New Heroes - Ymir & More

59 minutes ago, XRay said:

Alright, she was relevant for a very short while. Once Corrin: Novice Vacationer and Nowi: Eternal Witch came out in late 2017, you rather run those two with one or two Dancers/Singers, and if Camilla: Spring Princess was there, she was relegated to being more of a buff bot.

There were no flying dancers until New Year Azura was released at the end of the year, so the team would be Spring Camilla (Gronnblade), Summer Corrin (Blarblade), Halloween Nowi (Grimoire or Raudhrblade), and one other flier of your choice (likely Hinoka for Hone Fliers or you gave Hone Fliers to a unit easier to merge). Nowi ran her default Hone Fliers, and Camilla and Corrin ran Fortify Fliers. Running a dancer was not advised because you'd lose out on buffs, and there wasn't any content at the time that needed a dancer anyways when you had tome flier mobility other than a few maps with cramped terrain.

New Year Azura replaced the unit in the fourth slot and has Hone Fliers by default, so the rest of the team didn't need to change. Nino would finally replace Camilla in June 2018, but Litrblade spam had already fallen off by then.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, XRay said:

They put some pretty good stuff on free units too. Yen'fay might be cheap, but he is arguably just as good as Ike: Brave Mercenary. Riev is pretty decent too as a Saboteur who also doubles as a Blazing nuke. There is also Walhart and Gharnef now who can Sweep, so players literally have no excuse at this point about not having the tools to deal with problematic units. And these characters are not even main characters.

I agree that female characters and popular characters tend to get better treatment, but people act like male characters and less popular characters get nothing decent. And being popular does not even guarantee that you will not get shit treatment. Lyn: Brave Lady's Refine was absolute bottom of the barrel crap, and she is the only Lyn that is even remotely relevant until Lyn: Ninja-Friend Duo came along. I do not remember Camilla ever being relevant. While Ymir is decent, she is hardly top tier, and it makes absolutely zero sense to run her for Drive Miracle when you can have Drive damage reduction from Flayn or Elimine.

Oh I wasn't contesting the fact that there are worthwhile free units. I was saying the reason most of the free units in general are male is because they have less monetary gain. Whether or not a free unit is actually good seems to be up to some rather chaotic whims.

I feel like the reason why Ash's banner did got an Ascendent Unit is because Ash wasn't just a Normal Hero OC, she was a Mythic Hero.

8 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I feel like the reason why Ash's banner did got an Ascendent Unit is because Ash wasn't just a Normal Hero OC, she was a Mythic Hero.

I doubt it. I'd bet on Book 7's launch banner having both a mythic and an Ascended.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I doubt it. I'd bet on Book 7's launch banner having both a mythic and an Ascended.

Maybe, we'll know in December then.

Though, banners that are desperate for unit slots to get representation then are gonna appreciate having Eir or whoever other OC gets to be an Ascendent Hero, because they're gonna make the OC Slot (which exists independent of the rest of the update) of a banner also take the Ascendent Slot. It already happened with Fjorm and Laegjarn.

Edited by Troykv

9 hours ago, Troykv said:

Maybe, we'll know in December then.

Though, banners that are desperate for unit slots to get representation then are gonna appreciate having Eir or whoever other OC gets to be an Ascendent Hero, because they're gonna make the OC Slot (which exists independent of the rest of the update) of a banner also take the Ascendent Slot. It already happened with Fjorm and Laegjarn.

I don't know what to expect out of that possibility. Who knows if they'll keep doing OC Ascendeds at all, let alone how they'll handle them.