Looking for volunteers for FE Warriors Three Hopes section

UpdateLink to wiki section

Update 2: Text dump

Hey all!

Oh, before I begin. Uhhhh, so it's been like 2 years since I've been here. I honestly dunno if anyone remembers or knows me. Also, I'm extremely sorry if I missed anybody's messages. I don't want to go into details right now, but it's my problem, not anybody else's.

Anyway, onto the main point... As many of you know, Three Hopes is launching next week. So far, there isn't a section for the game on our website, but I'm hoping to fix that.

Due to various circumstances, I probably won't be able to contribute that much although, knowing me, I might end up doing so anyway. I'll try and pitch in with various data tables (I've gained a bunch of experience via data-mining the demo), but for the most part, I'll need a lot of help with things.

Similar to the first FE Warriors, I'm thinking we'll use SF's wiki.

Adding content to the wiki is pretty straightforward, even if you've never used a wiki before. If you can work your way around these forums, you likely have most of the required skills already. That said, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any of the other helpers.

----------------------

Here's some of the specific stuff I need help with:

1. People to help format and add the various support conversations from the game (I imagine these will be popular).

I can help by providing text dumps from the game. These will need editing to remove text codes and stuff (but should be fairly minimal IIRC). Also, the speakers aren't specified, so you'll need to manually assign the dialogue for each character.

It's probably best if you edit the text dump while reviewing the conversation in the game, unless you're a master detective!

I can also post text dumps of the supports from the demo if you want a head-start.

2. This is a huuuuge ask, but if anybody wants to lead or co-lead this project. let me know.

Truthfully, I don't think there's much benefit to you, but could be good experience/practice, maybe? Since it's still a volunteering role, I wouldn't ask for much. It'd be cool if you could help answer questions and support the other helpers when I'm not around. Otherwise, I'll take what I can get, ahaha.

----------------------

If you're interested in helping, please post here. Likewise if you have any general questions or suggestions.

I'll post some more instructions later on. Otherwise, thanks for looking~

Update: Quick beginner's guide.

Creating a SF Wiki Account

Currently, user sign ups are disabled on the wiki, as a strict measure to stop bots vandalising the wiki (which has happened in the past).

To sign up, simply post here to register your interest and I'll send you a PM. Alternatively, you can PM me with your desired username on the wiki.

Beginner's Guide to Editing Wikis

Note 1: You can also check out the Help section on Mediawiki.

Note 2: The | symbol is the one to the left of Z on a QWERTY keyboard (you need to press Shift as well).

1. Editing pages

You can edit existing pages by going to the page and clicking the "edit" tab along the very top of the page. Likewise, you can create or view discussions, check the page history, etc.

When editing a page, you should find the editor similar to the one you use for posting on forums, but a bit more simpler. You can use the buttons to bold text, add links etc. or you can manually add formatting yourself.

Before you become accustomed, you can refer to this cheat sheet for commonly used formatting codes.

2. Creating and linking to pages

If you want to create a new page, the best way is to edit an existing page that will link to the new page and create an "empty" or "tentative" link to the new page.

Green links are pages that exist, while red links are pages that don't exist. Clicking a red link will allow you to create that page.

You create links by placing [[ and ]] between the name of the page. For example [[Ferdinand]] if you want to create a link to a new page called "Ferdinand".

Sometimes, the name of the page doesn't really suit as a link (or vice versa) or is ambiguous, in which case you can add | after the name of the page and put the text you want for the link after it. Eg. [[Ferdinand (Three Hopes)|Ferdinand von Aegir!]] will create a link to "Ferdinand (Three Hopes)" and the link will say "Ferdinand von Aegir!".

3. Managing Tables

Tables can be tricky beasts at first, but easy to tame once you get the hang of them.

A typical table may be coded like this:

{ |
! Header 1
! Header 2
! Header 3
|-
| A
| B
| C
|-
| D
| E
| F
| }

Which looks like this:

Header 1 Header 2 Header 3
A        B        C
D        E        F

To start a table, use { |. To end it, use | }

Each time you use |, you will create a new column. Meanwhile, using |- starts a new row. Using ! is similar to |, but treats it as a header.

If you want more columns, simply add more |. Likewise, if you want another row, add another |-.

You can also add formatting to tables. By default, you should always start a table with

{|class="sf"

This tells the wiki to use the SF style for tables, which adds green colours for the headers etc.

Often, you may want the table or columns to have specific widths. Simply add width="N px" or wdith="N%" either after class="sf" or before the column content. For the latter, you'll need to use | as a separator. Eg.

!width="25%"|Column name

Additionally, sometimes you may want to collapse multiple rows or columns into one. In these cases, you can add

colspan="N"

OR

rowspan="N"

before the content in a row or column to make that row or column occupy N rows or columns. Similarly, you need to add a | as a separator. Note that if you occupy multiple rows or columns, you'll have to remove the "absorbed" rows or columns as well. Eg.

!colspan="2"|Column 1 (occupies 2 columns)
!Column 2
!Column 3
|-
|Content in column 1 (A)
|Content in column 1 (B)
|Content in column 2
|Content in column 3

You can also create tables using HTML, but by omitting the tbody tags. Feel free to do this if you're struggling. HTML tables are a bit messier than the wiki ones, but so long as they work...

4. Other things

If in doubt, press "Show Preview" to check what your page looks like with your current edits.

Finally, if you're really unsure about something, just ask in this topic!

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

If you're interested in helping, please post here. Likewise if you have any general questions or suggestions.

I'll post some more instructions later on. Otherwise, thanks for looking~

Well, I helped out with the previous Fire Emblem Warriors title, I wouldn't mind doing it again here.

I should note that I haven't been involved with the datamine, though, so any contributions I make are liable to just be me jotting things down as I play through the game myself.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Well, I helped out with the previous Fire Emblem Warriors title, I wouldn't mind doing it again here.

I should note that I haven't been involved with the datamine, though, so any contributions I make are liable to just be me jotting things down as I play through the game myself.

Cool, it'll be great to have your help again. Thanks for your work before as well ^^

Do you happen to know your log-in details for the wiki?

Probably mentioned it last time, but IIRC the wiki is bugged and won't send password reset e-mails, so there's no way to recover accounts (but I can make new ones for people who've lost theirs).

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Cool, it'll be great to have your help again. Thanks for your work before as well ^^

Do you happen to know your log-in details for the wiki?

Probably mentioned it last time, but IIRC the wiki is bugged and won't send password reset e-mails, so there's no way to recover accounts (but I can make new ones for people who've lost theirs).

I do, yes.

My copy is pre-ordered and I'll pick it up next Friday, though I might not be able to play it (or document things) right away.

Edited by Anomalocaris

I made a few contributions to the previous FE Warriors (similar to how Anomalocaris jot down notes) with supports as a mechanic and since I am picking up this game, I'd also don't mind chipping in info where I can. But I don't remember my log in info to the wiki at all. 

My upcoming days off are when I'm going to try out the demo and from there, I'll figure out what players who like FE games would like to know and how we can really fill up the page for it here on SF. I'm sad to this day we still haven't filled out 3 Houses quests tab, paralogues, and more. I don't like fandom's user interface much but they got good data so I gotta go there when looking for stuff. Hopefully we can make a more comprehensive page than them. This UI looks so much more pleasant. I'll try to submit what I can, when I can. 

Also I remember you. Glad to see ya back.

Edited by Tediz64

10 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I do, yes.

My copy is pre-ordered and I'll pick it up next Friday, though I might not be able to play it (or document things) right away.

Gotcha. No rush at all ^^

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Who are you again?

I can help, I still have my wiki account from last time. I'll probably play Golden Wildfire first if that helps with anything.

Awesome. As it happens, (as much as I'd like to) I'll probably be playing a route that isn't Golden Wildfire.

2 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

I made a few contributions to the previous FE Warriors (similar to how Anomalocaris jot down notes) with supports as a mechanic and since I am picking up this game, I'd also don't mind chipping in info where I can. But I don't remember my log in info to the wiki at all. 

My upcoming days off are when I'm going to try out the demo and from there, I'll figure out what players who like FE games would like to know and how we can really fill up the page for it here on SF. I'm sad to this day we still haven't filled out 3 Houses quests tab, paralogues, and more. I don't like fandom's user interface much but they got good data so I gotta go there when looking for stuff. Hopefully we can make a more comprehensive page than them. This UI looks so much more pleasant. I'll try to submit what I can, when I can. 

Also I remember you. Glad to see ya back.

Sounds great. Oh, do you still know your wiki log-in details?

Ahaha, I'd love to fill them out too. Actually, if it's not too late, I might open up those pages to the wiki and let other people take a stab at them.

Part of the reason I was absent for so long is because I got burned out by Three Houses. I was dumb and took on too much work by myself, similar to FE Fates.

4 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Sounds great. Oh, do you still know your wiki log-in details?

Ahaha, I'd love to fill them out too. Actually, if it's not too late, I might open up those pages to the wiki and let other people take a stab at them.

Part of the reason I was absent for so long is because I got burned out by Three Houses. I was dumb and took on too much work by myself, similar to FE Fates.

No. I think most of my submissions were here in these forums. I tried checking my laptop where I have all my documents saved back when I was doing research on FE:W  but when I clicked login it didn't auot fill them. I may have not created a login but just contributed by posting here.

Well I got lots of notes written down regarding FE3H. Such as how many Sundays you get, how many lessons you can teach, and how many certifications you can do per month on Chapters 1 thru 11, notes on all the in-game events such as fishing events or garden stuff and what dates they are. I got written down the chapters or points in game were certain services become available. I nailed down the info on how much exp students get when tutoring on normal/hard as well if the result is good, great, perfect (including the chores you can assign to two students and if the result is a good, great, perfect) plus their exp gains on their weekly goals for Saturday if they have two/one and if it is boon, base, or bane. I tend to do stuff like this for games I get absorbed into.

I totally get ya. I too have experienced burn out when it comes to games. I did so much research and compiled almost 300 hours worth of mapping pokemon and locations, spawn rates for Legends of Arceus but then one day, felt it hit me. Since then I've never turned the game on and left it indefinitely on hiatus. I was working hard to create a good guide but just became weary and fatigued. I did FE:W the same but at least for that game, I came back to it after I think maybe 3 or 4 years. It was like 8 months ago I picked it up again and clocked another hundred or so hours on. 

But for this upcoming title, it looks promising and I intend to not just grab info for others players, but play it in spurts. Maybe like 10 hours every other day if my schedule permits. That way I don't get burnt out. Cause between now and November (for scarlet/violet) I got no other plans to buy any new games and all my time is usually on these two franchise and the occasional rpg that catches my fancy. 

I don't care for the title of lead or co-lead, but if any questions pop up for the game, and you want a person to go grind out experiments, you can ask me. I'll try to think of what others might be curious about or ask and then get concrete info on it then submit it here on these forums. I think it'd be funny if this site could literally grab all of google's queries instead of gamefaqs or fandom when it comes to people fielding questions for the game. 

Edited by Tediz64

@Tediz64

OK, if you don't have a log-in and want one (even just in case), I can send you details tomorrow or something.

Oh nice, that sounds like a pretty useful compilation of notes.

Wow, 300 hours of Arceus is a lot, but it makes sense since it's quite an in-depth game when you dig deep into it. Funnily enough, I worked on some guides for Arceus, but nothing too time-consuming IIRC.

Gotcha. Good pacing is definitely key. I'll be focusing on Three Hopes in my spare time, but I've got Xenoblade 3 to look forward to next month. So it'll be a tight squeeze, especially with work and stuff.

Cool, I appreciate the help! Yeah, it'd be great if we could build one of the best resources.

I have a pretty good feeling, thanks to how the demo data-mining went. Although, with regards to the data-mine, there's still lots of data I can't locate due to the limited scope of the demo (and KT's awful file system).

I'd be interested to assist, though IRL commitments would probably limit me to an advisory or suggestions role here.

Don't have a login, and no prior experience with Serenes wiki stuff specifically, but a wiki is a wiki in terms of navigating it. :Lilina:

I think it'd be good to set up the intro page at least and start chipping in things gradually. Major things to consider off the top of my head:
- with a few exceptions, I think movesets should be in class groups (especially those in a progression tree). As a result I'd be thinking characters should probably be bundled by affiliation (e.g. Eagles, Lions, Deer) with maybe the lords/Shez on their own page perhaps?
- do we want GIFs or screenshots of a moveset in action? Ditto action abilities?
- a lot of the deeper nuances with 3H specific mechanic carryovers may need to have their organisation structured similarly to the site's 3H section.
- it's important that we do cater this with a more FE directed approach as opposed to a Musou approach given that we're probably going to expect the majority of people coming across from 3H.

(Also, welcome back!)

57 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

I'd be interested to assist, though IRL commitments would probably limit me to an advisory or suggestions role here.

Don't have a login, and no prior experience with Serenes wiki stuff specifically, but a wiki is a wiki in terms of navigating it. :Lilina:

I think it'd be good to set up the intro page at least and start chipping in things gradually. Major things to consider off the top of my head:
- with a few exceptions, I think movesets should be in class groups (especially those in a progression tree). As a result I'd be thinking characters should probably be bundled by affiliation (e.g. Eagles, Lions, Deer) with maybe the lords/Shez on their own page perhaps?
- do we want GIFs or screenshots of a moveset in action? Ditto action abilities?
- a lot of the deeper nuances with 3H specific mechanic carryovers may need to have their organisation structured similarly to the site's 3H section.
- it's important that we do cater this with a more FE directed approach as opposed to a Musou approach given that we're probably going to expect the majority of people coming across from 3H.

(Also, welcome back!)

Sure, I'd appreciate any help I can get. So if anyone else is reading and worried they might only contribute one page or, heck, even one line, that's fine by me ^^

I'll hook you up with a log-in tomorrow.

Suggestions all sound good to me. For gifs/screenshots, I think something that shows the motions would be ideal (so gif or video). I'll need to double check if the wiki supports gifs though. I have a capture device so I could probably record some movesets, although I kinda suck at Musou gameplay. Maybe I could pester Jedi to help.

Just now, Armchair General said:

I might help with the moveset, but I'm not in a position to be sharing screenshots from my Switch. Plus, I'm not entirely sure exactly if I will get this when it launches.

Just descriptions/explanations will be plenty to get started. Some of us can always add media/screenshots later.

Feel free to @ me whenever you get the game and you're ready ^^

Thanks for all the hard work with the datamining. (Deathchaos has mentioned that Koei games are a pain to datamine thanks to their files generally being all in one big file...I know this cause they still do it even for PC versions) Also this is something I noticed, but when you talk to Hubert after beating Chapter 1's battle, if you talk to Edelgard first and check his profile, you get a extra dialogue option that only appears IF you do so (It's also the option that gets you Support points) so there is likely a flag for that. I wonder if there are any other flags like that in the data.

15 hours ago, Moondrag said:

Thanks for all the hard work with the datamining. (Deathchaos has mentioned that Koei games are a pain to datamine thanks to their files generally being all in one big file...I know this cause they still do it even for PC versions) Also this is something I noticed, but when you talk to Hubert after beating Chapter 1's battle, if you talk to Edelgard first and check his profile, you get a extra dialogue option that only appears IF you do so (It's also the option that gets you Support points) so there is likely a flag for that. I wonder if there are any other flags like that in the data.

Ooh, interesting.

Yeah, there should be stuff like that. If this was a IntSys developed game, it'd be waaay easier to find them (probably in a script file somewhere). Here, I don't think I'll bother trying. Even finding "easy" stuff can take a while (or not happen).

Oh, it's not that everything is in one big file, but there are hundreds of thousands of largely unnamed files. Even narrowing down the data files, there's around a thousand of those. These files typically have nothing to identify their contents either, unlike the various labels (like PID) that IntSys use.

Edited by VincentASM

16 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

Would we be using this topic for wiki discussion that isn't already in Talk pages there?

And yeah with how 3H's files were also really all over the place, it's a massive headache to comb through everything.

Hmm, either way works.

IIRC, in the past, the forum topic got the most mileage.

Minor comment on the full game datamine Google spreadsheet, Constance and Balthus appear to be swapped in position in the files used to generate Char. Stats II. Which is not to say that Balthus could not make the Gremory feather boa work, but I don't think he gets one in this game. 😛

Hey there. I know I'm a tad late to the party (depression, yea!) but if there's anything I can do to help, I'd be game. I was actually coming on to see if there was a text/script dump for the game already or should I start writing down main script dialogue/choices down. I used to do that for older GBA games and such, though I have not done so in while. Still, having something to do would be nice for a change. I don't 'think' I have wiki details, but it's been so long I might. I'll look into it, but assume no for now lol. 

1 hour ago, Ranadiel said:

Minor comment on the full game datamine Google spreadsheet, Constance and Balthus appear to be swapped in position in the files used to generate Char. Stats II. Which is not to say that Balthus could not make the Gremory feather boa work, but I don't think he gets one in this game. 😛

Thanks. It's a minor quirk that I keep forgetting to check.

8 minutes ago, bookwormbabe29 said:

Hey there. I know I'm a tad late to the party (depression, yea!) but if there's anything I can do to help, I'd be game. I was actually coming on to see if there was a text/script dump for the game already or should I start writing down main script dialogue/choices down. I used to do that for older GBA games and such, though I have not done so in while. Still, having something to do would be nice for a change. I don't 'think' I have wiki details, but it's been so long I might. I'll look into it, but assume no for now lol. 

There is a script dump, but it needs formatting and the speakers added.

If you're curious, I've zipped all the files here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15UvEGUWa-up4r1APVkaYBd0CdqJEWA1J/view?usp=sharing

I'd like to help out if I can, though my time is a bit limited.

Do we know if the gifting mechanics are the same as the previous game? So far it seems that way, so maybe just bringing that info over to start would help?

Or maybe starting with a page dedicated to the class tree, since that's straightforward enough...

I'm sure the datamine has stuff to go off of but I haven't looked at it yet.

45 minutes ago, yaycupcake said:

Do we know if the gifting mechanics are the same as the previous game? So far it seems that way, so maybe just bringing that info over to start would help?

Or maybe starting with a page dedicated to the class tree, since that's straightforward enough...

I'll probably make the front page's Classes section look something like the game's class tree at some point, but time is as always the kicker.

10 hours ago, bookwormbabe29 said:

Thanks @VincentASM 

I've only started to look over them, the first ten pages, and I haven't even found the dialogue yet. I did see something that looks like achievements though, on page 8. Are those in the game? I'll keeping looking, see what else I find.

Yeah, the achievements are in the game ^^

No rush, there are LOTS of the text files, haha.

I think story dialogue starts from 100 or so.

1 hour ago, yaycupcake said:

No worries. Same here, really.

Hmm, I imagine it's the same. I don't have the gift info data-mined yet (I have found something similar, but dunno what it is atm). But could probably find it with a few samples.

50 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

I'll probably make the front page's Classes section look something like the game's class tree at some point, but time is as always the kicker.

Yup, that would be ideal, but perhaps too time-consuming like you said.

So long as there's at least *something* there, it should be fine ^^