Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How far did you get in fe6 before you stopped?

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Which path did you like better in SoV?

Celica’s, better maps and better story imo (I only remember like certain story beats and maps, it’s been so long that that might not be accurate)

10 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

How far did you get in fe6 before you stopped?

Ch. 15, the desert map. Since then I've restarted and only used the best units I can get my hands on. I plan to finish it eventually, at least once through. Although Rutger died in Ch. 12, so...

What do you think of FE6 so far?

What Mario games have you played/defeated?

13 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Is there anything in particular you do to calm down?

The main thing I resort to these days is youtube videos and listening to video game music. A year or so back I would've said video games, but with me mainly playing Super Mario Maker 2 and how cutthroat the Super Mario Maker 2 leaderboards have gotten and how stressful it's been to improve/maintain my leaderboard position, I don't think it counts as relaxing and calming.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, I'm sure if I keep asking people someone will answer someone different than Brom: Favorite armor knight / general in the series?

I would answer Brom, just to be cheeky, but I won't. Though I do like the guy...
My favorite armor knight/general in the series is a toss-up between Roger and Kellam.
Kellam, because beyond his John Cena imitation ("You can't see me", and all that), he is an overall really friendly, downright normal guy.
And Roger... I just find his recruitment absolutely hilarious. I know that's kind of a shallow reason to like a character, but there you go.

---

What is your favorite game?

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yours?

Crap, forgot to answer this! Sorry!
I mostly asked you that question to see which games I could recommend you, hehe~!

I own mostly Nintendo consoles, too, a GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, GameCube (that doesn't work anymore), Wii, 3DS XL, and Switch.
I do have a PS3 (which doesn't work anymore), PSVita and a PS4, as well.

55 minutes ago, Randoman said:

What Mario games have you played/defeated?

I've beaten SMB1, World, 64, NSMB, NSMB2, NSLuigiU, SM3DLand (100%), SM3DWorld (100%), Galaxy 2, and Odyssey.

I've played but not beaten yet: Lost Levels, SMB2, SMB3, Yoshi's Island, Sunshine, Galaxy 1, NSMBWii, NSMBU, and the GB(C) games.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Crap, forgot to answer this! Sorry!

Nw! 👍

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I mostly asked you that question to see which games I could recommend you, hehe~!

Oh, thanks! I wish I knew of any games I could recommend for you as well, but I don't exactly have a lot of variety in what I play. 😛

-------

Favorite games from the PS3 that you've played?

What is your favorite video game mechanic?

12 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Best fe character designs, in your opinion?

Overall, I'd say Hidari's art for Echoes is some of the best in the series. I find it amazing how drastic some of the designs have changed from their Gaiden counterparts, yet still keep intact the base design, if that makes sense. I would also say that Fates has some of the most unique character designs in the series, as well. One of the most appealing designs for a single character for me would probably be Marth by Kozaki Yusuke in Fates. It just looks so clean.

What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

What is your favorite game?

I guess it'd currently be Super Mario Maker 2, though since I'm mostly playing it just for leaderboard position maintenance, it may not count. Since I've lately been tempted to get back into playing Kirby Star Allies, I guess that'd be another one of my favourites.

12 minutes ago, Randoman said:

What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

This is a perfect question for a thread like this.

Back in high school, I absolutely despised how slowly people walked in the hallways between classes. There were a lot of kids that went there, about 3000 or so if I remember correctly, so I guess it's somewhat understandable, but I personally didn't want to be late for my next class. It was a fairly big school, and we only had 5 minutes between classes. I'm still not a fan of how slow people go sometimes going from place to place, especially if they're the only obstacle between me and where I'm trying to get to.

Another big peeve of mine is people who don't use their blinkers/turn signals on the road. I don't care how far ahead you are or if there's no one around, you better use your blinker to indicate your turn. It's even worse when people are weaving between traffic and don't use it. Just the other night, I was driving home from a friend's house, and there were a few cars weaving through traffic, but they at least used their blinkers. 

My last big peeve is hearing people chew. It just sounds so gross and it irritates the hell out of me. Same with hearing my dog lapping up water. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, I just really don't like hearing it. 

I'll go ahead and extend the same question to you, if that's alright.

What’s your dream vacation?

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

What do you think of FE6 so far?

I wish there were more promotion items and the ambush spawn in chapter 4 wasn’t very fair, but I’m having fun. I like the characters and the character design, I like how fleshed out Elibe is this time, and the few supports I have seen are leagues better than most of fe7’s. And it’s an fe game that isn’t from the dark ages, so you’ll already know what I think of the gameplay. Therefore, fun.

7 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Who is yOuR favorite armor knight in fe?

Brom

In FE proper, I'd say maybe Douglas? I have a fondness for armor knights in general (no pun intended), but since my FE6 Ironman LP I've had a big soft spot for that guy in particular. Oswin's great too, but I haven't played his game in years, so... meh. To be honest, I think every single hack I've ever played has more fun armor knights than the official games. Even The Last Promise, which came out before it was trendy to make armor knights good, had Kevin with the indisputable best availability of any unit in the game.

If we count KagaSaga, things get more interesting... In a way. Kaga utterly despised armor knights. TearRing and Berwick knights with 3 movement, I mean, c'mon. That said, in TRS, Norton promotes to be the only great knight in the game, and Billford has a 5% move growth. They're both pretty hilarious, if not all that objectively good. Norton gets bonus points for being possibly the most hideous playable character in any FE game, to the point where many players fail to realize he's even playable. Seriously, even Arden isn't this glorious. Feast thine eyes.

Derrick gets an honorable mention for being the most hilarious meme unit ever.

What's your favorite Three Houses route?

17 hours ago, indigoasis said:

How well can you swim?

I used to be quite good. Not a competetive swimmer, but decently fast. I'm still certainly competent, but I'm currently out of swimming shape.

If Kaga returned to IntSys and helped make the next FE game, do you think it would be better or worse because of it?

Edited by Benice

What Archanean characters (FE1/3/11/12) were you hoping would get Cipher Card of themselves, but didn't?

2 hours ago, indigoasis said:

I'll go ahead and extend the same question to you, if that's alright.

Oooh boy... There's so many I can mention:

-People who don't contribute chores-wise around the house

-People who do so much talking and leave so little chance/opportunity for others to talk/give their opinions/stance on things

-People who are excessively loud, especially in cases where it's late at night and people are trying to sleep

-Arrogant people in general, especially my former best friend (please don't ask me about this, since it's a really sore spot)

-Anime/TV series where girls slap/punch/physically hurt guys at the littlest provocation

-One dimensional villains in fiction who are evil for the lulz and don't have a compelling backstory/decent motive (eg: The Joker, Kefka)

-Rabid fanbases *cough*like Batman's*cough*

...I guess I'll stop there before I go overboard and anger myself any further.

16 minutes ago, Randoman said:

What Archanean characters (FE1/3/11/12) were you hoping would get Cipher Card of themselves, but didn't?

Huh. I didn't really follow cipher, but I'd assume that Matthis, Boah and that Berserker guy (I can't remember his name, dangit!) didn't get any.

Favorite non-FE/RF game on the Switch?

5 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite games from the PS3 that you've played?

Hands down Tales of Xillia 2.
It's story was so dang heartbreaking, it was the first ever game (of three, at present) to legitimately make me cry. The gameplay, music, and characters were also really fantastic.
It's definitely one of my favorite Tales games, even if I do prefer Berseria.

---

And you?

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And you?

Well, when I got my PS3 I was only a young kid, so my parents pretty carefully regulated what games I played, understandably. Most of what I've played on it were licensed (read: mediocre) games from years ago like LEGO games and other similar games. I can't say I really have a favorite game from that console tbh. I also sold most of my games over time because I got older and I wanted to get games for other consoles. My PS3 ended up being a glorified DVD player for several years.

That's why I'd like to either get some games for it or work out homebrew.

------

Favorite Tales game?

Sooksninja'd

Edited by twilitfalchion

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Which Tales series games have you played?

I played and finished:

• Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Tales of Hearts R
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Tales of Xillia
  • Tales of Xillia 2
  • Tales of Zestiria
  • Tales of Berseria

I also played Tales of Graces f and the original Tales of Symphonia, but I didn't finish them for various reasons (Graces' characters and gameplay were kinda... not that great, to be honest, and I didn't really enjoy the gameplay in Symphonia. It felt kind of slow for some reason, especially compared to later entries).

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite Tales game?

Assuming you were ninja'd. XD
Tales of Berseria, easily. It has the best story, the best gameplay, and the best characters.
Although music-wise, the Xillias have an edge over it.

---

Favorite platforming game?

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Favorite platforming game?

Probably Super Mario Odyssey. I generally prefer 3D platformers to 2D ones, and Odyssey has several open-ended levels that are a joy to explore, along with great controls and in-game movement. It really is an excellent game.

Best Tales girl, in your opinion?

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Best Tales girl, in your opinion?

I am super biased, and I do still think Velvet is the best protagonist in the series, and she's an unpopular pick (which strengthens my own opinion, tbh), but...
I have to give it to Marta from Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World.
I enjoy that she is the type to readily take action, I enjoy how affectionate she is (as it creates many funny scenes), and I like her development and romance with the protagonist Emil a lot. Also, I crushed super hard on her when I first played the game, so there's that. XD

And fun fact, in the Japanese dub, she is voiced by the same person who voiced Taiga Aisaka.

---

Best Zelda incarnation in your opinion?

ninja'd, but it still works (although in Benice's case, I think I know the answer ^^).

Edited by DragonFlames