Which House Would the Past Fire Emblem Lords Join?

Saku

Wow, it's already been more than a whole year since FE3H released! So now that time has passed and most have had a chance to play all the routes and experience what each nation and class is like, let's do a fun game!

Which House Would the Past Fire Emblem Lords Join?

Use the google form linked above to pick the house based on how well you think the character and their motivations would fit, and if you're not that familiar with the character then you can choose the last option on their question!

After posting this form on reddit last night, we've already gotten 443 responses! So I wanted to see what y'all's thoughts were before I closed the poll!

I'll have the form open for a few days (I'll close it October 8, 2020) , and after that I'll make a cute little infographic with the results! Feel free to share your opinions and try and convince others! You can always edit your choices if you've changed your mind! Thanks for participating!

Here's a traditional link if the embedded one doesn't work: https://forms.gle/UyEwVgnNUWQKS8M47

Edited by Saku

...But the houses are based on geographical location? There's no sorting hat throwing them into classes or anything, it's completely chance-based on where they're born.

49 minutes ago, whase said:

...But the houses are based on geographical location? There's no sorting hat throwing them into classes or anything, it's completely chance-based on where they're born.

I think it’s what country they would side with should they enter Fodlan during the war. I think.

8 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I think it’s what country they would side with should they enter Fodlan during the war. I think.

Okay, what route's war are we talking about here? Depending on what route you'd choose the war is changed completely.

Since Edelgard is the one who starts the war, I'm pretty sure everyone would side with the church if they had to pick at the beginning of the war.

1 hour ago, whase said:

Basically which faction during the war would they fit best in, based on their personalities, actions, and ideologies in their respective games.

The Lissa discussion pretty much showed that the past lords cannot be held up to the standards set by 3H. None of them go through the same struggles as Dimitri or have to make the same choices as Edelgard. To say they  "just side with the side that is being declared against" is naive to say the least. I'm pretty sure there are more than a few lords (Sigurd, Alm, Corrin) that go on offensive wars in FE, but all of them conquer their respective continents even if they are doing a "defensive invasion". "They started it" is not a legitimate cause to pretend conquering a continent is somehow more noble than uniting Fodlan with Edelgard and that she was evil to do so when everybody in the game says that uniting Fodlan is the right thing to do. 

Also I'm not sure what the point of the poll is, we've all seen how these go down with such discussions. Reddit is definitely not the best place to ask this.

Edited by SRPG Tryhard

I think Ike might be sympathetic towards Edelgard's reformist ideals, but I really can't see any other lords going Black Eagles. Chrom might, because he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, and he'd be easily manipulated by whoever seeks to do so (which could be any player in Fodlan). 

Most lords are simply too religiously dogmatic to even entertain the notion of opposing the church, unless the church attacks them first. That's what I like about Edelgard; she breaks from tradition and is self-motivated.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think Ike might be sympathetic towards Edelgard's reformist ideals, but I really can't see any other lords going Black Eagles. Chrom might, because he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, and he'd be easily manipulated by whoever seeks to do so (which could be any player in Fodlan). 

Most lords are simply too religiously dogmatic to even entertain the notion of opposing the church, unless the church attacks them first. That's what I like about Edelgard; she breaks from tradition and is self-motivated.

I don't see Chrom ever joining Edelgard. She's involved in things he'd never be part of. Not to mention she's the most similar to Walhart, out of the leaders in we have in Three Houses, and Chrom was totally against that as well. So that's a no to Black Eagles/Crimson Flower.

Chrom is also one not to be tied down by tradition, especially when it's stifling the population, so no to Blue Lions/Azure Moon (and Silver Snow to a lesser extent).

However, I totally see Chrom as being on board with Claude's ideals and goals, fits him perfectly. So that's a definite yes to Golden Deer/Verdant Wind.

Edited by Slyfox

17 minutes ago, Slyfox said:

I don't see Chrom ever joining Edelgard. She's involved in things he'd never be part of. Not to mention she's the most similar to Walhart, out of the leaders in we have in Three Houses, and Chrom was totally against that as well. So that's a no to Black Eagles/Crimson Flower.

Chrom is also one not to be tied down by tradition, especially when it's stifling the population, so no to Blue Lions/Azure Moon (and Silver Snow to a lesser extent).

However, I totally see Chrom as being on board with Claude's ideals and goals, fits him perfectly. So that's a definite yes to Golden Deer/Verdant Wind.

It really just depends on how Edelgard and TWSITD play their hand. If Validar could manipulate Chrom into allying against Walhart, I see no reason why a very similar faction couldn't manipulate him into say... fighting the berserk Dimitri.

It's just hard to justify anyone joining Edelgard on surface level because she fills such a traditional antagonist role. She's different from the norm, and it's much easier to see her gaining the loyalty of Camus types than actual lords.

By the same token, Dimitri's lunacy would probably be a turnoff to most lords. 

I think a realistic distribution would be something like:

Church loyalists (Silver Snow): 

Marth

Celica

Sigurd

Seliph

Chrom

Eliwood

Blue Lions:

Micaiah

Hector

Ephraim & Eirika

Golden Deer:

Alm

Ike (very much so)

Lyn

Roy

Leif

Yuri

Black Eagles:

Corrin, because Corrin is an easily manipulated horndog and because SOMEONE has to be BE.

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Golden Deer:

Alm

Ike (very much so)

Lyn

Roy

Leif

Yuri

Black Eagles:

Corrin, because Corrin is an easily manipulated horndog and because SOMEONE has to be BE.

I would argue Alm would join Edelgard simply because their goals are almost exactly the same. Alm’s whole thing by the end of SoV is to put an end to gods and pave way for a new era in which humans can live for themselves. The end of Crimson flower is exactly that. To end the current system of humanity serving gods so that they may live for themselves. In that sense Alm would agree with Edelgard because they both fight for the strength of Humanity rather than the strength of gods.

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I would argue Alm would join Edelgard simply because their goals are almost exactly the same. Alm’s whole thing by the end of SoV is to put an end to gods and pave way for a new era in which humans can live for themselves. The end of Crimson flower is exactly that. To end the current system of humanity serving gods so that they may live for themselves. In that sense Alm would agree with Edelgard because they both fight for the strength of Humanity rather than the strength of gods.

Yes, but he takes a long while to get to that point in his character arc. He's initially the kind of idealist that would most closely align with Claude. If we're considering allegiance swaps, things would get really interesting and would really be based on route.

For instance, if Crimson Flower's events are the canon route, we could easily see Alm swap from Golden Deer to Black Eagles after Claude's defeat. Then we could see Celica swap from the church to the Black Eagles, but only during the burning of Fherdiad.

I think people are giving black eagles not enough credit so far.  If you actually had the lords in question talk to not just the leaders involved but the classes and students I feel like there would be a lot of new comers who think Fodlan needs some serious reform based on how crests have lead to some pretty negative situations.  In particular the Tellius characters as the whole crest situation as similar to beroc vs laguz situation or how the crestless are treated kind of like the branded  in there own world.  Shunned and unwanted by society as a whole in the current system.  I don't think the situation is entirely unique to Tellius or Fodland either.

I do think that for the vast majority of cases if not the entire cast of lords its going to be very personal and subjective where people place there lords but one thing I do want to make note of is I do think Edelgard and Claude would have a slight advantage over Dimtri in the regards of being able to sell there cases.  Claude's whole thing is that he is more of a people's person over the the other two and I don't think he has to be there always to get that through. Edelgard is very confident in who she is and what she stands for which is it own form of charisma that I feel would draw people to her side. While I don't think he would be bad at making his own case Dimtri is a little more reserved so he probably won't be as proactive in recruiting as the other two.  So in settings where the people are out there in the world and they have to find them and do the recruiting I do think he would be a bit behind because of his way of recruiting is a bit more personal getting to know you basis. 

Eliwood and Hector would be in Golden Deer because it's the closest form of government from where they're from. I see Marth and Caeda being in Blue Lions for their chivalry. 

I honestly can't see any lords joining Edelgard/Crimson Flower because of its war on the Church. But I see the majority joining Claude/Verdant Wind to reform it peacefully and give Rhea a second chance (Yes, Edelgard offered one to Rhea at the end of CF but Rhea wasn't in her right mind for the entire route so . . .) 

On 10/10/2020 at 1:25 AM, SRPG Tryhard said:

The Lissa discussion pretty much showed that the past lords cannot be held up to the standards set by 3H. None of them go through the same struggles as Dimitri or have to make the same choices as Edelgard. To say they  "just side with the side that is being declared against" is naive to say the least. I'm pretty sure there are more than a few lords (Sigurd, Alm, Corrin) that go on offensive wars in FE, but all of them conquer their respective continents even if they are doing a "defensive invasion". "They started it" is not a legitimate cause to pretend conquering a continent is somehow more noble than uniting Fodlan with Edelgard and that she was evil to do so when everybody in the game says that uniting Fodlan is the right thing to do. 

Also I'm not sure what the point of the poll is, we've all seen how these go down with such discussions. Reddit is definitely not the best place to ask this.

Alm is pretty much the only pre Three Houses lord that actually conqueres his enemies. Marth ends up getting control of the entire continent because of a mass series of abdications that just hand it over to him. Seliph inherits the empire that the villains United for him and even then mostly divides it up between his friends. Roy leaves Been in Guinevere's hands iirc, Eirika and Ephraim don't seem to take control of Grasp and even if they did it would be a response act given the massive natural disaster it's about to face. Ike and Crimeia as a whole explicitly domes take control big Daein, their opportunistic allies who act as the villains of the next game do. Chrom doesn't take control of Gangrel's kingdom (namely is legitimately slipping my mind now) after the first war which comes back to bite him. Don't think anything is mentioned about Valm's state after the war but considering it's an over seas continent and Chrom was fighting partially on behalf of Say'ri it seems highly unlikely he took control of it. Lastly Corrin always allows the surviving royals to take control of their respective kingdoms. Corrin does become king of Valla but that's another case basically inheriting it. And it's not like there's much of a populous actually left in it. "They started it" usually is a pretty good excuse as most lords are only interested in defending their home land. Hell even the "conqueror" Alm inherited Rigel too. He might have just went back to Ram village Ike style and let everyone else sort things out if the responsibility of king wasn't trusted upon him.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Lastly Corrin always allows the surviving royals to take control of their respective kingdoms. Corrin does become king of Valla but that's another case basically inheriting it. And it's not like there's much of a populous actually left in it.

Isn't it stated in the Japanese that the "Valla" Corrin gets isn't the floating dead kingdom, but a new country made of lands taken from Nohr and Hoshido?

And yes, Bern is given to Guinevere. Grado is given independence, though its new government is unclear. And Plegia is the name of Gangrel's kingdom.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On 10/19/2020 at 5:02 PM, Jotari said:

Alm is pretty much the only pre Three Houses lord that actually conqueres his enemies. Marth ends up getting control of the entire continent because of a mass series of abdications that just hand it over to him. Seliph inherits the empire that the villains United for him and even then mostly divides it up between his friends. Roy leaves Been in Guinevere's hands iirc, Eirika and Ephraim don't seem to take control of Grasp and even if they did it would be a response act given the massive natural disaster it's about to face. Ike and Crimeia as a whole explicitly domes take control big Daein, their opportunistic allies who act as the villains of the next game do. Chrom doesn't take control of Gangrel's kingdom (namely is legitimately slipping my mind now) after the first war which comes back to bite him. Don't think anything is mentioned about Valm's state after the war but considering it's an over seas continent and Chrom was fighting partially on behalf of Say'ri it seems highly unlikely he took control of it. Lastly Corrin always allows the surviving royals to take control of their respective kingdoms. Corrin does become king of Valla but that's another case basically inheriting it. And it's not like there's much of a populous actually left in it. "They started it" usually is a pretty good excuse as most lords are only interested in defending their home land. Hell even the "conqueror" Alm inherited Rigel too. He might have just went back to Ram village Ike style and let everyone else sort things out if the responsibility of king wasn't trusted upon him.

Yeah exactly. Marth took over the whole of Archanea, the Renais twins took over Grado (their heir is dead anyway), Chrom conquered Plegia and at least north Valm as Chonsin was a small kingdom in the south, and Corrin in Birthright of course. That's already plenty of examples of "defensive wars" turning to conquest in the series. 

Edited by SRPG Tryhard

35 minutes ago, SRPG Tryhard said:

Yeah exactly. Marth took over the whole of Archanea, the Renais twins took over Grado (their heir is dead anyway), Chrom conquered Plegia and at least north Valm as Chonsin was a small kingdom in the south, and Corrin in Birthright of course. That's already plenty of examples of "defensive wars" turning to conquest in the series. 

But Marth didn't get his United Continent via cinquest, Chrom didn't conquer Plegia (which caused him later problems), Corrin didn't conquer Nohr at all (he barely even led any troops into it, basically covertly assassinated the king and let Leo take over) and nothing suggests the Renais twins took control of Grado. All the endings for the Grado characters refer to them helping with the reconstruction of it. Knoll's even confirms the empire reaches its ore war glory within his life time. Alm and Seliph are the only lord's who gain territory as a result of conquest and in both cases they don't do it because they conquered the enemy kingdom but because they are considered the rightful heirs. Hell Seliph doesn't even keep the United Continent Alvis made, handing the responsibility of the previous countries over to it's heirs if they have them.

Edited by Jotari