Smash 4, Character Discussion Thread. #21 Metaknight

Jedi

#ReplaceRosalinaWithIceClimbers #ScrewTheSpaceWaifu
I will always have PTSD flashbacks of the time I was playing Lucas and got killed at 12% by Rosie gimping me. Never forget.
Real talk though, Rosie is always really annoying to fight imo. Every one of them I fight on For Glory avoids me like the plague when Luma dies, then goes in attack mode when it comes back. It's really obnoxious. The fact that it soaks up projectiles is arrrgh too.

also euk you should play a couple rounds with me sometime.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#ReplaceRosalinaWithIceClimbers #ScrewTheSpaceWaifu
I will always have PTSD flashbacks of the time I was playing Lucas and got killed at 12% by Rosie gimping me. Never forget.
Real talk though, Rosie is always really annoying to fight imo. Every one of them I fight on For Glory avoids me like the plague when Luma dies, then goes in attack mode when it comes back. It's really obnoxious. The fact that it soaks up projectiles is arrrgh too.

#HowDareYou

I don't think there's much Ness/Lucas can do if she gets them far enough away from the stage that they have to use their Up-B.

You looking for someone to play with?

nuuuu you're too good, you hand my arse to me on a silver platter ;-;

Looking back now, I was close enough to the stage I could totally just have used Rope Snake.

Regrets.

It wasn't 12% (something like 60%), but I once beat a Lucas by taking his PK Thunder while I was standing on the edge. Easiest kill ever, RosaLuma OP, please [don't] nerf.

Uh, wait, what am I actually supposed to say in this topic? I assume just discussion about the character in general. I like Rosalina & Luma in this game because they get me the most wins.

nuuuu you're too good, you hand my arse to me on a silver platter ;-;

Come on.. I'll even use Rosalina.

Uh, wait, what am I actually supposed to say in this topic? I assume just discussion about the character in general.

This is correct. I think.

sure okay

hit me up on skype or something

Uh, wait, what am I actually supposed to say in this topic? I assume just discussion about the character in general. I like Rosalina & Luma in this game because they get me the most wins.

probably talk about how rosa fairs in the metagame, what matchups/playstyles she struggles with / doesn't struggle with, etc.

It wasn't 12% (something like 60%), but I once beat a Lucas by taking his PK Thunder while I was standing on the edge. Easiest kill ever, RosaLuma OP, please [don't] nerf.

Anything relevant to the character you wish to discuss basically.

Also Zera, I've already put the frame data on the first post of this particular set :P:

Edited by Jedi

idk if you posted this because I said I was unsure about transcendence but kurogane hammer doesn't track transcendence

that being said Rosa's uair is in fact transcendent

Edited by Euklyd

idk if you posted this because I said I was unsure about transcendence but kurogane hammer doesn't track transcendence

that being said Rosa's uair is in fact transcendent

Yes more reasons to dislike her Uair :P:.

I'm actually thinking of messing with Rosa just to learn how she works more, so I understand how to fight her better.

Edited by Jedi

Yes more reasons to dislike her Uair :P:.

I'm actually thinking of messing with Rosa just to learn how she works more, so I understand how to fight her better.

Because we need more reason to dislike her U-Air, right?

If you want, we could play some Rosalina matches.

I'll think about it! I need more experience vs her lol.

NO JEDI

DON'T FALL TO THE DARK SIDE

You have allowed these Rosaluma mains to twist your mind until now...until now you seek to become the very thing you swore to destroy!

NO JEDI

DON'T FALL TO THE DARK SIDE

You have allowed these Rosaluma mains to twist your mind until now...until now you seek to become the very thing you swore to destroy!

It's not so bad.. we have Lumas. And star bits.

Just pledge your allegiance to the space queen and all will be well.

Edited by Tsunami922

What about the Rosalina vs Meta Knight matchup?

I'd imagine it would be in Meta Knight's favour actually, since he has plenty of ways to get rid of Luma and is your typical rush down character.

I'd imagine it would be in Meta Knight's favour actually, since he has plenty of ways to get rid of Luma and is your typical rush down character.

Metaknight does have the advantage in terms of speed and maybe getting rid of Luma, but Rosalina out spaces him if he can't get close, both with and WITHOUT Luma, due to his short range.

She can also stop his aerial assaults with her very good uair and dair. Honestly I feel its like maybe even 50-50 considering they both have alot going for them in the matchup, but I'm no expert on either character. I like playing as MK though.

Edited by Jedi

I haven't been abe to test it, but I think Pac-Man's hydrant does beat Rosalina's Uair.

That would make sense, considering how it works.

Good to see a Pac-Man player around, not many of your kind.

Oh no don't worry Euk. I have no intention of maining her at all.

that's what Anakin said when he killed Dooku

I feel like uair wouldn't do enough damage to beat out hydrant

it definitely doesn't beat out bombs

and it's transcendent so it shouldn't clank

I should test if Metaknights tornado can eat through Rosalina's aerials.

Mach Tornado can only eat weak projectiles, and that's it.

It also has jack range beyond MK's body, so nearly all attacks can beat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlQLM0XkXW0&feature=youtu.be&t=23s

It's also has a ton of endlag, so it's only strengths are its damage and long-lasting hitboxes.

Edited by Zera

I oft confuse it for Brawls for some reason, yeah the Tornado is pretty much only super good in Smash 4 if you can land it.

So hey guys are we done with Rosaluma discussion or do people have more to say?