It's pronounced "Fokes"

36 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I'm officially going to use this as a character trait now in future WYBO pieces, you will be able to tell because I will be capitalizing the L. I just wanted to give you fair warning.

I hate them already.

2 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

I tried pronouncing it with an L and it sounded like I was trying to cough up a hairball

It's as bad to hear as say.

EDIT: You might even call it "heresay"

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

I find myself pronouncing words like "folks", or names like "Holmes", in that gray area. Where I'm not using a long "o" (i.e. "fokes", "homes"), but neither is there a distinctive "l" sound (like you'd hear in "bold" or "roll"). The vowel sound just gets... weird.

22 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

If you go out of your way to pronounce the l in "folks", you're no better than Jimmy Neutron saying "sodium chloride" over salt.

"Uh, dude? It's salt."

22 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

If you go out of your way to pronounce the l in "folks", you're no better than Jimmy Neutron saying "sodium chloride" over salt.

A big McThankies from McSpankies!

Now it comes to my attention I've never heard anyone not pronounce the L. But then I live by the US border, where Spanish is spoken 99% of the time on the US side, so... what do I know.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 10:14 PM, Shaky Jones said:

English pronunciation is confusing. I think its passable if you happen to not be aware how to pronounce a word. This is no where near jimmy neutron being annoying.