VGM you'd like to hear in concert.

Agro

As the title says, what video game music would you like to hear in a concert? Pick your top three songs you'd like.

There's a hell of alot I'd like to hear, so I won't bother listing it, but how about you? What would you want?

I ask this because there's an upcoming "proejct" of sorts I'm organising with someone that may well be going underway sometime soon. As such, I'd like to hear what the general public wants.

Are you doing this for a college? If so, give us a video or something!

My list:

3. Main Theme of Final Fantasy IV - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKqFz5IZSvM

2. The Best Is Yet to Come - Metal Gear Solid 1 -

1. Final Fantasy Main Theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQwAxMiKHPo

I was thinking about Fire Emblem, but not that much people know of the series outside Melee or Brawl.

Edited by Brown Fox of Earth

There's already a five-CD concert album with a bunch of Famicom/Super Famicom music done by an orchestra.

As for what I prefer, there's just too many great pieces to pick only three. At least one of them needs to have strings as the main instrument, though, if I were to prefer anything. I guess one of them would be Conversation 1 from Seisen (FE4). It has a good flow to it, and can easily develop into larger venues~

It's going to be impossible to choose a top 3 because I love video game music so much that a ton of themes are constantly fighting for my top 3 (it changes so fast it's not funny).

Like I did in the Favourite 3 games ever topic, list your current top 3, and your other favourites you remember underneath. It''s better for people to know something of what you like than nothing at all.

I have 4 video game songs on my ipod and they aren't like so so good, imo anime and main stream music is better

Together we ride

Power hungry fool

With us

MGS4 Brawl

I quite like Calling To The Night. It's in Brawl. It's from MGS: Portable Ops for PSP, I believe. The singer of that song is Natasha Farrow.

Well, I've already heard GONG, SKILL, and ROCKS from the Super Robot Wars series live in concert by JAM Project. But as for other stuff live, I would want to hear a lot of the Final Fantasy Tactics music played by a live orchestra. The music is absolutely brilliant and is definitely one of the better soundtracks out there.

I have 4 video game songs on my ipod and they aren't like so so good, imo anime and main stream music is better

I had no problem with your opinion on anime music being better, but saying mainstream music is better than game music?? I'm sorry, but you just lost some cool points from me. Mainstream music is garbage that morons think it's "OMGZ BEST MUSIC EVAR!!!111!!! SCREW YOU HATERS!!1" I regretted ever listening to it. Listen to some underground music; it's easily better than that mainstream crap.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

I had no problem with your opinion on anime music being better, but saying mainstream music is better than game music?? I'm sorry, but you just lost some cool points from me. Mainstream music is garbage that morons think it's "OMGZ BEST MUSIC EVAR!!!111!!! SCREW YOU HATERS!!1" I regretted ever listening to it. Listen to some underground music; it's easily better than that mainstream crap.

When you listen to Jazz you think differently.

I like main stream like Linkin Park, sum41, Breaking Benjimans, Herbie hancock and other stuff for me it's not so bad

As the title says, what video game music would you like to hear in a concert? Pick your top three songs you'd like.

There's a hell of alot I'd like to hear, so I won't bother listing it, but how about you? What would you want?

I ask this because there's an upcoming "proejct" of sorts I'm organising with someone that may well be going underway sometime soon. As such, I'd like to hear what the general public wants.

I'd like to hear a couple of Shadow of the Colossus tunes myself :awesome:

Hmm...my top three...This is a real toughie.

I'd probably have to go with

(this is my favorite overworld tune by far. Just hearing it makes me want to upload my file on the game and just walk around Nido Archipelago),
, and
(seriously one of the first songs I ever committed to learning on the guitar).

A mix of Proud Flight/The Devoted/Eternal Bonds/Guard from FE10, Bloody Tears (from CV, despite it being done to hell and back), and finally Fire Field (since Mute City's been done to death).