Minor Bosses you'd like to see

Jotari

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

I'm not sure if you would consider him a minor boss, but Levail is someone I really want to see. I'm disappointed he doesn't show up on the CYL voting. I would vote for him honestly.

I'd definitely consider Levail a minor boss. Sure he has a somewhat decent amount of screen time and is fought in the final series of chapters, but his impact and presence in the story is pretty negligible. Not in CYL for a reason.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:45 PM, Jotari said:

I've always thought Marla and Hestia could be excellent Halloween units. Like Greil you don't even need to really change their design. Just debut them as seasonals.

I'm still not overly fond of the whole characters first, and possibly only, get in as seasonals, but I suppose it's better than nothing, and especially for characters that minor. But yeah, I could definitely see that working for both of them. They've pretty much got halloween costumes already.

On 7/28/2020 at 2:43 PM, SirErrant said:

Sure, why not? He has a good chance as it is just by being related to Ishtar, and indirectly, Reinhardt. (magic is everything) 

Him plus Liza would be a cute couple. 

True, but Orson's still not in the game, and he'd be super cool (especially if they made him a fallen unit). Watch him be a Valentine's seasonal though.

It's still a bit weird to think how Rein is probably still the most popular Jugdral character in the greater FE fanbase now. But yeah, that'd be cool to see. Do like a gen 2 banner and have Ishtor as the GHB and Liza as the demote or something. Will probably never happen, but would be cool to see.

As for Orson, I'd love to see him get in, and hopefully be better than Seth (both art and as a unit). Same for Caellach and especially Dussel. Them mostly I wasn't sure if they were minor enough to be considered for the topic. I suppose Glen probably would be seeing as he does have some story prominence, but never actually shows up on the battlefield. Orson might actually be a decent candidate for another fallen banner. He's not possessed in the same sense as most of the characters, but he's definitely lost it and they could play it up a bit. Maybe even have Monica make an appearance? But I digress.

On 7/28/2020 at 11:33 PM, Jotari said:

I'd definitely consider Levail a minor boss. Sure he has a somewhat decent amount of screen time and is fought in the final series of chapters, but his impact and presence in the story is pretty negligible. Not in CYL for a reason.

Poor Levail. He's got such a nice design, a fairly decent bit of character building including some nice battle convos, and even has the honor of being one of the few true tier 3 units in the game, but no one cares about him.

On the topic of unimportant Tellian Wishblade wielding bosses, Bryce would be a phenomenal add to the game.

7 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

I'm still not overly fond of the whole characters first, and possibly only, get in as seasonals, but I suppose it's better than nothing, and especially for characters that minor. But yeah, I could definitely see that working for both of them. They've pretty much got halloween costumes already.

It's still a bit weird to think how Rein is probably still the most popular Jugdral character in the greater FE fanbase now. But yeah, that'd be cool to see. Do like a gen 2 banner and have Ishtor as the GHB and Liza as the demote or something. Will probably never happen, but would be cool to see.

As for Orson, I'd love to see him get in, and hopefully be better than Seth (both art and as a unit). Same for Caellach and especially Dussel. Them mostly I wasn't sure if they were minor enough to be considered for the topic. I suppose Glen probably would be seeing as he does have some story prominence, but never actually shows up on the battlefield. Orson might actually be a decent candidate for another fallen banner. He's not possessed in the same sense as most of the characters, but he's definitely lost it and they could play it up a bit. Maybe even have Monica make an appearance? But I digress.

Poor Levail. He's got such a nice design, a fairly decent bit of character building including some nice battle convos, and even has the honor of being one of the few true tier 3 units in the game, but no one cares about him.

On the topic of unimportant Tellian Wishblade wielding bosses, Bryce would be a phenomenal add to the game.

I think I'd prefer Levail over Bryce. Cause, you know, lance infantry.

21 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I think I'd prefer Levail over Bryce. Cause, you know, lance infantry.

In terms of characters, Bryce is one of my favorites in the series, so while I like Levail plenty, I can't say I agree. But in terms of what they bring to Heroes, I can certainly agree. I doubt it'd happen, but Levail as a DC lance infantry would be pretty cool. I don't think we have one of those yet.

Edited by bottlegnomes

4 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

In terms of characters, Bryce is one of my favorites in the series, so while I like Levail plenty, I can't say I agree. But in terms of what they bring to Heroes, I can certainly agree. I doubt it'd happen, but Levail as a DC lance infantry would be pretty cool. I don't think we have one of those yet.

Well Fjorn isn't from the main canon, but she is a DC lance infantry.

4 hours ago, Gordin said:

Lorentz (New mystery)

I don't think there's any real need for a playable and boss variations of Lorentz, but I wouldn't mind if generic Lorentz (like with the Shadow Dragon ending title) took elements from his brief Mystery appearance. Especially if it involved exploding all over the enemy when he dies!

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well Fjorn isn't from the main canon, but she is a DC lance infantry.

Oh, wow, so not only did I completely forget she existed, but then my immediate context for her was Dragalia Lost rather than FEH. I feel a little bad.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Oh, wow, so not only did I completely forget she existed, but then my immediate context for her was Dragalia Lost rather than FEH. I feel a little bad.

I assumed that was just a different character with the same name, but I googled it anyway and huh? It's actually Fire Emblem's Fjorm (also I mispelled it before). What is Dragalia Lost? Are there other Fire Emblem characters in it?

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I assumed that was just a different character with the same name, but I googled it anyway and huh? It's actually Fire Emblem's Fjorm (also I mispelled it before). What is Dragalia Lost? Are there other Fire Emblem characters in it?

It's another gacha game that did a crossover event with Heroes a while ago. I believe Alfonse and Veronica were also involved in the crossover, I forget if there was anyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's another gacha game that did a crossover event with Heroes a while ago. I believe Alfonse and Veronica were also involved in the crossover, I forget if there was anyone else. 

They did a second crossover event earlier this year, this time adding Sharena, Peony, Tiki and Chrom.

For people who haven't seen Dragalia Lost advertised, it might be because its availability is a lot more restricted than FEH, looking at the list it's really only East Asia plus English-speaking countries currently.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

As others beat me to, yep, same Fjorm from a cross-over FEH did with DL. Both are Nintendo-managed gachas, but DL is co-developed with Cygames, who I guess has a fairly good reputation in the gacha sphere. DL is a fair bit more story- and character-focused. Basically every new character has their own Forging Bonds-type Adventurer Story and all the events and chapters have fairly well-developed stories. Well-developed in the sense that they're actually filled out rather than FEH's essentially bullet-point-outline approach to non-FB events; whether the stories are good is subject to the normal opinions. If I'm remembering correct, and apologies if I'm getting users mixed up, you like reading about characters and stories, so you might find it, or at least reading the FEH events' stories, interesting.

As for Fjorm specifically, she and the rest of the FEH cast were fairly big players in their respective events as well as getting a fair bit of screen time from the adventurer stories. Add on that Fjorm was a bit of a positive meme for a while, being the easiest way to clear certain end-game content of the time, and her being largely absent from FEH anymore, and I actually have a stronger mental connection between her and DL than I do her and FEH.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

For people who haven't seen Dragalia Lost advertised, it might be because its availability is a lot more restricted than FEH, looking at the list it's really only East Asia plus English-speaking countries currently.

Huh, I was thinking it was available across all of Europe.

Anyway, I suppose I'm getting rather off-topic, so to bring it back, I wouldn't mind seeing any of the armors from Xavier's recruitment added in. Another one that's inspired completely by personal bias, and is a bit of a cheat, would be the FE5 possessed dreadlords, basically so I can have sniper Eyvel. Any of them would be a decent candidate for a future fallen heroes banner.

As for Lorentz, that would be kind of cool, if completely impractical, if they gave him something like Surtr's personal skill except when he died. It'd be useless in player hands, but a complete nightmare to deal with as an AR defense unit. As a more reasonable one, maybe when unit drops below 50% health, it triggers at the start of the next player phase turn? It'd still be a bit spamable via healers, but not quite so annoying to deal with.

Edited by bottlegnomes

On 8/5/2020 at 12:22 PM, bottlegnomes said:

Yeah, Ishtor as a GHB would be the most likely way to include him in the game, but it's not really likely. 

Orson would be a great candidate for a fallen banner, given that by the time you fight him as a boss he's gone completely insane. Most of his quotes would probably be about Monica, honestly. It'd be great. Honestly, I don't know why Duessel's not already in the game yet, even as a GHB. As a Camus archetype that actually joins your game, he's one of the best candidates for a Sacred Stones-related GHB.

Funny story, my friend plays Dragalia Lost all the time, and one time when I showed him FEH, he said, "Cool, is that the game with Fjorm and Veronica in it?" 

4 hours ago, SirErrant said:

Yeah, Ishtor as a GHB would be the most likely way to include him in the game, but it's not really likely. 

What about a Duo Hero Unit of Ishtor and Liza? I don't think we had a Duo Unit of two villains together since I think there's only one antagonist in entire Hero roster had as a Duo Hero Unit was Idunn and it did have Idunn and Fae was added as a Duo Hero Unit. What about make Ishtor as the attacker while Liza be the support unit for the Duo Hero combination?

Edited by King Marth 64

Anyway, I suppose I'm getting rather off-topic, so to bring it back, I wouldn't mind seeing any of the armors from Xavier's recruitment added in. Another one that's inspired completely by personal bias, and is a bit of a cheat, would be the FE5 possessed dreadlords, basically so I can have sniper Eyvel. Any of them would be a decent candidate for a future fallen heroes banner.

We likely will get Sniper Eyvel at some point in the form of Briggid.

Wow. That would be a whole new level of minority. I know those guys have faces, but do they even h ave any dialogue?

42 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

What about a Duo Hero Unit of Ishtor and Liza? I don't think we had a Duo Unit of two villains together since I think there's only one antagonist in entire Hero roster had as a Duo Hero Unit was Idunn and it did have Idunn and Fae was added as a Duo Hero Unit. What about make Ishtor as the attacker while Liza be the support unit for the Duo Hero combination?

Liza's so minor even the people who complain about the notion of original duo units probably wouldn't be able to criticize that one (nah, what am I talking about? People can criticize anything).

We likely will get Sniper Eyvel at some point in the form of Briggid.

As dumb as it sounds they're not the same to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm hyped about Briggid too, but I prefer Eyvel's design somewhat and I just like the older elements of her character.

Wow. That would be a whole new level of minority. I know those guys have faces, but do they even h ave any dialogue?

I want to say they have a tiny bit of dialogue with their correlated civilians, but I can't say I remember for certain. Heck, I don't even remember their faces other than that I remember thinking that they had surprisingly good designs for how insignificant they are.

Edit: Just checked and several of them are reuses of bosses, but I think a few are actually custom designs. https://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe5/guia/ENG_cap18.htm

Edited by bottlegnomes

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

As dumb as it sounds they're not the same to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm hyped about Briggid too, but I prefer Eyvel's design somewhat and I just like the older elements of her character.

I do wish they weren't the same. Making Eyvel an amnesiac Briggid added absolutely nothing to her as a character. She worked absolutely fine as a character as is without that element. All it did was serve (in combination with a hell of other survivals) to cheapen the Battle of Belhalla. That being said if we do get the Dread Lords, I would kind of prefer them to be disconnected from any specific incarnation so they can be a bit more loose and free with weapon and movement types. Though having them more generic like that would make them kind of hard to actually sell as characters where as the Thracian versions could be depicted as fallen heroes. That would only cover about half the set though which would be a bit disappointing. Some other game needs to reintroduce the Dread Lords and give faces to the non Thracian ones. 😕

Would Jiol from shadow dragon count as a minor boss? He'd make a cool GHB unit. More F2P armors are always welcome to me. Even better if they make him a bow armor unit. That would be amazing.

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Would Jiol from shadow dragon count as a minor boss? He'd make a cool GHB unit. More F2P armors are always welcome to me. Even better if they make him a bow armor unit. That would be amazing.

Eh...probably. I mean he really shouldn't given he's King of one of the enemy nations and is releated to playable characters, but his presence is pretty minor. It was a good idea to give him a cameo in the Shadow Dragon prologue. He does use a killer bow though, so great opportunity there.

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

I do wish they weren't the same. Making Eyvel an amnesiac Briggid added absolutely nothing to her as a character. She worked absolutely fine as a character as is without that element. All it did was serve (in combination with a hell of other survivals) to cheapen the Battle of Belhalla. That being said if we do get the Dread Lords, I would kind of prefer them to be disconnected from any specific incarnation so they can be a bit more loose and free with weapon and movement types. Though having them more generic like that would make them kind of hard to actually sell as characters where as the Thracian versions could be depicted as fallen heroes. That would only cover about half the set though which would be a bit disappointing. Some other game needs to reintroduce the Dread Lords and give faces to the non Thracian ones. 😕

I kind of agree in the sense that it does cheapen the Battle of Belhalla. At first it's like well, damn, everyone died. Then it's like oh hey, Edain survived, cool. Then they kept adding characters and it's like did anyone except Sigurd actually die? Hyperbole. I know there are others who die, but it does reach a point where it wouldn't be surprising if they all survived.

That said, I like that Eyvel has a past rather than just being a villager and warrior, kind of similar to how Greil's past makes him a bit more interesting of a character. FE5 does so little with it that it's basically pointless, but I think if they'd done more with it, it could've been interesting. The amnesia could either stay and have part of her arc be her search for who she is, or go and have her be in hiding of some sort. None of this is contingent on her being Brigid specifically though, so it doesn't really matter. Plus, for me personally, it's not like Brigid is the one I liked. She benefited from me liking Eyvel. I guess I could see the Battle being a bit more exploration of it, but again FE5's whole arc in that regard is "Oh hey, she's Brigid, lol." Maybe something along the lines of she barely survived, and dragged herself away from all the corpses of her friends after the bodies were disposed of, and while trying to basically not die on the spot, she meets a traveling villager from Fiana who helps her out and invites her back with him. That would serve to reinforce Eyvel's ties to the town. Then again, it's been forever since I played FE5, so I don't know how much that would contradict existing FE5 lore.

Edited by bottlegnomes

i'd really like to see Seeker, the boss from PoR's Chapter 12

in fact, i wanted him to be the pirate themed banner's TT reward, instead of darros

Edited by Yexin

I kind of agree in the sense that it does cheapen the Battle of Belhalla. At first it's like well, damn, everyone died. Then it's like oh hey, Edain survived, cool. Then they kept adding characters and it's like did anyone except Sigurd actually die? Hyperbole. I know there are others who die, but it does reach a point where it wouldn't be surprising if they all survived.

That said, I like that Eyvel has a past rather than just being a villager and warrior, kind of similar to how Greil's past makes him a bit more interesting of a character. FE5 does so little with it that it's basically pointless, but I think if they'd done more with it, it could've been interesting. The amnesia could either stay and have part of her arc be her search for who she is, or go and have her be in hiding of some sort. None of this is contingent on her being Brigid specifically though, so it doesn't really matter. Plus, for me personally, it's not like Brigid is the one I liked. She benefited from me liking Eyvel. I guess I could see the Battle being a bit more exploration of it, but again FE5's whole arc in that regard is "Oh hey, she's Brigid, lol." Maybe something along the lines of she barely survived, and dragged herself away from all the corpses of her friends after the bodies were disposed of, and while trying to basically not die on the spot, she meets a traveling villager from Fiana who helps her out and invites her back with him. That would serve to reinforce Eyvel's ties to the town. Then again, it's been forever since I played FE5, so I don't know how much that would contradict existing FE5 lore.

The thing is, the way Eyvel is used in Thracia, any backstory she has is always going to be shoved in as a "By the way" at the ending. Because she has a very specific role to die in the middle of the game, which she achieves very well. Though I suppose comparing to Greil, we learn his backstory and it doesn't feel forced because it ties very directly into the plot. So if Eyvel has some kind of backstory with Veld or something it could work (and let's face it, as a character Veld needs all the help he can get). But really I don't think she needs much of anything. She already has a cool background by being this cool vigilante figure.

So double posting now. Would apologize, but Serenes refuses to let me edit previously made posts, so it can't be helped.

Anyway we just got a Pirate Themed Banner for Heroes, which I think is rather random, but I'm pretty down with it. My first thought however was "Tibarn? Naesala would make a lot more sense as a pirate given that's his actual role in Path of Radiance." But then my second thought was "Wait no, Naesala just ostensibly acted like a pirate, why not make the actual character we see acting like a Sky Pirate in game."

latest?cb=20110223033214

And then I had to google him to find out his name is Seeker. So uh, that's probably why he isn't in the game. Really unnoteworthy and all that, but dammnit if he isn't the best choice in every way not relating to tangible sales.

Another character I'd like to see is one who doesn't even have a name,  Monica's Father from three houses, just because he'd make another flying beast unit.

Edited by Jotari