Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes!

Well, March is officially over, which means the "leak" from February is officially false. I had given up on it by Wednesday (although I always knew there was a high chance it'd be wrong and grew more certain of that as the weeks passed), but I wanted to give it the full month in order to be proven false, just to be on the safe side. I personally have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, I was really excited for 11 new characters and all previously playable character + major NPCs to return and be playable. However, I wasn't as excited for FE 6/7 to be the next remake in line. Yes, I want that to happen, but I'd rather have a Genealogy remake first if possible. 

Sadly, the rumor mill has downgraded significantly, as all we've had recently are some tweets made yesterday by SamusHunter2. Now, SH2 is a known fraud, but since we have nothing else to go off of at this time (Lord willing we'll get a trailer either today or next week though) I though we could break it down tweet by tweet just to shoot the breeze. 

https://twitter.com/SamusHunter2/status/1509553974327877638

More Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes news and video are coming in April. More informations on the Lords Trio (Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude) and new characters announced. The gameplay will be more similar to the first FE Warriors with more RPG and Strategic elements then HWAoC.

April is an easy bet. There's no major release, the game is two months out from release, and it's the start of a new fiscal year in Japan. Besides, if it's wrong, they can just claim things got "pushed back" to May. 

More information on the Lords Trio is a pretty easy bet also, although one I'd question - unless the information gets into new route details, then we should have everythng we need on the lords. The new character stuff is more interesting, but also a given since we don't even know Purple-Hair's name yet. 

I can't speak for it being more strategy than Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, but it being similar to FEW fits both with the game and the franchise. These all feel like "no crap, Sherlock!" stuff. 

-Since the start of the game you'll find key difference in the story, that's why Byleth ends up with all three Lords.

-The monastery is a bit different.

-You can still teach and talk to the students.

-Supports and Pair Up Mechanics will be back.

-Battalions are part of the game.

The Key difference having Byleth end up with all three lords also makes sense, so it doesn't feel like a leak but rather a logical prediction. 

The monastery bying different is an interesting tidbit, but again it's so vague that anything new can be read as being "different"

The teaching thing is legitimately interesting. I'm not sure how weapon level ups worked in the first FEW, assuming it was even a thing. If it was, maybe they're combining it with teaching?

Supports and Pair Ups weren't really in any down. 

Battalions being a part of the game makes sense given the NPCs behind Claude we saw, as well as the specials. We'll have to see it in more action though. 

-Moveset of the characters is mostly tied with their class, but some of them have a unique class and the majority action to differentiates the style.

-Level Up, Skills, Crest and Weapons system and effects will be pretty much on par with Three House system.

Moveset of characters being tied with class isn't unexpected at all, and some having a unique class probably just means the Lord Trio and Byleth for now. 

Everything else working the same as Three Houses both makes sense but also causes some doubt in me. I don't think we'll have Sword Avoid+20 and other skills like that in the game, but I could be wrong. 

-Between each story chapter you can take on activity, side quest and battle similar to the one presents in Three House, to get rare items and Weapons. For example a Battle that granted a unique weapon in Three Houses could have a very similar quest in Three Hopes.

This is good to see returning and it makes sense if the core gameplay mechanics like teaching and exploring the monastery are back. I'm not sure I'd want to see the same paralogues and side-quests from Three Houses show up here, but I'm willing to see how, why, and what they do with it before judging too much. Assuming this is true. 

Overall, we've got a bunch of vague promises and logical assumptions from a known grifter and fraud - things that it doesn't take a genius or a true leaker to figure out, and things we've talked about on this very forum. So, I'm calling shenanigans on this one, not because it's wrong, but because it feels too easy to get right. 

Here's to hoping we get some real Fire Emblem news soon, be it Three Hopes, a new mainline game, or a remake.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Well, March is officially over, which means the "leak" from February is officially false. I had given up on it by Wednesday (although I always knew there was a high chance it'd be wrong and grew more certain of that as the weeks passed), but I wanted to give it the full month in order to be proven false, just to be on the safe side. I personally have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, I was really excited for 11 new characters and all previously playable character + major NPCs to return and be playable. However, I wasn't as excited for FE 6/7 to be the next remake in line. Yes, I want that to happen, but I'd rather have a Genealogy remake first if possible. 

Sadly, the rumor mill has downgraded significantly, as all we've had recently are some tweets made yesterday by SamusHunter2. Now, SH2 is a known fraud, but since we have nothing else to go off of at this time (Lord willing we'll get a trailer either today or next week though) I though we could break it down tweet by tweet just to shoot the breeze. 

https://twitter.com/SamusHunter2/status/1509553974327877638

April is an easy bet. There's no major release, the game is two months out from release, and it's the start of a new fiscal year in Japan. Besides, if it's wrong, they can just claim things got "pushed back" to May. 

More information on the Lords Trio is a pretty easy bet also, although one I'd question - unless the information gets into new route details, then we should have everythng we need on the lords. The new character stuff is more interesting, but also a given since we don't even know Purple-Hair's name yet. 

I can't speak for it being more strategy than Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, but it being similar to FEW fits both with the game and the franchise. These all feel like "no crap, Sherlock!" stuff. 

The Key difference having Byleth end up with all three lords also makes sense, so it doesn't feel like a leak but rather a logical prediction. 

The monastery bying different is an interesting tidbit, but again it's so vague that anything new can be read as being "different"

The teaching thing is legitimately interesting. I'm not sure how weapon level ups worked in the first FEW, assuming it was even a thing. If it was, maybe they're combining it with teaching?

Supports and Pair Ups weren't really in any down. 

Battalions being a part of the game makes sense given the NPCs behind Claude we saw, as well as the specials. We'll have to see it in more action though. 

Moveset of characters being tied with class isn't unexpected at all, and some having a unique class probably just means the Lord Trio and Byleth for now. 

Everything else working the same as Three Houses both makes sense but also causes some doubt in me. I don't think we'll have Sword Avoid+20 and other skills like that in the game, but I could be wrong. 

This is good to see returning and it makes sense if the core gameplay mechanics like teaching and exploring the monastery are back. I'm not sure I'd want to see the same paralogues and side-quests from Three Houses show up here, but I'm willing to see how, why, and what they do with it before judging too much. Assuming this is true. 

Overall, we've got a bunch of vague promises and logical assumptions from a known grifter and fraud - things that it doesn't take a genius or a true leaker to figure out, and things we've talked about on this very forum. So, I'm calling shenanigans on this one, not because it's wrong, but because it feels too easy to get right. 

Here's to hoping we get some real Fire Emblem news soon, be it Three Hopes, a new mainline game, or a remake.

Thanks for the insights. I don't think Samus Hunter is a total fraud necessarily, as every leaker is going to have a mixed track record (and if they don't - they won't be leaking for long). At least not to the degree that I won't discuss them.

You brought up some points I can enlighten you on.

Weapon ranks - FEW skills and weapon ranks were all Crests, which you spent resources to unlock. They'd give that character the ability to wield the bronze, iron, steel, silver, brave, and hero weapons, and eventually improve their Prf weapon, which every character had. FEW3H potentially offering class swaps complicates things, and may have weapon ranks work more like regular FE.

More strategic elements than AoC is a given. FEW is a bit more strategic than other Musou games. The weapon triangle matters. Allies are useful. Maps are designed as such that you'll frequently be pressured in multiple areas at once, so who you send where and what objectives you prioritize matter. It's my favorite part of FEW.

Skills that effect the weapon triangle could improve the benefits against other weapon types. In FEW, this took the form of a Break Gauge, which was easier to trigger and more effective with WTA, and much harder to trigger with WTD. Adding bonus damage against or reduced damage from certain weapon types is a good replacement for those skills.

30 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

You brought up some points I can enlighten you on.

Weapon ranks - FEW skills and weapon ranks were all Crests, which you spent resources to unlock. They'd give that character the ability to wield the bronze, iron, steel, silver, brave, and hero weapons, and eventually improve their Prf weapon, which every character had. FEW3H potentially offering class swaps complicates things, and may have weapon ranks work more like regular FE.

More strategic elements than AoC is a given. FEW is a bit more strategic than other Musou games. The weapon triangle matters. Allies are useful. Maps are designed as such that you'll frequently be pressured in multiple areas at once, so who you send where and what objectives you prioritize matter. It's my favorite part of FEW.

Skills that effect the weapon triangle could improve the benefits against other weapon types. In FEW, this took the form of a Break Gauge, which was easier to trigger and more effective with WTA, and much harder to trigger with WTD. Adding bonus damage against or reduced damage from certain weapon types is a good replacement for those skills.

Sweet! Thanks for all of the info! It really helps a lot!

30 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Thanks for the insights. I don't think Samus Hunter is a total fraud necessarily, as every leaker is going to have a mixed track record (and if they don't - they won't be leaking for long). At least not to the degree that I won't discuss them.

That's a good point. I put Samus Hunter and Markomaro in the "even a broken clock is right twice a day" category. They've gotten some things right and a lot of things wrong. To me, that means that they can be examined but not necessarily trusted. Samus Hunter's comments yesterday make me even more skeptical, since, as I said, it doesn't take a leaker for all of this. 

30 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Sweet! Thanks for all of the info! It really helps a lot!

That's a good point. I put Samus Hunter and Markomaro in the "even a broken clock is right twice a day" category. They've gotten some things right and a lot of things wrong. To me, that means that they can be examined but not necessarily trusted. Samus Hunter's comments yesterday make me even more skeptical, since, as I said, it doesn't take a leaker for all of this. 

There are more risky shots here than you're giving her credit for. Like, yes, a lot of this does sound like logical extrapolation, but it's also a lot that doesn't work like FEW1, and are concrete things that she can be called out on if wrong. I'd certainly give this more credence than the March dream leak, which just straight up sounded like a wishlist with some fanfiction to give it credibility.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

5 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

There are more risky shots here than you're giving her credit for.

Possibly, but she's been apparently proven wrong on so many counts that I can't give her more credit than what we've speculated as a community. 

Reddit had an ongoing list of all of the leaks she got wrong or stole from others. Granted, they don't list the things she was able to get right, and I'll be the first to admit that the GamingLeaksandRumors Subreddit is full of cynical jerks, but their sources at times are very valid. And that's not even going into the time Jon Cartwright (who was working at Nintendo Life at the time) straight up proved her wrong. (Not pictured, SH2 proceeding to block Jon from her Twitter.)

10 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

yes, a lot of this does sound like logical extrapolation, but it's also a lot that doesn't work like FEW1

But that still doesn't take too big of a leap IMO. FEW1 was five years ago, and Three Hopes is probably going to use the same assets as Three Houses. Combine that with telling a similar story, and it makes sense at least to me that they'd combine gameplay aspects of both - combine the core gameplay of Warriors with the mechanics introduced in Three Houses. 

12 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

concrete things that she can be called out on if wrong

Far too few, with vague enough language that any change can be seen as verifying the prediction one way or another. 

14 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'd certainly give this more credence than the March dream leak, which just straight up sounded like a wishlist with some fanfiction to give it credibility.

Ha, I won't deny that the March "leak" sounded like a wishlist. But it also provided details about characters, classes, and gameplay mechanics as well as some information about the main villain that did have some basis of evidence relating back to Sothis. There was more substance there than what's here, and someone with no history has a 50/50 shot at being right, as opposed to someone whose history can be traced back and verified. 

All of this is to say, I'm not saying that SamusHunter2 is wrong, simply that I don't find their information or prediction detailed or specific enough to be considered worthy of too much attention, given their spotty track record. 

I find any leaks for this game irresistible. Because the thing is.... Warriors games don't leak. Like, ever. Not because Koei is some rocksolid leakproof studio, but because these aren't the kinds of games that leakers even care to reach out to sources for. They just aren't big ticket games that draw tons of attention.

Battalions are part of the game...Like, wow, what a shocker.

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I find any leaks for this game irresistible. Because the thing is.... Warriors games don't leak. Like, ever. Not because Koei is some rocksolid leakproof studio, but because these aren't the kinds of games that leakers even care to reach out to sources for. They just aren't big ticket games that draw tons of attention.

Did AoC leak at all? I wasn't paying much attention so I wouldn't have known.

5 minutes ago, Florete said:

Battalions are part of the game...Like, wow, what a shocker.

Did AoC leak at all? I wasn't paying much attention so I wouldn't have known.

As far as I'm aware, there was a leak right before of "an unannounced Zelda project," but the specifics did not.

A content leak didn't happen until datamining of demo files happened.

Hey all,

First post here - there's been a discovery of a few interesting photos on the Amazon.co.jp listing of the game... (someone already beat me to it, oops)

Spoiler

61Oxz0fNi+L._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Seems to confirm Mercie and the purple hair OC in a playable capacity (see below), and meal times.

61WvIOKKMDL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

There's a fair bit to unpack here:

- purple hair OC is playable, and seems to be an Assassin if I recall my generic units sprites correctly. Not sure what the battle forecast is supposed to convey as this doesn't correlate cleanly with anything from FEW1 that I can remember

- Axebreaker 2 as a skill. I can't tell if the targeted Fighter also has a skill (see the icon next to Attack)

- A bunch of other allied units that... don't appear to be characters we can recognise - are they generics? At least they're likely the mission objective to be defended from the enemy Fighters. Classes seem to be Warlock, Warrior, Bishop (??), Archer

- breakable pots in three colours (similar to HW in terms of what they'd yield for the musou / other special / health bars?) and outposts (already confirmed from previous images of the battle screen)

61Wey7IuQEL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

This doesn't seem to add much more beyond the previous Sortie Map images we've already seen.

Edited by tipperthescales

So, it's been pointed out to me that the screenshots actually take place from Purple Hairs perspective. As in he isn't just playable. He's a protagonist.

So here's my wild speculation. Purple hair is an antagonist who becomes a mid-story protagonist, temporarily taking Byleth's place while they are comatose.

I think this kind of explains why they are going with Female Byleth if the Purple haired dude is also a protagonist. I wonder if this means there will be an unlockable male Byleth or female version of the purple oc like Corrin or Robin in the original warriors where the other genders were unlockable later on.

Edited by vikingsfan92

13 minutes ago, Florete said:

Crack idea: Purple Hair is actually the male avatar of the next mainline FE title.

Purple hair is actually Rowan. After 4 years of people calling him out for his stupid Goku hair, he dyed it and went through an emo phase.