Chapter 5 Lunatic help

Hey guys. I could use some help. I am not sure if this is already a topic or not but I am having a hard time trying to recruit Rickard safely. I know that Barst can be easily recruited on the first turn. But yet the devs thought it would be funny to move Rickard 1 tile ahead so I can't get him on the first turn. I can't use up a rescue staff either because I also know that if I am in any one of Jeroge's men's range then I am screwed. Julian would somehow trigger the other Snipers at the northeast corner of the map where Jeorge is also.

Plus even if I try to corner Rickard somehow (which I am having trouble with thanks to the enemy Cavaliers), Dracoknights are right there to wreck me. I've tried promoting the avatar to a Dracoknight as well and I seemingly still run into issues with Rickard running to a spot where I don't want him to be. Plus I don't want to move my rescue staff user too far ahead so early because mages and cavaliers are there as well. I know that MU and Shida can one round them, Palla and Catria can double them (Catria with the rainbow potion) and Barst doesn't immediately die to one of the cavs. But even then I am stuck, if anyone can recommend me a party set up on getting Rickard easily enough then that would be appreciated. My MU is currently a cavalier who started as a knight so I can work on his lance and later on his axe rank (though I did give him an arms scroll for him to wield hand axes already).

This is the best way to safely recruit everyone. The only reason to recruit him in 5 is for the chapter 5 secret shop, but it only sells master seals, which aren't worth spending early game money on.

I know I was able to save Rickard on reverse lunatic, but I remember my life being much, much harder. Rickard can run into the corner of the mountain on turn 2 out of the snipers range, where you can corner him with 2 units, but doing so without getting killed by the cavs and trying to catch the theif running away just ismt worth it. Honestly, I don't know why I tried recruiting him that chapter. I think him running into the corner naturally made it harder to run through the mountains for the cavs, but that only made the option to kill him more enticing. So yes. Take Kadath's advice and just let him leave.

@Eltosian KadathHe’ll still have the VIP card by chapter 6 correct? Because if so then that would make chapter 5 way easier for me to handle because then all I would have to do is kill the enemy thief that has a master seal already and then I could retrieve the VIP card later on. 

@Shaky JonesYes I do remember the secret shop only having 1 master seal available. This would save me 2,500 gold pieces actually and I suppose I’ll run into more master seals later on.

Anyways, I’ll give just letting him run away a try. Thank you both for the response.