Mythic Hero: Ashera - Order Goddess

Jave

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

You need 36 Attack Speed to double her, but the only units that even have Spd caps that high are Ike (37), Leonardo with Lughnasadh equipped (39), Swordmasters (40), Rogues (40), Falcon Knights (36), Beasts not named Muarim, Mordecai, Kyza, or Skrimir (36-40), and non-Heron Birds (42-50). (Using tier 2 class names for people who aren't familiar with Radiant Dawn's tier 3 class names.)

Most units are going to fall in the 29-35 Attack Speed range where neither unit doubles the other.

Nasir's White Pool gets anyone with 31 Spd over the line as long as they're adjacent to him, and that is almost everyone, Mantle's inbuilt Nihil doesn't block it. So yes, by herself, Ashera isn't easy to double, but why not field Nasir? -Which you could counter-argue in FEH with why not bring Spd/follow-up buffs then to deal with FEsHera.

...Speaking of Ashera does make it clear that FEH could've done different things in their approach to her. She is rather unusual for an FE foe, Dheginsea is in ways a more dangerous foe 1 v. 1, while Ashera relies on being surrounded by barriers a few spirits, and killing people off indirectly through her aoe damage, status inflictions, and long range single target snipes. Not saying FEH should've designed her in any particular way, just that she is unique.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, one of her tap quotes is just flat out better in Japanese:

Localized as "All this pointless flailing... I need no further evidence of your kind's imperfections."
…? …今、お前が行った無意味な行動も…人が不完全である証…
...? ...Ima, omae ga okonatta muimi na koudou mo... hito ga fukanzen de aru akashi...
"Hm? ...The meaningless action you did just now... is also proof of mankind's imperfection..."

She's clearly referring to the fact that you just poked her. And she's clearly passive-aggressively annoyed.

Eh, English one sounds better to me. "Passive-aggressively annoyed" doesn't sound like something that should ever describe Ashera.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You need 36 Attack Speed to double her, but the only units that even have Spd caps that high are Ike (37), Leonardo with Lughnasadh equipped (39), Swordmasters (40), Rogues (40), Falcon Knights (36), Beasts not named Muarim, Mordecai, Kyza, or Skrimir (36-40), and non-Heron Birds (42-50). (Using tier 2 class names for people who aren't familiar with Radiant Dawn's tier 3 class names.)

Most units are going to fall in the 29-35 Attack Speed range where neither unit doubles the other.

Maybe it's just the units I use, but that sounds like a hell of a lot of the cast.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nasir's White Pool gets anyone with 31 Spd over the line as long as they're adjacent to him, and that is almost everyone, Mantle's inbuilt Nihil doesn't block it. So yes, by herself, Ashera isn't easy to double, but why not field Nasir? -Which you could counter-argue in FEH with why not bring Spd/follow-up buffs then to deal with FEsHera.

...Speaking of Ashera does make it clear that FEH could've done different things in their approach to her. She is rather unusual for an FE foe, Dheginsea is in ways a more dangerous foe 1 v. 1, while Ashera relies on being surrounded by barriers a few spirits, and killing people off indirectly through her aoe damage, status inflictions, and long range single target snipes. Not saying FEH should've designed her in any particular way, just that she is unique.

Giving her a prf AOE special could have been a good way of representing her AOE attacks. There's quite a few characters is Heroes I'd deem deserving of an prf AOE special, but it's never been a route they've considered from the looks of it.

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Giving her a prf AOE special could have been a good way of representing her AOE attacks. There's quite a few characters is Heroes I'd deem deserving of an prf AOE special, but it's never been a route they've considered from the looks of it.

Aren't AoE Specials considered kinda bleh in FEH in general?

Have they ever taken that old Chill line of skills and considered a "Chill Pain"? Since, although I never noticed them myself, Ashera's 1-7 range Judge attacks have been the bane of some, namely murdering Gareth.

If they haven't added one, questions of a Chill Pain would be...

• Two separate ones, one for Def and one for Res. Or, one that deals fixed damage? How much fixed damage if fixed?
  • Target the highest HP enemy, or the lowest HP enemy? Either way the damage would be nonfatal.
  • How frequently should it activate in battle? Once at the start of battle, or every so many turns?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Have they ever taken that old Chill line of skills and considered a "Chill Pain"? Since, although I never noticed them myself, Ashera's 1-7 range Judge attacks have been the bane of some, namely murdering Gareth.

If they haven't added one, questions of a Chill Pain would be...

• Two separate ones, one for Def and one for Res. Or, one that deals fixed damage? How much fixed damage if fixed?
  • Target the highest HP enemy, or the lowest HP enemy? Either way the damage would be nonfatal.
  • How frequently should it activate in battle? Once at the start of battle, or every so many turns?

AoE specials require specific support to reasonably activate them, but now that they've been making units that can run them effectively, they're plenty good. Legendary Lilina even has a particularly low-cooldown personal one, with less damage but also less hoops to jump through to activate it otherwise.

7 hours ago, Florete said:

Eh, English one sounds better to me. "Passive-aggressively annoyed" doesn't sound like something that should ever describe Ashera.

As a character that is superior to you and knows it, I personally think it fits her pretty well. The line in Japanese gives off an "Eh? Really?" vibe combined with the image of a signature look of superiority.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

Maybe it's just the units I use, but that sounds like a hell of a lot of the cast.

Probably just the units you use, then. The full list of units that out-speed her naturally at capped Spd is:

Spoiler
  • Beorc:
    • Edward
    • Leonardo
    • Sothe
    • Zihark
    • Marcia
    • Heather
    • Lucia
    • Ike
    • Mia
    • Sigrun
    • Tanith
    • Stefan
    • Volke
    • Lehran (he as a Beorc class, so I'm counting him here)
  • Laguz:
    • Volug
    • Vika
    • Nailah
    • Nealuchi
    • Lethe
    • Ranulf
    • Lyre
    • Janaff
    • Ulki
    • Tibarn
    • Naesala
    • Caineghis
    • Giffca

That's 13 out of 47 Beorc units, 1 of which is a second-playthrough-only tome unit that can't do squat against her massive Res stat and 3 of which are dagger units, and 13 out of 22 Laguz units (counting all 3 Herons as 1 unit since you can't field more than 1 at a time), 9 of which require a consumable to remain permanently transformed.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Jotari

AoE Specials were made viable by the release of Special Spiral, and exclusive Special skills can be whatever the heck they want them to be, as Legendary Lilina's Gifted Magic skill is a low-cooldown AoE Special that lets her charge it for every round of combat even without Special Spiral.

Alternatively, they could have implemented something similar to Sinmara's "Threaten HP" effect.

That said, Ashera still has a lot of other gimmicks that they could have based an effect off of.

Something like the Aura mechanic where you had to kill her Auras before you could damage her could have been pretty interesting (and not broken at all, I swear):

Reduces damage from attacks during combat and from area-of-effect Specials (excluding Røkkr area-of-effect Specials) by percentage = number of allies within 2 spaces × 20 (max 60%).

After combat, deals damage to allies within 2 spaces = total damage reduced (by any source, including other skills) ÷ number of allies within 2 spaces.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Area of effect Specials are quite the opposite. They were not great at first, but they became viable by the end of 2018 when Lewyn brought Special Spiral to the table, Ophelia was released right after to maximize its potential, and Aether Raids showed the world how amazing/disgusting it could be. Along with other nightmare fuel, player ingenuity/asininity, and no restarts nor redos, Blazing Specials made Aether Raids the most frustrating mode for most players. If players thought Arena was bad, Aether Raids is like ten times worse.

Edited by XRay

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

As a character that is superior to you and knows it, I personally think it fits her pretty well. The line in Japanese gives off an "Eh? Really?" vibe combined with the image of a signature look of superiority.

Probably just the units you use, then. The full list of units that out-speed her naturally at capped Spd is:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Beorc:
    • Edward
    • Leonardo
    • Sothe
    • Zihark
    • Marcia
    • Heather
    • Lucia
    • Ike
    • Mia
    • Sigrun
    • Tanith
    • Stefan
    • Volke
  • Laguz:
    • Volug
    • Vika
    • Nailah
    • Nealuchi
    • Lethe
    • Ranulf
    • Lyre
    • Janaff
    • Ulki
    • Tibarn
    • Naesala
    • Caineghis
    • Giffca

That's 13 out of 47 Beorc units, 1 of which is a second-playthrough-only tome unit that can't do squat against her massive Res stat and 3 of which are dagger units, and 13 out of 22 Laguz units (counting all 3 Herons as 1 unit since you can't field more than 1 at a time), 9 of which require a consumable to remain permanently transformed.

@Jotari

AoE Specials were made viable by the release of Special Spiral, and exclusive Special skills can be whatever the heck they want them to be, as Legendary Lilina's Gifted Magic skill is a low-cooldown AoE Special that lets her charge it for every round of combat even without Special Spiral.

Alternatively, they could have implemented something similar to Sinmara's "Threaten HP" effect.

That said, Ashera still has a lot of other gimmicks that they could have based an effect off of.

Something like the Aura mechanic where you had to kill her Auras before you could damage her could have been pretty interesting (and not broken at all, I swear):

Reduces damage from attacks during combat and from area-of-effect Specials (excluding Røkkr area-of-effect Specials) by percentage = number of allies within 2 spaces × 20 (max 60%).

After combat, deals damage to allies within 2 spaces = total damage reduced (by any source, including other skills) ÷ number of allies within 2 spaces.

I wonder if they could have done something with granting Savior to a nearby ally, maybe involving a stat check.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

As a character that is superior to you and knows it, I personally think it fits her pretty well.

That's exactly why I think it doesn't fit her at all. Someone who is "superior to you and knows it" would be looking down on you like in the English line, not annoyed with you.

On 5/30/2021 at 5:36 AM, King Marth 64 said:

When I watched that Ashera trailer, I'm kinda surprised that they managed to add some unique attack animations for Ashera with showing the sky with the Order's Sentence coming down. I'm kinda wondered if the lower Mage tomes would remain the same without that Sky Animation on Ashera's attack animations when deselecting Order's Sentence?

Oh by the way, as I don't think this was answered, I've tested it and, rather sensibly, the super up animation is associated with the weapon and not Ashera herself.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Beorc:
    • Edward
    • Leonardo
    • Sothe
    • Zihark
    • Marcia
    • Heather
    • Lucia
    • Ike
    • Mia
    • Sigrun
    • Tanith
    • Stefan
    • Volke
  • Laguz:
    • Volug
    • Vika
    • Nailah
    • Nealuchi
    • Lethe
    • Ranulf
    • Lyre
    • Janaff
    • Ulki
    • Tibarn
    • Naesala
    • Caineghis
    • Giffca

@Jotari

Well as someone said there's also White Pool to factor in, but yeah, granted she is fast enough to be doubled by a large amount of the cast. Though on the other hand I wasn't really expecting many of the mages or armoured knights to double her. The only units not listed there that I'm generally surprised about are Elincia and the non Leo marksman. It also doesn't really help perception that the game throws the Laguz Royals at you who are all built to double her. I also find she goes down pretty quickly once you've removed her auras, as her lack of doubling ability means she's quite safe to player phase, so you can gang pile her on player phase (and then just hope Ike's rng doesn't fuck you over with him missing with Ragnel on the last hit where Urvan would have been able to do the job).

To get back on the original point though, I do find her slow enough in Radiant Dawn to justify a stat spread where speed is her dump stat and her having an irregularly high defense of a mage. Because despite what I said about her going down pretty quickly without the auras, her defense isn't really something to sneeze at. It's the same as the Black Knight's (though he has Alondite boosting his and her defense is significantly lower than Deghensea who's a statistical beast all around). The aura are also a contributing factor to her bulk that, for the functionality of the fight, making her less speedy and more tanky would suit Heroes as a design choice.

Edited by Jotari

Sigh. This banner is giving me Vietnam flashbacks of the Fjorm banner.

I've gotten zero copies of Ashera in the past 119 pulls, but in that same period, I've gotten 5 copies of Corrin and 4 copies of Claude. Pretty sure this banner hates me.

I wish Corrin had Joint Drive Spd instead of Joint Drive Atk.

Yeah. Fuck this banner. I think I'm done trying to +10 anyone for the foreseeable future. My luck was not quite as bad as on the Fjorm banner, but it wasn't that much better. Definitely over budget, meaning I'm going to be back to minimal spending mode for Nott and Palla. Boo.

Something like 650 pulls:

• 11 Ashera
  • 18 Claude
  • 19 Corrin
  • 6 Freyja
  • 1 Triandra
  • 5 Dedue
  • 1 Azura
  • 1 Peony
  • 1 Azel

And special 4-stars:

• 3 Amelia
  • 2 Takumi
  • 2 Brave Lyn
  • 1 Innes
  • 1 Genny
  • 1 Elise
  • 1 Maribelle
  • 1 Brave Ephraim
  • 1 Green Olwen
  • 1 Brave Lucina

The plus side is that I ended up with a 9.7% 5-star rate, which is well above average (~8.5%). The down side is that I ended up with a 1.7% Ashera rate, which is well below average (~2.8%).

Freyja is now +8 with a perfect nature. Triandra is now +1 with a perfect nature. Brave Lucina is finally +10. Green Olwen is +9. And I have a bajillion copies of Atk/Spd Catch and Joint Drive Atk now. And an extra Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah. Fuck this banner. I think I'm done trying to +10 anyone for the foreseeable future. My luck was not quite as bad as on the Fjorm banner, but it wasn't that much better. Definitely over budget, meaning I'm going to be back to minimal spending mode for Nott and Palla. Boo.

Something like 650 pulls:

• 11 Ashera
  • 18 Claude
  • 19 Corrin
  • 6 Freyja
  • 1 Triandra
  • 5 Dedue
  • 1 Azura
  • 1 Peony
  • 1 Azel

And special 4-stars:

• 3 Amelia
  • 2 Takumi
  • 2 Brave Lyn
  • 1 Innes
  • 1 Genny
  • 1 Elise
  • 1 Maribelle
  • 1 Brave Ephraim
  • 1 Green Olwen
  • 1 Brave Lucina

The plus side is that I ended up with a 9.7% 5-star rate, which is well above average (~8.5%). The down side is that I ended up with a 1.7% Ashera rate, which is well below average (~2.8%).

Freyja is now +8 with a perfect nature. Triandra is now +1 with a perfect nature. Brave Lucina is finally +10. Green Olwen is +9. And I have a bajillion copies of Atk/Spd Catch and Joint Drive Atk now. And an extra Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff.

Joint Drive Attack is a pretty useful skill to have a few spare copies of imo.