Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Whenever you post a gif you haven’t used before, do you just search for something fitting or is that one on standby too like the ones you use regularly?

I have a couple saved, like the Illya gifs, but for most of them I just put in a general search to find what I'm looking for.

Have you ever posted any of your writings before?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Have you ever posted any of your writings before?

No, actually. Someone must’ve been looking at my interests. That’s mainly because:

How do you get ideas for your writings?

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

How do you get ideas for your writings?

Oi. That's a very difficult question to answer. I mostly just wait for some inspiration or an idea and go from there. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

What genres of literature do you enjoy most?

Favorite song of all time?

6 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Favorite video game soundtrack?

That's actually a really hard question. I could cop out and say Smash, but it doesn't feature all the songs that I really enjoy from the game soundtracks that I do like. Overall, I'd probably say Xenoblade Chronicles 2, because there are songs that never fail to give me goosebumps, especially when they're played in tandem with certain cutscenes, and the battle themes are literally some of the best battle themes I've ever heard. They never get old.

Honorable mentions to Fire Emblem Fates, Team Fortress 2, and basically every Zelda game.

Do you like spicy food?

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

What genres of literature do you enjoy most?

Fantasy and historical fiction. Nerd intensifies

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oi. That's a very difficult question to answer. I mostly just wait for some inspiration or an idea and go from there. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Well you’re apologizing for nothing impactful, because that is the answer I would expect. I am in the same boat. Although you inquiring about me sharing writing makes me..... hopeful, so thanks.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

Favorite character to play in any smash game?

Marth/Lucina or Corrin.

-------

Video game series you've never played, but want to?

4 hours ago, Randoman said:

Do you play any traditional fighting games? (Eg: Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat)

Nope. Not once in my life, acually.

New idea: What's a video game franchise you've never played but want to?

Favorite boss battle in gaming?

10 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Video game series you've never played, but want to?

I— cocks gun NOOOONONONO TWILIT I WAS GONNA SAY TRAILS I SWEARRRRR fires warning shot ITS TRAILS!! I’D LOVE TO TRY TRAILSSSSSSS!!!!

Please I have a family....

(In all seriousness I’ve always thought those Civilization games looked cool, but I’ve played Civilization Revolution a little bit so I’m not sure if that counts or if that’s like a spinoff or what)

26 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Favorite boss battle in gaming?

Warning: severe Nights of Azure 2 gushing incoming

My absolute favorite boss battle in gaming is the final boss of Nights of Azure 2: Malvasia, the Moon Queen.
Not only is the character herself my absolute favorite antagonist in gaming, but the fight itself is just stellar.

Side note: Nights of Azure 2 is an action RPG.

It has three phases overall, the first phase being a rather clear-cut sword fight between you and her, and she basically uses the same moves as you can, but hers are faster and stronger, and she can also teleport around the battlefield, basically a combination of two bosses you've had to face earlier in the game. Also, the battle theme is amazing.
pWfTGs5.jpg

Phase 2 is a little more complicated. She gains wings and summons four disembodied hands that wield weapons to attack you, and you're basically fighting two enemies at once. You have the group of arms and Malvasia herself, who will bombard you with lasers and bursts of magical energy. The arms can combo you to death if you're not careful, and once they're gone, Malvasia will float around the battlefield, sniping you with magic until they respawn. Defeating Malvasia ends the battle, but it is almost impossible to get to her as long as the arms are there. Overall, an absolutely amazing and frantic phase. And the music is, again, absolutely amazing.
3gmPXH1.jpg

And then, the last phase hits. Malvasia summons a giant suit of armor to fight you and it basically becomes a combination of the first and second phases, where you'll have a sword fight with the armor, and disembodied arms bombard you with attacks. After a while, the entire battlefield goes completely dark, and if you get hit by Malvasia during this time, you will get caught in her ultimate attack that leaves you at very low health, meaning another hit, and you will die. In my Extreme difficulty playthrough that I did recently, I fell to this attack at least twice. XD
And once you've drained her of half her HP, Malvasia herself will appear again and fight alongside the armor she summoned, meaning you have two enemies to watch out for.
znZbfvn.jpg

And it is in this phase where my absolute favorite song even outside of video games plays: Lucia. It should come as no surprise that this theme is my absolute favorite in any video game. I absolutely love this song, despite not knowing what it's actually about. *cough*

Ah, just listening to it makes me feel all happy.

You also have to manage your HP throughout the three phases. In Nights of Azure 2, you have no option to heal yourself whenever you want, so you have to find healing items. In this final battle, there are eight pillars around the battlefield, four of which contain status buffs, four of which have the aforementioned healing items, and you have to conserve these if you want to stand a chance. Normally, this kind of thing would probably put me off, honestly, but in this case, it's about playing smart with when you attack, when you dodge, when you defend, and I love it!

All in all, if I had to describe this fight in a sentence, Malvasia herself put it best:
u1rfKwi.jpg

Phew...
Sorry for gushing there, but... that's what happens once you get me talking about one of my favorite games. XD

---

Now, same question for you! What is your favorite boss fight in gaming?

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

What is something you want to do but never had the chance to so far?

Be in a relationship

For me, it's mostly going on  band trip, (The planned trip where we'd go to Vancouver for a week was cancelled due to Corona) and going to Europe. I don't know if I'll get the chance to do either, but I really want to.

Same question to you!

What was the first video game you ever played? Or you remember playing?

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Now, same question for you! What is your favorite boss fight in gaming?

Hmmm.... probably Sans in Undertale for coming completely out of nowhere and being fun and taking me two months. I could try to explain or I could just...

...yeah.

53 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

What was the first video game you ever played? Or you remember playing?

Donkey Kong Country 2 on the GBA, I think. I still remember the music and playing it on my indigo GBA.

Same question to you.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Who is your favorite male fictional character?

Esteban. While I may not have abandoned my family or have gone through half of what he has gone through, (nor can I fight or want to fight) I really can relate to him being an idiot who wants to do the right thing but doesn't know how and continually messes up. I like his relationship with Sophie, and I like how spunky he is and how much he really cares. And he gets a happy ending, so that's nice.

Do you think that the Beetle from Skyward sword should return?

Why did you choose the oboe as your instrument to play?

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:
Same question to you.

Pokemon Black 2... I think. I have a few memories of playing different games, and the setting let’s me know that they were around the same time. I’m fairly certain that Pokemon Black 2 was first, though.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Do you think that the Beetle from Skyward sword should return?

No. It was annoying to use with the motion controls and wouldn't really have a reason to exist outside of their presence anyway.

-------

What genres of games do you enjoy most?

17 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Why did you choose the oboe as your instrument to play?

I was a recorder god, and I thought that the oboe was like the recorder but an actual instrument. I then listened to recordings of it and decided I liked it.

Should the next Zelda focus more on exploration or dungein crawling/puzzles?

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Should the next Zelda focus more on exploration or dungein crawling/puzzles?

Exploration. Nothing more satisfying that scouring the world to find secrets and others items everywhere. Dungeons and puzzles are fine, but the essence of Zelda is in its exploration, going back to the first game on the NES.

What genre of game do you enjoy the most?

5 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

What genre of game do you enjoy the most?

Uh... Is Skyward Sword a genre? Otherwise, I guess puzzle/adventure games, like older Zeldas.

What is your favorite build you've ever pulled off in TH?

What’s your favorite dungeon in Zelda?

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

What genres of games do you enjoy most?

Srpgs I would guess, even though I’ve only played fe, I love it’s gameplay to bits and pieces so probably. Other than that I love adventure games, and I also love puzzle games. A lot of people dislike those games that are more like a movie but CYOA however I love them.

And romance/dating mechanics are never something I would say no to...

23 hours ago, Benice said:

New idea: What's a video game franchise you've never played but want to?

Zelda or Metal Gear. I also want the skill and courage to finish Dark Souls 3, since I stopped playing after the first boss.

-------

If you could have a superpower, what it would be and why?

2 hours ago, Benice said:

What is your favorite build you've ever pulled off in TH

Tbh, I've always been boring and never branched out much in classes for 3H. Uh, Swordmaster Felix has always been fun and amazing to use, if that counts.

Favorite unit to use in Awakening?

1 hour ago, Sooks1016 said:

What’s your favorite dungeon in Zelda?

Ancient Cistern, followed by the Sandship and Skykeep. All three are superb, but the ancient Cistern's aesthetics and theme just make it no. 1 for me. Sandship is absurdly fun and really neat, (The lanayru sand sea itself is absolutely phenomenal) and Skykeep is a really excellent final dungeon. I love it a lot.

Same question to you.