Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

If you could visit any planet, where would you go? (This extends beyond our solar system, btw)

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Where did you get the idea for your username?

Indigo is my favorite color, and I like the word Oasis. I wanted to have my username be a combination of indigo and a word that starts with O, and that's what I landed on! (Initially, it was indigoceans for a while when I had the idea to combine words, but indigoasis sounded a lot better to me later on). Also, Paradise is my favorite word, but it's kinda hard to fit that in with indigo, haha.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Have you ever gone fishing?

No, but near my house there is a lagoon where fishermen work. Once they let me Reel in a fish.

-------

What is/was your favorite subject in school?

Did you like school?

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Obscure game or other media you enjoy that others likely haven't heard of?

Octopath Traveler I suppose. Play it.

Oh I really like this mobile game called Nobodies that is completely free, and the only micro transaction removes the very infrequent ads. So much fun.

9 hours ago, indigoasis said:

If you could visit any planet, where would you go? (This extends beyond our solar system, btw)

None, probably. Boring answer I know. I'm content on earth, tbh.

Will you join the Trails gang?

16 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

What is your favorite lord class?

Hm...Maybe knight lord?

Should bows have easy access to 1 range, or just crossbows or neither?

Edited by Benice

Just how different would the next fe have to be from 3h for you to enjoy it? What would you want to see removed?

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Will you join the Trails gang?

Depends what the gameplay is like and if I have anything that can play it.

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Should bows have easy access to 1 range, or just crossbows or neither?

Yeah, it would make archers more useful, since they've hardly been useful outside of a couple games.

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Depends what the gameplay is like and if I have anything that can play it.

It's a JRPG with a great story and cast of characters. One of the best games I've ever played, tbh. The combat is a bit like FE with battlefield placement as well.

It's a PC game from 2004-5, so your PC should have no problem playing it at all.

--------

Favorite class from 3H?

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite class from 3H?

Wyvern lords, like every fe that has them.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's a JRPG with a great story and cast of characters. One of the best games I've ever played, tbh. The combat is a bit like FE with battlefield placement as well.

Well for my birthday I’m (I’m 99% sure) getting Awakening to finish off the 3ds FEs and The 3D Mario All Stars Collection (which oh boy will that take me FOREVER (All stars and sunshine thingies gang gang xD)... maybe I should play one Mario 3D game then play something else then repeat) But after that... maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Well for my birthday I’m (I’m 99% sure) getting Awakening to finish off the 3ds FEs and The 3D Mario All Stars Collection (which oh boy will that take me FOREVER (All stars and sunshine thingies gang gang xD)... maybe I should play one Mario 3D game then play something else then repeat) But after that... maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

No rush or pressure to play it, of course! Just a recommendation, since you like JRPGs. Steam is your go-to place to get it if you do.

Favorite infantry class from FE?

No rush or pressure to play it, of course! 

No I know, it just sounds interesting.

Just a recommendation, since you like JRPGs.

Where did you get that idea? xD

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite infantry class from FE?

Heroes.

Favorite fe setting?

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Just how different would the next fe have to be from 3h for you to enjoy it? What would you want to see removed?

My biggest priorities would be

• Far, far fewer supports. There are just too many.
  • Not using the TH class system-I'd rather see standard class system.
  • Far less customizability
  • A Jagen unit
  • No ambush spawns on any difficulty
  • Fewer "And then" events-TH's storytelling feels a lot likes Fates' to me. It is certainly improved, but not by all that much. (I feel that the events that happen in the story have nothing to do with what I just did? Like, everything just sorta happens with no correlation to the previous event.) The worldbuilding is still fairly thin as well.
  • Weapon triangle
  • Reworking the gambit system. I don't mind some of them stopping movement, but all of them doing it is both broken and frustrating.
  • An unbalanced cast
  • The game needs to be linear and not have many major route splits.
  • Focus on making the gameplay good and actually difficult. Three Houses has three difficulties: Trivial, almost trivial and masochistic. The difficulty curve is also really off in TH, so that being mended would be a little bonus.
  • Enemies being blind in Fog of War as well.
  • Not using Divine pulse to justify unfairness against the player.
  • Streamlined base system would be great, but I honestly don't care as long as the gameplay is good.
  • No avatar, ideally.
  • Spells learned based on level, not proficiency
  • No proficiency in the way TH has it implemented-I don't want to spend several hours out of a map making a unit OP.
  • Not everyone can use every weapon-Only class associated weapons.
  • Bows without 1 range aside from crossbows.
  • Nerf weight a little bit-If it has the same stat scaling as TH, maybe 3 strength per point of weight.

None of those are dealbreakers so long as the game is fun to me. I can live with mechanics I dislike, but if the core game itself is really boring, good mechanics won't save it.

What FE game haven't you played that you want to?

How were you introduced to Video Brinquedo movies? (eg: What's Up? Balloon to the Rescue, The Little Panda Fighter, Ratatoing) Did you get introduced to them through youtube, or were you introduced to them by another source?

21 hours ago, indigoasis said:

What would you say is your most developed talent/skill?

I think it'd either be my speedrunning skills in Super Mario Maker 2, or the originality and uniqueness of my story ideas (in terms of things like creating unique weapons/abilities for characters, thinking of unique villain/story conflict ideas, or coming up with character/location names that are so unique, even google won't yield any results from the names)

21 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Wait, was the scanner some kind of mobile credit card scanner? I don't know how mobile scanners work, but I think they probably just save the scan, and then whoever had the scanner brings it back to upload the purchases. Since it's not connected to anything, it may not use PINs. Also, and I think this would be the most important point, bypassing having a PIN put in would save time for the delivery person anyway. While the time saved would probably be trivial, it gets stuff done faster, wastes less of the consumer's time, and theoretically allows for more deliveries to be made (if that much time is really saved, that is). Anyway, the dude was just a delivery guy, so I doubt that there's anything fishy going on.

If you have anything you need to get off your chest, feel free to PM me, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I won't judge you for anything; it's not my place to judge people. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, then I would suggest consulting a family member or someone close to you. Also, pardon me if I come off as pushy, but I'd stop watching those videos, too (if you still watch them), no matter how enticing or interesting they may seem. It paints a bad picture of a small group of people, and a bad perspective of which would end up transferring over to a larger group of others who have zero affiliation with stuff like that just because they're the same race. As the saying goes (or close enough to it), don't let one bad apple ruin the bunch.

I... guess so? It more or less looked like a typical credit card scanner from stores/restaurants. And that's a fair point in regards to skipping the PIN input for home deliveries.

And thanks for the offer. It means a lot hearing that. And I do try to steer clear from the anti-scammer youtube videos. I'm 1 and a 1/2 weeks clean of it so far.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

What FE game haven't you played that you want to?

All of the ones I haven’t played yet, really. Except for Gaiden, Thracia, and Genealogy of the Holy War. Those do not look like fun times. So that leaves fe1, fe3, fe8, fe9, fe10, fe11, fe12, and fe13.

3 minutes ago, Randoman said:

originality and uniqueness of my story ideas (in terms of things like creating unique weapons/abilities for characters, thinking of unique villain/story conflict ideas, or coming up with character/location names that are so unique, even google won't yield any results from the names) 

How did you develop this skill?

What is your favorite name? (You can share multiple!)

22 hours ago, Maof06 said:

What is/was your favorite subject in school?

For common core, it's history. For extracurricular:

On 9/14/2020 at 11:14 PM, indigoasis said:

Theatre would probably be my favorite class by a long shot. I started it Sophomore year, and went up to Theatre 3 in Senior year. I remember our teacher telling us in Theatre 1 that, by the end of the year, we would be more outgoing and confident. She was so confident about that, she said it was a guarantee. Lo and behold, by the end of Sophomore year, I found myself a lot less shy than I had been, and more willing to interact with others in meaningful ways (and actually make eye contact). I also made quite a few friends in that class, too, and a lot of them stuck around with me until Theatre 3. I owe a lot to that class, as well as the teacher and students in there, too, or else I probably wouldn't have really recognized a lot of things about myself. Definitely the most helpful class in terms of growing as a person. After that, I'd say CIS (Computer Information Systems) from Freshman year is my second favorite as I met my best friend in that class, who also helped my grow a ton as a person.

12 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Favorite fe setting?

Fodlan, actually. The landscapes and terrain look interesting, if nothing else. And Faerghus sounds great, since I love cold weather and precipitation so much.

Your favorite name?

my creativity is at an all time high for questions xD

Alright hot-shot, what's your favorite name?

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Your favorite name?

my creativity is at an all time high for questions xD

No worries about it, haha!

I think I had mentioned the names I like earlier in the thread somewhere, but I don't feel like looking for it. As for my all-time favorite name, I'd probably say Avalon. I've really grown to like it over the years, especially since it was the name I gave to the avatar in Xenoblade Chronicles X. It's simple, but I've come to use it for a lot of characters in video games.

3 hours ago, Randoman said:

How were you introduced to Video Brinquedo movies? (eg: What's Up? Balloon to the Rescue, The Little Panda Fighter, Ratatoing) Did you get introduced to them through youtube, or were you introduced to them by another source?

I think I watched it with my friends at one of my birthday parties at my sister's recommendation.

Do you think that strong characters or strong worldbuilding are more important to a story?

How did you deal with chapter 21 in fe6?

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Do you think that strong characters or strong worldbuilding are more important to a story?

Strong characters, because I’d rather read about them on their own, and I don’t really care what’s going on in the builded world if everyone is boring (usually).

Edited by Sooks1016

51 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

How did you deal with chapter 21 in fe6?

On normal mode? Well, when I was aiming for a low turn count, I had Shanna rescue Roy, canto'd away towards the secret shop, (She had Maltet equipped and therefore could OHKO any wyvern in her path) and moved downwards with everyone else. After turn 3, I'd visited the Secret shop and was running away to the sieze point-I also deployed Merlinus so I could send lots of Boots to him. I then made use of the boots and got Fir to the boss ASAP, defeated Murdock and siezed in...I think it was eight turns. Total. Anyways, you don't wanna turtle this map out in my opinion-You need to act as if you're on a time limit, since you don't wanna deal with more wyverns. To deal with the ones that are unavoidable, Berserkers can go onto peaks and utterly decimate them, Bows can make pretty short work, (albeit probably only steel bows and more powerful ones) the legendary weapons deal a ton of damage, and a Wyrmslayer in the hands of a swordmaster is an easy ORKO for the most part. Watch out once you get near the sieze point, because there are obnoxious ambush spawns there that potentially can do a lot. Bring Physic staves, use Warp to speed up your bosskiller if you need to, (Durandal or the Armorslayer are your best bets, the latter being the ideal option.) and get out quickly.

What is an archetype you'd like to see absent in the next FE.

10 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Alright hot-shot, what's your favorite name?

Either Marianne or Estelle. The characters with those names have become my favorite fictional characters in general, so I've come to love the names as well.

Your favorite female fictional character?

Who is your favorite pegasister? (From any game)

11 hours ago, indigoasis said:

What is your favorite name? (You can share multiple!)

Hmmm... Lily is a pretty name. So is Dorothea

59 minutes ago, Benice said:

What is an archetype you'd like to see absent in the next FE.

Down with the womanizers! DOWN WITH THE WOMANIZERS!

On 10/14/2020 at 1:40 AM, Sooks1016 said:

Did you like school?

I liked my friends at school. And I liked not having any responsabilities.

-------

Favorite character archetype?

41 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Who is your favorite pegasister? (From any game)

Catria

41 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Yes. YES. YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

Your favorite pegasister (from any game)?

On 10/14/2020 at 12:19 AM, Sooks1016 said:

Do you think the fe support system should change? How so?

The only thing I'd change about it is that I'd give it a larger impact on gameplay through assist skills that unlock when a certain support level is reached or just higher support bonuses in general. Then again, I'm no game designer, so I wouldn't know what exactly to do to make it more relevant to the gameplay, but that's basically the gist of what I would like changed.

48 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

YES PLEASE!

---

What bothered you most about Breath of the Wild's story?

Who is your favorite character from your least favorite fe?

35 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Favorite character archetype?

Pegasisters ig

29 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thinking I need a picture of Catria smh xD

Although I’m more of an est man myself