Jump to content
Gordin

Do you think it's possible for Koei Techmo to be working on warriors 2 right now?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

 

One thing I would like to point out is that Lissa's moveset in FEW1 is different from the moves the generic Fighter enemies use in that game; as such, Lissa's moveset could be considered a War Cleric moveset, rather than a simple Fighter moveset.

I could see Crusher Annette using that same moveset, perhaps with Crusher having an innate Topsy-Turvy the same way Falchion has innate Dracoslayer.

I've previously suggested giving each character two movesets to choose from, and in Annette's case I'd give her War Cleric as her primary and Mage as her secondary. That way she gets Crusher first and foremost.

On that note, I'd love to see every weapon have an innate effect. 

Falchions - Dracoslayer

Sol Katti - Dracoslayer

Wo Dao - Critical+

Raijinto - Wingslayer

Missiletainn - Topsy Turvy

Etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

On that note, I'd love to see every weapon have an innate effect. 

Falchions - Dracoslayer

Sol Katti - Dracoslayer

Wo Dao - Critical+

Raijinto - Wingslayer

Missiletainn - Topsy Turvy

Etc.

Me too, I disliked the favoritism certain weapons got.... Wing spear looking at you

Actually I think the Raijinto would have Armorslayer, I mean it is lightning after all, or the spellbane yumi should have tomebreaker

Edited by ciphertul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

On that note, I'd love to see every weapon have an innate effect. 

Falchions - Dracoslayer

Sol Katti - Dracoslayer

Wo Dao - Critical+

Raijinto - Wingslayer

Missiletainn - Topsy Turvy

Etc.

That would help give prf weapons actual distinguishing characteristics beyond just looks.

Bows are tricky, though, because they already have innate Wingslayer and the 8th slot goes to True Power / Divine Favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

That would help give prf weapons actual distinguishing characteristics beyond just looks.

Bows are tricky, though, because they already have innate Wingslayer and the 8th slot goes to True Power / Divine Favor.

Maybe make that a innate bonus on bows instead of taking up the Special slot, but still only let bows get one other slayer skills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

That would help give prf weapons actual distinguishing characteristics beyond just looks.

Bows are tricky, though, because they already have innate Wingslayer and the 8th slot goes to True Power / Divine Favor.

My solution would be to give every bow the Wing Spear treatment, with a combo skill. All of which have Wingslayer as the base effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

My solution would be to give every bow the Wing Spear treatment, with a combo skill. All of which have Wingslayer as the base effect.

I considered that but it'd get pretty complex if every Bow had its own unique skill..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Welp, I am sorry to have gotten anyone's hopes up with NG+ Expo. No news on any Warriors games, let alone FEW2.

 

Should have been named Old Game + Expo.

Eh, I wasn't expecting it to be revealed there anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Eh, I wasn't expecting it to be revealed there anyway.

I was disappointed in the showcase in general. Lots of fuckawful trash from Aksys and Idea Factory. Nothing that I wanted and didn't already know about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I was disappointed in the showcase in general. Lots of fuckawful trash from Aksys and Idea Factory. Nothing that I wanted and didn't already know about.

Kinda sad you feel that way, I’m always up for a Iffy game... but likewise I had a feeling that we wouldn’t hear anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Kinda sad you feel that way, I’m always up for a Iffy game... but likewise I had a feeling that we wouldn’t hear anything

I hope you found something more to your liking.

 

To me, I was hoping for RPGs and Warriors games. What I got was a lot of fighting games, two female-perspective dating simulators (so literally not the target audience for those), retro games, and a bunch of games that were already announced.

 

At least YS 9 is officially being localized. That's something, even if financial reports had already hinted at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I hope you found something more to your liking.

 

To me, I was hoping for RPGs and Warriors games. What I got was a lot of fighting games, two female-perspective dating simulators (so literally not the target audience for those), retro games, and a bunch of games that were already announced.

 

At least YS 9 is officially being localized. That's something, even if financial reports had already hinted at it.

Oh, I didn't watch it at all. Yea I agree with you... I'm not a fan of fighting games... or female perspective dating sims. But what can we do? I'll just keep waiting and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Two new Warriors games will be revealed during Tokyo Game Show on the 27th. 

 

Chances are, both of these are mainline Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors games, but you never know. Fingers crossed.

I don’t see another Samurai Warriors yet... I don’t think spirit of Sanada did that well. 
Will we get Dynasty Warrior 9 XL or 9 empire or will the go straight to 10?

But yeah, FEW 2 come on, no whammie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I don’t see another Samurai Warriors yet... I don’t think spirit of Sanada did that well. 
Will we get Dynasty Warrior 9 XL or 9 empire or will the go straight to 10?

But yeah, FEW 2 come on, no whammie!

Actually, we know that SW5 is at some point in development. It's the only certainty that we do have in regards to KT planned games.

 

We also know from a recent interview that DW9 empires or XL isn't happening. And good, because DW9 is a dessicated foreskin masquerading as a video game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Actually, we know that SW5 is at some point in development. It's the only certainty that we do have in regards to KT planned games.

 

We also know from a recent interview that DW9 empires or XL isn't happening. And good, because DW9 is a dessicated foreskin masquerading as a video game.

I may be the only one but... I really want to see a Warriors Orochi Empires, it won’t happen thou.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Two new Warriors games will be revealed during Tokyo Game Show on the 27th. 

 

Chances are, both of these are mainline Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors games, but you never know. Fingers crossed.

Not gonna get my hopes up.

But I want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Not gonna get my hopes up.

But I want to.

Don't be too disappointed if they don't. The time between One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and 4 was 5 years, and that is their biggest license by far.

 

A longer delay just means more and newer potential focus games and more franchise popularity, if it ever happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Don't be too disappointed if they don't. The time between One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and 4 was 5 years, and that is their biggest license by far.

 

A longer delay just means more and newer potential focus games and more franchise popularity, if it ever happens.

I mean... isn't that the problem this game already had, focusing too much on Awakening and Fates at the expense of older titles?

But yeah I'm fine with it taking a while, I just hope it happens some day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I mean... isn't that the problem this game already had, focusing too much on Awakening and Fates at the expense of older titles?

But yeah I'm fine with it taking a while, I just hope it happens some day.

Well, yes. But I really couldn't be too mad if say... they did it again but gave us token Ike and Roy (caugh and Hector and Ephraim caugh) like they did with Celica and Lyn.

 

I also didn't just mean new titles. There's always the chance that more Echoes remakes means more attention given to games that otherwise might not have gotten it. And considering the top speculated candidates seem to be Geneology, Binding Blade, and Tellius, the results would be as hoped.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Don't be too disappointed if they don't. The time between One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and 4 was 5 years, and that is their biggest license by far.

 

A longer delay just means more and newer potential focus games and more franchise popularity, if it ever happens.

That doesn't always mean the end result was good. I believe the time between Dynasty Warriors 8 and 9 was six years. 

And then we got Dynasty Warriors 9 out of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That doesn't always mean the end result was good. I believe the time between Dynasty Warriors 8 and 9 was six years. 

And then we got Dynasty Warriors 9 out of it. 

Well, I mean that's another topic altogether. FEW is hard to mess up because the core gameplay is just that good. They need to focus on giving people what they want rather than getting too ambitious (this criticism could also be leveled at both the main DW franchise and the main FE franchise).

 

But the thing is that Koei is basically the almost sole provider (and saturater) of an entire genre. Time gaps between sequels can be long, but that's because we're also getting other licensed spinoffs, DW games, SW games, and WO games, all from the same publisher. And only the occassional small competitor (like Fate Extella, N3, or Sengoku Basaara) pops up from anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd much rather have another (Brand new, mind you, not a remake) Fire Emblem game then a Warriors 2. It was a fun experience, yeah, but I don't need it again. It's satisfying, yeah, but i just play it so that Corrin/Someone else probably can beat up the monster thingies. I don't even remember the story.

Edited by Emmy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Emmy said:

I'd much rather have another (Brand new, mind you, not a remake) Fire Emblem game then a Warriors 2. It was a fun experience, yeah, but I don't need it again. It's satisfying, yeah, but i just play it so that Corrin/Someone else probably can beat up the monster thingies. I don't even remember the story.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Warriors 2 would not slow down your next new game. At all. Because they simply aren't made by the same developers.

 

Warriors is developed by Koei Tecmo through their Omega Force and/or Team Ninja studios. Fire Emblem is developed by Intelligent Systems, under Nintendo. Even 3 Houses, which was outsourced to Koei Tecmo, was developed by Koei Tecmo's Romance of the Three Kingdoms team, meaning it was also not competing for development with Warriors.

 

And because 3 Houses was developed on the FE Warriors engine, it was helped by Warriors, and Warriors 2 could be helped by it.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...