Smash 4, Character Discussion Thread. #21 Metaknight

Jedi

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a quick question, should I have the power to vote? (Wouldn't be till nomination 3 if you guys decided I should)

I don't see why not. It's your topic, after all. If you wanted, you could make my vote count for x3. ; ]

was gonna come in here and be an ass and like, tie the entire thing up again, but Literally Perfect is who I want to win anyways

guys please.

idk about jedi but I can't tell who you mean with a lot of these.

like wait is "Literally Perfect" robin orrrrr

DhymgiN.png

that is actually a thing in the game

That was before he got nerfed in the earlier patches. That's why he got nerfed. He was too good. 10-0 matchups everywhere.

wait when did dedede get nerfed, and how? not that I disbelieve you I just don't know when/what happened?

(unless you were just making a joke, ofc)

Nomination 2 is

The Mighty King Dedede

UYpZdCC.jpg

lGr5eDE.png“I Need a Monster to Clobber That There Kirby”

Origin: Kirby's Dream Land on the Gameboy

Year: 1992

Developer: HAL Laboratory

JP/En VA: Masahiro Sakurai

Statistics and Frame Data: http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/King%20Dedede

RSATD: While this also is a thing in the Kirby series as well, King Dedede originally couldn't float like Kirby until he was defeated by him in Dream Land, but after hard training he was able to float just like our marshmallow hero

So begins the Dedede discussion, I sadly won't have too much to say in particular, He hits like a truck, is very slow, but has some good recovery options for his weight class and decent combos out of grab. I personally find him too overwhelmed by faster characters however, but he does have that stupidly long reaching hammer.

Edited by Jedi

He has a huge recovery, what with all his hops and an UpB that goes ridiculously high

Heavy hitting Bair and a pretty decent Nair give him an alright fall game, but I find it incredibly hard to approach from the air after getting knocked high up since D3's vertical approach is risky at best since he's just so darn big and has bad downward hitboxes

Nothing is more satisfying than netting Fsmash or Jethammer KOs

He has a huge recovery, what with all his hops and an UpB that goes ridiculously high

Heavy hitting Bair and a pretty decent Nair give him an alright fall game, but I find it incredibly hard to approach from the air after getting knocked high up since D3's vertical approach is risky at best since he's just so darn big and has bad downward hitboxes

Nothing is more satisfying than netting Fsmash or Jethammer KOs

Yeah, I find its really hard for Dedede to land, and I find that out just from fighting them mostly. Sometimes I get careless though and they smack me around.

I think his Jab is really good though overall.

Edited by Jedi

Not the best against Floaters at 35+% but otherwise its solid and has a wide and tall hitbox which I personally love.

Dthrow into Uair KOs pretty reliably. It's sad that he doesn't have a kill throw but at least he can with Uair at like, sub 120%

It also punishes ppl too close to the ledge when edgeguarding which is pretty bro

Edited by Elieson

Not the best against Floaters at 35+% but otherwise its solid and has a wide and tall hitbox which I personally love.

Dthrow into Uair KOs pretty reliably. It's sad that he doesn't have a kill throw but at least he can with Uair at like, sub 120%

It also punishes ppl too close to the ledge when edgeguarding which is pretty bro

Uair hits pretty hard and comes out pretty fast, I don't like being above Dedede lol.

Also whats the timing on his dair? It feels like a slower hit then Ikes and Roys but with a similar swing.

2 framea slower than Ikes iirc? Id rather just Nair for the pretty much confirmed hit instead

Also fwiw I think D3 has the longest lasting ftilt, which is pretty neat