New Heroes - Ymir & More

So leegndary characters can be ascended. Well @Ice Dragon I guess we were both right and we could see both Legendary Nana and Ascended Nana (amoung all those other characters we discussed like Sothe and stuff)...Not that I'm particularly happy about that, I would prefer if ascended characters were the rank  below legend in. But the character pool for legends has run very dry, so a blending of both was always inevitable (which was kind of my point). Though it didn't have to go both ways with Legend characters getting ascended. That's kind of just going to turn ascended into a rerun of legendaries (not that some legendary characters don't need the update).

Anyways, another Celica and still no Celica's Gale T.T

I think the fact that I saw Ymir in the title of this thread and my mind jumped to Archanea Cave Man shows how much I pay attention to the Heroes story. Can someone remind me, who even is Ymir? 

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see Kamui, Atlas, and Valentia Est getting added in along with new Ascended Celica. I really originally was expecting to think Ymir was supposed to be Eir's real mother after Hel kidnapped Eir from her real parents due Nintendo showed Eir's Events, I guess I was wrong though.

So... having half the banner be special units is a good way to drag out Echoes banners, but honestly, why Celica? Why not say, Silque, or Faye? Even if it has to be a female character, there are ones that would be suitable for an Ascendant.

I do really like Ymir's dragon design though; for some reason, when I saw her name in the video title, I first thought of Ymir from Shadow Dragon.

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

Celica getting an ascendent means we can get Lord Ike outfit as well as Light Sage Micaiah outfit. 

that's pretty much my opinion about this banner

if i were to elaborate further: Celica looks cool, Est and Brigand Boss are boring, Kamui and Atlas are fine, Ymir literally who

3 hours ago, Karuu30 said:

Not me just realizing I messed up with the his instead of her, lol. Ascended Conrad would have been cool though.

Ooo, yeah! It could have been based on his dad, maybe. Or some masculine Mila-inspired outfit. That could have been cool! We already know Mila loves Celica. It would have been nice to see her brother get a bit of love. Sure, he has a Valentine's alt, which is nice, but you know what I mean.

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Celica getting an ascendent means we can get Lord Ike outfit as well as Light Sage Micaiah outfit. 

Man, I've been waiting for Ike to show up in his Lord outfit! =D

Ascended Hero versions of characters that already have a Legendary Hero version is pretty cool. I expect them to do this only for characters that have already gotten a Legendary Hero version, though. And also probably rarely. Valentia has a relatively small cast, so there aren't that many choices, though I am a bit disappointed they went with palette-swap Celica instead of Overclassing literally anyone. I'm sure Mach Faye would sell well.

Est is a given for this banner since the other two have already gotten their Echoes versions. It's kind of funny since I was doing the Plumeria Limited Hero Battle a few hours ago and realized I couldn't include all of the pegasus knight sisters because Est didn't have an Echoes version yet.

Ymir is cute. Her dragon form is pretty, but those feet are creepy. Also, her legs don't look like they can hold her weight, especially with the back legs bent like that. I think the feet would also look better if the legs were fleshed out a bit more.

Ymir looks like a ridiculously good heal bot. She even has the ability to remove penalties, but only after healing, so there's no getting around Fatal Smoke too easily. She's also bringing A/R Near Trace to round out the melee Res Trace skills after Nifl brought S/R Near Trace in the most recent banner. Her Miracle looks like it'll be a bit finnicky to make use of since it only activates from 75% or higher, though it should at least help stop the couple units that rely on Lethality to break tanks. It's also nice to be getting her as a normal Hero, which allows her to be run on either side in Aether Raids.

Celica has built-in Miracle, but only from 25% or higher. She could give up Soul of Zofia to run double Mystic Boost to do the same invincibility shenanigans that Hel and Harmonized Leaf can do, but I don't think it's worth it.

The other characters don't really stand out to me in terms of gameplay performance. Est doesn't even have Triangle Attack despite her weapon's name referencing it.

Likely just pulling for the spark and then cleaning up my pity rate. It's probably most efficient for me to snipe green for Ymir and use my spark on Celica to get the Floret.

5 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

and redesign the Sol Katti so it looks like its Warriors design

Please no. That thing is so ugly.

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Ooo, yeah! It could have been based on his dad, maybe. Or some masculine Mila-inspired outfit. That could have been cool! We already know Mila loves Celica. It would have been nice to see her brother get a bit of love. Sure, he has a Valentine's alt, which is nice, but you know what I mean.

Man, I've been waiting for Ike to show up in his Lord outfit! =D

Why do you say Mila loved Celica? The game implies she would have outright killed Celica if they had ever met and Mila noticed the brand (though coming to think of it she must have heard the news anyway, unless she just doesn't pay attention to such news...which seems like it'd be in character). 

Also Conrad was raised in Rigel by the former head of the Duma Faithful. That's something that could be played up for an alt. He already has the white knight blessed lance thing in his default design.

Maybe we should've gotten Ascended Conrad instead. Regular Conrad was relegated to kinda shitty GHB without a prf weapon when he was released, despite placing well in the year he got in, and his only alt is a 4-star demote with no prf who came with a weapon that didn't even work for his stat line.

Translation things, I suppose:

The banner's name, "Special Summon: Ymir & More", is "特別召喚 新英雄&開花英雄&ユーミル" (tokubetsu shōkan: shin eiyū & kaika eiyū & yūmiru), "Special Summon: New Heroes & Blooming Hero & Ymir". As usual, "開花" (kaika), "bloom", is the Japanese terminology for Ascended Heroes.

Celica's epithet, "Valentia's Hope", is "バレンシアの希望" (barenshia no kibō), "Valentia's Hope".

Mila's Testament is "大地母神の聖書" (daichi boshin no seisho), "Scriptures of Mother Earth". "大地母神" (daichi boshin) literally translates as "mother-earth goddess". Compare with Mila's Nurturing Breath, which is "大地母神のブレス" (daichi boshi no buresu), "Breath of Mother Earth", and is what Mila's Testament's animation is based off of.

Inf. Null Follow is "歩行の見切り追撃" (hokō no mikiri tsuigeki), "Infantry Nihil Follow-Up Attack". "見切り・追撃効果" (mikiri: tsuigeki kōka), "Nihil: Follow-Up Attack Effects", is the Japanese name of the Null Follow-Up skill. "見切り" (mikiri), "seeing through everything", is the Japanese name of the Nihil skill from the main series.

Est's epithet, "Sweet Baby Sis", is "天真爛漫な末っ子" (tenshin ranman na suekko), "Naive Youngest Child".

Tri-Edge Lance is "天馬姉妹の三角槍" (tenba shimai no sankaku-sō), "Pegasus Sisters' Triangle Lance".

Flow Feather is "怒涛・天馬行空" (dotō: tenba kōkū), "Surging Waves: Pegasus Flight". "天馬行空" (tenba kōkū), "pegasus flight", is the Japanese name of the Pegasus Flight skill. Compare with "怒涛・飛竜行空" (dotō: hiryū kōkū), "Surging Waves: Wyvern Flight", which is the Japanese name of the Flow Flight skill.

Kamui's epithet, "Wandering Blade", is "流れ者の傭兵" (nagaremono no yōhei), "Wanderer Mercenary".

Up-Front Blade is "正々堂々の剣" (seisei dōdō no tsurugi), "Fair-and-Square Blade".

Ymir's epithet, "Life-Mother", is "生命の母なる竜" (seimei no haha-naru ryū), "Mother Dragon of Life".

Everliving Breath is "永生のブレス" (eisei no buresu), "Breath of Eternal Life".

A/R Near Trace is "攻撃魔防の近影" (kōgeki mabō no kin'ei), "Atk/Res Near Trace". "影" (ei) here means "something that is left behind", referring to the fact that the attacking unit is no longer there.

Everliving Domain is "永生結界", (eisei kekkai), "Boundary of Eternal Life".

Atlas's epithet, "Forest Muscle", is "森の剛腕" (mori no gōwan), "Strong Arm of the Forest". "剛腕" (gōwan) literally translates as "strong arm", but also refers to a person that can carry out a difficult task.

Stout Axe is "堅固の斧" (kengo no ono), "Solid Axe".

Brigand Boss's epithet, "Known Criminal", is "乱世の凶風" (ransei no kyōfū), "Sinister Wind of Unrest". What the fuck did this guy do to deserve such an edgy epithet when Gatekeeper only got "of the Monastery"?

Vulture Axe is "禿鷹の斧" (hagetaka no ono), "Vulture Axe". Undomesticated animals typically have their names written out phonetically in kana rather than in kanji (often because the kanji are either complicated or obscure), but Heroes uses the kanji name, likely to save space.

Bruno's epithet, "Prince Beset", is "憑かれし皇子" (tsukareshi ōji), "Possessed Imperial Prince". Compare with Veronica: Princess Beset's epithet, "憑かれし皇女" (tsukareshi ōjo), "Possessed Imperial Princess".

Veiled Valaskjalf is "幽暗ヴラスキャルフ" (yūan vurasukyarufu), "Gloom Valaskjalf" or "Seclusion Valaskjalf".

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Wow, that's not a lot of characters left. It really does sound like Echoes has a max of two banners left, maybe. Maybe we'll get Ascended Alm leading the next banner >_>

Problem with Alm (and Conrad) is that part of the motivation for Ascendeds seems to be keeping the pool of female characters from running low too fast, and Echoes' main pool is now completely male.

xPNkj0C.png

Damn, Askran Xerneas looks both beautiful and kick-ass. But sharing the banner with an Ascendant Hero is a dick move, I can't spark both of them! (Also, I'm mad that this is the second time they've done it, requiring me to edit the Ascendant Floret Thread OP because I am now wrong about these two things not being able to share a banner.)

I was incredibly worried about that PRF C slot until I re-read it and noticed the "If unit's HP ≥ 75%...". IntSys specifically made sure not to repeat the mistakes they made with Hel. Yeah, I'm shocked too.

Edited by Some Jerk

Valentian Est LET'S GOOOO!!

I know she was expected but it's still makes me so HAPPY seeing the bEst pegasister given her dues. Just one more and she can have a full emblem like her sisters.

Maybe a bridal alt? It would be appropriate.

It's also nice to finally have Kamui and Atlas, moreso the former since he is a unit you meet super early on (so is Mycen who's still missing -.-) and as such should really have been introduced way earlier.

The Ascended Hero really annoys me tho, for two reasons:

1) Just like last banner we get an Ascended even with a tie-in OC that could easily sell the banner, which also mean one less Echoes unit added.

2) Celica sets a precedent I really don't like. Legendary Heroes shouldn't get Ascended alts too. This could have been Mae, Genny, Boey, Saber or Sonya. And this alt means a proper seasonal alt for Celica is pushed even further away... 

Brigand Boss is funny but man, did we really need him so soon? I would have prioritized some of the actual important bosses such as Jedah, Nuibaba, Slayde and Desaix.

But overall I am happy with this banner just because Echoes didn't have to wait an eternity for a New Heroes banner AGAIN. Now if we could do something about TMS and RD...

7 hours ago, Medeus said:

Other then that, this is a weird banner. It reminds me of Thracia's first banner except worse since we got two alts plus an OC rather than just the alts. Granted, I understand why they did it as Echoes is really low on characters and they set the pattern of the Pegasus sisters with Catria, but it's still a little disappointing to see us only get two proper characters out of this.

The last Echoes banner was the same. Two alts (Zeke and Palla) and an OC (Nott) with the only new character on the banner proper being the demote (Luthier). 

They really don't believe Valentian characters can sell on their own. Unless they are called Alm, Celica and Berkut.

9 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Brigand Boss for the GHB

spit take

What?! I guess after Gatekeeper, all bets are off.

As for the banner:

Celica getting a Legendary AND an Ascended variant sets a worrying precedent, given until now we assumed Ascended alts were for "not quite Legends" (plus Florina). Was Est really not worthy of headlining a banner on her own? Considering we have all three Whitewings, I'm kinda worried about Valentia's future prospects.

Ymir: given her design I was expecting a cutesy voice, so I'm happy to see we've been Lachesis'd again. She sounds great and, while I'm a little miffed that the giant killed to create the world turned into a moeblob, my inner Norse myth buff really wants to hear her dialogue. And as @Mysterique Sign said, her dragon form is downright beautiful, wow! I wonder how long it'll be until we get the other TT+ OC. Given how quickly Ymir showed up it could even be September (since next month is CYL)... or maybe Ymir only got in early because she died (and is a girl, obviously).

40 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Just like last banner we get an Ascended even with a tie-in OC that could easily sell the banner, which also mean one less Echoes unit added.

Every time we get an original character on a normal banner (starting Book IV, which is when they started putting original characters on normal banners on a regular basis), they make sure to add an off-banner demote so that we still get the same number of units from the banner's game.

• Peony's banner had Tanya.
  • Mirabilis's banner had Emmeryn
  • Reginn's banner had Knoll
  • Nott's banner had Tatiana
  • Nifl's banner had Benny
  • Muspell's banner had Balthus
  • Ascended Fjorm's banner had Vyland
  • Ascended Laegjarn's banner had Tanith
  • Ash's banner had Miriel
  • Letizia's banner had Guy
  • Ymir's banner has Atlas

So no, we didn't get one less Echoes character. If Ymir weren't on the banner, then we would've just gotten a banner with Ascended Celica, Est, Kamui, and Atlas and not gotten an off-banner demote, which is still four characters.

54 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

They really don't believe Valentian characters can sell on their own. Unless they are called Alm, Celica and Berkut.

Or, you know, there aren't any remaining popular characters from Echoes that aren't already in the game, so it makes sense to give Echoes banners two demotes instead of one and save one of the banner slots for an original character.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Every time we get an original character on a normal banner (starting Book IV, which is when they started putting original characters on normal banners on a regular basis), they make sure to add an off-banner demote so that we still get the same number of units from the banner's game.

• Peony's banner had Tanya.
  • Mirabilis's banner had Emmeryn
  • Reginn's banner had Knoll
  • Nott's banner had Tatiana
  • Nifl's banner had Benny
  • Muspell's banner had Balthus
  • Ascended Fjorm's banner had Vyland
  • Ascended Laegjarn's banner had Tanith
  • Ash's banner had Miriel
  • Letizia's banner had Guy
  • Ymir's banner has Atlas

So no, we didn't get one less Echoes character. If Ymir weren't on the banner, then we would've just gotten a banner with Ascended Celica, Est, Kamui, and Atlas and not gotten an off-banner demote, which is still four characters.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I wasn't talking about Ymir not being on the banner. I was talking about CELICA not being on the banner.

I can accept Ascendeds existing for the sake of banners that have no Stars left to sell. But OCs are Stars by default (ignore Otr) so why did CELICA need to exist on the banner?

It's not like after introducing Ascendeds they haven't done New Heroes banner without a Floret.

A good example is the Awakening banner. In that one we got an OC (Ash) three Awakening units on the banner (Basilio, Flavia and Priam) and two others given for free (Yen'Fay and Miriel) for a total of five new Awakening characters.

They could have easily done a banner with an OC to sell (Ymir) three valentian characters on the banner (Est, Kamui and Atlas) and two others given for free (Nomah and Brigand Boss) for a total of five brand new Echoes characters, instead of just the four (Est, Atlas, Kamui and Brigand Boss. Valentian Est counts as a brand new character for the same principle of Zeke and Adult Tiki).

In hindsight I should have been more clear that we got one less BRAND NEW Echoes unit because of how this banner was made. I am not mad at Ymit at all. I am VERY mad at Celica.

At least since we are probably getting Ascended Eir next it means the Fates banner (if it's Fates) will be more lucky and we will get A!Eir + three Fates brand new characters on the banner (let's say Mitama, Dwyer and Sophie) and two more given for free (Kiragi and Zola).

I swear if they put TWO Ascended heroes on the same banner... I will get really mad...

Between another alt for Est that she didn’t earn and getting literal Brigand Boss as the GHB, it’s almost like they wanted me to hate this banner. 

And I kinda do hate it even though Ymir and a Celica alt are neat.

16 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I wasn't talking about Ymir not being on the banner. I was talking about CELICA not being on the banner.

I can accept Ascendeds existing for the sake of banners that have no Stars left to sell. But OCs are Stars by default (ignore Otr) so why did CELICA need to exist on the banner?

It's not like after introducing Ascendeds they haven't done New Heroes banner without a Floret.

Sorry not sorry, I can’t this seriously when you’re simultaneously hyped for an Est alt. Unlike Ascended Celica, Est being here did deprive us of a new Valentian character.

If it wasn’t Celica as the Ascended Hero, it was probably going to be someone else who already had an alt or alts (like Faye or Delthea).

28 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Sorry not sorry, I can’t this seriously when you’re simultaneously hyped for an Est alt. Unlike Ascended Celica, Est being here did deprive us of a new Valentian character.

If it wasn’t Celica as the Ascended Hero, it was probably going to be someone else who already had an alt or alts (like Faye or Delthea).

FE2 Est was called for based on precedent that characters who've appeared in both Valentia and Archanea get separate versions of each.

Personally I was hoping that banners with OCs would skip Ascendeds until Florina established last month that that's not a thing.

53 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Between another alt for Est that she didn’t earn and getting literal Brigand Boss as the GHB, it’s almost like they wanted me to hate this banner. 

First of all, I can't take your argument as being in good faith when in the same breath you have admitted that you hate Est and you used the dumb "alts need to be earned" nonsense.

Oh, just noticed that you actually said "another alt", meaning you believe her first alt also shouldn't exist and she should have 0 alts.

So in a sea of reasonable people that sometimes complain about a seasonal banner being disappointing and list the things they didn't like saying stuff like "I don't like character X, I wanted somebody else to get that slot. But at least it was their first alt so good for fans of characters X" you are the rude one that forgets manners and says stuff like "character X should never get an alt. Even if the game lasts 10 years. Because characters X just objectively sucks so much and everybody knows it".

Very classy. Even when criticizing BRIGAND BOSS I made sure not to be rude towards people who voted him, simply questioning if they couldn't have waited a couple of years to add him.

Since you have plainly stated that you have a bias against Est and you also don't care about being rude to her fans and me being an Est fan happy that she got some new content which still puts her behind her sisters (which is strange and unusual for the series since EVERYWHERE ELSE, meaning Cipher, Awakening DLC, being the only TRIO unit in FEH and other appearances in other games, IS always treats them as a package deal because of their closeness and how iconic they are which is a FACT that you can't change) somehow means that I can't be taken seriously when I get mad at something unrelated (like IS putting Ascendeds where they aren't necessary and starting to use Lords as Ascendeds) and I must be some kind of moron... I have to admit that all of the above doesn't exactly put in the mood for a civil discussion and an exchange of opinions.

At the very least, not with you.

Edited by GrandeRampel

Well, I’m disappointed we get lords being ascended. My main drive for ascended was to get non-lords a nice treatment since they wouldn’t be legendary. My chances for seeing ascended Amelia are even lower 😢

and anyone knows what Ymir’s dragon form is supposed to be?

Funny you ask, because that's what I've been trying to figure out for the last couple of hours. At first I thought she was a "Peryton", a mythological deer-bird hybrid, but the only deer-like thing on Ymir is the tree-antlers.

What confuses me the most is the head. It's neither bird-like nor deer-like, and I swear I've seen something like it in other media, but I can't identify just what it's supposed to be.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

FE2 Est was called for based on precedent that characters who've appeared in both Valentia and Archanea get separate versions of each.

Personally I was hoping that banners with OCs would skip Ascendeds until Florina established last month that that's not a thing.

That's a good point you are making. Without this alt Est couldn't be used for stuff like FE2 Resonant and Limited Hero battles despite being an FE 2 character among other things.

But I predict that this good point will soon be countered and I honestly can't wait to hear the scientific explanation as to why ALL the characters who appear in multiple games (Inigo, Severa, Owain, Bartre, Karel, Merlinus, Nanna, Leif, Finn, Palla, Catria, Camus, Tiki, Anna, Ced, even the entire PoR cast) DESERVE to have a version for all their appearances in various games EXCEPT for one character: Est.

Est is the only one that doesn't deserve to be treated like the others and should be ashamed of herself. Because reasons.

4 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

A good example is the Awakening banner.

That's not a "good" example. That's the only example. Every New Heroes banner since the introduction of Florets has had an Ascended Hero on it except for Ash's banner and the Fallen Heroes banner (which gets a pass for the same reason the upcoming CYL banner gets a pass).

It's unlikely that they'll release another New Heroes banner (other than the aforementioned banner themes that get a pass and possibly banners for newly released games) without a Floret because of how valuable they are to players. Even if every New Heroes banner (other than the aforementioned passes) gets a Floret going forward, that's only 10 Florets per year, which is already extremely low.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Est deserves an Echoes alt for the same reason that Sirius, Zeke, and Zelgius in Begnion armor deserve to be in the game.

Ascended Celica, on the other hand, was completely unnecessary, and the Ascended Hero slot should've been used to Overclass someone. Delthea and Faye are both safe picks, and I'm pretty sure they could even hype up Boey if they tried hard enough to make him good (we still don't have a legitimately good Close Counter unit in the game).

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I'm pretty sure they realized that they're not releasing Florets fast enough.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's not a "good" example. That's the only example. Every New Heroes banner since the introduction of Florets has had an Ascended Hero on it except for Ash's banner and the Fallen Heroes banner (which gets a pass for the same reason the upcoming CYL banner gets a pass).

It's unlikely that they'll release another New Heroes banner (other than the aforementioned banner themes that get a pass and possibly banners for newly released games) without a Floret because of how valuable they are to players. Even if every New Heroes banner (other than the aforementioned passes) gets a Floret going forward, that's only 10 Florets per year, which is already extremely low.

Yeah, I agree that now there is no more hope. The Ash banner didn't have to be the only example. If only they made a different choice for the Letizia banner and this Ymir banner it would be a different story. There was a time when IS released direct 3*-4* heroes regardless of OCs or Ascendeds being on a banner. Then they changed their mind. This is pretty much the same thing.

I accept that Ascended + OC + 2 heroes is the new status quo. Doesn't mean that I like it.