Shovel Knight Anonymafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@King Mole has been voting Tinker since yesterday before that sports game.

exactly

what you are saying is wrong King Knight

also, should you not go and read his post before actually voting him?

There was certainly time for Black to post more than what he did between #126 and #237 which is what I was referring to with the dip in activity, mafia often get complacent when they're being townread or left alone and decide to coast by on minimum effort.

Correcting this to #134 to #237 for the sake of accuracy. There were 16 hours and he only posted once in between, then happened to appear again just as the votes stacked on him.

I voted him for consolidation because I thought the phase was ending in half an hour (and previously I voted him before he made that wall of text).

Re: Mole Knight

-Uh, so I don't think I've ever seen him make such a detailed explanation of his scumread as scum. It actually annoyed me earlier because I thought he was just coming up with an excuse to not vote Tinker despite that, but that was just me being dumb. I don't really agree with it, but at least I can get where he's coming from.

-Actually, he does bring up some points on Polar Knight that I can agree with. Basically it's the same as my earlier issues with him; Polar Knight had a good reason to scumread him (and even brought up in his first post that he was leaning scum on Mole Knight) but the read somehow changed to a null read despite his opinion not really changing? Also agree with his issues with Polar Knight's Propeller Knight case.

Conclusion: So I uh, don't actually think Mole Knight makes sense as scum anymore. #180sThatCouldHaveBeenAvoidedIfIHadRead. I mean, I've been scum with him a few times (full disclosure, this is part of the reason why I was so bothered with a lot of his earlier waffles because he tends to do that a lot as scum) and unless he's suddenly become the master of mafia, I really can't see this coming from Scum!Him. My only problem is that I figured Black Knight was bussing him based on his switch over to Mole Knight (like his explanation seemed like a really easy vote, but I feel like he'd have justified himself more if he knew it was a mislynch), so I'm not quite sure who makes sense as a buddy for him at this point. Maybe Polar Knight? Noone else really makes sense as scum anymore.

I don't agree with the conclusion, especially after your replies. The "I can get where he's coming from" refers to how I had similar reads on you myself (in particular, his issues with your Treasure vote, you ignoring a good deal of the game to focus on Treasure, and your refusal to elaborate on your content...although I never really agreed with the last one, because I agree it is scummy, which is why I don't see scum blatantly admitting to doing that).

I get that Polar Knight was scum reading you, but, even if he does not mention anything about it, why does it matter?

'Cause it's weird for him to switch from a scumread to a null/town read without really explaining why.

mole

so outside of that part, i still have some problems with what you've done. particularly this "Why should i elaborate on what i think on a post, if i can get a read on someone else using it first?"

etc. etc. on this paragraph it's long

I don't think this is a scummy thing to do, I do it all the time. The benefit is it doesn't give the other person something to work with for an opinion and thus makes them give something more genuine.

I feel like BK has really weird reading comprehension. This is probably just something about the player, but his whole attitude bugs me, since people have pointed out he's misreading things and he doesn't seem to acknowledge that at all and just stubbornly sticks to it. This isn't the sort of player I want around at LYLO.

King

I'm just so frustrated by Black Knight's case on me at this point (not only does he misinterpret a lot of my actions, but several of his replies to me are basically smearing my content; like I'll admit I could've been more clear about my scumreads, but I don't see how my priorities are inconsistent at all or how I've shown no commitment to my reads or how my reasons are incredibly weak and now I'm apparently trying to buy people off with promises of consolidation and it's like I can't do this anymore) and it's actively hurting my ability to read him. I'd like other people to comment on his push on me, but I'm probably going to leave it at this.

I understand that feel bro

holy shit what the fuck did i miss

same ;_;

i know i should probably post like actual content, but i'm really not in the mood right now. real life is kinda pissing me off right now. i'm hoping this weekend will change things, but atm i just don't feel like playing mafia. i'm gonna try but just don't be too judgmental on the effort for the rest of the phase.

There was certainly time for Black to post more than what he did between #126 and #237 which is what I was referring to with the dip in activity, mafia often get complacent when they're being townread or left alone and decide to coast by on minimum effort.

I'm happy with my vote after seeing his reaction since he appeared to be really annoyed at being put in the spotlight.

I actually took more issue with King's casing than being in any particular spotlight, perhaps because my audience was only one person! Whilst I can appreciate King's frustration, his change in reads definitely caught my attenton. Some of the points may have been bad, and I did make a few leaps of logic, but I feel that the cries of slander and mudslinging aren't quite there.

I'm still rather baffled by King's turnaround of Mole, but I guess the latest post helps? I'm still not sure where the initial scumread came from, I can't find much mention of anything in the iso. One thing I might like to mention is that if I have no logical scumbuddy, either I'm not talking to them or, shock horror, I might not even have one!

I feel like BK has really weird reading comprehension. This is probably just something about the player, but his whole attitude bugs me, since people have pointed out he's misreading things and he doesn't seem to acknowledge that at all and just stubbornly sticks to it. This isn't the sort of player I want around at LYLO.

I'm still feeling that Plague's very superficial. If you don't want me around during LYLO, which is actually a funny way of saying "I'm cool with lynching this person if they're town". You should consider voting for scum, not hypothetical townies you wouldn't miss.

I might not be available for two hours before phase end but truth be told, I'd prefer my own lynch to a NL if it'll provide information. I'd really prefer to lynch one of Mole or Plague, not so much King anymore, in part to me feeling his responses were genuine. Not that it was a reaction test, just that's what I gathered.

For clarification on the BK bit, the reading comprehension thing is null, but him not acknowledging people commenting on it is kind of scummy

Considering I've just posted about that, any updates?

Votals

Black Knight (2) - Specter Knight, King Knight

Mole Knight (2) - Treasure Knight, Black Knight

Polar Knight (2) - Propeller Knight, Plague Knight

Propeller Knight (1) - Polar Knight

Tinker Knight (1) - Mole Knight

Treasure Knight (1) - Tinker Knight

Not Voting (0): None!

You have 3 hours left in the phase. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Edited by Prims

So... Is this going to be a staring contest until we figure out who's going to switch votes at the last minute? I'll be around for the next 1 and a half hours but not for the actual deadline.

My drive for re-reading was gone a while ago so I haven't gone back to look at Polar's posts in detail, but I somehow doubt they'll be around to claim on such a short notice. Would prefer Black or Mole lynches at this point.

Mole and Tinker should do something useful with their votes because I doubt Tinker or treasure are going to get lynched at this stage.

Because he originally said he thought I was scum (not listed in the post you linked)

Then defends his reads, going "How am I wrong?"

Then lists me as null/town the next time with no indication of having really changed his mind

Appeasement is a tell that doesn't work in my experience though. I remember using it almost exclusively as scum to mudsling townies because it's really easy to paint any kind of reaction or opinion-changing as appeasement in reaction to something.

I guess it'd be possible if they're a really new player, but even then I wouldn't lynch over it unless Black and Mole made ridiculously town claims.