Inception Mafia

Paperblade

I guess what I mean is they're being stubborn on shinori being scum to the point they're making the whole "I don't know anyone's meta so I'm gonna vote people who are ~objectively scummy~" very easy to argue when/if they end up mislynching people because "well they were acting like scum if they would just play differently this wouldn't have happened"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and shinori only seems to be scum to a lot of people because he's been doing nothing and like. doing jack shit isn't a universal scumtell. it's annoying but I don't think the way shinori doing it is scummy.

sorry about the quadruple post, I'm gay

Since Shinori is at L-1,

##Vote: Kay

How much time is left though? I want to look over things and see if I find her scummier than him or not. Also we'd need 2 other people who are willing to lynch Kay.

Since Shinori is at L-1,

How much time is left though? I want to look over things and see if I find her scummier than him or not. Also we'd need 2 other people who are willing to lynch Kay.

70 minutes

Quote, sorry if I missed something, but is anything else pinging you on Refa besides Prims's suspicion and waffling on kirsche?

Manix, I think that's a decent point but doesn't sway me very far on Refa.

Boron, I couldn't check very far back into post references on my phone, but your content looks dece. What do you think of Euklyd now? Also, am I still null at this point?

I'd rather vote Shinori than Refa but he's at L-1 anyway, and I'd really rather vote Kay. Not sure who between Rein and Kay I find scummier because I didn't get a chance to do that reread yet. My activity should be better this weekend (so I'll be able to catch up) and -I think- next week. I feel like I forgot something else. :/

also take this as "I will vote refa no exceptions D3 unless he is modconfirmed town at that point"

final answer

bitch, i might be

I'm sick of this "refa is doing more than shinori so he must be town" bullshit because that's really awful holy shit

who said that

I guess what I mean is they're being stubborn on shinori being scum to the point they're making the whole "I don't know anyone's meta so I'm gonna vote people who are ~objectively scummy~" very easy to argue when/if they end up mislynching people because "well they were acting like scum if they would just play differently this wouldn't have happened"

ugh this bothers me so much. it's like, ok so say someone doesn't know another player's meta. they have three options: read tons of mafia games to find out what the meta is, ask another player, or...look for things that are objectively scummy. the first option is a pain and hardly reasonable, and it's hard to make reads from completed games you weren't a part of (believe me...i've tried). the second is ask another player, but unless you have a very good reason to think that player is town, how are you supposed to know that they're telling the truth or that their meta read is any good (tbf the latter shouldn't really apply to your read on shinori since you've played mafia with him for like forever or something)? so yeah i think the last is the only reasonable option in that scenario. it feels like you're putting way too much focus into meta reads when they shouldn't be the be all and end all of scumhunting. it's like peoples' play can change between games, and honestly if you're town and people are constantly suspecting you of being scum, maybe you should try making some changes? probably would make the game more enjoyable when you're not under constant suspicion!

Lynching Shinori is meh because inactive lynches suck ass

i don't get how shinori is inactive. he's clearly been on at somewhat regular intervals throughout the phase.

Refa is playing badly in a way that has no benefit to scum. I don't see him just dropping all of his votes and going "wait, those were really bad reasons now that I think about it" multiple times when he's already been drawing people's ire with it. I disagree with Manix's case because imo its just capitalizing on bad play with no particular scum intent, like with Refa misreading a few posts and then pressing it as defensiveness. The "if a rolecop and manix both target the same person" is too.

because you can look better when shinori flips and you said he was town when he flips town? and then you can say "I was right" and people might think your reads are better, which has scum intent in that you can more easily persuade people to lynch who you want

Does this ever actually happen? The reverse is true (looking scummy from a townie flip, sometimes) but unless roles then a townie shouldn't look townier from arguing against another one's lynch.
I guess we can lynch Shinori but I think his earlier coasting is pretty much null (see Via's post, he pretty much explained why) but I don't find his content to lean towards town or scum for the most part. Kay's actually scummy to me so I want to lynch her instead.

hey guys I'm not going to be here at deadline because I will be in Spanish Hell

@Refa, I have two things to say to that

One is yeah I know this is horrible self-meta but I'm quitting mafia after this game so I'm very apathetic towards people telling me how I should play since I won't be playing anymore when this is over. Like I can keep it in consideration but I can't do anything with it.

Second, you have to put the context in perspective. I'm bad at explaining myself but I'm sick of people thinking I'm putting so much stock into meta which isn't my point here, what I'm trying to get at is you have to be very careful because people with absolutely no knowledge of peoples' playstyles in a game can make easier cases that way I think. Scum pushed me in anon games all the time because it was easy. Yeah it's the only thing they can do, but you have to be aware of this kind of thing. I'm not saying Furet/j00 are scum for it (although I think j00 is scummy for other reasons, furet is Whatever), I'm saying it can be super easy for one of them to say "yeah shinori is doing nothing doing nothing is scummy" just objectively right off the bat and I don't know where else I was going with this and I'm probably beating a dead horse but I just want you to understand me

I'd be willing to vote Kay but like I said I won't be here in 40 minutes so..................

but yeah my point is I'm not trying to put all my stock in meta stop saying that I don't care what your brain says my brain says you are wrong

are you guys gonna have enough votes to hammer Kay without me because I don't know when you guys wanted to end this day and yeah

also yeah ok I'll admit a lot of my Prims case was meta, I was wrong about Prims because I'm gay and he was acting a lot like he did in that one anon game whatever it was called, but stop treating like all of my cases are built on meta because they are not ALL built on just meta and I'm so sick of hearing that shit

Kay is at 5; if someone votes Kay I'd basically have to move to Kay for consolidation. Kay hasn't been appearing obvtown to me and I'd rather avoid a NL.

I would rather avoid lynching Shinori but like my gutread + you guys saying he's town is making e doubt myself there so I don't even know.

It'd take someone + me to lynch Kay.