Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from Smash Bros., what are some of your favourite multiplayer games to play with friends?

2 hours ago, indigoasis said:

What's something that can gives you goosebumps? Like, the good kinds of goosebumps, not the goosebumps you get from being cold or whatever.

I'm... not exactly sure what qualifies as getting good goosebumps.

The closest thing I can think of to getting good goosebumps is around a month ago, when they revealed both Mario and Luigi would be getting tons of different costumes for Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit. Well, specifically Luigi. I mean, Mario already had his costume collection in Super Mario Odyssey. So seeing Luigi get that same treatment made me really happy and psyched. As someone who's been a fan of both Mario Bros. growing up as a kid (and would use both controllers to play as both Mario and Luigi in the NES/SNES days), it really means a lot when they get equal treatment/close-to-equal treatment.

Another thing that kind of gave me good goosebumps was Gooey being playable in Kirby Fighers 2. I mean, Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Waddle Dee were shoo-ins, and Magolor was easily the next most worthy candidate, given his importance/prevalence in the Kirby series. But them adding Gooey meant tons to me, with him finally getting the spotlight after over a decade of being shafted/sidelined from being Kirby's ally/partner. I mean, he was a helper/supporting character in  Kirby's Dream Land 2, then a fully fledged partner in Kirby's Dream Land 3. You think they would've maintained Gooey's role after that big of a promotion (I mean, being the "Player 2" character is a pretty big role), or at least kept him as a side character, but HAL treated him almost as if he never existed after Kirby's Dream Land 3, which was a huge disappointment to me. Kirby Star Allies bringing Gooey back was huge to me, though I wasn't sure if it'd last for future Kirby games. Thankfully, Kirby Fighters 2 proved me wrong.

...that probably wasn't at all how you wanted me to answer that question, but that's unfortunately the only thing I can think of, in terms of "good goosebumps."

29 minutes ago, Randoman said:

Aside from Smash Bros., what are some of your favourite multiplayer games to play with friends?

Mario Kart. A classic series, and online multiplayer is great since I don't have anyone to play against in person.

30 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Looks like I’m an extreme liar

Eh, sorry. Force of habit.

What is your least fav Zelda game?

18 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Do you think remakes should be faithful?

Yes. A game's flaws can be addressed without dismantling it in my opinion.

Why do you dislike Cyril?

5 hours ago, indigoasis said:

What is your ideal video game?

Pokémon Black 2. It is easy enough so anyone can finish it, but it offers a lot of depth to people who want to delve deeper at its mechanics (see the competitive metagame). It offers a good story(for Pokémon standards), multiple difficulty settings and good multiplayer options. The icing on the cake is the massive post game.

-------

Favorite season of the year?

Edited by Maof06

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Why do you dislike Cyril?

To be completely fair to Cyril, I never recruited him nor saw many of his supports. But the small amount of time I did see him, his personality was a tad short and I didn't care for his Rhea fanaticism. But it's honestly much more of a mild disliking, rather than a strong disliking or hate.

Favorite FE4 character?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite FE4 character?

FE4 has characters?

I like Larcei. Her design is nice, and she is a myrmidon who isn't edgy!

Do you think the next FE has to have full voice-acting?

EDIT: Whoops. Missed a comment.

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Favorite season of the year?

All of them! They all have great and enjoyable parts to 'em.

Edited by Benice

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite FE4 character?

Ares, the True Black Knight. Carried Gen 2 for me.

-------

Favorite FE pairing?

33 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Favorite FE pairing?

Esteban and Sophie

What do you want the next FE to look like in terms of gameplay, story, etc.?

10 minutes ago, Randoman said:

What personality traits do you look for/value most when it comes to potential friends?

Kindness. That's all, really. I just hang out with the people I like.

What is your favorite genre of music?

Who are some of your most favourite Disney characters?

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

What is your favorite genre of music?

It'd definitely be video game music. As for what specific games/game series, I've lately been listening to a fair amount of Kirby/Secret of Evermore music.

...though if you don't count that, I guess Opera Music from Vitas is my next answer, in regards to my favourite genre/type of music. That's the other kind of music I listen to the most.

How handsome are you?

3 hours ago, Randoman said:

...that probably wasn't at all how you wanted me to answer that question, but that's unfortunately the only thing I can think of, in terms of "good goosebumps."

Haha, that's completely fine! I probably could've explained what I meant by "good goosebumps," but I think your answer does the question justice!

I guess while I'm here, I can explain "good goosebumps." Basically, it's what occurs when you have a really strong feeling towards something. To give a personal example, when the song Incoming! from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is used in the game, it gives me goosebumps. I can think of no better song to be used in boss fights. Another example would be Pyra's Awakening. That whole scenario is probably one of my favorite hooks for any video game.

19 minutes ago, Randoman said:

Who are some of your most favourite Disney characters?

Uh... I like Lefou? I don't really watch enough movies.

How can I become more mature and grow up, mentally speaking?

HAH I FINALLY HAVE YOU TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION. Why have you not played many more games other than fe and Zelda?

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite comfort meal?

Chips, even though they’re not a meal

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

What is your least fav Zelda game?

I don’t know if this counts because I played it for like 5 minutes but Phantom Hour Glass. The controls make me want to throw my DS.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

What do you want the next FE to look like in terms of gameplay, story, etc.?

Gameplay? Divine pulse back but a fair less amount of charges than Three Houses. The weapon triangle removed but classes can only use certain weapon types again, and a class system sort of similar to 3h in that any unit can have access to any class (this also means no gender locked classes) but I don’t really want them to be “tier” based. And when I say this I mean I don’t really want a beginner-intermediate-advanced-master sort of thing again because that encourages most characters to start out as growth units, which was nice in this game but I’d rather the player not be dumped a bunch of units chapter 1 and be encouraged to just use only those ones. If we can go back to Conquest’s unique map objectives that would be cool. An either nonexistent or vastly streamlined hub world would be great as well. And you better be able to marry the waifus

Story? I like how Three Houses subverted the evil red empire trope, and I feel like this shows IS being more self aware so we shouldn’t have to see it again, unless the next game is a remake of one like that or takes place in Fodlan during that time. One note characters should be out of here as well imo unless they’re actually funny (sorry Raphael). That’s really all I have to say, that enough?

13 hours ago, Benice said:

Do you think the next FE has to have full voice-acting?

Yes. It wouldn't make sense for the next game to not have it when Echoes and 3H did.

Favorite fictional male protagonist?

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite fictional male protagonist?

Dimitri from three houses of course! But you probably already knew that so I’ll also say that I quite like Mike Wheeler.

Same question to you, actually.

How did you and your girlfriend first meet, and how did you reach the point of being girlfriend and boyfriend? You can skip this question if it's too personal.

16 hours ago, indigoasis said:

When did you get your driver's license? If you don't have one yet, when would you expect to get it?

10 or 11 years ago. I didn't go from my beginner's to my intermediate right away, since I waited around 6 months to a year compared to the soonest I could've gotten my intermediate license, but the delay was hardly that bad.

16 hours ago, indigoasis said:

How handsome are you?

I'm not exactly sure if this question is directed towards me or not, since there was a double post. I guess there's no harm in me answering it, since the person it's supposed to be directed to can just give their answer too.

I suppose I'm a bit above average, in regards to the looks department. I'm definitely not the kind of guy that tons of girls swoon over, but I did have a few girls in elementary and junior high have crushes on me. High school and onward, it's much trickier to figure out if people have crushes on you.

What was your biggest motivator that got you where you are now? (for a job, love life, education level, etc.)

17 hours ago, indigoasis said:

How handsome are you?

Pretty handsome, ngl. That's an excellent question, thanks for asking @indigoasis.

37 minutes ago, Randoman said:

High school and onward, it's much trickier to figure out if people have crushes on you.

Lmao, I couldn't figure that stuff out period.

17 hours ago, Benice said:

How can I become more mature and grow up, mentally speaking?

I feel like that's something that just happens naturally over time. I wouldn't worry about growing more mature at your age (15-16, I think you had said somewhere?). If anything, I would recommend enjoying the time you have left as a teenager. I think the first two lines in this song should give some perspective. Basically, adults aren't necessarily kids grown up, but rather that they're grown up kids.

Anyway, don't try to force change upon yourself unless you feel that it's absolutely necessary.

Of course, I'm only 18 myself, so an actual adult could give way better advice than I can.

Do you struggle with racism at all, in regards to to your own thoughts/jokes/prejudices?

You don't have to answer that question if you don't want to. I'm just asking since it's a slight struggle of mine that came up an hour or so ago.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who's the character in your profile picture?

On 9/10/2020 at 7:41 PM, Randoman said:

Uh... I'd rather not answer that question publicly since I don't want people to learn about him and his series, and risk making his hatebase higher than it already is.