Theatre Mafia GAME OVER

Snike

Ok so you see, the problem with going after SB like that, as I pointed out, is that it appears to be feigning contribution. The fact that you said 3 people had a vote on him at one particular point means you were not the first to suspect him, which means that you are more likely to be echoing and feigning contribution. I say this because focusing on SB was a bad idea in my eyes, when you could, like you just said, question other players and find other suspects. Yet you did not, you tunneled on SB instead. Manix doesn't count because you 'thought he was obvscum.'

Except SB had a 3 vote wagon on him this phase. I tunneled in on SB last phase.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However you never mentioned an update of your read on Weapons until like now. Also if a suspect offers to hammer, shouldn't you be more suspicious of him, not less suspicious? If suspicion=srsness then a lot of people here including Manix are not suspicious because they're srs about their reads. Finally, keyword is 'less suspicious.' You don't let a suspect do whatever he wants, do you? You can't say that nothing can ever come from the next 10 hours or so.

Well lets see. I feel like my unvoting of Weapons plus me saying that I was aware I was tunneling and thus going to back off should have made it clear I was no longer as suspicious of him as I had been. Second, I'm still not really sure what was wrong with me telling Weapons to hammer. So I wasn't sure of him. Whoopdeedo. We had plenty of time left. If he had been able to hammer and had chosen not to in an attempt to save Manix (which would have been stupid if he was scum because it would have made he seem super suspicious), someone else would have been able to hammer in time. And someone needed to hammer. It was pretty obvious that Manix was the lynch target yesterday. It didn't really matter that Weapons wanted to hammer or didn't want to hammer or whatever. Someone was going to, and the phase was going no where. All that was happening was Manix was taunting us all by trying to make us believe a completely obvious fake claim.

I also dislike post #412, since it's reminiscent on your weird play D2 where you didn't vote for the person you felt was most scummy

##Vote: BBM

I feel like you guys are getting on me here for a playstyle that I'm trying out, not something particularly scummy that I'm doing.

Except SB had a 3 vote wagon on him this phase. I tunneled in on SB last phase.

Ok sorry, I thought it was last phase.

Still doesn't explain why you tunneled on SB when you just now said that you wanted to change your playstyle and not tunnel so hard.

Votals

Rapier(3): Prims, Marth, Paperblade (who is shaped like a rapier)

BBM (3): Ducky, Weapons, Iris

Marf(2): BBM, Scorri

Seriously Bananas (1): Shinori, Weapons, Marth

Shinori(0): Paperblade

T-minus 47 hours before Blastoff.

Edited by Snike

Ok sorry, I thought it was last phase.

Still doesn't explain why you tunneled on SB when you just now said that you wanted to change your playstyle and not tunnel so hard.

It wasn't tunneling in so much as me running out of people I was finding scummy, so my vote stayed on SB for a while because I couldn't find anyone else that looked worse. I would have changed back to Manix later on but didn't get the opportunity.

I wish you people would post when I'm actually awake.

Weapons has a solid case on BBM, but Marth's seeping looks worse to me. If he'd actually said something of worth in his vote post, then maybe he would slip by. But that wagon formed too fast for my liking, and part of his followup post makes me think he's scum too.

Well do tell me what else do I have to say about SB? Its self-explanatory why I voted SB at that point.

If that's the only reason you've voted me there's something wrong. I didn't have a wagon on me yesterday for no reason, it was there because I've made some mistakes, so if the only reason you're voting me is because of me not voting then you're doing something wrong. You just said okay, didn't even try to add anything and that's giving off scum vibes IMO.

##Vote: Marth

SB, think. You had the second highest no. of votes on you last phase, and best of all you haven't done anything really big or new to really not lynch you this phase either. You haven't really changed anything. Instead... you vote me, and if you ask me, I think that's an OMGUS vote you just did, but who am I to judge?

Very well then, my reasoning is pretty much what has already been said- you don't contribute much, but when you do its about setup discussion. Otherwise its just asking others question and nosaying much yourself.

And sure you can vote whoever you like. Its just that certain options wouldn't make you look townie.

I was going to say something asking why people are voting Marth but then I checked votals and noticed that 2/3 votes are BBM and SB, both of which look much worse than Marth so eh.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34602&st=400&p=2100620entry2100620

this is a good point though

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34602&st=400&p=2100624entry2100624

This, however, does nothing to refute what Weapons said.

In fact, BBM's defense seems to be an attack back at Weapons

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34602&st=400&p=2100620entry2100620

Also where the crap is Rapier

First off, Paper, you link to the page instead of the post so I'm not really sure exactly what posts you're linking to. So I'm kinda guessing here.

My defence isn't an attack back at Weapons- if it came off that way that was not my intention. I simply don't understand how his opinion of me changed so much when I had only one post in the middle. I'm also not refuting a lot of what Weapons said about my actions involving Manix because it's true- I did look very indecisive. I'm just trying to give a reason so as to make you guys believe that I'm town and not scum. There's no point disputing the facts- I'm trying to dispute the interpretation of them.

also also I keep forgetting that stss is in this game

Sorry, just moved back in to university I've so been a little busy.

Also, neither BBM's responses or anyone else's actions have given me cause to move my vote. To me it looks like he is just making excuses. And I don't know who he directed that one post towards, but I'm not voting you for trying a new playstyle, I'm voting you because your actions are so scummy.

I don't even agree that the posts of yours Weapons say make you look good at some points, because even though in them you are making good points against Manix, you do nothing about it.

And I don't like how Manix and BBM have a little exchange about BBM focusing so hard on lynching him, because he wasn't(vote wasn't even on manix when that happened). He was only looking like he wanted Manix lynched.

And as for other reads, I don't remember anything about Marth except he wasn't around much. Rapier was also on my list of people both wanting and not wanting to lynch obv!scum Manix. Got a little bit suspicious of Scorri again when she didn't want to vote Manix cause there was more phase left, but since she did contribute to hammer, that mostly went away. My read on SB is weak and unfortunately dependable on my read of certain player who voted him in a poor manner instead of his own actions, but he didn't vote and that is bad. Neither did Shinori(have a vote at phase end) apparently which is also bad.

The different playstyle is in that I was trying not to just keep my vote on the one person I found scummiest the whole phase. So I was trying to prod other people and get something out of them, while still arguing against Manix. If my responses look like excuses, that's because they are excuses. I'm not going to sit here and say that "No, I wasn't flaky in my voting against Manix." because that would be a lie because that's how it looked.

And as for other reads, I don't remember anything about Marth except he wasn't around much. Rapier was also on my list of people both wanting and not wanting to lynch obv!scum Manix. Got a little bit suspicious of Scorri again when she didn't want to vote Manix cause there was more phase left, but since she did contribute to hammer, that mostly went away. My read on SB is weak and unfortunately dependable on my read of certain player who voted him in a poor manner instead of his own actions, but he didn't vote and that is bad. Neither did Shinori(have a vote at phase end) apparently which is also bad.

End-of-Day-2 votals

Serious Bananas 2 (Shinori, Delirium, scorri, Shinori)

I didn't?

30ppp masterrace reporting in.

Ehh, I'm waffling on scum-BBM, actually - certain interactions like Manix trying to paint BBM as suspicious for shitty reasons make me think they weren't working together. I also think BBM would've been less resistant towards a consistent bus on Manix when it was obvious Manix was screwed since IIRC when I was buddies with him in Draft he mentioned wanting to bus me as soon as I drew attention early on.

Marth's #207 is questionable now. Votes potential counterwagon to Manix, but cheerleads Manix while taking both sides wrt Manix and Prims for weak reasons on me - you don't have to agree with my rhetoric but that doesn't make me scum. The cheerleading both sides of an argument is classic scum Marth and churns my gut a lot. Why was scorri a better vote than Manix at that time? Looks possible to me you didn't want to push your buddy's wagon too far ahead.

##Unvote

##Vote: Core

Actually the best lynch for voteparking on Aere then contributing to the Bananas wagon (basically the counterwagon to Manix) when he moved his vote after only lightly touching on Manix. Despite supposedly finding Manix suspicious he never actually DID anything with that for the entire day. Rest of his content is minimal slash nonexistant and this is good grounds for lynching. Letting lurkscum live isn't a good idea.

Still interested in Rapier lynch too, Manix vote came at a time where it was the obvious case and after a long period of lurking I feel like scum would be obligated to bus if they don't want to come under heavy fire the next day. Unvoting in response to self-vote looks inconsistent if Rapier didn't believe Manix's claim previously, how was Manix not just softclaiming scum? And if he was gullible toward Manix's deadline shenanigans then why was he so willing to hammer after bombclaim? Variance in his trust of Manix doesn't make sense from town PoV.

Finally, scorri, why did you stick with Bananas vote over Manix vote at the end of D2? I told you to find which was actually scummier and you never did anything of the sort.