My Little Pony Month

Randoman

So since it's the year of the horse according to the Chinese zodiac (which is close enough to a pony) and season 4 of My Little Pony is almost reaching its finale, I thought it'd be fitting to have a My Little Pony event here on Serenes Forest. Anyways, the general idea is we have the My Little Pony fans on Serenes Forest use avatars/sigs that are My Little Pony related for the month of May. So who's interested in joining in?

Also, feel free to use this thread for general My Little Pony discussion.

Also, to any mods reading this, please don't move this to FFtF if possible. I don't want this thread to get too derailed from My Little Pony haters.

Edited by Randoman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

inb4 this becomes a Favorite of the Mane6 poll thread

I'm happy with Season 4 TBH (though I haven't watched any episodes since 21 though...man I'm falling behind).

Equestria Games comes out in 2 days though. Get Hype!

I gotta catch up on watching this series as soon as everything gets settled. Same thing with the comics.

With that said, I'm sure I could find a few S4 episodes floating around YouTube.

I had an easier time on Dailymotion for episodes released farther back, and Youtube for more recently released episodes. Hasbro likes pulling videos from Youtube (though there's some vids that have quiet commentators behind them that are approved).

This reminds me the long wait for the Spanish dub of S4 to begin airing... I think the last I heard it's until mid-May. Ah well, in English for now, Spanish later.

So who's interested in joining in?

Oh yea. I reactivated Signatures because of 2 things, and this is one of them. /in when I can find something I feel like using

Also, feel free to use this thread for general My Little Pony discussion.

Ok. Thoughts on Season 4?

You guys/girls don't have to sit out on the "My Little Pony sigs and avatars" event just because you're not up to date with season 4. =/

If you're too lazy to make/find one, I'll even provide you with sigs/avatars of My Little Pony if you want. I'll do what I have to so this event doesn't flop as badly as my 20th Anniversary of CD-I Zelda Event.

You might as well have it in November-December because of Sagittarius

Ah. You got a point there. Though since I doubt season 5 or any new My Little Pony episodes/movies would be released then, I thought doing this event near season 4's finale would be the most sensible thing to do.

I've been needing a change of theme and, for some reason, I've never done MLP.

Until now.

Wow, that's a really pretty Luna avatar. Do you happen to have a link to the original artwork?

On a side note, were you wanting to use Fluttershy but I already took her? I can change to Lyra or Bulge Biceps if you want, though there isn't really anything wrong with 2 people using the same pony.

/in when I can find something I feel like using

Ok. Thoughts on Season 4?

Now I feel like posting a bunch of Twilight Sparkle pictures just to get you in on this.

I'm enjoying it quite a lot, and I like how they've addressed complaints like the cutie mark crusaders taking away too much attention from the mane six (they fixed it by always including one of the mane six in the cutie mark crusaders episodes) and Luna not getting enough screen time (the intro alone fixed that up quite a lot). I also really like the episodes where each of the mane six get their "key" with it revolving around the trait they encompass, especially Pinkie Pie's (I really hope they bring back Cheese Sandwich in a future episode). Oh yes, and Bulge Biceps playing a big part in Rainbow Dash's "key" episode really made my day ("P is for Rainbow Dash!! I mean, never mind!!"). I hope they give Lyra an episode like that in the future, where she plays a rather significant role throughout the episode.

I was actually planning on using this as my sig:

flutter_bee_gif_by_dnftt2011-d78n89m.gif

But I thought it'd be a bit too much and people would get the wrong idea, especially after that incident with the Human Fluttershy avatar I used with everyone thinking the sleeve was... something else.

On a side note, were you wanting to use Fluttershy but I already took her? I can change to Lyra or Bulge Biceps if you want, though there isn't really anything wrong with 2 people using the same pony.

Now I feel like posting a bunch of Twilight Sparkle pictures just to get you in on this.

I'd be all for that, just spoiler them. Few other ponies matters anyway, so yea

I'm enjoying it quite a lot, and I like how they've addressed complaints like the cutie mark crusaders taking away too much attention from the mane six (they fixed it by always including one of the mane six in the cutie mark crusaders episodes) and Luna not getting enough screen time (the intro alone fixed that up quite a lot). I also really like the episodes where each of the mane six get their "key" with it revolving around the trait they encompass, especially Pinkie Pie's (I really hope they bring back Cheese Sandwich in a future episode). Oh yes, and Bulge Biceps playing a big part in Rainbow Dash's "key" episode really made my day ("P is for Rainbow Dash!! I mean, never mind!!"). I hope they give Lyra an episode like that in the future, where she plays a rather significant role throughout the episode.

The Cheese Sandwich just seemed like the most filler of filler episodes though, to me. Lyra is too background pony, just like Bonbon. Cheerilee is at least active for the CMC, so that's why she got her own episodes here and there (and basic feature in Discord's debute). Would always approve of more Trixie though, as she could easily be developed more and more.

But I thought it'd be a bit too much and people would get the wrong idea, especially after that incident with the Human Fluttershy avatar I used with everyone thinking the sleeve was... something else.

You mean that wasn't a pringle?

AAANYYYYWAYYYYY

I liked Dave Polsky's episodes. Rarity takes Manehattan and Daring Don't. He brought Luna back with Sweetie Belle too in uhh, For whom the Sweetie Belle Tolls, and that was handled so so well.

TBH I haven't been a big fan of Rainbow Dash at all, but Season 4 expanded on her quite a bit, with the Equestria Games being a subArc throughout every couple of episodes. She never got /that/ much development, but watching her actually try to achieve a goal slowly over the course of all 4 seasons, and having that goal built up since Season 1, was a surprise that hit me. I didn't think they'd actually cover the Equestria Games and Wonderbolts beyond bits and pieces.

Applejack fell to the wayside (again) in terms of development, but I guess there isn't much more to explain, because she got a lot of action in Season ?2?, when she ran away, and well, Applebucking Season and all.

I'm really interested in the ending for S4. Twilight's got a lot going for her in terms of character. Not as much development, since it's hit or miss, and filler episodes don't do much for her, but you could almost make a miniseries just out of the Season Premieres/Finales and cut -ALL- the filler out. Equestria Games and S4 Finale, I'm still stoked for.

Speaking of Season 4, I'd say I've quite liked it so far, looking forward for it's ending. Although I'd say, there are some moments that just makes me go... well, not quite a negative thing about it, just, a questioning one. Like for example, the premises of Daring Don't and Power Ponies. Like, the former seems a little hole-puncturing, and the latter a little overboard for it's message.

Hey Acacia, do you want me to find you a Dischord avatar to match your sig?

I'd be all for that, just spoiler them. Few other ponies matters anyway, so yea

Alright, I'll see what I can find. You're alright with humanized Twilight Sparkle pics, right?

I liked Dave Polsky's episodes. Rarity takes Manehattan and Daring Don't. He brought Luna back with Sweetie Belle too in uhh, For whom the Sweetie Belle Tolls, and that was handled so so well.

TBH I haven't been a big fan of Rainbow Dash at all, but Season 4 expanded on her quite a bit, with the Equestria Games being a subArc throughout every couple of episodes. She never got /that/ much development, but watching her actually try to achieve a goal slowly over the course of all 4 seasons, and having that goal built up since Season 1, was a surprise that hit me. I didn't think they'd actually cover the Equestria Games and Wonderbolts beyond bits and pieces.

Applejack fell to the wayside (again) in terms of development, but I guess there isn't much more to explain, because she got a lot of action in Season ?2?, when she ran away, and well, Applebucking Season and all.

I'm really interested in the ending for S4. Twilight's got a lot going for her in terms of character. Not as much development, since it's hit or miss, and filler episodes don't do much for her, but you could almost make a miniseries just out of the Season Premieres/Finales and cut -ALL- the filler out. Equestria Games and S4 Finale, I'm still stoked for.

I really liked that Luna and Sweetie Bell episode as well, especially since it finally addressed how Luna feels about being in Celestia's shadow after the Nightmare Moon incident, yet her acknowledging that Celestia isn't doing it to hurt her.

I've never really been a Rainbow Dash fan. I don't hate her, but her arrogance can get quite grating and she's definitely my least favourite of the mane six.

I'm really wondering what's in that chest with the 6 locks. Maybe the other 5 will become princesses as well? (that'd be too much, though) Or maybe it's something for the abandoned castle from the Nightmare Moon battle that'll change it to Twilight Sparkle's castle? I'm quite stumped on what could possibly be in it.

You mean that wasn't a pringle?

For the last time, it's a sleeve!! I've even got the original pic that I made the avatar from as proof!!

...sorry for that outburst. I still have the experiences from this thread stuck in my head (though I'll admit, it's my own fault for making a thread that was practically guaranteed to backfire on me).

I'm not that perverted of a person, and I'd never risk a bad/warn by using an avatar/sig that's explicit enough to show those kind of body parts.

Wow, that's a really pretty Luna avatar. Do you happen to have a link to the original artwork?

9g6VzJw.png

I don't have a source, though, because this was saved on my hard drive from a while ago.

I wasn't planning on using anyone in particular, so it's fine.

Alright, I'll see what I can find. You're alright with humanized Twilight Sparkle pics, right?

I don't mind; whatever, really. Just, not Equestria Girls humanized Twi. That's...i dunno, too BRATZ'sy

I really liked that Luna and Sweetie Bell episode as well, especially since it finally addressed how Luna feels about being in Celestia's shadow after the Nightmare Moon incident, yet her acknowledging that Celestia isn't doing it to hurt her.

Yea. I liked that episode more for the Luna development that happened with about ten minutes of screentime, than the focus on Sweetie Belle altogether (because we can already assume that she's jealous of her sister for being gr8mazing)

I've never really been a Rainbow Dash fan. I don't hate her, but her arrogance can get quite grating and she's definitely my least favourite of the mane six.

Yea, I'm not a big fan of her too (bottom tier IMO, just like you), but I can acknowledge the plot involvement she's shoved with as good at least. Srsly. EQUESTRIA GAMES

I'm really wondering what's in that chest with the 6 locks. Maybe the other 5 will become princesses as well? (that'd be too much, though) Or maybe it's something for the abandoned castle from the Nightmare Moon battle that'll change it to Twilight Sparkle's castle? I'm quite stumped on what could possibly be in it.

My thoughts are that the old castle that Celestia pointed Twi to is going to somehow become hers, rather than the ruins of Nightmare Moon's castle (which wasn't really her castle, but seemed more like a shrine or something)

For the last time, it's a sleeve!! I've even got the original pic that I made the avatar from as proof!!

...sorry for that outburst. I still have the experiences from this thread stuck in my head (though I'll admit, it's my own fault for making a thread that was practically guaranteed to backfire on me).

I'm not that perverted of a person, and I'd never risk a bad/warn by using an avatar/sig that's explicit enough to show those kind of body parts.

I'm just messing with you :P

Hey Acacia, do you want me to find you a Dischord avatar to match your sig?

Nah, I'm good with just the sig.

My thoughts are that the old castle that Celestia pointed Twi to is going to somehow become hers, rather than the ruins of Nightmare Moon's castle (which wasn't really her castle, but seemed more like a shrine or something)

Wait, NM had a castle?

Wait, NM had a castle?

Well it's more like:

The castle that they beat up Nightmare Moon in, was Celestia+Luna's old castle from wayback. Luna became NM, and NM destroyed a lot of it, which is why it's abandoned. I just view it as a shrine since it's not really considered a castle anymore, due to it being in ruin. So...I mean, in a way, it was hers, in that it was Luna's to share back in the day.

Edited by Elieson

Well it's more like:

The castle that they beat up Nightmare Moon in, was Celestia+Luna's old castle from wayback. Luna became NM, and NM destroyed a lot of it, which is why it's abandoned. I just view it as a shrine since it's not really considered a castle anymore, due to it being in ruin. So...I mean, in a way, it was hers, in that it was Luna's to share back in the day.

I know of that castle. It's just that it confuses me your mention of a second castle. At least, I don't remember that part.

Or maybe it's something for the abandoned castle from the Nightmare Moon battle that'll change it to Twilight Sparkle's castle? I'm quite stumped on what could possibly be in it.

Naw, I'm just refering to this. Sry >.>

9g6VzJw.png

I don't have a source, though, because this was saved on my hard drive from a while ago.

I wasn't planning on using anyone in particular, so it's fine.

Thanks!!

Okay. I just wanted to make sure since I've seen you post many times that Fluttershy is your favourite pony, and I didn't want to be selfish.

I don't mind; whatever, really. Just, not Equestria Girls humanized Twi. That's...i dunno, too BRATZ'sy

Yea, I'm not a big fan of her too (bottom tier IMO, just like you), but I can acknowledge the plot involvement she's shoved with as good at least. Srsly. EQUESTRIA GAMES

I'm just messing with you :P

If only I knew what I was getting myself into when I said I'd see if I could find you some Twilight Sparkle avatar material. Searching Fluttershy pictures didn't get me nearly as many dirty or suggestive pics as Twilight Sparkle. I thought for sure Fluttershy would've had more dirty/suggestive pictures of her than Twilight.

Anyways, I'll have a lot more to filter through than I thought.

Well, I definitely wouldn't stick Rainbow Dash on the same level as Diamond Tiara or Trixie. I mean, it's not like her selfishness goes to that extreme of a level.

Yeah, that makes sense. Season 4 has been using that castle a lot, so it's only fitting that the castle plays a big role in the finale.

Ah, good to know. Either way, I really want to find a different humanized Fluttershy fanart that's just as/more cute than that one and not as explicit looking that I could use as an avatar.

If only I knew what I was getting myself into when I said I'd see if I could find you some Twilight Sparkle avatar material. Searching Fluttershy pictures didn't get me nearly as many dirty or suggestive pics as Twilight Sparkle. I thought for sure Fluttershy would've had more dirty/suggestive pictures of her than Twilight.

Anyways, I'll have a lot more to filter through than I thought.

Yea...even google doesn't manage to hide all the NSFW pics under plain ol' general searches. IT'S TERRIBLE!

Yea...even google doesn't manage to hide all the NSFW pics under plain ol' general searches. IT'S TERRIBLE!

Well, I haven't seen anything too explicit yet. The worst I've seen so far is Twilight Sparkle's rear being accentuated in some of the fanart and some pretty suggestive outfits on her.

Anyways, I'll post what I've dug up so far before I head to work:

twilight_sparkle-1024x640.jpg

250px-Twilight-Sparkle.png

twilight_sparkle_11_by_xpesifeindx-d5jzk

twilight_sparkle_love_face_by_ultimateul

mlp_gakusei___twilight_sparkle_by_fenrix

twilight-sparkle-429-640x400.jpg

I happened to see the topic, I don't use to post but, meh, why not?

I changed my avatar (goodbye Nagisa D=) to my favourite pony, The Great and Powerful Trixie.

From the mane six my favourite one is Fluttershy, I also like twilight a lot and Pinkie when does something funny, which is like everytime she is in screen.

Uh, and I love the CMC, so I'm really happy with season 4.

I always try to watch the episodes the same day they are released, even if I'm not good at english (the spanish dub sucks anyway, imo).

Most of my friends don't like MLP, the only one of my friends that does like MLP is my boyfriend, he introduced me to the series before season 3 and since then we watch the new episodes together.

So I watched Season 4 Episode 24, and it was quite a nice episode (and the diary entry/lesson was a pretty relevant one, seeing how so many people nowadays beat up on and think badly of themselves despite all the good they've done). Spike singing the Cloudsdale anthem (or trying to) was so cringeworthy and ridiculous. XD

I can't wait for Episode 25 & 26. It's going to be epic. =D