I have a minor prediction for if/when they make an FE4 remake

Corrobin

I would bet money on them adding some sort of romantic Sigurd/Deirdre scene involving a full moon or body of water that has a sweeping power ballad-y song playing.

You know, like something from Lunar: The Silver Star, or a Ghibli movie. Or, heck, 90s Disney movies.

Well it would be potentially cheesy but it would be better than what was there originally lol.

Bonus points if Deirdre does the "take me" face like Nala. Before you say no that won't happen...

comeonface.png

The take me face in Xenoblade 1. Lol.

Disney Princesses tend to win the freedom/happiness that they're singing for. Deirdre's not so lucky. But what the hell, go all in on the mush. If they can write a convincing romance, then it'll hurt much more to watch when everything is taken away from Sigurd.

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I mean, something like that kinda happened in the Oosawa manga.

Except Deirdre was bathing

Throw in the horny Nala face and I'm sold.

I mean, with the event in chapter 10 I get the idea. Calling it now, it'd be as part of a major expansion of the story and characters between chapters.

Considering Three Houses has an roamable area in Garreg Mach, I could see them deciding to try something similar for the base castles between chapters. Then again, we'll never know before it happens.

8 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Throw in the horny Nala face and I'm sold.

I mean, when Deirdre freaks out about Sigurd's hand (he bashed it on a rock out of anger and scraped it) and offers to heal it, he reminds her that she's naked and adds that he wouldn't mind if Deirdre stayed naked.

Is that close enough?

32 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I mean, something like that kinda happened in the Oosawa manga.

Except Deirdre was bathing

NGL that made me mildly uncomfortable.

And Rip Azel he's the only character from FE4 that I liked from volume one and he still got the short end of the stick. He had it better than Strong and Tough, though.

Edited by Benice

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

NGL that made me mildly uncomfortable.

And Rip Azel he's the only character from FE4 that I liked from volume one and he still got the short end of the stick. He had it better than Strong and Tough, though.

Oh? Did you start reading it?

Azelle gets much better in the following volumes.

9 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Oh? Did you start reading it?

Azelle gets much better in the following volumes.

That means Edain dumps Jamke, right?

Indeed; I think I just finished volumes 1 and 2 the other day. I honestly just want to see my boy Azel(le) get a good ending.

Just now, Benice said:

That means Edain dumps Jamke, right?

Indeed; I think I just finished volumes 1 and 2 the other day. I honestly just want to see my boy Azel(le) get a good ending.

Nope. But Azelle does find love.

If I remember correctly from an old interview, there were originally plans to flesh out their romance precisely so it wouldn't feel rushed. Then the plan got scrapped due to time or something like that.

Nowadays there'd be no excuse, in theory, so... yeah, I could see them doing so if a remake ever happens.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Disney Princesses tend to win the freedom/happiness that they're singing for. Deirdre's not so lucky. But what the hell, go all in on the mush. If they can write a convincing romance, then it'll hurt much more to watch when everything is taken away from Sigurd.

I'd rather diabetic levels of cliche saccharine mush over nothing. Because right now we have basically nothing. And trying to do something convincing a decent seems quite unlikely given the layout of the gameplay in the story.

I'm going to be slightly tilted if this romance isn't expanded on.  It's part of the central conflict, so it deserves far more than "hey we met, you're pretty, oh look we're married, oh hi there Seliph".