I swear, Mike being revealed for SSB4 is making every thread in the subforum an argument.

ZemZem

@Ana I think the reason is that your posts are always so forceful. They give me the impression you're trying to be the centre of attention, though obviously you're not, and they do attract attention. Not to mention their sheer volume; even if you didn't start it, you have 3x more posts than anyone else in the Mike reaction thread, so it's natural that people will associate them with you. If you can tone it down, you won't get into so many arguments.

Yeah, you're right. I really should tone it down sometimes. I'm glad you don't think I'm just trying to be the center of attention, because I really am not, I swear. Just some things really get me upset, like being called biased every time the debate is about something I'm fond of. I admit, I probably do have a little bias, but for the most part, I do NOT let it cloud my judgement.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what the real crime is? How they could POSSIBLY choose Ike over everyone's favorite priest Moulder

So is it bad I dislike both extremes of the Mike spectrum?

now you've done it, you've crossed the line

So is it bad I dislike both extremes of the Mike spectrum?

No, don't worry, SOC. I rather dislike both now too, believe it or not. I've also been a little too hard on you, by the way. I believe I misinterpreted some of what you've been saying to me in the many times you called me out on things. But I think I understand now. I still hate how I'm so slow on this a lot, but yeah.

I admit. I'm hard-headed, stubborn, too vocal sometimes, and too blunt at times. I need to tone that down.

Just please, try to keep it going. You have said you wanted to change every so often, but I've found that you haven't changed that much after you have said this before. You are better then when you originally came here, though. You don't have to like me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apparently everyone is tired of hearing a certain blue-haired mercenary's name in the SSB board and they blame only me even though I wasn't the only person making threads related to him. I actually only made ONE thread. I AM partly at fault for this, though, and I apologize. I never thought that things would go this far.

But I've definitely learned my lesson. No more talking so much about my favorite things. I mean it. I don't care if this is FFtF, I damn well mean it. Because jokes like this Mike thing are just annoying. And people have voiced that my talking has made them like these things less. I don't want people to like them less, I want them to like them MORE. If possible. If not, oh well.

You don't have to "stop talking about your favorite things", it just annoys people when you make some of the assertions that you do. You should be happy...liking what you like. Why do you feel the need to push the importance or value of those things onto others or make statements that couldn't be considered more than opinion and treat them as fact?

Saying "Mike is more important to the series than Chrom" - what does that accomplish? You're just going to annoy other fans. I've seen you get into arguments with people who don't like Mike or think other characters are better/"more important", so why are you doing the same thing if you don't like it? People don't get mad at you because you talk about stuff you like, they get mad at you because you talk about it in a way that is basically challenging someone to argue with you lol.

As for the Mike thing, I did that to make the Mike drama a joke instead of a pointlessly heated debate, it had nothing to do with you specifically. Call it creative moderating....lol.

edit: ahaha, i can't even take my own post seriously because of the filter

Edited by Tangerine

I kind of just watched the whole debacle unfold, but when that Link vs. lke happened, I was like, oh come now, seriously?

This is similar to how another, more iconic gaming character ended up getting hated.

I see, but one thing I still don't understand is how some of the things I said aren't fact.

Like that importance thing. RFoF even said I could make a reasonable argument on that. But I probably could have used nicer wording. I never meant to say or imply that it's a fact that Mike is better (I can't take this Mike thing seriously either btw) and that Chrom sucks or anything. I know that's just an opinion. xP

And I thought the joke was my fault, but I guess not. Thanks for clearing that up. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I see, but one thing I still don't understand is how some of the things I said aren't fact.

Like that importance thing. RFoF even said I could make a reasonable argument on that. But I probably could have used nicer wording. I never meant to say or imply that it's a fact that Mike is better (I can't take this Mike thing seriously either btw) and that Chrom sucks or anything. I know that's just an opinion. xP

It's probably because they tend to be a subjective thing - what determines whether a character is more "important" or not? There are many lords that could possibly be "important", does it matter that Dwight D. Eisenhower has been in more than one game? I don't know, maybe. Should it be measured on game sales? Dunno.

If you prefix some of the things that you're presenting as "facts" with "I think" or "I feel", you'd be surprised by how many less people would get upset with you.

Edited by Tryhard

It's probably because they tend to be a subjective thing - what determines whether a character is more "important" or not? There are many lords that could possibly be "important", does it matter that Dwight D. Eisenhower has been in more than one game? I don't know, maybe. Should it be measured on game sales? Dunno.

If you prefix some of the things that you're presenting as "facts" with "I think" or "I feel", you'd be surprised by how many less people would get upset with you.

Oh, I see. I'll use "I think" or "I feel" more often then. You're right, that would definitely make my arguments sound less...well, upsetting.

Edited by Anacybele

Not long, it has done its job already! Mike has been a very useful tool in the fight against Mike drama.

Praise Mike, Tang's ninja.

Now Tang's conquest goes unchallenged.