Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

've asked the last two guys, and now I ask you: Favorite armor knight / general in the series?

Brom! He's a solid character and a pretty good unit, but not gamebreaking.

Favorite FE archetype?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

What is your favorite of the laguz races, design-wise?

Cat laguz. Lethe, Ranulf, and Lyre all have some of my favorite laguz designs.

Yours?

Beninja'd by five minutes. huh. Question still stands though.

Edited by twilitfalchion

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yours?

I like the wolves the most, but that's because I love these animals in real life, too.
Nailah especially looks great when transformed. White wolves are very elegant, I find.

But I honestly like all the laguz, the wolves are just my personal favorites.

---

Your favorite weapon in Radiant Dawn (could be for any reason, design, utility, etc)?

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yours?

I like the Tigers, myself.

If your least favorite FE got remade and addressed the majority of your problems with it, would you buy and play it?

Just now, Benice said:

If your least favorite FE got remade and addressed the majority of your problems with it, would you buy and play it?

Sure!
It's not like I think the entire thing couldn't work at all. I would probably be very skeptical, but I think I'd give it a chance, at the very least.

You?

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

You?

Probably not; some games, such as Thracia, FE6 and FE8's flaws come from lack of polish, factory limitations and weird decisions-The base games themselves can be fixed very easily by polishing them up and making minor changes-Nerfing Seth and buffing enemies in FE8, for example, and buffing hitrates, nerfing thrones and getting rid of all ambush spawns for FE6 and 5.

FE9's problems go far beyond weak enemies and slow animations-The maps in general just aren't very good, and the game would need to basically not look like PoR for me to consider getting it. Some of said changes would be: Faster animations that show the chances to hit, etc., nerfing the heck out of Titania, removing Super Canto, buffing enemies, far, far fewer enemies, earlier access to convoy/shops, general QoL improvements, removal of the ambush spawns, changing the way Laguz work, cutting the amount of text down a lot, and so on and so forth.

I may have asked this before, but which EO game is the best to start with, in your opinion?

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I may have asked this before, but which EO game is the best to start with, in your opinion?

You did, but that's no issue!
I'd say to get used to how the game works and to get a feeling for what classes are like and how a team works, the Untold games (Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl or Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight) are your best bet, since their story modes feature pre-made parties with preset classes, which are great to learn the ropes.
I started with The Millenium Girl, and I think it was a good game to start off with, since the party the story mode gives you is by far the most balanced, whereas Untold 2's party could be a little harder to grasp for newcomers.
So, yeah. I'd say start with The Millenium Girl and play the Story Mode at least once to get a feel for how the game and classes work for you.

---

What about Birthright are you enjoying the most so far?

You did, but that's no issue!

Oh, sorry!

o, yeah. I'd say start with The Millenium Girl and play the Story Mode at least once to get a feel for how the game and classes work for you.

Great! I'll do that! Well, soon.

What about Birthright are you enjoying the most so far?

tbh it's probably just 'cause of my low expectations. But still, I think the difficulty is okay, (the first chapter after the route split was rather annoying, though) and it has overall been quite fast-paced and enjoyable.

Do you think FoW has ever been done well in FE?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Do you think FoW has ever been done well in FE?

I can think of one map where I didn't mind it too much, and that is the Chapter 4-1 in Radiant Dawn, the one where you're in camp and enemies are attacking you and you have a giant bonfire in the middle. I do recall not exactly disliking that map.

And I will say, about FoW in general, it does add to the atmosphere of a map, annoying as it might be from a gameplay perspective.

---

How about you?

Just now, DragonFlames said:

How about you?

Well, Berwick did a fantastic job with it, (really hope FE copies that soon~!) but in terms of mainline FE, I think the only time I haven't been punished by FoW while playing blind is ch. 9 of FE6. Usually it is just annoying and/or frustrating.

How did you find SF?

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

How did you find SF?

By sheer coincidence, actually. I was looking up stuff about Fire Emblem, and Serenes Forest popped up.
Then I saw that it has something of a "stat calculator" for child units in Awakening that I've been using to determine which pairings I want to try out, and I discovered the forums only a short while later.

---

Same question to Sooks: How did you find SF?

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Why don’t you like fe7?

Well, my first FE was FE8, which I chose because I was told that it was worse than FE7 in basically every way. I absolutely loved FE8, so I was looking forwards to FE7, which I expected to blow FE8 out of the water.

I really, really, really didn't like it. The plot was super weak, and I just didn't enjoy the gameplay. Overall, it was super disappointing.

HHM has sort of reinforced this point. I did enjoy it quite a bit, up until New Resolve. After that, I enjoyed only a very select few maps. And Then Cog of Destiny happened.

...Yeah...

How did you get introduced to Atelier?

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

How did you get introduced to Atelier?

That is a funny story, actually.
I got Nights of Azure, liked the character of Christophorus so much that I wished she was playable... then I heard that a Warriors All-Stars existed, which had characters from almost all of Koei's IPs AND a playable Christophorus (Arnice was also playable, which helped, of course!)
That game also had Sophie and Plachta from Atelier Sophie, as well as a gallery where you can read what each game a character is from is all about. And I really, really liked playing as Sophie and Plachta, and that, combined with the fact that the description of the Atelier series sounded very interesting to me, prompted me to buy Atelier Sophie. And I did, and I fell in love with it.

---

How did you get introduced to classical music?

What do you like about Atelier?

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Same question to Sooks: How did you find SF?

I’d known about it for a long time before I joined, because when I play a game for the first time (and even subsequent play throughs) I have a ton of questions (as you well know by the teehee thread 😂) and half the time when I would Google them, I would end up at the wiki, the other times I would end up here. So one day when there was a question of opinion that naturally wouldn’t be found on the wiki, there was no answer online... anywhere, and so I came here and with the plan to ask the question, get some answers and then delete my account. (That question was the most efficient way to complete the Blazing Blade support log btw 

.) On my way to go ask that question I saw the introductions thing and I thought we were supposed to do one, so I did just that. A user asked me who my favorite Three Houses character was which I really wanted to respond to because I like gushing about three houses characters bUt I had exceeded my amount of posts for the day so I kept the account. While I was I bored I logged back on and made my way to forum games just seeing what was up around here (unable to post) and thought they looked fun, so after replying my favorite three houses characters I went on to... I think it was Ban the User Above You? and the people there were nice and cool and so I stayed.

....and that’s my origin story 😂

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

How did you get introduced to classical music?

My grandfather likes it, and I also play for my region's youth orchestra. Much to the dismay of everyone else. That really got me into it, though.

What is your quintessential thanksgiving meal?

11 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

What do you like about Atelier?

If I had to pinpoint one singular element, it'd definitely be the relaxing, welcoming atmosphere the games have. They build a world where I would very much like to live in.
I also really enjoy the characters, the character design, as well as of course, the gameplay and godlike music. But as I said, by far my favorite aspect is how relaxing it all feels.

I can tell you the exact moment I knew "yeah, I love this" when I played Atelier Sophie. It was when I left Sophie's workshop at night and was treated to this sight:
Yb1BAjW.jpg

Along with this music playing in the background.
No joke, I legitimately put the controller down and left the game there for a good 30 minutes, just to take the relaxing atmosphere in.
To this day one of my favorite things in a video game, silly as that may sound.

16 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

....and that’s my origin story 😂

Nice! I'm happy you decided to stay! ^^

---

Do/did you go Trick-or-Treat'ing on Halloween?

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Your favorite weapon in Radiant Dawn (could be for any reason, design, utility, etc)?

Urvan. I like axes, the gold accents are a nice touch, and it's Greil's axe. I'd say Ragnell, but that appears in both Tellius games.

How did you discover Atelier?

Unless you've been asked that already and I missed it.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

How did you discover Atelier?

Unless you've been asked that already and I missed it.

I have been, but I'll glady answer it anyway! :)

That is a funny story, actually.
I got Nights of Azure, liked the character of Christophorus so much that I wished she was playable... then I heard that a Warriors All-Stars existed, which had characters from almost all of Koei's IPs AND a playable Christophorus (Arnice was also playable, which helped, of course!)
That game also had Sophie and Plachta from Atelier Sophie, as well as a gallery where you can read what each game a character is from is all about. And I really, really liked playing as Sophie and Plachta, and that, combined with the fact that the description of the Atelier series sounded very interesting to me, prompted me to buy Atelier Sophie. And I did, and I fell in love with it.

---

Same question for you: Do/did you go Trick-or-Treat'ing on Halloween?

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Do/did you go Trick-or-Treat'ing on Halloween?

Yep! I plan to until...Well, I dunno, until I don't want to anymore. I don't know how it'll work this year given the pandemic, but under normal circumstances, I would.

How about you?

39 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I have been, but I'll glady answer it anyway! 🙂

My bad.

39 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Same question for you: Do/did you go Trick-or-Treat'ing on Halloween?

Yes. Although I never really went with anyone my age, so it was a bit of an unmemorable experience tbh.

What do you love about Rune Factory 4?

Edited by twilitfalchion

48 minutes ago, Benice said:

How about you?

I never went when I was little due to Halloween not being big enough where I live. It has been getting bigger in recent years, though, and so I have started giving candy to those who do go trick-or-treating a few years ago.

---

I'm stealing your question: what do you love the most about Rune Factory 4?

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

'm stealing your question: what do you love the most about Rune Factory 4?

The world, the characters, the gameplay, the story...everything really. It's just such a charming game with an addictive gameplay loop. The music is pretty great as well.

How about you?

Most memorable video game moment?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

What is your quintessential thanksgiving meal?

Hmmm... if there isn’t stuffing I’m not attending.

What's the oldest video game that you're able to play and enjoy? For example, Super Mario Bros. (released 1985) is probably the oldest game I'd be able to play and enjoy. But anything from 1984 or earlier, such as Atari 2600 games, I'd find too boring to be able to enjoy.

20 hours ago, Benice said:

What about you?

That's a tough one, even though most people would think I'd be able to describe myself personality-wise the best.

Well, I try my best to be a good, level-headed guy and a good friend to others. Though I probably get kind of annoying to my friends when I try to call them and catch up with them every 1 or 2 weeks. I also tend to not talk much around my family, though I talk a good amount around friends (and I try to stay mindful of if I'm talking too much and try to let my friends get a fair share of talking in). I also try to keep things clean, in terms of avoiding dirty/inappropriate jokes. I do have quite a vengeful/bitter streak, but I try to keep under control. I'm also honest to a fault, though I do try my best to keep a balance between honesty and tactfulness or try to avoid talking altogether.