Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are some things most friends/family members would know about you in real life that online people/friends wouldn't know? (Eg: you seldom make eye contact, you're a quiet talker, you're organized to a fault, etc.)

19 hours ago, Benice said:

Do you think FE should strive to be as balanced as possible?

I think it should be balanced to a good enough extent, since perfect balance would be practically impossible (due to factors like join time, multiple unit types being practically mandatory for a game like FE, different characters/unit types having different utility/purposes).

I will say this though: I feel like Archers and Armor Knights should be buffed more and mounted units in general should have more drawbacks, since they're way too heavily favoured due to factors like high movement and access to multiple weapon types before promotion.

What is your favorite instrument?

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

What are some things most friends/family members would know about you in real life that online people/friends wouldn't know? (Eg: you seldom make eye contact, you're a quiet talker, you're organized to a fault, etc.)

I’ll do you one better, one that even I haven’t noticed. My family members tell me I smile when I’m nervous/uncomfortable, but I have never noticed this at all. I can’t really think of anything else at the moment.

Edited by Sooks1016

Mostly running, but I'm always too lazy so I just skate lol I want to get good and be able to nail a trick besides an ollie

What's your favorite kind of cheese? If you don't like cheese, what's your favorite movie? Cheese and movies kinda go together in my brain idk lol

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I like to just take leisure walks through the forest near my home. It's really relaxing.
Now, admittedly, I haven't done that much lately due to The Virus (TM), but I do like to do that every now and again.

---

How about you?

This is what I was referencing, totally forgot to quote it XD

Edited by Ika Musume

8 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Most blessed fe unit you’ve ever had?

The Florina in my LP. Wow.

And I'm pretty sure my Esteban and Saphira were super blessed as well.

Why is Fighter!Lysithea meta?

Edited by Benice

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

2 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

What is your favorite instrument?

I don't really have one. But if I had to pick one, I guess I'd go with the piano, due to its accessibility and versatility.

4 minutes ago, Randoman said:

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

Quiet and shy at first, but I'm pretty much exactly the same IRL as I am online.

Except I have a really squeaky voice. So I sound really annoying. And I talk too much...

So, good intentions, but not really pleasant to talk to.

What about you?

7 hours ago, Ika Musume said:

What's your favorite kind of cheese? If you don't like cheese, what's your favorite movie? Cheese and movies kinda go together in my brain idk lol

Blue cheese, best cheese and best dressing.

Spider-Man 2, a movie that is essentially perfect and a childhood classic as well.

Earliest gaming memory?

15 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

What do you like to do other than play fe?

I like playing other vidyagames of all sorts. I make screenshot LPs for fun. Youtube's a fine diversion too. One of these days I gotta try to get back into the habit of reading as well. High school murdered the whole concept for me, but it's been too many years, I need to move on.

Favorite weapon type in FE?

Where does your username come from?

14 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

What little quirks do you have (that you feel comfortable sharing) that most people wouldn't notice, but you know about yourself?

Hmmm....... I can’t think of any. Is that a cop out?

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Hmmm....... I can’t think of any. Is that a cop out?

Nah, that's fine.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Favorite weapon type in FE?

Swords. I love sword-wielding units in general, like myrms, mercs, and lords who carry them as well.

Same question to Sooks.

unless he's already answered that before

Edited by twilitfalchion

What is your favorite gba crit animation?

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Same question to Sooks.

unless he's already answered that before

Even if I have, my memory is not that good.

I’ll say swords for being the coolest imo, they lend themselves to some good animations and I think assassins/sword masters are fun. Plus my third favorite class line, Mercenary/Hero has them as their “main” weapon.

8 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Earliest gaming memory?

Watching my dad play Skyward Sword when I was...What, maybe 4? The thing I remember the most was when we were talking to Headmaster Gaepora when my dad got a phone call that lasted over an hour, so I got to have over an hour of Gaepora staring intently at the camera as peaceful clouds floated by while this theme played:

I still have this thing basically memorized.

What is your favorite academic subject in school?

24 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Weapon triangle, yay or nay?

Yay, it balances things. Otherwise it's just Axes>Lances>Swords because hitrates are irrelevant.

Same question to you.

Just now, Benice said:

Same question to you.

Nay, so long as any unit can use any weapon, like in 3H. That level of customization lets the player optimize weapon use so certain units will use the weapon best suited for them based on their stats. Stats will still influence hit rates for weapon choice to matter, imo.

Favorite GBA crit animation?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nay, so long as any unit can use any weapon, like in 3H.

Speaking of, I hope the next FE doesn't do this. I find it just basically makes every unit the same and makes the enemies impossible to balance.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite GBA crit animation?

Warrior axe crit, or swordmasters.

Favorite non-crit animations?

What are you thinking of 3h’s story?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

What is your favorite academic subject in school?

Math... or history.... or writing... but this year writing and reading are one class, English, so I can just take that off. Math or history, can’t decide.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Speaking of, I hope the next FE doesn't do this. I find it just basically makes every unit the same and makes the enemies impossible to balance.

Agreed.

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nay, so long as any unit can use any weapon, like in 3H. That level of customization lets the player optimize weapon use so certain units will use the weapon best suited for them based on their stats. Stats will still influence hit rates for weapon choice to matter, imo.

As long as the class system stays the same, units should still always end up using the right weapons- The way it is now, the optimal weapon type for everyone without a bane in them is axes because hit issues don’t exist in three houses unless you’re fighting an assassin. The player can optimize their units by picking classes that go along with their stats, and the weapon types of that class should naturally follow.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

Favorite non-crit animations?

Eliwood/Eirika normal strike. Something about how refined and graceful their movements are. Idk.

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

As long as the class system stays the same, units should still always end up using the right weapons- The way it is now, the optimal weapon type for everyone without a bane in them is axes because hit issues don’t exist in three houses unless you’re fighting an assassin. The player can optimize their units by picking classes that go along with their stats, and the weapon types of that class should naturally follow.

True.

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

What are you thinking of 3h’s story?

It's okay, I guess. I love the voice acting for the most part. My problems are mostly that

• The story lacks flow? It's hard to explain, but it just feels really choppy. Like, every event sort of ends up as "And then" rather than "Because" or "Therefore".  As a result of that, I feel like a lot of the plot twists, such as the Flame Emperor reveal feel too out of the blue. (Also, the
    Spoiler

dad death

is probably my least favorite in the series, but that's probably more personal taste since no one else seems to dislike it the way I do.)
  • The Golden deer are incredibly redundant to the point that the game is practically self-aware about it. Maybe that was the intent, but it sort of doesn't work.
  • The cast is enjoyable, but I feel like it's not as good as people say it is. I think being Better Than Fates is reason enough for most people, though.
  • It tends to employ the "You won but we actually won" trope a lot, which is kinda annoying.
  • The monastery barely changes post-timeskip, but oh well, very minor nitpick.
  • Biggest one: The laws of death are incredibly inconsistent. Like, how many times has the Death knight died already? Four, I think? We killed the Flame Emperor two maps in a row,  from what I've heard, Hubert basically never dies, so on and so forth. I actually thought that Solon was still alive because he didn't have a death animation and he basically said "well, that sucks. Oh well, what can ya do?"
  • Those who Slither in the Dark are kinda...Bad? I'll give 'em a bit more time, but ATM they're basically

Who did you S-support in your first playthrough?

Just now, Benice said:

Who did you S-support in your first playthrough?

Marianne.von.Edmund.full.2746660.jpg

❤️

--------

Anyone you're interested in S-supporting? Romantically, that is. Alois and Gilbert are not romantic S-supports.

20 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

What’s your comfort food?

Sorry this reply comes so late. I just ran out of stuff to ask people.

I don't think there's anything I would consider as such.
I guess the closest thing I have to comfort food would be ham and cheese sandwiches, since I tend to eat one of these when I don't feel like cooking that day.

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Marianne.von.Edmund.full.2746660.jpg

All Hail Dorte the Horse! *bows*
Jokes aside, that picture is pretty!

---

Thoughts on Lethe/Mordecai as units in Path of Radiance?

Edited by DragonFlames

35 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nay!

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

The story lacks flow? It's hard to explain, but it just feels really choppy. Like, every event sort of ends up as "And then" rather than "Because" or "Therefore".

because we need setup for part 2

What game series do you want to try but haven’t?

Edited by Sooks1016