Tired of useless heroes...

MauGib

57 minutes ago, eclipse said:

No one's forcing you to play this game, or make this topic~!

We don't know that for sure! OP, if your life is under threat, make a post with an odd number of letters in it!

13 minutes ago, MauGib said:

Nice to know I am welcome to express my frustration on these forums. This game will never get any better if you only hear from the fanboys (and fangirls)...

29 words. They're in trouble! Call the swat!

As much as I understand you, if the game really doesn't bring you joy, there us no point in getting frustrated over it. It's designed around spending money, even more so with the powercreeps lately (as all the gacha games usually are). I've been playing since launch, with breaks of varying lengths (with anywhere between 2-3 weeks to 2-3 months), and just recently I realized the fun in the game for me is making creative, rather than PvP optimal builds. I'm no longer as interested in summoning and all as I was at the beginning, where there was not a big difference between F2P and whale units.
What I guess I want to say is, there is no game in this world that's worth getting frustrated over. I know it sounds like just a nice way of saying "stop playing it if you don't like it", but I really mean it.

3 hours ago, MauGib said:

After obtaining one Velouria and 39 useless heroes in 40 summonings...

As a veteran player, I would not recommend sending units home for Feathers. The amount of Feathers you gain simply is not worth it compared to turning them into Combat Manuals for Skill Inheritance.

4 hours ago, MauGib said:

After obtaining one Velouria and 39 useless heroes in 40 summonings...

I never play this game before. Those maps in game is much smaller than other FE games. 

Battle animations are cute. but it isnt not my type.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

As a veteran player, I would not recommend sending units home for Feathers. The amount of Feathers you gain simply is not worth it compared to turning them into Combat Manuals for Skill Inheritance.

Some units are worth fuck all for skill inheritance though. Especially when you have like ten of them.

Edited by Jotari

Wow, I gotta say, there's no reason to pick at someone who's obviously feeling pretty down. That's just shallow, in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of people have been there playing Heroes, and I've seen plenty of points of complaining about not getting what they want.

On topic: Well you just have to look at it as, it's paving the way to something better. Sure you might get something you don't want now, but you will in the future.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Some units are worth fuck all for skill inheritance though. Especially when you have like ten of them.

A lot of the less valuable fodder are still good for making more efficient use of more valuable skill fodder. Virion is not particularly valuable in itself, but I think he is pretty good for making more efficient use of foddering Cordelia.

55 minutes ago, XRay said:

A lot of the less valuable fodder are still good for making more efficient use of more valuable skill fodder. Virion is not particularly valuable in itself, but I think he is pretty good for making more efficient use of foddering Cordelia.

Or i could convert six of him into feathers and leave one around on the very remote chance I require a Seal Speed.

45 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Or i could convert six of him into feathers and leave one around on the very remote chance I require a Seal Speed.

It is not the Seal Spd that makes him useful, but it is the fact he has Astra, so the player can pass along Brave Lance and/or Triangle Adept when they fodder Cordelia. I guess the player can pass along Seal Spd too if the player is really into completing all skill lines.

Cordelia
Galeforce > Virion
Triangle Adept > Selena
Brave Lance > Est
Pass

Virion
Astra
Defiant Res
Seal Spd > Est

Est
Brave Lance
Shove
Seal Spd

Selena
Reposition
Triangle Adept
Threaten Spd > Shanna

Shanna
Desperation > Mae
Threaten Spd
Chilling Wind

Mae
Draw Back
Desperation

Pal, as mean as it sounds, you gotta make a choice. When people say suck it up or quit... that really is the only options. So think are you having enough fun to justify playing? Despite my love of FE, I hate Heroes so I don’t play it. When I tried it I was like you. I never got anything good just Lonqu and Mathew over and over again. In the end you and you alone gotta make that call.

11 hours ago, MauGib said:

Nice to know I am welcome to express my frustration on these forums. This game will never get any better if you only hear from the fanboys (and fangirls)...

I warn people for not knowing how to express their frustration properly.  Like what you're doing.

The game doesn't cater to you.  So it really is a choice - deal with it or do something better with your time.  Whining accomplishes nothing.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow, I gotta say, there's no reason to pick at someone who's obviously feeling pretty down. That's just shallow, in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of people have been there playing Heroes, and I've seen plenty of points of complaining about not getting what they want.

Because the game owes no one anything outside of its own pull rules.  Complain if the New Heroes freebie isn't a banner character, or you chose a red orb and Jagen pops out.  Not getting what you want is nature of gacha, and it's clearly not for everyone.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'm always in need of feathers.  Still haven't given a certain armored loner her Galeforce, among other things!

Edited by eclipse

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Still haven't given a certain armored loner her Galeforce, among other things!

What, no Cordelias lately?

Sitting on 200k myself, trying to figure out the next merge project... I just might give the Reinhardt his +10 treatment..

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Because the game owes no one anything outside of its own pull rules.  Complain if the New Heroes freebie isn't a banner character, or you chose a red orb and Jagen pops out.  Not getting what you want is nature of gacha, and it's clearly not for everyone.

Well not quite the same, way back when they did the Short hair ladies and long hair gents banners. I pulled Soren out of the ladies summon. I felt pretty pissed at that one. But I know how irritating it can be, sometimes you just need to vent 

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Well not quite the same, way back when they did the Short hair ladies and long hair gents banners. I pulled Soren out of the ladies summon. I felt pretty pissed at that one. But I know how irritating it can be, sometimes you just need to vent 

Soren's hair is fabulous!  😛

It's natural to want to vent.  The question is how it's done, and why.  The second post by this guy is far more telling than the first when it comes to motivation.  IMO that kind of mentality tends to be unhappy in gacha games in general. . .and I'd much rather people be happy than get mad at a glorified RNG.  That's what Jugdral is for.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Soren's hair is fabulous!  😛

It's natural to want to vent.  The question is how it's done, and why.  The second post by this guy is far more telling than the first when it comes to motivation.  IMO that kind of mentality tends to be unhappy in gacha games in general. . .and I'd much rather people be happy than get mad at a glorified RNG.  That's what Jugdral is for.

Well I felt the second reply was more like ( screw this place they are yelling for posting my feels). While, sure, not the best way to do it, but I really don’t think it was their intention. And people forget that gacha game are basically rage games with micro transactions 

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

I never said it did? Either way, is bullying someone really the right way to go, no matter the situation?

Just now, ciphertul said:

Well I felt the second reply was more like ( screw this place they are yelling for posting my feels). While, sure, not the best way to do it, but I really don’t think it was their intention. And people forget that gacha game are basically rage games with micro transactions 

There's some criticism of the game and base itself, which speaks to something more than mere salt.

Gacha games is hoping and praying the RNG likes you, especially since the banners feature multiple characters, and the 5* system isn't handled as well as it could be in this game (few banners guarantee "you're only getting THIS subset of 5* units").  Which means that the RNG will eventually decide that it isn't going to roll a number, so the player either has to decide to give themselves more chances to get the unit they want, or live with the fact that the RNG's being a pain.  It's not a decision that everyone wants to make.  I handle it by reminding myself that I have the tools I need to get what I want out of this game, and my happiness isn't tied to getting some unit or other, so if the RNG wants to throw a temper tantrum, eh.  Life would be pretty boring if I always got what I wanted.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I never said it did? Either way, is bullying someone really the right way to go, no matter the situation?

Let's pretend that you said. . .well, something, and I wasn't happy about it.  It's okay if I'm unhappy about it.  It's not okay if I told everyone that you know that you're a terrible person.

Thus, the issue isn't the disappointment, it's how it's handled.  And in this case. . .this is the wrong way to deal with it.