Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

1 hour ago, tipperthescales said:

I'm kinda surprised no-one posted about Tiki...?

I think it's because her tweets were dropped at an awkward time: the forum was down, and we are only days away from Engage release, so everyone just... kinda forget about them

Anyways, I'm interested in how does Yunaka get to 26 crit, when the weapon screen only says 18. If I remember correctly, Train To Kill only activates on defensive tile, right?

1 hour ago, tipperthescales said:

Engage Attack (Divine Dragon's Blessing) seems to only work once a map (i.e. only one Revival Stone can be given to a unit on one map).

That makes it a little less useful than I thought. I hope we can grant another revival stone when the last one is used up though

Edited by Keikyushi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Keikyushi said:

Anyways, I'm interested in how does Yunaka get to 26 crit, when the weapon screen only says 18. If I remember correctly, Train To Kill only activates on defensive tile, right?

That makes it a little less useful than I thought. I hope we can grant another revival stone when the last one is used up though

Huh, weird, with no supports active this doesn't add up huh.

FWIW Vincent has translated it as 'one stone max per each receiving unit', but I think we need someone a bit more fluent here...

2 hours ago, Keikyushi said:

I think it's because her tweets were dropped at an awkward time: the forum was down, and we are only days away from Engage release, so everyone just... kinda forget about them

Not to mention this thread is pretty dead now with the Leak thread now going, people are either looking at spoilers or avoiding them

Some info I was able to gather from this tweet batch:

• Their Emblem name is roughly 'Emblems of the Three Crowns'; 鼎 has an archaic meaning of 'monarchy'/'throne', and of note this would share a name with a certain English track name from 3H itself (it doesn't match in Japanese, but in that case the majority of Emblems have a two-character 'title' except for Marth and Micaiah, so it's a classical / literary way to convey the same thing). They could keep this or just go with Emblems of the Three Houses for English.
  • Nothing too exciting in the recap of the Friendly Rivalry and Lineage skills.
  • Flame Gambit sets the nine space zone immediately surrounding the target. Associated with Edelgard. Actually rather powerful as an on command Blazing Lion terrain effect, but naturally limited to random swapping of the Leaders.
  • Gambit: Sacred Shield (I think this will become Shield Gambit) is similar to its source game, except only applies to the first ranged attack received in each combat. Associated with Dimitri.
  • Gambit: Poisoned Arrows (read: Poison Gambit) applies poison after battle to the target as well as directly adjacent enemies (1 space away, so a + pattern).
  • Aymr is confirmed to be a heavy/Smash type weapon, and Dragon effective. By the way, everyone can now be a student! We knew this already, but seeing Lapis (and later Goldmary and Seadall) in the Academy Uniform is probably fulfilling someone's fanfiction quota of 'Elyos characters attending Garreg Mach' or something, haha.
  • Importantly, the Engaged Emblem is Claude this time; so Friendly Rivalry is still active even during the Engaged state. Also, the Sword Claude!Lapis had equipped before swapping to Aymr has a confirmed name (via datamine) of Georgios; it is S rank and of the Blade type (so smash / no follow up etc.).
  • The Engage Skill, Combat Arts, has the potential to be rather terrifying. All of Raging Storm / Atrocity / Fallen Star are available in the menu, though we only see the first in action. Raging Storm has an Engage turn cost of 3 (so using it will guarantee you Disengaging the next turn), but grants you the extra turn after attacking; the attack does seem to be adjacent enemies only however. Being able to use Raging Storm followed by Houses Unite (the Engage Attack) is pretty crazy irrespectively. Time to watch Atrocity deleting everything and Fallen Star giving guaranteed avoid. Yay.
  • Houses Unite we've pretty much seen already. Importantly I think the Qi Adept bonus is the same as Tetra Trick's - guaranteed Break (while the enemy was an Archer or Sniper, Edelgard!Seadall never punched them so the usual Break rules don't apply).
  • Already confirmed from DLC1's Japanese trailer, but the Sync stat boosts are in Str / Dex / Def.
  • On comparison of the male and female Leaders!Engage outfits, male is definitely emulating Dimitri while female is emulating Edelgard. Claude stays third wheeling, rip.

As much the House Leaders being announced as a shared Emblem did not surprise or impress me, I will say the gameplay benefits they offer are pretty interesting.

Edelgard lighting tiles on fire and Claude applying poison can lead into some interesting strategies, provided luck is on your side, since the leader you get is random.

Mika Pikazo countdown, Veyle edition

Will probably be the Alears tomorrow for D-1 seeing as everyone else on the SE boxart has been covered. Hopefully we get something nice for release day too cause I am loving her art

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

Will probably be the Alears tomorrow for D-1 seeing as everyone else on the SE boxart has been covered. Hopefully we get something nice for release day too cause I am loving her art

I don't know, she has already drawn Alears before. My guess for the last day is Sombron, since he's like the last major character without an art. Or if she wants to go full meme, then Sommie

5 minutes ago, Keikyushi said:

I don't know, she has already drawn Alears before. My guess for the last day is Sombron, since he's like the last major character without an art. Or if she wants to go full meme, then Sommie

Whoops forgot about him. Yeah Sombron would make sense. Hopefully a cute Sommie for release day will happen.

25 minutes ago, Azz said:

Oh look the character that costed me the one I wanted.

14 minutes ago, Azz said:

Whoops forgot about him. Yeah Sombron would make sense. Hopefully a cute Sommie for release day will happen.

Why not both? Sombron and Sommie together.

1 minute ago, ciphertul said:

Oh look the character that costed me the one I wanted.

If you're talking about leak stuff, feel free to open this.

Spoiler

To be completely honest, while I don't care much for either and I live in my best timeline anyway because Momphir... Yeah, I too would've prefered Zephia over another dragon loli. In fact, best case scenario for me would've been dragon loli turns out to be completely evil, no strings attached, and Zephia is the surprise redemption. That would've been a pretty cool twist and would've made Zephia into a much more unique character than Veyle will ever be.

Alas, they weren't willing to take such a risk, so we get the loli. Woo. She sure is gonna sit on that bench.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

To be completely honest, while I don't care much for either and I live in my best timeline anyway because Momphir... Yeah, I too would've prefered Zephia over another dragon loli. In fact, best case scenario for me would've been dragon loli turns out to be completely evil, no strings attached, and Zephia is the surprise redemption. That would've been a pretty cool twist and would've made Zephia into a much more unique character than Veyle will ever be.

Alas, they weren't willing to take such a risk, so we get the loli. Woo. She sure is gonna sit on that bench.

Spoiler

Zephia and Marni were the 2 I was most interested in and well… I get neither. It sucks, romance was kinda confirmed but… I got nothing. Just another thing copied from Genshin.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

You summed up my thoughts on the Zephia VS Veyle situation so well.

Having a completely evil dragon loli would`ve been a refreshing change of pace. It would also help Veyle stand out more among the many Manakete kids FE has.

While I never cared for Zephia, having a her be the surprise redemption character would still have been interesting to see. Plus, we would have another Manakete that doesn`t look like a child, which is always good

Instead, we got dragon loli good (except when forced to be evil), dragon mommy bad

59 minutes ago, Keikyushi said:

Looks like we were both wrong @Azz. Emblem Marth for the last day it is.

Well damn. He does look good tho.

I wonder if we'll get one tomorrow for release day.

Final crackpot theory before the game releases: 

Going off of the whole "Alear is the Fell Dragon" theory, what if Lumere and Alear were Fell Dragons in the past and defeated Sombron, the real Divine Dragon. Lumere was able to act like the Divine Dragons won, and even in the end actually came to model the aspects of the Divine Dragons themselves. Due to her change of heart, she changed Alear's personality, which had the side effect of changing their memories as well. 

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

Final crackpot theory before the game releases: 

Going off of the whole "Alear is the Fell Dragon" theory, what if Lumere and Alear were Fell Dragons in the past and defeated Sombron, the real Divine Dragon. Lumere was able to act like the Divine Dragons won, and even in the end actually came to model the aspects of the Divine Dragons themselves. Due to her change of heart, she changed Alear's personality, which had the side effect of changing their memories as well. 

That would be an novel twist for the series, tbh

On 1/20/2023 at 4:13 AM, basedcarousel said:

The biggest twist would be the campaign continuing after mean dragon is dealt with. It would just take some finesse to craft a scenario where a human army becomes a bigger threat. 

IS: But evil dragon is super cool! Also that is my issue with GOT S8 after the Night King the aftermath feels super lame.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 4:10 AM, Seazas said:

Tiki's dialogue also confirms that the Braclets won't be an add-on to Alear's story and instead having one of their own with Wave 4. That's good.

Very interesting, thanks for pointing that out! It's good to know that there's a reason for these Bracelets to exist and it's not just for the sake of DLC~

Welp, back to twitter updates with the DLC! Here are all three:

Hector:

Spoiler

Soren:

Spoiler

Camilla:

Spoiler

Also, DLC costumes and bonuses:

Spoiler

EDIT... again:

They giving us all the emblems cause they just updated with Chrom and Robin... Am gonna let someone else post their info and Veronica's cause I am going to bed lol

FINAL EDIT (I Hope): Actually nope they just uploaded their profile cards but no gameplay (makes sense). Also, free Somniel update adds support raising facilities (three to be exact, the pool, the stables and the orchard)

The Somniel update:

Spoiler

Chrobin:

Spoiler

Veronica:

Spoiler

Fell Xenologue things:

Spoiler

Edited by Azz