Shovel Knight Anonymafia - Game Over

Prims

What Propeller said about Plague's read on King/Tinker is actually making me second-guess my townread. Mafia has a lack of air pressure that causes it to draw matter towards itself.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hooooooooooo I dont like that I'm scumreading both Black and Polar and Black defended Polar after I voted him for "just having appeared," and also said this about Polar:

- Polar seems like a cool dude, I'm really liking the attention and level of analysis. Of course, good play isn't always townplay, but I get a real feeling that they want to get the game rolling in a good direction.

first of all I'd argue about the level of attention Polar is giving the game, especially recently, and

secondly "of course good play isn't always townplay" is an unnecessary comment to make if you read him as town anyway??

I'm trying to LOOK FORTHE POST I WAS LOOKING FOR BUT I CAN'T FIND IT and now I'm scared that I dreamed it up or something

[spoiler=Re:removing a townread]

Since this logic is getting this much coverage at this point of the game, let me add that it's completely wrong. If I were scum being townread over a blatantly bad reason early in the game, I would make sure to point it out, and in fact would make sure to point it out before anybody else. The townread is going to get disputed by somebody else anyways because the reasons for it are bad, so I might as well be the one to dispute it so that I'd look town for good play.

THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE. THIS IS WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO. I FOUND IT

what do you mean by that though

because if you're referring to what I think you're referring to, someone else basically said the same thing??

ftr I think both Tinker and King are town, I don't know what I said about Plague's read on them that was scummy but whatever

It's affecting my read on Plague, not King/Tinker. Specifically, the part about scum doing things to look town made me realise Plague's logic isn't as sound as I thought it was.

I saw what Specter said before, but it didn't convince me because I don't think King's reasoning was bad.

Very Official Votals

Tinker Knight (3) - Specter Knight, Mole Knight, King Knight

Mole Knight (2) - Plague Knight, Treasure Knight

Plague Knight (1) - Black Knight

Polar Knight (1) - Propeller Knight

Propeller Knight (1) - Polar Knight

Treasure Knight (1) - Tinker Knight

Not Voting (0): None!

You have 20 hours and 5 minutes left in the phase. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

I'm somewhat mad right now, semi gamerelated rant.

[spoiler=Salt]

Also, I don't think it's 100% that they're the same alignment, and I wouldn't push a lynch for that reason alone. Nothing is certain in mafia and new information should always cause you to reevaluate reads.

I have no idea why people are still going on about my same alignment shit like I'm gonna die on my sword over this and go "Well King flipped town Tinker must be town time to turn my brain off!"

This is actually something I've seen multiple times in this game and not just directed at me, "oh good play could still be coming from scum!" yeah no shit, so what? If you're going to dismiss every protown thing someone does as MAYBESCUMTRYINGTOGETTOWNCREDIT you're never going to get anywhere. It needs to be analyzed in context with the rest of their actions, including things that haven't happened yet, but you don't just write stuff off as neutral because it might come from scum. This shit is game losing because what ends happening is people dismiss protown things people do as MAYBE THEY WERE TOWN CREDITING and lynch them over people who have done nothing for town

Does that mean my read is infallible? No. I even said it wasn't, I didn't think it was infallible when I first posted it, but it was Page 2 of Day 1.

/salt

I don't find Plague scummy for avoiding the slapfight between me and BK earlygame. I saw it as someone just waiting for the tension to cool down to avoid potentially making it worse. In fact I find it better that they said something about it instead of ignoring it completely--I know they didn't provide any reason for avoiding it at first but at least mentioned they wouldn't touch it "right now," implying they would later when we calmed down. This was right after BK posted the frustrated post addressed to me, so I don't really find issues with this.

ding ding ding we have a winner

Treasure:

It's affecting my read on Plague, not King/Tinker. Specifically, the part about scum doing things to look town made me realise Plague's logic isn't as sound as I thought it was.

Does bad logic make me scum?

Polar's latest content is weird since he says this

Care to explain where my reads are wrong? I mean, it's a Mafia game, why are you avoiding a rebuttal against my reads?

Then later is dittoing this comment about King to me when I was his scumread before

Don't see how effort by itself amounts to towness, but I agree KK seems town since he tries to develop the discussion at hand as much as he can, which is beneficial for the town.

Which would make me think he thinks I'm town now but has said nothing on it?

##Unvote, ##Vote: Polar Knight

Treasure again:

@Plague; why don't you like my other reads?

Because I don't see scum intent from either player of BK and being wrong or angry or whatever is just that: whatever. It's not protown (moreso the first incarnation because I didn't want to comment on the player's play not helping town because I felt he'd just flip out more and I don't want to deal with that) but it's not scummy, really? Black's vote is dumb and wrong but I don't think it comes from mafia

Maybe I'm being too lenient with them. I'm also thinking I'm wrong about who it is but whatever that's what I get for trying to meta an anon game TOO BAD I'M DOING IT TO PROPELLER TOO #YOLO

I don't see how Tinker is scummy, at all. Yeah it sucks that he voted a guy that subbed out but subbing out doesn't remove the actions of the previous person, good or bad. You're still the same role with the same alignment.

Treasure:

Does bad logic make me scum?

It doesn't, hence why I'm not scumreading you. If anything, you're null, leaning town because of the Polar interaction.

I don't believe you thought your King/Tinker read was infallible, and so weren't trying to deceive anyone with it.

Treasure again:

Because I don't see scum intent from either player of BK and being wrong or angry or whatever is just that: whatever. It's not protown (moreso the first incarnation because I didn't want to comment on the player's play not helping town because I felt he'd just flip out more and I don't want to deal with that) but it's not scummy, really? Black's vote is dumb and wrong but I don't think it comes from mafia

Maybe I'm being too lenient with them. I'm also thinking I'm wrong about who it is but whatever that's what I get for trying to meta an anon game TOO BAD I'M DOING IT TO PROPELLER TOO #YOLO

I don't see how Tinker is scummy, at all. Yeah it sucks that he voted a guy that subbed out but subbing out doesn't remove the actions of the previous person, good or bad. You're still the same role with the same alignment.

Black #2's case is bad because he implied you were eager to discuss the Black #1/Propeller scuffle, when you weren't. He also hasn't given me a straight answer as to what the "contemporary topics" are that you were avoiding.

For Tinker, my problem is not that he is scumreading my previous player, but:

1) He hasn't made it clear if he is scumreading me as well

2) He was suspicious of my previous player while he was around, but didn't vote until after I had subbed in

You said you felt worse about me than Propeller/King/Tinker/Black, but are you actually scumreading me?

Oh right you said that list was like, people you weren't townreading or something didn't you

As to your question, I'm not sure, I think it could go either way right now. Nothing is overtly wrong but in a way that it makes me cautious.

You're probably about the same as Black right now since I'm waffling on Black. Which is the same level as Spectre, I guess.

@Propeller & Treasure I'm reading the exchange between #201 and #208 for the fourth time or so and I still don't really understand what's going on there, could one of you clarify?

Also yes I probably mixed up Treasure and Plague earlier, my memory is great.

I haven't been getting anything solid from the posts since I left so I'll probably read ISOs at some point, I think there's a bit over 12 hours left?

@Plague; do you see scum intent in my actions or not? It's really not a question that you can "go either way" on. (I am going somewhere with this).

@Specter; Propeller thought I was talking about my King/Tinker reads in #201, and was (I think) wondering why the quote in #206 hadn't changed my mind.

For Tinker, my problem is not that he is scumreading my previous player, but:

1) He hasn't made it clear if he is scumreading me as well

2) He was suspicious of my previous player while he was around, but didn't vote until after I had subbed in

You said you felt worse about me than Propeller/King/Tinker/Black, but are you actually scumreading me?

1) how is me not mentioning whether I am scum reading your slot a problem?

2) I was waiting for his response came after I became busy with other things

and why does it matter if Plague is scum reading you or not?

regarding what I think of your slot, I thought your predecessor, who if I am right about his identity is very busy in real life and subbing out makes sense for him, and I was not scum reading you, until you being overeager to find out whether a person is scum reading you or not.

ok, thank you for clarifying that was my major concern with the matter. like i wasn't sure if you were convinced that they were the same alignment and i missed something or more importantly you were gonna use that as a basis for a case on either of them.

heya Black Knight, what did you think of this post by Mole Knight?

About Mole Knight, it is surprising how his reads conflict with each other like matter and antimatter, effectively nulifying themselves upon interaction, leaving him with completely null reads. It is fine to say you're having issues developing a case in ED1, but your reads should at least have some consistency, even if it is ED1 consistency. The way he takes a step further, then steps back, makes me feel he's playing defensively, poking everyone he can at the same time at the same time he claims these people's actions are fine just because it is ED1. You ping my radar.

Polar Knight, could you explain what you meant by conflicting reads?

Could you also tell us what you think of the case on Mole Knight by Treasure Knight?

Which would make me think he thinks I'm town now but has said nothing on it?

I get that Polar Knight was scum reading you, but, even if he does not mention anything about it, why does it matter?

What do you intend to do with the answers to those questions when consolidation is right around the corner?

What are your reads on the rest of the game and why is Treasure the one you want to burn at the stake over the rest?

What do you intend to do with the answers to those questions when consolidation is right around the corner?

What are your reads on the rest of the game and why is Treasure the one you want to burn at the stake over the rest?

Try to find scum before consolidation. I am reading half the game as either town on meta and null leaning town on the other half based on the same reasons. The only one I am not is Treasure Knight

Mole Knight's thought process seemed a whole lot like something someone town would think. I do not think he was scum for having null reads. The questioning of Plague Knight did not bother me either, because Plague Knight explaining the point may not have made sense to a lot of people. I do not find his reads post to be weird either, other than the fact that it slightly lacks commitment, but not really that much of an issue. The only post that bothered me was the one I quoted in my previous post.

1) how is me not mentioning whether I am scum reading your slot a problem?

2) I was waiting for his response came after I became busy with other things

1) Whether you are scumreading my content or just my predecessor's. Please read my posts more carefully.

2) Well, it's sure convenient he subbed out, eh? Now answer the actual point I addressed to you.

Tinker needs to explain why at the time of this post he felt his vote was best left on Mole for RVS.

and why does it matter if Plague is scum reading you or not?

Because then I can probably judge his jumping to the conclusion that I was scumreading him before.

regarding what I think of your slot, I thought your predecessor, who if I am right about his identity is very busy in real life and subbing out makes sense for him, and I was not scum reading you, until you being overeager to find out whether a person is scum reading you or not.

I don't know who you are, but that player was not a regular here. You may well know him from outside SFMafia, but while you're being coy about it the meta point is useless.

Why is that particular post of Mole's the one that bothers you? You ask Black for an opinion without offering one of your own, why is that?

You also don't elaborate on your thoughts on my case on Mole, but since said me being overeager was the only thing making you scumread my content, and you didn't choose to interrogate me personally, I can only assume you're trying to discredit me without "getting your hands dirty".

You really need to do better than that.

Sorry, I kind of sort of fell asleep assuming that I had more than enough time to make a post (but now there are like 4 hours left ;/). I remember my basic thoughts being that I wasn't sure what to make of Artic Knight's post (but that someone made a decent point about his tone that would make my reads more like Tinker Knight > Mole Knight > Artic Knight = Black Knight), and skimming through now I don't really like how Black Knight sort of disappeared (yes, I'm being hypocritical here, but it feels like there was a lot more that he needed to answer for that he just sort of didn't). Elaborating on everything now.

Tinker Knight should really claim.

Alright, I will admit that you play better than your predecessor and unlike your predecessor, you are not sitting on the fence. My earlier case on you does not exist, but, your slot still bothers me. While your predecessor started bothering me, you bother me too, but in a different way. Your entire play seemed like you were more interested in defending your one read against the opinion of other players, thinking Mole Knight is not scummy. You did not try to get something out of Mole Knight. Your play also seems like you are interested to want to be town read by others. Both of these things should not be coming from someone who is town.

Why should I elaborate on what I think on a post, if I can get a read on someone else using it first?

and King Knight, I am not claiming just yet.