Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

Did you struggle with chapter 7 when you played fe6?

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Most admired fictional character?

Wow that is so incredibly tough. Hermione Granger put up with a lot of prejudice and still became one of the most important and successful wishes, so her although I’m 90% sure it’ll change when I think of more.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Did you struggle with chapter 7 when you played fe6?

Not really, no. Granted, I did have Wade/Lot with an A-support, so with just a swish of the Killer Axe, the enemies were disposed of.

HM, though...

I...I've spent several months trying to do it with no deaths...

Still really fun, though.

What is your favorite band?

What is your favorite band(s)?

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

I think so, yes. Or FE6-length ranges of 'em, at least. I don't like infinite range status staves with 100% hit, (Like they are in FE5) but Warp should have massive, if not infinite range in my opinion.

What is your favorite band?

Haha, whoops, I thought this was the Ask a Stupid Question, Get a Stupid Answer thread, so I was quick to offer my input, lol.

Anyway, that's a really tough question, because there are quite a few bands that I like. A few that come to mind would be Gorillaz, Last Dinosaurs, and Fleetwood Mac. If you were to ask me favorite artists, I'd easily say Garrett Williamson and Rosemary Fairweather.

4 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Fleetwood Mac

A man of culture

4 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

What is your favorite band(s)?

Wyld Stallyns!

In terms of modern-(ish) bands, I really love the Beatles, the Barenaked Ladies, (their name is questionable, but their music is great) and dabble overall in other 80's and 90's era bands. I also sorta like Prozzak's music, albeit mostly from one of their albums.

My favorite artists would probably be Tchaikovsky, Kalinnikov, Smetana and Beethoven. Honorable mentions to Stenhammar and Mahler as well!

Do you ever feel older/younger than you are?

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Your personal favorite class in Fire Emblem (sorry if you've been asked this before)?

Yeah, but it's no problem.

On 10/5/2020 at 5:20 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Dark mages in general. No particular reason beyond I like their aesthetics and dark magic. Necromancer in particular takes the cake, because Lyon's cape games are absolutely beautiful.

10 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Eh, I was Dragoninja’d, I meant to ask @Saint Rubenio how he got into fe

Ha! I've also been asked this one before, actually.

On 10/3/2020 at 11:44 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

My first FE was FE7. Pretty standard, I know. I watched some videos from youtuber Whoisthisgit, who loves Fire Emblem, and it got me interested. For like a year, I played FE7 again and again, thinking that I could never find anything cooler than that. Then I actually tried other FEs. I haven't gone back to 7 since. Did I ever fall in love with this series. Must be... four, maybe five years now? I'm not entirely sure, but yeah, a little while. Anyway, even if I've since played some titles that I haven't enjoyed so much, I'd still call this a series I quite love. Because the games I like, boy do I ever like them.

Second-favorite FE?

Favorite fe character?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Second-favorite FE?

Well you have to understand that my amount of played FEs is quite small, it’s just Three Houses, Echoes, Fates (all 3 of them), and Fe7. Of those games, I pick fe7.

14 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Did you name Kris "Pretzel"?

Ah, I forgot to address this.

Yeah, I pulled those screenshots from my FE12 LP. He was a mage, who got so RNG-screwed Wrys was better than him. Not even kidding. Worst avatar I've ever had in FE12.

1 hour ago, Sooks1016 said:

Favorite fe character?

Hmm... There's a few candidates, but I think it's got to be Arran. Here's my explanation:

Spoiler

In my opinion, the greatest knight in the entire series. His supports with Kris are, for me, the best in the game. You should go read them, but here's a line that I believe best encapsulates what I find so great about Arran:

A knight isn't a puppet that blindly follows orders. That is not loyalty. To fight for a cause I believe in, under a liege I believe in. That is what it means to be a knight.

Arran is also one of the best characters in terms of gameplay-story integration. he's the game's Jeigan because he's severely weakened by his terminal sickness. He's one of the very few characters in the series for whom dying in battle is a legitimate ending to his arc. Either he gets his wish to die on the battlefield, redeeming himself for his past sins; or he lives long enough to see a glimpse of the peaceful world he helped create, before succumbing to his illness. Both bittersweet endings, as he never makes it, but he's happy either way, having forgiven himself for the sins of his past.

I don't know, I just think he's worthy of admiration. We've all seen the typical "muh liege" kind of boring knight man, but Arran goes far beyond that. Arran is a man who truly understands what it means to be loyal... because he learned it the hard way. He made some grave mistakes in his past, but that only makes his determination to atone for them all the more admirable.

Favorite games outside of FE?

11 hours ago, Randoman said:

Is there a rarely used/underused trope in fiction that you wish video game/TV series/movie creators would implement more in their stories? (Eg: unique/original weapons, having the majority of characters be dark-skinned, having the main character not find true love and trying to find happiness/contentness despite that fact)

Probably the tragic ending, or something that ends poorly in general for the lead character.

Opinions on the Zelda series?

9 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Favorite topping combo on pizza?

I dunno, tomatoes, chicken, cheese...

Ah, basically anything. I like thin crust, though.

Do you think Vestaria is worth playing?

Ninja'd!

Do you think that desert maps should remain a staple of the franchise?

Edited by Benice

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Do you think that desert maps should remain a staple of the franchise?

Depends on how well done they are. I think RD's pt. 4 desert map was actually good, so if more of them can be done that way, then sure.

If they're like PoR's or FE6's, then no.

You?

Where is your favorite place to go on vacation?

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Favorite games outside of FE?

The Zelda series, a few Pokémons, Mario Odyssey, and Among Us

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

You?

I want to see one where they have a path through the desert that isn't borderline untraversible-And definitely no rout maps. FE7's and 10's kinda warded me off of those. FE8's desert map is super fun, though.

What is one country you want to visit that you haven't been to yet?

Favorite fe antagonist?

24 minutes ago, Benice said:

What is one country you want to visit that you haven't been to yet?

I haven’t been to any county not named United States of America’s 😝

I’ll go with the U.K. because it’s the first one I thought of

57 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Where is your favorite place to go on vacation?

My home. No lie. I'm not a vacation kind of guy. But if I had to pick a place, I'd say mountains or city.

Favorite FE antagonist?

How old were you when you learned how to tie your shoes?

11 hours ago, Benice said:

Do you ever feel older/younger than you are?

I definitely feel that way a lot for both sides. I feel older than I am with the pop culture of those darn kids these days. I don't get even half the stuff my younger sister talks about or says. Same deal with sharing the things that were cool from when I was a kid. Me and my mom really miss when stuff was much simpler when I was a kid. (At least I think she does).

I feel younger than I am when I get happy or excited about the stuff I'm interested in (video games, anime, etc.); the only difference between me and my younger self is that I can better grasp and deeper appreciate things something has to offer. But honestly, I'd rather feel like a kid as much as possible when I can because growing up absolutely blows.

1 minute ago, indigoasis said:

feel older than I am with the pop culture of those darn kids these days. I don't get even half the stuff my younger sister talks about or says

I know I'm not the only one!

2 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

How old were you when you learned how to tie your shoes?

Eleven

I have a fine motor disability, so stuff like that was always real tough for me. But hey, I can tie my shoes now! Competence 100!

When you were my age, (like 14, 15 ish) what sort of job did you want?

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

I have a fine motor disability, so stuff like that was always real tough for me. But hey, I can tie my shoes now! Competence 100!

Eyyy, my fella! Me too! Well, I think I learned the motions before I was 11, but I still had great difficulties doing it when I entered high school (12 years of age in Spain). So yeah, don't feel so bad. You're not alone there.

Opinions on the Zelda series?

None, really. I played the anniversary edition of Four Swords on my 3DS when I was younger, mostly because it was given to me for free. Beyond that, nothing. It's not a series that has ever piqued my interest all that much, to be honest.

Here is the most original question: what is your favorite color?

What career would you like to pursue in the future? If you already have one, what is your career?

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

Eleven

Hey, that's nothing to be ashamed of! I was 9 when I first learned how to tie my shoes. Same with learning how to ride a bike; I was 9. I think it's awesome that you powered through!

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

When you were my age, (like 14, 15 ish) what sort of job did you want?

I think the one job I had wanted was to be a voice actor, which I think the interest in became apparent around that age. I'm 18 now (soon to be 19), and I was 15 when Heroes came out (which is what piqued my interest in the career). While I'm not entirely sure if my voice itself would make the cut, I took theatre for 3 years in high school, so my acting skills should be half decent!

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite FE antagonist?

Edelgard. Her story and motivations are far more complex than most (if not all) of the other villains in the series. Tbh, I see her as an anti-hero rather than a true villain, but I still think she's a great character regardless.

Your earliest gaming memory?

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Here is the most original question: what is your favorite color?

Most colors! Depends on my mood, but I quite like muted silvers, vibrant blues, oranges and purples, soft greens, light grays, deep blacks, and things that look like trees and flowers!

...I'm not so good at favorites, okay?

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eyyy, my fella! Me too! Well, I think I learned the motions before I was 11, but I still had great difficulties doing it when I entered high school (12 years of age in Spain). So yeah, don't feel so bad. You're not alone there.

Yoooooo! I hope you didn't have to deal with woodork class the same way I did, for your sake...

Favorite FE antagonist?

Ninja'd

Would you prefer the nextFE to have a rigid weapon rank system, or use Three Houses' anyone can use anything?

Edited by Benice

What is your stance on candy corn?

26 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Your earliest gaming memory?

I think when I was still a wee lad, I was at my mom's aunt's house, and there were other kids older than me there. I was still young, so I don't remember who they were, but I'm pretty sure one of them brought a turquoise GameBoy Color. I got to play a little bit of this one game, but I was stuck and had no idea where to go. I think I was in some kind of library area? Also, I think it might have been Pokemon, but again, I don't completely remember. It could have been Final Fantasy for all I know.

I've moved since that memory, but I could've sworn that I've seen that GameBoy in my house somewhere a long, long time ago. I have no idea how I would have gotten ahold of it, unless the owner of the GameBoy gave it to me, or it was actually mine to begin with, that latter of which I HIGHLY doubt.

Edited by indigoasis

13 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

What is your stance on candy corn?

I don't like it. I can sort of see why people would, though.

What is your favorite halloween costume you ever donned? (If you celebrated it, if not, just...Uh...Favorite season?)

Favorite FE antagonist?

Same as you, same reasoning my friend! Grandfather?

Most blessed fe unit you’ve ever had?