too was inspired by another LPer here, almost three years ago. We've come full circle, folks.

Dang! Hopefully one day I can inspire someone to LP too.

Y'know, it's not FE6's fault, but it makes you wonder how Erik was allowed to become the Marquess after Darin's disaster and Eriks's deep involvement in the plot.

Killed Chad in chapter 22, you madman!

Oswin's also a Pseudo-Jeigan, though.

I recommend you check out the hack if you never have. It's a wild ride, and the dumb things in the story only make it more entertaining, in my opinion.

I will once I have the time!

Well, he was a general... And also this bloke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lawrence_(British_Army_officer)

I'm sure Wyrs would cut it for him. If he survives, I've gotta bring him to FE11 or 12.

I'VE CREATED A MONSTERRRRRR!!!! AAAAARGHH!

Benice, I welcome you to the wonderful world of armor knights. They may be slow, but boy are they a relief to watch.

I am the proud father of a 10/20/20 General Amelia who capped literally every single stat without any stat boosters in a no tower/ruins/skirmish run. I love armor knights, but I rarely get to use them since they generally suck even more than their class should allow them to. I do like Bors, though. Speedy general? Yessir!

Wow. I'm honestly kinda impressed! This isn't easy to pull off.

Why thank you! I am a man of many talents, such as not having many talents.

Also, I'm disappointed you didn't comment on Eliwood's hilarious "Marcus? MARCUS!!" scream afterwards.

I would have, but my face hit the advance text button when it hit the keyboard. But Geez, Eliwood should know that For Pherae man is invincible!

Alas, so fleeting, a knight's speed...

Oswin shall be chasing dreams of speed eternally, knowing only that they lay in the shadows of the tall grasses and trees of Laus...

A shame about the Roy-tier promotion. Nearly as late, gains swords which are useless on him, and no movement. Formidable.

I'm fairly certain that 13+ speed and whatever defense he gets will keep him decent...But it is too bad how the main Lord is the last to promote. Eliwood probably has the best one, but he's been so bad that I'm not sure that it'll save him. But I really want to because he never saw combat after he promoted for me last time. And I beg to differ about swords being useless on him, my good man; The animation for them is cool!

Where have I seen this before.

That would be Butterman's Ironman of FE4678

19 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Who was that LPer?

Me, obviously. He was granted a glimpse into the future and realized that to bring world salvation, he needed to inspire me to LP.

19 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Don't forget the “Mage Killer" wyvern rider,

Wait, would that not be just a reskinned Peg knight?

and the “special" bowman, and the berserker with hidden lethality, not to mention the Seth Lord and his shounen protagonist son. 

WHAT?! Dang, a lethality 'Zerker would be helpful right now. I should play this hack.

EUGEN! EUGEN AND MILK!

18 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I mean there is always Hector and Hawkeye...

Part of the reason that I'm so bad is that I despise using Prepromotes. I will use them if I have to, (Hence why Marcus was doing stuff) but I'd always rather use the awful growth unit. I remember Dart being not very great in ENM, but with the HM bonuses, he may be alright/usable. We'll see if I get there; IIRC you need to keep at least one of the greenies from ch. 17 alive. Man, missing Canas would hurt so much...And would Dart even get Hard mode bonuses if it was skipped since he never appears as an enemy?

...That place is a bit precarious as she can be attacked at range

I vaguely understand how some of the AI works; the mage there was in recovery mode, meaning that it would not move or attack and would find some way to heal. I was aware that she would need to get out, but she did have a bit of time left.

Another dangerous maneuver as he will now kill enemy phase and take an extra hit.

Yeah, that was a gaffe.

I have had Marcus die here as well. Its a tricky chapter if you are low on units, or you have rotten luck.

That makes me feel a bit better.

I guess that works.With one more combat unit alive I think you could have pulled it off without cheese, but you were stretched just a little too thin at this point. There might have been a way of doing it the more normal way with your team, with Eliwood being one of the three holding the main corridor, but you would have to be very careful that he can't kill anything on enemy phase, and when the axes break through the wall you would probably need Eliwood to hold the breach with WTA.

I actually could have gone for the boss when I did cheese it; I could have sent Oswin down to the boss with his Horseslayer, but it had slipped my mind.

11 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

That realization we're in the middle of Ramadan, so people are legitimately having to go fast. What a timely title.

Absolutely intentional, of course.

Someone should use that as an explanation of Kaga's inner mind.

The inner machinations of kaga's mind are an en-

Naw, that's already been done on this thread.

If they were a food you'd be Wolfing them down.

I would eat them by the Beil full.

Was Olivia though? I mean she was advised to flirt with people... then again she can marry Chrom by force after one map if Sumia's taken. Yep. Okay. That's a strike against her.

And I think part of her character is that she got Darin'd by some random bloke.

Keeping Erk alive is tough at the best of times. It just Erks me how bad his A.I. is. Even training him in Lyn mode can't save him from A.I. stupidity.

Short of promoting him by starting him at level 10 and adding a guiding ring, yeah. Part of the reason I didn't use him much is because I knew relying on having his AI would be a mistake.

Darin and Erik probably alternate abductions to keep the castle from getting crowded.... man I like to hammer these two for being scumbags. Erik probably got hired to help Narcian in FE6 because he had decades of experience.

I do kinda wish they made Erik playable. He'd be an interesting character.

I sense L theft. Shades of Erga.

I guess he needed Galle's L so that the Back Fang could be the Black Fang, but Elen ended up with it by mistake.

Juno why Ruben did. He loves bad units.

Not enough to keep them alive.

I get the vibes, to be honest. I just generally dislike prepromotes, no matter how bad they are.

By having the protagonist be clueless, they don't know anything that the player doesn't. That way the game can treat the character like they haven't paid attention to anything in case the player is legitimately not paying attention. So basically, the protagonist is a moron who knows nothing about their world so the player never has to feel like one. But in any case where the player does pay attention it becomes somewhere between irritating and hilarious.

This explains why LPs always diss their game to St. Hellimine and back.

To be fair, you don't get to use Armads until a bit after, because Athos takes it from memory. Speaking of legendary weapons, why the hell did Durandal weigh so much in this game? It's not like Eliwood could use it efficiently.

Which is kinda annoying, although I could see it breaking pretty easily. I wish they'd gone the Pallas Riana route and made it recover uses; FE6 could benefit from that too.

Byleth does however have the ability to turn into a dedicated healer if totally screwed, and does kind of function as a jeigan early game... in that they take forever to advance in weapon ranks because they don't have weekly bonuses like everyone else, so you get to the good abilities far slower.

I now feel old because I just realized that RD is the most recent FE game I've played...

Dart does have hit-rate issues from memory of the time I used him. I have taken a lot of axe infantry to endgame. Barst, Cord and Darros in Shadow Dragon (but never Bord because 10% speed growth), Lot, Wade and Gonzales in Binding Blade,  every axe infantry not named Geitz (or if counting heroes and Generals, Wallace, Raven and Harken) in FE7 (got to get to him one day), I've used anyone not named Marisa, Myrrh or Syrene between runs of Sacred Stones and they aren't axe users anyway, Path of Radiance the only "axe users" I've not used are cavalry who can gain it as a second weapon after promotion, specifically Astrid and Malakov. Radiant Dawn I've only really taken mounted axes to endgame with the exception of Nolan. Awakening, I have never seriously used Basillio, Flavia, Libra or any of the DLC characters as yet. Notably for axes  that means Basillio, Walhart and Libra. Arguably Priam too. Then there's Fates. Barring Izana, Fuga and Peri I've used all the first gen characters. Barely touch the second genners though. Three Houses... I can't say I ever used Cyril properly, as I could never get him to the point he wasn't a liability. Only one in the whole cast I can say that about. Haven't touched the DLC so I haven't used the Ashen Wolves, and was done with the game by the point Jeritza came out so he's seen absolutely zero use. Notably, I've barely used existing axe infantry in New Mystery, preferring to put My Unit through a mix of fighter/knight/beserker to turn them into an unstoppable force, or reclassing in general. So one day I really need to for my claim.

Dang. I've taken Ross to endgame, (obviously berserker as it is the best non-mounted class probably) and Lot. And Hector. And Dart should be fun to train. It looks like I'll have tons of deployment slots open.

I just wanted to put that into an out of context because I found it funnier that way.

We all know that regardless of the context, it's true.

It'd almost justify him being like that. Until he started doing it on when there were no ambush spawns incoming, and it went back from "helpful" to "irritating". Come to think of it, he probably is saying it every turn, and it's just being drowned out by the sound of battle. Or it's distracting everyone and that's why FE6 has lower hitrates than every other GBA Fire Emblem.

Logical.

He vaguely reminds me of Fi because both tell you what you did every time you do something. *Obviously unlocks lanayru region, the third time an event like this has happened.*

"Master, I can confirm that there is a pillar of light that is the color known to your kind as 'Yellow,' which leads to the Lanayru region. I suggest you head there immediately after going to the Bazaar, getting items upgraded, talking to the fortune teller, buying potions..."

But no shade there, Fi. I love your game.

Erk definitely dies normally.
https://youtu.be/mqH1biySLB4
Actually, here's a video guide as to who lives, who dies, and who inexplicably dies when they shouldn't (Rebecca). That apparently youtube doesn't allow to be embedded.

Wack. Well, not anymore!

Soldiers are FE's goombas. That's why you don't really get playable ones barring Nephenee and Aran.

And they somehow managed to make a guy with an 70% defense growth bad.  I know he was blessed, but Aran absolutely destroyed ALL of the stat caps (aside from Res and Luck) as a 20/13/12 Sentinel. I have no idea why the caps were so low. A capped speed Sentinel can't possibly double some enemies!

That's why he's OsWIN. He's a knight that can actually double between decent speed base, decent speed growth, and laughable enemy speeds.

I'm glad he's here. I mean, I'm not LTC by any means so having an Armor knight doesn't slow me down much.

Damn. Well at least we know he cannot die canonically.

He cannot indeed, although if Priscilla survives this chapter, it's gonna make recruiting Raven really hard as I recall Raven getting absolutely destroyed by the green units. Of course, he gets HHM bonuses, so he'll probably be the one doing the destroying, but I really REALLY need to save at least one of the greenies. I CANNOT miss Canas.

There's never a reason not to. At worst he retreats, at best he levels.

I still feel bad for him.

Another reason people like Hector. How many lords can pull this off? Mind thrones are like that.

It was only REALLY a viable option due to his speed; he'd probably have more like 7-8 ish on average, (no idea what his speed is, but I know a speed blessed armor unit when I see it) meaning that the fighters would have a 45~hitrate on him. He'd still probably be fine, though.

I'd prefer if it didn't. Can't endorse that even with Clarine.

Me and you both.

Also sort of had his brother survive and die later. So it wasn't quite sparing him.

Raigh must have felt like a Lughser.

Let's not forget, you showed Tear Ring as being post FE 6. This is FE 7, years earlier than either by that account.

NO...NOOOOO!! SAIN IS ARKIS' FATHER!

Kind of like a skunk's tail isn't it? Definitely stinks.

You know, as much as it stands out, I don't hate it.

If Oswin had Bors' chin, he'd hit the defense and resistance caps at base.
Not as much effort as my usual songs, but it's not like I wrote it.

Dear lord...

@epilepsyduck's Sword of Heaven and Earth LP was the one that inspired me to start my own thing here, though I'd liked screenshot LPs for a long time by then. A shame the guy's been inactive for a while now. If you're reading this, stay strong!

We both know that you're lying and it was totally me who inspired you!

...And he visited the site two hours ago.

And yes, do stay strong!

Yeah, as I said, plenty of pretty awesome units.

Maybe Oswin is Eugen! He gets wounded in combat with Erga, (optimistic of me to think that he'll survive that long) and goes to train Arkiss.

Hmmm... That's a good idea, but no.

Opq6oird o
AAUGHHHRHRHGXKCJVNXKCLKXLZXJKPTZNZJXKSJHDD!
There we go. That's good enough, I think. Sheena's TGC artwork is better than Heroes's, how did that happen...

Why did I have to make that typo? Well, at  least it wasn't edited onto Lalum or whatever.

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You should: Barst, Bord, and Cord have an axey boy triangle attack that you get access to on chapter 5. I legitimately used all of them axey boys and their triangle attack all the way into the late-game on H2.

I've never used a triangle attack before, actually.

She is part of a triangle attack...

Bah, but nobody uses Shanna because she's so cute that people can't bear to put her top-tier combat to use and instead protecc her.

I like triangle attacks...

I can see that.

7 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Penagaius-Rebel without a cause.

That would be interesting to watch.

4 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Pengaius: Rebel with a cause.

The update:

Spoiler

M2WzzKy.png53xpyzq.png66HQYSY.pngG52WzaL.png

r67Sg6W.png

I am very afraid of this chapter! Eltosian's been talking about it the whole run and I really don't want to lose even more of my army. If you can even call it that at this point.

Rebec.png?dl=0Urgh! Ow! M-my cut is getting worse! Urghh...W-Wil...I'm not going to make...it...M-miss...you...

Rebec.png?dl=0H-huh? I blacked out...But I'm still alive! How much longer? I must go find Wil while I still can!

Rebec.png?dl=0Th-this was a bad idea...I have no idea where I am...I'm all alone...Wil...I must keep moving! M-must...Keep...Mov-urk!

MAL%20MAL%20MALFUNCTION.png?dl=0Whee! I'm walkin' on sunshine, baby! Just try to keep up!

zAP.png?dl=0Wait for me, Juno!

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Bwahaha! Those two remind me of my youth!

Helen.png?dl=0Still, I do hope that they don't hurt themselves. Sprinting through a dark forest like this could be dangerous.

zAP.png?dl=0Ha! Gotcha!

MAL%20MAL%20MALFUNCTION.png?dl=0Oh noooo! Blast it Jerrot, I almost got away. I'll get you next time!

zAP.png?dl=0We'll see about that!

MAL%20MAL%20MALFUNCTION.png?dl=0Oof!

zAP.png?dl=0Are you all right? What did you trip on?

MAL%20MAL%20MALFUNCTION.png?dl=0Hmm...It appears to be a body.

zAP.png?dl=0A body?! St. Elimine, is it alive?!

MAL%20MAL%20MALFUNCTION.png?dl=0Uhh...Maybe? We gotta get her to a healer either way! I'll bring the body to Helen!

zAP.png?dl=0Helen!

MAL%20MAL%20MALFUNCTION.png?dl=0Helen! Someone needs help!

Helen.png?dl=0Oh dear. I do hope I can help.

MAL%20MAL%20MALFUNCTION.png?dl=0...Well, is she alive?

Helen.png?dl=0Well, yes, but she's not in good shape; it seems like she's suffering from several deep cuts that are infected. I...I may be able to save her. Please give me a minute.

Eexaq1T.pngZUb8Fo4.png04rOetE.pngXzwo6z3.pnge4n3l8l.pngLtpR1fu.pngAK5PATg.pngC1SuJmw.pngRimtPLz.pngS5HyczC.png

That moment when you realize that Hector chooses to have an antibrain but uses his normal one from time to time.

8P7ILxK.png8dSCbrc.pngdYax85d.pngAHTBEuT.pngjCXgtIm.pngnW14aqJ.pngK8Fr4bJ.pngn2wzAWj.pngl2JPGZT.pngorZ0611.pngZ0FTILl.pngLiV9Kkp.pngOTl8Hav.png

7cRpuAk.pngWBn5jSw.png

Went to one too many housewarming parties, I guess.

FrJMWWy.pngj0BCg3m.pngR6OyLAj.pngACIfM7D.pngW16jC5N.pngMQdw4g9.pngvRKaGwb.pngl8Cl3zs.png1puGhOb.pngkFQuWsN.pngWfDVK3t.pngd386XFb.png

hbPMvuA.png

Hector seems to have had about enough of Eliwood hitting on Lyn.

hHdiBwt.pngD17xYwp.pngAgHo7lJ.png

Rebec.png?dl=0*Yawn* Good morning, Wil. Did you sleep well?

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0Er...Pardon me, but there is no Wil here. Are you all right? What were you doing in the forest with such terrible wounds?

Rebec.png?dl=0You're not Wil! W-was finding him and getting married all a dream?

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0Unless it was a very bad wedding night, I'd suppose so.

Rebec.png?dl=0Drats! Uh...Where am I? Am I dead?

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0No, no. You're very much alive. We found your body in the woods and healed you up. We are in the woods just east of Caelin. I do apologize, however, as I was unable to restore your hand...

Rebec.png?dl=0Thanks for saving me!

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0What were you doing in the forest all alone?

Rebec.png?dl=0Well, I was dying and I needed to find one of my friends before I popped my clogs. I swore to him that I'd make it back to see him on last time and slap him in the face.

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0That's so very romanti-Slap his face? You two evidently have an...Uh...Interesting...Dynamic.

Rebec.png?dl=0Yes, well, thanks to you, I can keep looking for him!

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0I wish you luck in your search and your pursuit of happiness!

Rebec.png?dl=0Nothing can stop me now! Hang on just a little longer, Wil...I'll be at your side soon...

gk23QmT.pngV3Rvsk2.pngh2Fvgai.pngV5fwLzv.pngc9a7pZc.pngOjjCmuJ.png0V2qW1F.png5doJlQv.pngO44vwBq.png

jnJ5l8Y.png

What? How? Were you guys really that close to being captured? Impressive that you managed to bring your horses with you too.

1Tdw9Oh.pngxb5yNfV.pngUfExzqY.pngcGDsXcB.pngetz26hS.png

4FkJhuR.png

Like you're one to talk, Sain! Unless you are really that unsuccessful.

5tvxDgO.pngntCquO9.pngAd0oSO2.pngWTnC0W6.pngsLPBZqR.pngSj47hR8.pngDoviICE.pngLhFVdkx.pngPleKrRl.png

F67MQOh.png

Florina's look says it all, Lyn. She's a 12 strength Pegasus rider! She's unstoppable!!!

2xAD3sQ.pnglMXTG36.pngJSeCMVl.pngkugwHaK.pngbO4X0NS.pngdntuAMH.pngrS7aCTT.png

Danged right! 12 strength is exemplary!

m996Mk5.pngBYWaPlr.pngR76ZTKA.pngPpuivKY.png

WFEDVmD.pngGD5No8g.pngMfvFbTu.pngx9jNHKv.png

*None of the archers move.* I can understand not making the archers move right next to Florina, but at least make it believable that she's getting attacked by putting an archer near her starting position!

CG79SGY.pngHoAfc5I.pngGaMNQTM.pngEv8RaUK.pngOyiFc7t.pngO2CFwju.png

lBjv0rn.pngkXQYp7L.png

THEY'RE NOT! THEY'RE ALL FAR AWAY FROM FLORINA!

GepTfzv.png2VpdZBt.png

qi2YmhF.png

"Crap, I've become irrelevant because Florina's better than me?"

S9tW5PP.pngE90XpsV.pngwcgEzev.pngoHnvjw4.pngHlE1IUW.pngbPVIrRU.pngbrfWv6O.pngHHvCc4f.pngXhtrpNM.pngydDcu6W.pngpVKqM5F.pngR42SLxW.png2MzRuB3.png

Hah! Hector's facial expression is hilarious. I love his angry portrait in particular.

XeYpyw1.pngbzSyQUV.png48bYbmn.pnghhMaMfg.png2GUKXs3.png5KBoIBS.pngFa9AmCI.pngOFRUnbz.pngIGS0ejV.pngx6aquJ0.png

Oh no! The enemy's found a way to get lance users to hit Hector!

qwmqD8z.pngz4fDDQ0.png3tT5egZ.pngC7vwbEx.pngym81wKw.png8sBR6VM.pngTKhN050.pngxpbTuAQ.pngWKtGr1C.png4UR8xNw.pngK4WnqGc.png

qyyhVfK.pngjwKDXVQ.png6me7BeY.pnglq9AYet.pngAU2j2W9.pngvFUFqre.png

Golly-est.png?dl=0It looks like this may be the end of the line for us...If I do make it through this, I swear that I'll return to my village! I will see my Rebecca again! St. Elimine...Give me strength!

THE MAP:

image.png.b3f171abde43c6bbddf77d023892d58a.png

I legitimately have no idea how hard this chapter will be. The enemy does have two ballistae, (but this is the Eliwood normal map as usual, so the enemies are far more numerous than this suggests) and a lot of cavaliers. My main goal here is to get Lyn's squad to meet Eliwood's; I plan to do this by taking the lower road due to the fewer enemies and absence of a ballista.

And the units we got back! For those of you who missed Lyn mode:

gKn1BWj.png

My pride and joy herself, Florina! She's gonna be good to use, but 4 defense may not go very far at all. Her relatively Copious HP will allow her to do minor tanking and the like without too much risk; I cannot try to Miladystomp with her, though.

Ux8iQa6.png

Sain is rather slow, but 11 strength is pretty good, and more importantly, he's a cavalier, which I need for next chapter if I want 17x or Raven! Or Lucius, for that matter.

Uhh...Was his HP really that low? I did check, and he has 19 base HP and 80 growth in it...Was he really screwed, or did I mess up? I'll have to take a look, but he should have 24-ish.

apSiM3m.png

Overall, Kent has been much more reliable. His survivability will be slightly better due to more speed and better HP. I feel like I can count on him to be good.

dznyZKl.png

Lyn shouldn't be a problem, but it's Lyn that we're talking about. She couldn't dodge a 13% to save her life. The Mani Katti will make her dangerous for the enemies; 45 uses will hopefully get her to a high enough level.

LL183CM.png

Wil...I want him to be good. I lost Rebecca already and I want an archer, (And to make the Roger not mad at me for losing his favorite unit..) but he's been very...Average, I suppose. He gets two or three stats most levels and is VERY slow for an archer, but 9 strength is decent and the copious flyers will be good food for him, even with merely double weapon might. I will be giving him tons of levels.

UyE09TR.png

No Marcus today because he died pre-reset last chapter and I am no longer relying on him for the chapter to be playable.

Well, let's check out to see what the armories and shops have-

Zz00oRr.png

I HAD ENOUGH FUNDS FOR THE WHITE GEM?! YESSSS! OH THANK HEAVENS! I WON'T HAVE TO SELL PRISCILLA'S PERSONAL BELONGINGS TO FEED MY ARMY ANYMORE!

wqt44zK.png

GIVE ME MONEY!

7iVdQ8u.png

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Florina? FLORINA!

Helllo.png?dl=0My dude! You're back! Oh, thank heavens!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Gaahh...My ribs...Again...It's good to see you...Now please don't hug me so tightly...

Helllo.png?dl=0Oh! Sorry! Hee hee.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0I was worried about you in this battle, but with arms like that, I know even someone as bad as me won't be able to get you hurt!

Helllo.png?dl=0You're not bad, My dude!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Florina, I-This army had far more members before I joined. I've lost so many comrades this time...I'm glad to have you here, but I'm terrified that I'll lose you...

Helllo.png?dl=0I'm sorry about how tough this has been, My dude. But I know that you'll keep getting better and bring us victory! We can talk after the battle. Now, where do I go?

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Oh, Florina...How did a man like me end up in your arms?

Well then, let's get Florina-ing!

FhDtRhc.pngPHaxuZ4.pngj3v7WP2.png

BWAHAHA! A CRIT ALREADY! Gawds I love her.

07sf4YQ.pngUUILf3V.png

Mr. Thief, you shan't break my village!

SrWooTs.png

Well, maybe I'll get money or something.

i5Iy5FE.pnglwMnqNy.png

A guiding ring?

oUvnm8w.png

IT'S MORE CASH! YAHOO! I'M RICH!!! RICHHHHHH!!!

4UwkWNj.png

Hector can one round almost everybody on the map. Boy, do I enjoy this.

I5Jw0y7.png07m2YFH.pngCsaHRYO.png

ayejW3a.png

Sain's got nothing but an Iron lance, whereas Kent has an iron sword. I don't mind this quite so much as Sain having only a lance in Lyn mode because

A) There's an armory right there

B) Most enemies have swords or lances instead of 98% of Lyn mode being axes.

C) They aren't using steel lances.

Sain's my best bet for these mad lads...But just in case, I'll wait until enemy phase.

P2qUQKT.png

Oh! Wil can OHKO these guys with a steel bow! Training him might not be so bad after all!

DcrftpI.png

Thing that can kill Lyn No. 1/2 is toast!

XFC8FCk.png22n2y0x.pngpzkFWVP.pngwEYmoQu.png

As expected. The peg rider doesn't crit, thank god.

SnAFE6x.png

And if I'm right, the Ballista deals 10 damage to Lyn, so taking out this guy is my best bet for her survival.

RSvw0wa.png

Ey, a crit! Make sure you keep a few for when it's not total overkill, please.

WQWHzvv.png

Bah! Bad start for Sain.

sw3r0OJ.png70USXWj.png9z4rWkY.png

The other one doubles you? Man, Sain's gonna need some more levels.

dAUkl5N.pngP43vCQb.pnglBCC4AG.png

But he is tanky enough for it to matter little, but that will not be the case for long.

lq0Zwpv.png8ugX52J.png

El gasp! Something could damage Hector!

14B8ILQ.png

Phew.

wNdCXCh.png

Dare I risk the 89%? I suppose it's for the best if I do since Wil can clean up after Sain if he misses and it'll not matter.

M5iOEgg.pngSLxdCpc.png8VG84k9.png

Urk! Sain! That's two bad misses already! And you got hit twice?! Gaahhhh! This is bad.

JeWSEs6.png9tY4mOh.png

Very good, Kent.

hzTElNb.png

After that last dodge, I doubt that this'll hit.

cZ2VBZ0.png

As expected...

Golly-est.png?dl=0Imagine how hard Rebecca would laugh at you if she saw that, Wil. I've gotta do better than this if I want to see her again!

DhHHeRw.png5b1wKHN.pngOrKkV1o.pngbSXZQVV.pngBVubO0L.pngmbEoVLX.png

Hector is still amazing and Wil is thankfully tanky enough to survive.

4vsDcDX.png9OpniE0.pngFF4FP2i.png

My god, Sain! Your favorite number for a hitrate and you STILL can't hit? Well, you dodged, so no harm, no foul.

6c6nNht.png

Gyargh! Ballista! Ooh...Man, I like tanky archers. Wil cannot be attacked until I get Priscilla over here.

FNYOZ1p.png

This isn't even worth a shot, but I'll do it anyways.

Golly-est.png?dl=0Imagine Rebecca laughing..."Oh Wil, you can't even hit a tree to save your life. Good thing I'm here to have you covered." I..I must push through the pain! I WILL SEE REBECCA AGAIN!

lB4Hxxz.pngolycm1C.png

DAT'S A CRIT!

Golly-est.png?dl=0Hah! Rebecca would be proud.

Rebec.png?dl=0Rebecca IS proud!

Golly-est.png?dl=0R-Rebecca?! Oh my god!

Rebec.png?dl=0I should probably get outta here since I'm unarmed. Talk to you later!

Golly-est.png?dl=0C-come back!

Vj8v7Gj.png

If Hector misses one of these, I can clean it up with Florina.

KproVxd.pngxhhDrqu.png

As long as Florina doesn't die, I don't mind. All the exp going to Hector's pretty much wasted as his gains are fairly low and he's still got about 12 maps until promotion.

iXwrtIW.png

Not a bad hit rate, but if she misses twice, she may die.

UHTavIW.png

No doubling for either side, so she cannot die to this brigand!

LPlQCpA.png

Way to go!

QfYFD4z.pngVZpwNTB.png

Sain's cutting it rather close, but we should be fairly safe down in Caelin corner.

11tbA8X.png

The Ballista wastes a bolt attacking Lyn, and we are back to player phase!

wEDUWAG.png

That is a lot of cavs, and I don't trust Eliwood or Florina to survive them very well...Or Priscilla, but that goes without saying.

drrKySB.pngH34Y7HU.png

Good enough. We just need Eliwood and Priscilla to be away; Florina would be fine for a few rounds, but it's best for her not to tank much.

sjnBtiu.png

This could be ripe for Wil!

IeaAQW8.pngQibzhJx.png

Good enough again. Priscilla will be here soon and there's not much left in the way of enemies 'round there.

ielPjcj.png

Almost got a level!

ccLo1y7.png

Hey, a talk convo!

gGEtQaI.png

Makar? That's the name of the Korok from Wind Waker!

...And I'm sure your pegasus is called Huey most of the time. Maybe Makar/Huey have a split personality?

zYGVqCB.pngELA6ueh.pngk8nqLTp.png

Hector is such a hit with the ladies.

qrH18s8.pngyojpk90.pngd0Tf8RZ.pngTkFVpeU.pngKCE98UH.pngzoVZ4Qb.png

Most wonderful time of the year!

f8AEj5u.png

Isn't that their support chain in a nutshell? Oh well, it's funny enough.

7aKyPwg.png

Florina's about to see a bit of combat, so she'd best be ready for it.

IOPXj6Q.png

Sain is no longer almost dead.

8w5Ru0a.png

I'm sorry Merlinus. I needed to send some stuff to you and don't have the personnel to protect you. I feel bad for him! This has been his fate every time!

"You did an awesome job, Merlinus!"

"Why thank you, lord Eliwood. I am just a humble merchant who-"

"Hey cool, a talk conversation elsewhere."

"NO, LORD ELIWOOD, COME BACK THERE'S SOME CAVALIERS!"

QfWyJDn.pngtlqipxQ.png

Bah!

OMBldMJ.pngxeeuiWI.pngvuzDp9b.png

He hit once, good enough.

kdGNmwf.png

Some brigands! I do not want them anywhere near Wil.

iQSBBsD.pngyiMbEO3.png

Great!

R1uwB0K.pngfFS4hfn.pngV7eQvwd.pngTycQfE3.png

Wil chips the bandit down a little farther so that Lyn can attack without fear of a counter.

IOKFaJB.png

The guys are too close to Eliwood.

Y33MCTE.png

Excellent again!

f5Z7LDy.png

That's a lot of overkill.

TS3wn84.pngiyXnjJW.png

Perfect!

0KDVuiK.png

Healer exp, and we finally can properly heal the Caelin Gang!

7ONhK5G.png

More cash, maybe?

L2OPnXb.png1iIqibf.png

uB3eK7d.png

"He seems like a gentle man."

"If she's still breathing, make her stop."

Yeah, I don't see it.

3TGguX0.png1VXqixu.pngbxm5sQO.png

That is very helpful! I know who this would work well with...

o5IHRUI.png

Useless screenshot!

hHiwsda.pngUhQ1DLf.png059GrI3.pngmk88KQJ.png

Poor Merlinus...

khcpy2r.png

More useless screenshots!

UDcivmW.png

If he hits, it'll be a level!

Sc5OtEJ.pngaBiPA5j.png

Hype! Hype! Hype! Hype!

0DCmDDN.png

...Just like Rebecca.

dH1g7Bs.png

Buy vulneraries while we still can! I sadly forgot to buy more slim lances for Florina. I really hope that the pirate ship has some...

ylfMOLH.pngkxYXwBH.pngh2WIiZp.png

More healing, more Oswinning.

ghJszdY.png

Oy...

TCZkVu7.png

Begone, Mr. Ballista!

7VIR5AW.pngXU2OI8Y.png

Wil is saved!

x2TdO36.png

Hey, a talk convo! We now get to see the tender affection these two hold for each other.

svdgKzx.pngxFnfgeC.pngdx9KCWg.pngYEIoAVf.png

...That's it?! I guess the game does push Elinian and Hectyn.

gXpckAC.png

Why not?

P24zhRc.png

I forgive you, Florina.

DbeiUVZ.pngbvzNhRd.png

Oswin is too good.

HUDfeEf.pngbi449wM.pnglgbud3E.png

That's an A in lances!

5Ahza7c.png

Things are getting crowded here! I need to get rid of a few enemies now.

VxyzOry.pngGnge3hT.png

What's with Hector missing one of his handaxes every time?

1I3cJQ0.pngeaGjnoQ.png

Good!

6hr82id.png

Mmmm....Nah, too risky. Florina does take a chunk of damage from the cavaliers. I'd rather not risk it.

Rn2azBV.pngg4osR1P.pngNfOmsfE.pngdc8o2a0.png4lrEXUR.pngPMZGdFu.png

Sain, really?

aHcPgkC.png

If I want to make Wil good, I need to get as many kills as possible. At least he does decent chip damage, unlike Rebecca.

2B5onqu.png

Thank you!

xeLInAy.png

I'm glad Kent can double, but I should have given him a lance. Hmm...Eliwood's underleveled. Maybe I can feed it to him?

Lra20K9.png

Denied. I'll figure out how to get rid of that guy later.

I8yH9S0.pngwF8s0PL.pngc3Nkcvr.png

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! PERFECT! AMAZING! OUTSTANDING!

A2LICwB.png

No chance...But there's no reason not to try.

Mea7D6L.png

Oh well.

9Bqn323.pngoiWMLPD.png

Kent takes Florina's javelin to Jeigan for Eliwood!

yWqrh0R.png

...Who still needs his rapier to safely take out the cav.

LrJFFMs.pngkbwRtiO.png

And I was turning airplane mode off and on a whole bunch during enemy phase by accident. The important part is that nobody died.

N05Pyny.png

Ripe for Eliwood if this hits!

Z5abOB5.png

Excellent! having a reliable 2 range option is nice.

sQ30IwQ.png

Perfect! He doesn't even need his rapier!

jAGtvMM.pngvnaB2LM.png

DANGIT, ELIWOOD!

vp5G5o1.png

Sain is ready to fight again!

S39vbor.png51WADXQ.png1t8uBVY.png

Berfect. I have to drop the fire because Merlinus is toast, but it's not a huge loss.

uvuPKp8.pngMYDVoLT.pngveFknFM.png

Oh no! Florina was hit by a flashbang! I was doing so well at avoiding those until last update...

D2T0nRA.png

Woohoo! Hype! Hype! Hype!

xGfzmmT.png

Excellent! The only stat you really want that you missed was strength!

B74hFoQ.png

She's in no danger, but I still don't like to see my little Florina get hit.

eCTv8Bw.pngkQQmxqM.png

Yay, a Priscilla level. I'm sure it'll be luck and nothing else. Even Serra's better than her.

MErXlYQ.png

...I TAKE IT ALL BACK! YOU'RE AMAZING! NO WONDER DARIN AND NINO THIRSTED OVER YOU! Oh man! That's an awesome start! She still dies in a hit from most things, but it's a start!

i9ulRme.png5rPh7ha.pngDQAHiZX.pngnFB9dWr.png

The two awesome Armors do their thing.

sw1nYSq.pngEahjZ6V.png6ZjYFzB.png

More chip damage for Wil, another kill for Eliwood!

h6YSNDn.png

Agh! I had to risk Sain's life to protecc Eliwood. I may regret it...

gBSzQkz.png

Oho! A crit!

9L3RTQR.png

Toast!

Wait...That's bad. That's really bad. It opens the way for another cav to attack him and he can't survive three hits. Oh no!!! I thought I could finally beat a chapter without a death! Sain!! I can't lose my army now that I have a reasonably sized one!

vR3lPhg.pngKATiykn.png

No...No...No...No...No.....Nooooooo...

QStxkHq.png

Ooh, nice level. You are in dire need of speed, but defense is good.

Not that it matters, since you are about to die.

ODxKWmv.png

AIIEEE! SAIN! NOO! Oh...Oh my god...That was close. Save your crit for when it WON'T kill you next time, please.

sd1bbr5.pnguU9LHoV.png

Priscilla saves Sain again.

pW3c2It.png7bO0X0b.png

Exp for Wil! IIRC, Uhai drops an Orion's bolt and I want Wil to be ready to promote when I get it. I need him for Kishuna.

GkI6Ueu.pngvgeBJXn.pngV72Eou2.pnggrN8oPd.png

The cavaliers are nearly all gone! The chapter is almost over.

SS0ZbYC.png

I could ORKO this guy, but because the Hand axe has one use left, I can chip farther with Florina and Finish with Eliwood.

qfPgfK1.png0R1XW9i.png

And now, to finish with Eliwood!

UqPEHx9.png

And now, to finish with Sain!

jrOb8yC.pngQYo8JVH.png

jSvy7QF.pngfPtfx5x.pngTQdkHqO.png

D'gah! He was safe, but dang is death close to us...

5EKFPWa.png

Perfect for Eliwood!

EFAj9Gu.pnglgSgoT1.png

Or not...

IpnvF4u.png

Ehhh....

JwTKhj8.png

Have at 'im, Hector.

aXvEz5m.pngFCtpq6u.png

Another excellent level! Almost as tanky as Oswin, twice as fast and more movement! Too bad Oswin's promoting the moment I get a knight's crest whereas you have to wait until you're obsolete.

3eTp9AV.png

And this is the last one. If Lyn crits, it means she gets extra exp, which is good, and if she doesn't, it's more for Wil.

0jSgSkr.png

No crit! Wil time!

DTVuNku.png

And there we go!

That is essentially the chapter. None of the other enemies move until we're in their range so we can just turtle our way to the boss.

Along the way...

h1mM6F7.png

A bad level for Wil,

H1q7oWg.pngCGAHYze.pngbvtHs3B.pnghTLi5Nq.pngARG9EJM.png

A bad flirt session with Hector,

cl7qSfM.png

A Lyn.png level,

EHqu8b6.png

And me screaming in fear when I looked at the boss's stats.

hMyRjuJ.png

...However, the Boss is actually WEAKER than Oswin. Combine that with the heavy spear, and the boss is toast! The 1% crit does scare as I have lost a unit to a 1/1 hit/crit before, but Priscilla is right there if he does get critted.

feqKxOj.png

What they heck is that battle quote? It has nothing to do with anything!

Anyways, another talk conversation and another Priscilla level are all happen between now and the boss's defeat.

JolUg0h.png

Pretty adequate. Better than my 20 Priscilla already!

GGF1GxY.pngpKdNV7r.pngepLn3jm.pngKQqmrzp.pngHwPc5NM.pngHwPc5NM.pngkSRsvIE.pngp5AWlRu.png8p4CacK.png

Me too, Lyn.

BQLsQfb.png

And there we go. It took a little while, but not Lundgren tier.

60HgG1n.png

I officially have beaten a chapter without a death! Amazing! You know what's even better than that, though?

0k5TyAQ.png

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OSWIN IS INVINCIBLE!!!!!

3pKzmlz.png

28 turns, no deaths! Man, that was a fun chapter.

And now, many text walls!

JKAFSFu.pngOB7JC7i.pnguGjtbAs.pngKPnZklW.png0v4bSkA.png

6Jq13rA.png

Wait, we did? When? Maybe Eliwood was coming from a housewarming party that Lyn was at before he met up with Hector.

qNb9WNQ.pngG5EGI95.png3I7L2O7.pngUFgG6nt.pngsmsjhjc.pngeijLKsV.png

Thank you for interrupting their date, Hector.

2GCqxOg.pngKkxVmRW.pngapZlsod.pngW37qdoc.pngPg0vhHc.pnglZnSK6q.pnguKiKCsV.pngDfN00oh.png

Ooooooohhhhh! Shots fired by Lyn!

3EQP2Uv.pngPVBOdTV.pngD1SIqpT.png4L5Tz9z.pngqxyhpzj.pngeGRb9QK.pngWZVUWGR.pngw9AziSy.pngaqdirZo.png2gI5MLx.png1IUxBOP.pngfFznBK7.png

wSiULz8.png

A tad dangerous?! Only for the enemy!

YwpGT6c.pnguOTD2jv.pngdIgcAEU.pngwt22fcj.pnguiTzvj6.pngptslOj1.png461BOiR.pngY1tHrEj.png

And the Caelin gang says hi to My dude! Next time up, we try to recruit Raven and more importantly, get the Gaiden chapter. It will likely be really difficult, but I'll have to try!

rG2hXIa.png

More text?!

BEvq2HG.pngF3eqZHq.pngGUGywkf.pngkguiO1N.pnge4zt025.pnge4zt025.pngQeoN2B6.png

I quite like Haussen. He's nice and responsible.

1H9dxiF.png9LuFa1p.pngpXORNJm.png

What a guy, right? He's willing to help this bigot reconcile with his family!

mQ0WqsH.png

And he's dying for the second time in the game already! Jeez, he's catching up to Merlinus too!

AlXbe49.pngpcsH9D4.pnghMr4cLO.pngoyufh6D.pnghti7c3K.pngmITGZoa.pngIw7izo5.pngAgrjRBS.png

Huh. Darin may not be as dumb as we once thought. Just a perv.

DjcK137.png4U2nGff.pngKKrUveq.pngJujRlxG.pngZQX9mbp.pnga0hgSM0.png9If3DlK.png

How many Priscillas were promised to this guy? Give up, man!

rtCA0GE.pngRnH68mQ.pngHu62le8.png6k3Cwji.png63p20uz.pngf4bEAS0.pngaAVeQZe.pngu7zpiHE.pngvzbLsPQ.png

This is where I get confused. Why is Erga trying to bring back dragons? His motives are really confused. I'm going to be so mad if I miss the gaidens...Heck, I may even dishonourably reset if I do. Hmm, I'll think up a rule to balance it so I can't abuse that.

hQphIrc.png55CvLq1.pngc6xBVf2.pngYBKeVnv.pngUtoaBRc.png

Why did he not kill Marquess Caelin himself?! He'd get to harvest the quintessence from him that way!

ET5KkZt.pngDu57gBt.png8aNgaKR.pngWv91x1o.png

Well then, that's that for this update! Have a great day!

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

???

Discharged/killed pre-reset.

Dishonorably spared

RESET COUNT: Hector x 1

Lyn x 2

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 5

Merlinus x 6

Merlinus deaths as a merchant: 4

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, Benice said:

vnaB2LM.png

If you get 17x, I vote that you be allowed arena abuse Eliwood and only Eliwood, to level 15 because otherwise there's no way you'd get the A route, and because he'll still suck. 

Decided to ironman HHM also to compare to your run, see how I do.

Played Lyn mode a bit different, got Sain to level 15 and promoted him in chapter 10.

Dorcas died in 13x and Guy in 15, and Wil in 16.

Did defend chapter mostly the same, but I got the treasure by having Marcus run with Matthew to the room and tricked an archer into standing in front of him.

Only two resets: one was unlucky Hector in first map, other was Eliwood in 15.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

The slow death of a kind, reliable armor knight.

Why do you spoil the update so?

Wait... the boss is that one armor knight... and there's that one random house that tries to paint him as sympathetic for no reason, even though he's not from Caelin and thus the people there shouldn't even know him...

Yeah, I get what you're trying to do.

I am the proud father of a 10/20/20 General Amelia who capped literally every single stat without any stat boosters in a no tower/ruins/skirmish run. I love armor knights, but I rarely get to use them since they generally suck even more than their class should allow them to. I do like Bors, though. Speedy general? Yessir!

I am the proud father of Hicks, who I will shamelessly insert into any conversations regarding bad units because, hot damn am I proud of this.

Oswin's also a Pseudo-Jeigan, though.

What makes Kevin different is the way the game is structured. You see, it starts with a "Lyn mode"; only this one has actual difficulty and stakes. Kevin joins early on here, and has plenty of opportunities to get some experience. Then you move on to the "Eliwood mode", and you get a different protagonist and team... except for Kevin. Kevin instantly rejoins, granting him the best availability of any unit in the game (since every unit that joins earlier than him rejoins far later). If you've given him just a few levels, he'll be the invincible for many chapters, granting him unparalleled tanking utility, surpassing even Oswin's tanking prowess. In other words, Kevin joins as Gilliam, but thanks to his excellent availability, he ends up becoming a better Oswin.

All in all, I like Kevin. He's real fun to use. More than any of FE6's knights, anyway.

Well, at  least it wasn't edited onto Lalum or whatever.

I can do that too, if you like.

d386XFb.png

You know, neither did I. I never gave it much thought back in the day, but why the hell did Darin do this? What did he hope to accomplish by tormenting poor old Hausen some more?

She's a 12 strength Pegasus rider! She's unstoppable!!!

...when in the world did this happen?

UyE09TR.png

Oh God...! I knew this and I still wasn't ready to see it...

wNdCXCh.png

Dare I risk the 89%? I suppose it's for the best if I do since Wil can clean up after Sain if he misses and it'll not matter.

M5iOEgg.pngSLxdCpc.png8VG84k9.png

Urk! Sain! That's two bad misses already! And you got hit twice?! Gaahhhh! This is bad.

Your luck is amazing. I know you've said you were inspired by me, but you definitely should try to steer clear of my bad luck. It isn't something you want.

Golly-est.png?dl=0Imagine Rebecca laughing..."Oh Wil, you can't even hit a tree to save your life. Good thing I'm here to have you covered." I..I must push through the pain! I WILL SEE REBECCA AGAIN!

lB4Hxxz.pngolycm1C.png

DAT'S A CRIT!

Rebec.png?dl=0I should probably get outta here since I'm unarmed. Talk to you later!

You know what would've been hilarious? If she slapped him, took his last 3 HP and murdered him right there.

Then again, you cannot afford the loss.

...And I'm sure your pegasus is called Huey most of the time.

I mean, next chapter's boss is called the Knight Commander of Bern. Nergal's special death quote is mistranslated and thus his whole character is ruined. Tirado in FE8 is an aide to General Grado. L'Arachel claims (I forgot when, but I am certain it happens) that Eirika should return to Rausten instead of Renais.

Things like that, y'know? Wonderful little details that make me wonder if fanslations really are such a terrible fate for a game, after all.

k8nqLTp.png

Hector is such a hit with the ladies.

Next he'll be asking a blind girl if she has "holes for eyes".

8w5Ru0a.png

I'm sorry Merlinus. I needed to send some stuff to you and don't have the personnel to protect you. I feel bad for him! This has been his fate every time!

"You did an awesome job, Merlinus!"

"Why thank you, lord Eliwood. I am just a humble merchant who-"

"Hey cool, a talk conversation elsewhere."

"NO, LORD ELIWOOD, COME BACK THERE'S SOME CAVALIERS!"

Maybe this is how he ended up being so paranoid. After spending every battle being left alone to get murdered, Merlinus developed a habit of expecting everything to attack him. Thus, the traps.

uB3eK7d.png

"He seems like a gentle man."

"If she's still breathing, make her stop."

Yeah, I don't see it.

It's a weird attempt at trying to characterize the throwaway. A bad one, too.

ghJszdY.png

Oy...

I like how he's serious when he's immortal, but in 13x he has that dumb smile as he gets obliterated.

c3Nkcvr.png

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! PERFECT! AMAZING! OUTSTANDING!

Oswin for endgame.

UqPEHx9.png

And now, to finish with Sain!

Eliwood was so embarrased of his damage, that he hid it behind the "x2".

EHqu8b6.png

And me screaming in fear when I looked at the boss's stats.

You know what's fascinating about this guy? Hackers love him. Seriously. He's a playable character in Order of the Crimson Arm, he's the advisor guy in Justice and Pride, he's a second playable character in Justice and Pride... I don't understand why everyone loves this guy's design so much. I know two hacks doesn't sound like much, but when there's like, five finished hacks out there...

feqKxOj.png

What they heck is that battle quote? It has nothing to do with anything!

Yeah, Bauker is all over the place. First he's a ruthless bastard, then the villagers say he's a good person, now he's a badass... just, what is this guy?

I officially have beaten a chapter without a death! Amazing! You know what's even better than that, though?

0k5TyAQ.png

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OSWIN IS INVINCIBLE!!!!!

Oh my God. Never lose this (wo)man, I swear.

Why is Erga trying to bring back dragons?

Because IntSys wanted to rip off Guenchaos, but they were too busy to play TRS and actually bother to learn what made him great, so they just half-assedly copied what they could from Kaga's Notes.

Why did he not kill Marquess Caelin himself?!

Because Ephidel is even dumber than Nergal. Somehow.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Next he'll be asking a blind girl if she has "holes for eyes".

I SMELL THE ARKIS POWER

2 hours ago, Benice said:

r67Sg6W.png

I am very afraid of this chapter! Eltosian's been talking about it the whole run and I really don't want to lose even more of my army. If you can even call it that at this point.

Its a lot scarier on a No Lyn mode HHM run where these

ACtC-3f0sXzUq2bDKuA9eRGr1Z0rZ8bG-67a8ue3ACtC-3eDdVtYHV527qSzeAapG1sMdgYfduGC3e-GACtC-3ehggbYDRqMT3H50Cd3LZI2xJGFZWDeF-2_ACtC-3c3ayTAc5Tp-qotm9khS4T3o1D3g86wPhXZ

embarrassments have to defend

ACtC-3ceX8CpJB9zmBGHwLI68wWbUK51wCb0ZSKx

...getting out of this chapter on a hard ironman was never pretty, if Lyn's fail squad had a miss someone was going to die, and a lot of runs ended here to a dead Lyn.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

qi2YmhF.png

"Crap, I've become irrelevant because Florina's better than me?"

You have a rather unlucky Eliwood. Than again

ACtC-3cV_7tAUZdDX5775LzJKhtWN68MVhHdl3A_

I had an unlucky Florina on the first HHM I ever did (with Lyn, hence why she has lower strength than the base no Lyn mode version). Wasn't an ironman with this one, but despite all of my attempts to use her, that 5 str made her worse than Eliwood at combat (she got benched after she recruited her sister.)

4 hours ago, Benice said:

P2qUQKT.png

Oh! Wil can OHKO these guys with a steel bow! Training him might not be so bad after all!

All that training on Wil is paying dividends already (plus buying that steel bow on turn 1). Boy this chapter is different when you have functional units defending Lyn.

ODxKWmv.png

AIIEEE! SAIN! NOO! Oh...Oh my god...That was close. Save your crit for when it WON'T kill you next time, please.

...seems Noble Lady of Caelin almost claimed a kill despite all that Lyn mode training.

JolUg0h.png

Pretty adequate. Better than my 20 Priscilla already!

You had a really cursed Priscilla on that run, she ended up as a real MVP, and the highest level survivor (other than Athos) on my successful ironman.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

0k5TyAQ.png

That is such a good Oswin. I would not be suprised if he surpasses the one I brought to endgame on my successful ironman.

Good luck unlocking the gaiden on next chapter, and hopefully a thief doesn't successfully run away with the first Knight Crest.

That was an interesting video! I guess Canas wasn't supposed to cap magic, speed, defense and resistance, then. Too bad I killed Matthew and my best hope for early promotion for Canas.

Yeah, those videos are great. You can get a Guiding Ring from a chest in chapter 21 and Legault will open it while he gets all the way to the escape point, so you can use that. And you get an Earth Seal in chapter 24 too.

*Shrug* All I can tell you is that Eliwood could very well be doubled by generics in 13x.

*sigh* well that's eliwood I guess.

Yaay! I hope he does well for me. I have Florina, but having multiple flyers would be nice; I also am very fond of Fiora and am eager to use Farina since I've never seen her before!

You can use all except for one iirc, maybe only 2 since you will lose an Elysian Whip that you can steal.

Rebec.png?dl=0You're not Wil! W-was finding him and getting married all a dream?

Noooooooo 😢

which I need for next chapter if I want 17x

Not really, you only need to keep one soldier alive and there's plenty of time for that.

:((((((((

Lra20K9.png

Denied. I'll figure out how to get rid of that guy later.

Sure it somewhat wastes the Rapier but why not give it to him?

vnaB2LM.png

DANGIT, ELIWOOD!

That's the problem with Eliwood, he has a semi-equal chance to get either the good stats, or the bad ones. So it can be like: HP STR SPD DEF ooooor HP SKL LUCK RES.

Berfect

Berfect.

Yay, a Priscilla level. I'm sure it'll be luck and nothing else. Even Serra's better than her.

MErXlYQ.png

...I TAKE IT ALL BACK! YOU'RE AMAZING! NO WONDER DARIN AND NINO THIRSTED OVER YOU! Oh man! That's an awesome start! She still dies in a hit from most things, but it's a start!

SERRA BETTER THAN PRISCILLA? REEEEEEEEEEEE
Hehehehe yes, but then again Rebecca is already uninterested so maybe I have a chance at Priscilla? Or wait, did I cheat on Rebecca? Maybe I did, I'm not sure if that counts as cheating.

h6YSNDn.png

Agh! I had to risk Sain's life to protecc Eliwood. I may regret it...

gBSzQkz.png

Oho! A crit!

9L3RTQR.png

Toast!

Wait...That's bad. That's really bad. It opens the way for another cav to attack him and he can't survive three hits. Oh no!!! I thought I could finally beat a chapter without a death! Sain!! I can't lose my army now that I have a reasonably sized one!

vR3lPhg.pngKATiykn.png

No...No...No...No...No.....Nooooooo...

QStxkHq.png

Ooh, nice level. You are in dire need of speed, but defense is good.

Not that it matters, since you are about to die.

ODxKWmv.png

That was intense, thank god Sain survived, he's one of my faves.
Like Sain, Rebecca, Heath and recently Priscilla are like some of my most favorite units in FE7

IIRC, Uhai drops an Orion's bolt and I want Wil to be ready to promote when I get it.

You would be right, also Wil gets +2 Speed on promotion which sort of helps, I wish he got +3 spd like Rebecca does with strength upon promotion but oh well.

h1mM6F7.png

A bad level for Wil,

Man these level-ups are not helping, on average he is:
+1 HP, -1 Skl, -1 Luck, +1 Def and -1 Res. Everything else is equal

0k5TyAQ.png

Epic!