Randoman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Same question to you.

Actually, I would agree with you. Permadeath really raises the stakes of battle in a way that casual mode does not.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And fun fact, in the Japanese dub, she is voiced by the same person who voiced Taiga Aisaka.

Oh, neat!

First fictional female crush(es)?

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Best Zelda incarnation in your opinion?

What is the best game of all time?

Of course, the only answer is Skyward Sword. Anyways, yeah, I like that Zelda, 'cause she gets a lot of development and pushes us off a cliff.

Who was your first FE crush?

24 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

What is your favorite food?

Pizza.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I played and finished:

• Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Tales of Hearts R
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Tales of Xillia
  • Tales of Xillia 2
  • Tales of Zestiria
  • Tales of Berseria

I also played Tales of Graces f and the original Tales of Symphonia, but I didn't finish them for various reasons (Graces' characters and gameplay were kinda... not that great, to be honest, and I didn't really enjoy the gameplay in Symphonia. It felt kind of slow for some reason, especially compared to later entries).

You are very dedicated. I haven't played even half of what you played yet. Give the original one, Tales of Phantasia, a chance. Its a classic.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Who was your first FE crush?

Cordelia. I know I've ragged on her character, even saying I dislike her (it's more the way her writing was handled than disliking her specifically), but she was the first character I ever S-supported in FE. She seemed like the kind of self-destructive girl that just needed a hug or something like that to make them feel better and I really sympathized with that. Her supports with the male avatar in the Summer Scramble DLC are nothing short of heart-meltingly adorable as well. And her design is probably one of my favorites in Awakening. Redheads in armor, what can I say, haha?

I talked a lot about Cordelia didn't I?

-------

What do you think of FE4's gameplay (I'm assuming you've played it given your pfp and cover pic)?

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

What do you think of FE4's gameplay (I'm assuming you've played it given your pfp and cover pic)?

I am more of a RPG fan than a strategy fan, so I like it. The fact that you can field all of your units makes you really feel the scale of war. Also, its pretty easy, so I can just relax while playing. The only boring part is the inventory management.

-------

Least favorite Lord?

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Favorite fe ship?

Robin x Lucina or Sigurd x Deirdre, can't really make up my mind about it.

-------

Favorite movie?

Edited by Maof06

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Same question to you.

Leif because he stole Seliph's place in Jugdral's history /s. Now being serious, probably Marth or Alm. In Alm's case, I wish they had kept his Awakening personality. In Gaiden he has almost no dialogue and in Echoes he is just another generic good guy. At least it's fun to use Marth in Smash. My opinion of him may change in the future because of that.

-------

First gaming console?

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Favorite band?

Starset.

-------

Same question to you.

What were some of the very first video games you played, as a kid?

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite game console?

I suppose it'd be the Nintendo Switch. Though I feel like that's kind of a cheating answer since it's the most up-to-date Nintendo console. So aside from the Nintendo Switch, I'll say the Super Nintendo, since a lot of my favourite games are on that console, the controller design is fantastic, durable, and doesn't suffer from issues like worn down analog sticks or drifting, the graphics from Super Nintendo games age pretty well in general, and it's got a great library of both 1st party and 3rd party games.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

Same question to you.

For modern bands, I quite like the Barenaked Ladies, (yes, I know the name is questionable) but I also really like the composers Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Smetana and Kalinnikov, as well as some Mahler and Stenhammar. Overall, I really like the 80's, both of the 19 and 18 hundreds.

Do you speak any languages other than english?

What got you into classical music?

2 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Favorite movie?

Hmmmmm... I was asked this before but couldn’t think of anything. So I will answer this time..!

And I think the winner is.... The LEGO Movie xD

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

What got you into classical music?

My grandpa and playing in my region's youth orchestra-I was more into 80's until I got into classical music. I also listened to a lot of classical music when I was very little.

Do you watch any youtubers?

2 hours ago, Benice said:

What was your first Zelda game?

Ocarina of Time on the Wii VC, although I didn't get past Darunia since I didn't know I needed to play Saria's Song (I was around ten or so). I got Skyward Sword at the end of 2011 and that was the first Zelda game I actually made significant progress in.

Stealing a question: Do you watch and youtubers?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Stealing a question: Do you watch and youtubers?

Yeah, a little bit. I like Bismix and Mekkah, but my favorites are PBG and spinoffs of the channel, and Chadtronic.

How about you?

Arlo is probably my favorite for reviews and discussion (despite the puppet schtick, his vids are actually perfectly normal), although the few LPs he's done have been very entertaining. For news and other discussions I go to Spawn Wave Media and Gamexplain. Lately though I've been watching FED (Fire Emblem Discussion)'s videos. They're pretty good too.

Are you going to give your guild members crazy Benice pun names in EO?

Why haven’t you played any, or many, games other than Zelda and fe?

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Do you watch any youtubers?

Regularly? Jarvis Johnson and OverSimplified, I watch everytime they upload. Trey Kennedy is great too but he actually uploads fairly frequently so I don’t watch everything new.

Falchioninja’d but the question only really applies to Benice soooo

Edited by Sooks1016

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

What were some of the very first video games you played, as a kid?

Pokémon Yellow and then Pokémon Gold. It quickly became my favorite game series, and it still is. I wanted a DS just to play Pokémon Soul Silver. Lugia > Ho-oh.

-------

Favorite Three Houses route?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Are you going to give your guild members crazy Benice pun names in EO?

Nah, I'm planning on going with the Knights of Teehee, and using the regulars of the Teehee thread!

What do you want to see in the next FE?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

What do you want to see in the next FE?

Jugdral. A decent post game.

-------

Same question to you.

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

Same question to you.

Something more akin to traditional FE over Three Houses-esque FE. Taking some pages from the book of Berwick Saga would also be great.

Do you prefer Ephraim or Eirika?